Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Help the Dev team! Retail Saves

Comments

• Options
    Stdlr9Stdlr9 Posts: 2,744 Member
    edited April 2016
    This thread is hilarious. It's basically, "We either don't have time to debug the game, don't have the know-how to debug it, or didn't thoroughly test it before release. We would like to appear to be doing something, so instead of us having to play Olympus TS4, send us save files."

Let's save time. People wanted something like OFB from TS2 and got.... whatever it is they got in TS4.
  • Options
    Frn0731Frn0731 Posts: 7,180 Member
    Here are a few things that could be tweeked without adding anything.

I have the same group of customers every day , rather strange and annoying. They leave after purchasing something and come right back.
    I can't restock from my own inventory , I sold frogs and bred my own, I don't want to pay for new stock . Also the same with selling paintings, we should be able to restock using our own inventory and it should benefit stocking abilities
    The cash register business needs attention.
    All this standing around chatting as many others have mentioned needs to be fixed.

I always make living quarters above the shop and use the whole family to run the business. I would be nice if the kids came back to the shop after school rather than the home lot. Also mail needs to come to the business lots rather than the home lot.

Sometimes the blue bar gets stuck on the customers head and they walk around town like that. Repairing the game fixes this.

I just can't figure out how to send my save file it's too stressful to keep trying.
    Laugh out loud. Often
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Stdlr9 wrote: »
    This thread is hilarious. It's basically, "We either don't have time to debug the game, don't have the know-how to debug it, or didn't thoroughly test it before release. We would like to appear to be doing something, so instead of us having to play Olympus TS4, send us save files."

Let's save time. People wanted something like OFB from TS2 and got.... whatever it is they got in TS4.
    Yep pretty much. An upgrade from that not a downgrade.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    EpicSmiley13EpicSmiley13 Posts: 3 New Member
    It'd be great for a bakery or restaurant if the customers could eat the food after purchasing. I've also had a problem of hungry customers just up and taking a serving of the food, then sitting down to eat it. I hope this can be fixed!
  • Options
    ThePoeticPreacherThePoeticPreacher Posts: 531 Member
    I have a save I have been contemplating using to start a shop on. I'll pass it along if I do. I usually set up shops for my sims to buy from as opposed to running (just my play style) but I have been wanting to explore everything of it. Thanks for posting. :)

@LosaruTaiyo I have used the skills, painting, writing, and crafting to run a store with my sims couple. I sell painting, books and crafted items. It's fun to have a store when it's at least two sims in the household, that way you can talk to you customers, ring them up, or restock items while your other simmer is doing other tasks, helps rack up perk points faster, once i got all my perks i mocked up everything at a 100 percent, you can even sell the food you make from your refrigerator, or sell some expensive fish you have caught, you really got to play that side of the game it's fun...or pick the most expensive item and sell to make a bigger faster profit....
    pO5uos8.jpg
  • Options
    @SimGuruDrake It would be nice if we could have a mall system...Like function with more then one store, meaning i can my paint, book, & Craft store running but at the same time I could have a Bakery & Fish store right next to it, but i wouldn't have to run my Sims all over the place to make sales. I would say improve on the computers ability to make sales while your in another store. Also with Charisma skill where we can start our own social network, it we would be nice if we can sell programs and videos games, even perhaps make our social network and actual company in the sims world.....like add 50 more arcade rooms so our sims can have arcade rooms they can actually sell or sims can play for a profit as long as it's in there store...
    pO5uos8.jpg
  • Options
    SweetieTreatsSweetieTreats Posts: 2,668 Member
    @AquaSimmer1212 All of my list are bugs or annoyances with the game. Please read the bug forums so you understand my comment.
  • Options
    AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    @AquaSimmer1212 All of my list are bugs or annoyances with the game. Please read the bug forums so you understand my comment.

What are you even talking about?
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• Options
    Missaaliyah812Missaaliyah812 Posts: 618 Member
    Sims buy more than one item.
    Sims line up at the cash register
  • Options
    MarleyTheWizardMarleyTheWizard Posts: 962 Member
    I hope those who can, do share their files, I just recently started using retail stores in my game,
    it definitely needs some tweaking here and there to become more enjoyable.

Not having the retail store count as a job/career, bugs me along side a lot of things that has already been mentioned, hope they take notes of that too!
    I Sometimes Tweet About The Sims 4
    Gallery ID: MarleyTheWizard
  • Options
    crazycat_135crazycat_135 Posts: 1,349 Member
    Maybe since a restaurant gp is coming, they wanted to make sure it worked properly with GTW. Just so we could run our own restaurant if we had the pack. :)
  • Options
    cactusjuicecactusjuice Posts: 573 Member
    Maybe since a restaurant gp is coming, they wanted to make sure it worked properly with GTW. Just so we could run our own restaurant if we had the pack. :)

That is exactly what I was thinking because they haven't bothered to try and fix it in the past but the new pack probably uses the same system as the retail in GTW
  • Options
    RoboSpongieRoboSpongie Posts: 1,042 Member

I do hope so !! It looks good !
    = Sims Player for 17+ Years =
    tumblr_inline_nsj7xjgkAi1rrkf1x_500.gif
  • Options
    @RoboSpongie i hear you, i think they could do a lot of packs that is connected to GTW....One thing would be nice if they could activate all the careers to be played out...
    pO5uos8.jpg
  • Options
    SweetieTreatsSweetieTreats Posts: 2,668 Member

Nevermind. You were just trying to pick at my post.
  • Options

Nevermind. You were just trying to pick at my post.

I truly don't even know what you're talking about but okay.

• Options
    urygauryga Posts: 559 Member
    4 The Photo stuff in "Get to Work", Plz take out the "LOOK WHATS GOING ON"
    Trying to take wedding Photos for the Wall and cant get a good kissing shot under the wedding arch without my sim stopping from taking a picture to "Look what's going on".
  • Options
    naughtygwennynaughtygwenny Posts: 171 Member
    Home retail business would be nice and maybe actually be able to use the registers. Also a way for sims who buy food to actually sit down and eat it instead of having to put in "free samples" or a vending machine. My favorite type of retail is a store or gallery that sells paintings. I would also like the baked goods to have a better price and also the ability to make many of the same item at once like in Sims 2 Open for Business
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    With the restaurant pack coming, I think it would be cool if Sims could run a bed and breakfast with it. I wonder what retail abilities will come with it?
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    Scobre wrote: »
    With the restaurant pack coming, I think it would be cool if Sims could run a bed and breakfast with it. I wonder what retail abilities will come with it?

Hopefully good ones lol.

• Options
    Inna MinnitInna Minnit Posts: 2,008 Member
    Make retail / self employed a legitimate career option. It's annoying having my retail Sims getting sad because they want a career.
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member

But how will that work as not everyone bought GTW - so I don't see how it will affect a gp for people with out that ep.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    thesimsserbiathesimsserbia Posts: 510 Member
    edited May 2016
    changing
    Post edited by thesimsserbia on
  • Options
    Pipersfun2Pipersfun2 Posts: 710 Member
    I just started playing the retail system recently, opening a bakery for the Landgraab family. Though I would love to have a store selling harvested fruits/veggies from my gardening sims, but I think it needs improvement before I can do it. I will send my file over tonight.

Here are some improvements I would love to see:
    1. Be able to choose anyone in the world as my employee. My sim wants to hire her friend as her employee, but no matter what I do, I could only pick one of the 6 in the list.
    2. When selling harvested goods, it would be nice to have them displayed in a container or fruit basket (like the ones in the supermarkets) instead of just laying flat on the countertop.
    3. Be able to set up a store at home, like OFB
    4. Be able to craft bouquets with the flowers we harvested. At this point flowers are kind of useless in the game.
    5. Be able to garden in the retail lot. I just found out that I couldn't plant anything in the retail lot.
    6. Someone mentioned photo booth above. This is probably not related to retail, but I would love to see the ability to hire a photographer for the photo booth, either at home or at the community lot. I sent my newly wed sims over to the photo booth, only to find out that they need someone to take photo for them. And yes, it would be nice to be able to take a family portrait (mixed with children and adults) and not just limited to 2 sims and age at a time.

@chidoriaida, I love all of your ideas!
    while we are playing them,WHO IS PLAYING US?
  • Options
    Pipersfun2Pipersfun2 Posts: 710 Member
    MicemSims wrote: »
    I don't have a save file I can give you right now, but I essentially would like it to be very similar Open for Business, or just like OFB altogether. That is my all time favourite expansion pack and I could spend hours on end playing with the OFB retail system. That's what I was really hoping the retail system in GTW would be like.

I would really like to have the following implemented:
    • Home businesses, which for me is a must.
    • Ticket booth so I can own a nightclub or a gym etc.
    • Rank system and customer loyalty system.
    • Working cash registers and shopping bags where the customers can line up. Maybe if they get tired of waiting and it's taking too long they can do what they did in OFB and drop their shopping bags and walk out.
    • Customers being able to sit down and eat in bakeries.
    • Employees that actually do what they are suppose to do.
    • Maybe bring back some of the special interactions you could unlock like determining what the customer was wanting to buy, look for mark etc.
    • Setting individual items or grouping items together and setting their markup. For example some items in the store will have a 25% markup and others will have a 100% markup.
    • If your Sim is a retail owner, maybe they can have that as their job title. It's especially annoying when we have Sims who have the ambitious trait and own a retail store, yet they still want a career and get tense or sad.
    • Maybe we can have our Sims apply for jobs in the retail stores, even if they act like NPC Sims.

This is probably asking for too much, but those are my suggestions of what I would love to see implemented into the retail system for the Sims 4. I think it's great that you are looking for our opinions and feedback! :)

Edit: Just seen the most recent comments from the gurus. There goes some of my hope.. :(

• Employees that actually do what they are suppose to do. I so agree with this one, I am tired of calling my family members in and making them do all of the work!
    while we are playing them,WHO IS PLAYING US?
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top