Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Restaurant Gamepack/Childrens stuff pack LEAKED!

Comments

• Options
    mariesummersmariesummers Posts: 598 Member
    Is there a patch today?

No. Thursday
  • Options
    AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    Is there a patch today?

Thursday.
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• Options
    jessathemessajessathemessa Posts: 2,342 Member
    Is there a patch today?

No, the patch will be Thursday (was confirmed by SimGuruDrake) :)
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    dancenow13 wrote: »
    Also has anyone noticed that the kid was playing with toys that already came with the base game... it's a stuff pack so clearly the toy box is just an object and not a new game play feature... bit of a let down.

IMO, the trunk is a dress-up trunk. It's not like the regular toy boxes in game.
  • Options
    RosiaMia_RosiaMia_ Posts: 1,377 Member
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »
    EXTREMELY underwhelming.

Restaurants could have been in Get Together, and would have fit extremely well in that EP, compared to the cafes where Sims pile around an overworked barista and never get their order.

Additionally, more clutter or reskinned furniture for children was not high in demand at all. Fans primarily voiced wanting actual, interact-able, content with depth, for all ages.

It's nice they decided to take the lid off of the big mysterious projects they're working on, but it was not by any means worth it. I suppose this also reveals, since this announcement was for content in the upcoming months, we will only get ONE expansion this entire 2016 year. How disappointing.

I think you will really enjoy the content for both of these packs. This teaser video was just a look at things to come with some little easter eggs thrown in. It by no means shows you everything that will be in the packs (it isn't meant to). It is meant to show you what the type / theme of the pack is and a look at a bit of the new objects in it.

I rushed and judged. I'm sorry... After reading this has made me realise not to judge before we get, and to look forward to more previews!

Sorry @SimGuruDrake just a over excited fan X

• Options
    Rukola_SchaafRukola_Schaaf Posts: 3,065 Member
    I'm actually excited for restaurants and kids stuff. Cooking in the game is probably my favorite thing to do, and I mostly play with kids so this is right up my alley. I just hope it's all worth it. Just wishing for some playground equipment & interactions, and hoping we have a new world and can own the restaurants with lots of food items and dining options thrown in. *fingers crossed*

yeah, owning the restaurants ... hm, i just hope it's not like it was in TS3

i won't be participating in the forums & the gallery anymore - thanks EA
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,428 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    @SimguruDrake, I still can't quote anyone anymore for a over a month now, but this here (your quote)

'I think you will really enjoy the content for both of these packs. This teaser video was just a look at things to come with some little easter eggs thrown in. It by no means shows you everything that will be in the packs (it isn't meant to). It is meant to show you what the type / theme of the pack is and a look at a bit of the new objects in it.'

Makes me feel a lot better! thank you so much for saying this is the sort of 'theme' and doesn't show everything and hopefully I will like it as much as I liked GTW and Spa Day. Thank you for elaborating what you can. I hope you guys can tell us a little more soon. Make it 'soon'.. :)

Try another browser than the Internet Explorer. It worked for me again with Microsoft Edge.

• Options
    JerrelloJerrello Posts: 896 Member
    edited April 2016
    I really believe EA is trolling us at this point. This is so underwhelming it's comical. After a two month hiatus, we get a 15 second clip of mediocre content. Bye Felicia. *Slams Door*.
  • Options
    doedeardoedear Posts: 303 Member
    i understand that not every single piece of new content will be shown but i think more people would appreciate more "meat" to these teasers, but oh well, better than on going silence.
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Jerrello wrote: »
    I really believe EA is trolling us at this point. This is so underwhelming it's comical. After a two month hiatus, we get a 15 second clip of mediocre content. Bye Felicia. *Slams Door*.

I actually have to lol at this one.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    Ravager619 wrote: »
    All the video was is a teaser. At least we know the next two items will be restaurant and children themed. I'm sure we'll get more info soon on them.

I'm underwhelmed, not because of the length or the teased content in the trailer, but because of the themes of the content itself.

It just feels like the game, at this point in time, needs content much different than this. I don't think clutter and reskinned objects for children nor a restaurant game pack will revitalize my interest in the game, and get me to reinstall TS4 after getting so bored with it following GT.

I guess it is dependent on what they do with the restaurant game pack, but as I said in an earlier post, Spa Day didn't let us manage or obtain jobs in spas whatsoever, so I can't really say my expectations/hopes are high.
  • Options
    AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    Jerrello wrote: »

Sigh...
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,347 Member
    At least it was "No pack this month" announcement.

Let's see if a few of content is planned on Thursday.
  • Options
    ArlettaArletta Posts: 8,444 Member
    I'm supposing laughing is rude?

Thank you for the teaser.
  • Options
    asouthernwriterasouthernwriter Posts: 1,041 Member
    I'm actually excited for restaurants and kids stuff. Cooking in the game is probably my favorite thing to do, and I mostly play with kids so this is right up my alley. I just hope it's all worth it. Just wishing for some playground equipment & interactions, and hoping we have a new world and can own the restaurants with lots of food items and dining options thrown in. *fingers crossed*

yeah, owning the restaurants ... hm, i just hope it's not like it was in TS3

They are tweaking the retail system in GTW, so maybe that will possibly help with running restaurants. I don't see why it can't be done. I just want it done right where we can set the menu items, etc. :)

• Options
    HausOfSuperHausOfSuper Posts: 1,825 Member
    Male. INFP. Virgo.
  • Options
    simplysims25simplysims25 Posts: 243 Member
    edited April 2016
    15 seconds of garbage. Exactly what I thought.
    I notice how many of the 'excited for the announcement' threads have been closed too.

Typical EA.
    I predict more people will finally dump this game & stop giving EA your money -or count on being treated badly each time.

Not another dime from me EA.

*For those truly disappointed because they love Sims 4, I am sorry you are being treated this way.
    *For those who love Sims 4 no matter what -enjoy.
  • Options
    Aeroprincess87Aeroprincess87 Posts: 6,421 Member
    Oh sweet baby pancakes praise the Sim gods, it is restaraunts! I'm so freaking happy right now but I need to know if we can propose at the table again.
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited April 2016
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »
    Ravager619 wrote: »
    All the video was is a teaser. At least we know the next two items will be restaurant and children themed. I'm sure we'll get more info soon on them.

I'm underwhelmed, not because of the length or the teased content in the trailer, but because of the themes of the content itself.

It just feels like the game, at this point in time, needs content much different than this. I don't think clutter and reskinned objects for children nor a restaurant game pack will revitalize my interest in the game, and get me to reinstall TS4 after getting so bored with it following GT.

I guess it is dependent on what they do with the restaurant game pack, but as I said in an earlier post, Spa Day didn't let us manage or obtain jobs in spas whatsoever, so I can't really say my expectations/hopes are high.

True, but it was an amazing pack none the less. I inicially didn't even wanted to buy it but I did and I ended up by loving it. I can't deny though it would have been even awesomer if we could.

As for restaurants following Drake's posts I sort of have some hopes but I like to keep them down and safe :p
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    vethesimsvethesims Posts: 695 Member
    People were expecting too much (including me) and some even got confused thinking we would get an actual announcement today and that's why the video was disappointing, but it was what @SimGuruDrake said it would be: a look at what's coming.

I think it will be a good thing to get this little teasers from time to time so that we can at least know what kind of packs are coming. It's so much better than having no information at all until the official announcement!
  • Options
    KiaraSims4ModsKiaraSims4Mods Posts: 2,782 Member
    I feel underwhelmed too. Why not just show a full trailer? Is it so hard for us who pay monthly for games and stuff?
  • Options
    SimsFanatic2688SimsFanatic2688 Posts: 222 Member
    Ciarassims wrote: »
    I think the childrens stuff pack should be bigger though.

I think those four seconds don't actually show the entire pack, although I do think children deserve a Game pack, or maybe a big hobby pack where they can do things with their parents like playing basketball and stuff!

Yea! That would be awesome!
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,428 Member

You saved my day :D:'(:D:p

• Options
    inmyhead63inmyhead63 Posts: 17 Member
    I actually woke early to look for news! lol . Its true that it did feel underwhelming as it seems most were expecting *(HOPING) for much more info! (Its been a difficult transition after being used to having gravy with our meat and potatoes (earlier games) We're actually like kids who cant wait for DESSERT now! ) And knowing the next game pack is Restaurants wasnt a surprise ( but STILL a very good thing!). .. AND a stuff pack for Kids will be very welcome to my family oriented game !! Its all good news of course, we just hope to be fed MORE and SOON. Hungry lil urchins that we are...looking forward to game update time!