Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Anyone played the Sims 1?

Crystal1976Crystal1976 Posts: 154 Member
edited March 5 in Nominated Threads
I play TS3 more often than anything else, but the other game I have a lot of experience with is The Sims 1...
Is there anyone else here that still plays it? What is your favorite EP?
My favorite EP is probably Hot Date or Unleashed, however I don't have Superstar or Makin' Magic :mrgreen:
F1%2BGTR%2Bcrash.gif

"Whoops!"
-Nick Mason (Official)
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• BlueBlack007BlueBlack007 Posts: 4,480 Member
    Greetings, I played the Sims 1 until recently, I got all the packs for it, My fave is Makin Magic , as well as Vacation, Luv all the awesome stuff I was able to do in that game series, :) .
  • Crystal1976Crystal1976 Posts: 154 Member
    @BlueBlack007 That's cool that you got all of the expansions! What kind of stuff can you do in Makin' Magic?
    F1%2BGTR%2Bcrash.gif

"Whoops!"
    -Nick Mason (Official)
  • lunabellelunabelle Posts: 175 Member
    Makin' Magic was my favourite mainly cos of Bonehilda ♡
    Working on #100BabyChallenge #TwiggsLegacy
    Now up to baby number 64!
  • SimSwim2SimSwim2 Posts: 2,481 Member
    I used to play TS1. The first time I played both Bob and Betty Newbie died in a fire caused by Betty's horrendous cooking.
    Origin ID: StripedRainbow
  • SimsILikeSimsSimsILikeSims Posts: 1,634 Member
    I still have TS1 on my notebook computer with integrated graphics that I got in 2012. Also TS2. I have all the expansion packs and stuff packs for both. I have TS1 complete collection, AND my original TS1 cd in storage. I've played TS1 since Livin Large came out. Once I have a little more spare time, I will get the papers off of my notebook computer so I can use it, update my notebook computer with a few months worth of Windows updates, and then if it still works after the updates, play TS1. I have a lot of custom content for TS1 on my notebook computer. Much of it I found on CTO Sims, where they have a very active forum all about Sims 1, and once you become a member you can download their custom content. I got a new computer when my notebook computer ran nearly out of hard drive space, and I wanted to install more games and content. However, since the new computer is Windows 10, it might not run TS1, and might not install TS2.
    I have been playing The Sims since 2001, when Livin Large came out. My avatar deliberately looks like Chris Roomies from TS1.
  • IneshiIneshi Posts: 3 New Member
    The magic one and the animals haha sorry I speak spanish so I don't know how you called it, for me was Magia Potagia and Animales a Raudales :P hahahah I LOVED that game!
  • xooemilyxooemily Posts: 133 Member
    I wanna get TS1 just too see the "progress" EA has made ♡
  • Sha2520032003Sha2520032003 Posts: 2,258 Member
    I play TS3 more often than anything else, but the other game I have a lot of experience with is The Sims 1...
    Is there anyone else here that still plays it? What is your favorite EP?
    My favorite EP is probably Hot Date or Unleashed, however I don't have Superstar or Makin' Magic :mrgreen:

I wish I had Sims 1. I heard there's the Sims Complete Collection, but not sure how to get a copy. I'd love to play. Haven't played in over 10 years
  • SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    @Crystal1976

I have never played sims 1 but have just bought the complete collection and I was surprised to see its still being sold on amazon brand new.

I started with 3, recently got sims 2 UC and loved it and then decided I really need to experience all the sims series from 1 just so I can say I have done that lol

I just hope it all works when it arrives :)
  • AlanSimsAlanSims Posts: 711 Member
    Yes! I had the Sims 1 back in the day and bought the expansion pack as they came out. My favorite at that time was Hot Date. It was amazing to take your Sims out of home to the new downtown, but Unleashed really marked my love for this game. The bigger neighborhood, the new storylines, pets of course.

I also remember getting Superstar as a gift and having so much fun playing it the morning I installed it and didn't go to school because I was sick. Makin' Magic was also a great experience, it was something very unique that they added to the game and it felt like a completely different game. I remember being excited for The Sims 2 because we knew Makin' Magic was the last EP.

I actually have the complete collection installed and I play it from time to time just for the nostalgia, but I've been playing TS2 and TS4 more often lately.
  • Sapphire268Sapphire268 Posts: 66 Member
    I obsessively played TS1 when I was younger! I only had House Party, my older brother tried to get Hot Date, but Mum wouldn't let us (same thing happened to me with TS3's Late Night for a tiny bit). I made horrible houses, so I moved into premades or had ugly, massive disasters. I would make all my sims with blue hair, or I'd just play as Bella Goth.

I really want to revisit it, as I recently got Superstrar, but it just doesn't want to work on my computer.
  • ShearsyShearsy Posts: 727 Member
    I would love to revisit TS1. My favourites has to be hot date, vacation and unleased oh and I loved superstar. I have many fond memories of TS1.

My favourite memory is of my mum playing our family and killing my dad in a fire and getting me and my younger sister sent to military school. She accused the game of making her feel like a bad mother and never picked it up again, that's when I started to play.

If it's on amazon I might look into buying it. If anyone is currently playing I'd love for you to share your pictures. :)
  • canitbemancanitbeman Posts: 396 Member
    I would, but my copy of The Complete Collection seems to be missing Livin' Large objects. So frustrating! I got the CC because my Hot Date disc died.
    in7xjb5WX7PIyv2bAPK9om-UpQ6lu50OmTOOMedFkabQlJ6WAblttI-YkjpbwbaMsZYP99rvrxYZYvusuoiZY9kgoOukGZu8miL-x4i5Vjt_4VS982WP32Goc22ldJNMZMCL6b2pKA=w2400
  • lexylongcatlexylongcat Posts: 72 Member
    The Sims 1 was my life back then. Now I'm more of a Sims 2 kind of person.
  • Bluefairy286Bluefairy286 Posts: 254 Member
    Yeah I was having fun with it but it crashed. I also forgot that you had to install the expansion packs in the right order so I now have to uninstall a pack and install it again. :s
  • SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    I installed 1 complete collection today for the first time today ever on a windows 7 PC and it worked right off the bat when I remembered to uninstall a Microsoft update that's stops it loading for some reason...

The only thing I have to work out is how stop my sims looking like they have jagged edges around them which looks a little weird but the rest of the graphics elsewhere is okay but the pics I have tried to take look really small and silly other than that I was amazed visiting downtown to find lots of places to go that don't simply look like an afterthought slung onto a map lol so coming from 3 then to 2 and working backwards to 1, 2 is my favorite at them moment but 1 really does shine for the time frame it was actually made and released....

@xooemily

I bought it from the same reason just to try and be able to say I played the first series but I will continue playing it now I have actually got it installed so I would grab it while you still can before it becomes totally extinct or so rare its priced out of the market lol
  • ANIMALadorerANIMALadorer Posts: 64 Member
    Yes, I started playing The Sims in 2001. I bought all the expansion packs for TS1, TS2 and TS3. By the way, I played The Sims Medieval, too.
  • LBellLBell Posts: 3,511 Member
    I would play it if I could. If only EA would put it on Origin... :wink:

My favourite was Makin Magic and On Holiday.
  • lisamtownlisamtown Posts: 206 Member
    yes I played it and had so much fun with the game. I stayed up 2 days straight playing it!! a few years back i gave the game and all expansions pack to a friend. Only kept Sims 2!!
    graphics-wallet-540882.gif
  • lexylongcatlexylongcat Posts: 72 Member
    I started the Sims 1 when I was about 5 years old and I still love it to this day!
  • CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    I played it when it was released. I still load it up from time to time, usually to check on the details of a feature if I'm discussing it. I'll have a little play for memories sake.

It's hard to pick a favourite. Hot Date added so much at it's time of release, because I believe it was the first time we had community lots to visit! Restaurants were a favourite feature, but I loved building shops as well. Makin' Magic was brilliant, and I loved combining it with items from Unleashed, which had some great worn-looking assets. I liked collecting all the interesting ingredients in MM, and crafting spells and crystals. I particularly liked the old-fashioned features like the spinning wheel, baking with ingredients like flour, the nectar making, and the butter churn.

Superstar was definitely a favourite! I'd really like a similar theme for TS4 with active fashion, film and singer careers. The only issue I had with it was that your performance was based on chance, especially at higher levels. I'm a bit of a controlling player, so I prefer a more predictable outcome based on skill and effort.

I loved the vacation expansion, I liked that it gave us three new destination types to explore: snowy, outdoorsy, and beach. We have Outdoor Retreat for TS4 and I'd really like to see a ski resort and a tropical island at some point.

My least favourite was Livin' Large, it had some nice features, but it was a bit too OTT and I didn't tend to use the features that much.
  • HeyHeyyHeyHeyy Posts: 465 Member
    SimSwim2 wrote: »
    I used to play TS1. The first time I played both Bob and Betty Newbie died in a fire caused by Betty's horrendous cooking.

haha. i made this couple and they had a huge house {wasn't very good at building at the time} but there was a long hallway upstairs & the husband died & then the grim reaper started going down the hallway & i was like what the asdfghjkl; is that haha. scared me. but ive been playing the sims since 2004. i actually really want to play the sims superstar right now, one of my favorites!
    GALLERY: jdm14_xx
    LIKE my page on FACEBOOK. @jm.violetsims14

<3
  • WeirdAlienWeirdAlien Posts: 23 Member
    I started playing The Sims 1 when I was around 5-6 years old. I began playing TS2 almost the same day it was released in my country. I only played TS3 once or twice, and jumped from TS2 to TS4 last year.

I can't remember which expansion packs TS1 had, but I remember there was one where you could go on summer vacation and meet a shark by a pool. That was my favourite.

I actually tried TS1 again last year, because I found all the old CDs in the basement. It was fun, but not entertaining enough to do it for a long time after trying TS2 and TS4.
  • SimsxZelda_fanSimsxZelda_fan Posts: 179 Member
    My mom got Sims when it came out, she's been a longtime simcity fan. I thought it was stupid at first but she told me she was having a lot of fun with it and told told me to give it a shot. And Yeah, 2000-present day I've been a huge sims fan. It seems like with each new installment they give you more to do. My mom seems disappointed with Sims 4 but I still think the best is yet to come.

For The original Sims I did enjoy Hot Date quite a bit, and I had a lot of fun with Superstar which has become ironic since I wasn't very excited for Showtime on Sims 3. But the original Sims is where it all started for me and its what got me hooked. So many fun memories of that game that stuck with me
  • ANIMALSadorerANIMALSadorer Posts: 56 Member
    Yes...

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top