Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Market Stalls Coming in Game Pack 3 ???

Do you remember the concept art pics for Windenburg? A lot of us got excited when we saw these market stalls. And a lot of us were disappointed when we were told we weren't getting them in GT.

Y2iHZfF.jpg

There's been a lot of speculation about a restaurant pack coming soon.

Words like 'hungry', 'serve up', 'fresh' and 'culinary skills' have been used. One thing we'll need is ingredients, like FRESH fruit and vegies, so I'm really hoping that market stalls will be a part of the pack - especially if they're portable, i.e. we can put them in our inventory and go to town to sell all our harvestables we've grown ourselves. On the flip side, I also hope we can take other sims 'to the market' so they can purchase fruit and vegies to use in all their recipes.

If this is part of the new pack coming, I'd be excited.

What other objects would you like see included in a FOOD related pack? (speculating just for fun :) )

Comments

• Colton147147Colton147147 Posts: 10,453 Member
    edited April 2016
    Your Justine Keaton Enthusiast and the Voice of the Sims Community.
  • mylenaureliemylenaurelie Posts: 53 Member
    Vending machines would be cool, or like grocery stores, though there's a mod for that already.
  • jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    Haha, imagine if we were so off the mark, and it was actually a food based GP with new ingredients, market stalls, and food competitions etc.
  • SimalleyaileSimalleyaile Posts: 865 Member
    Thanks for the link @Colton147147. I never played them in Sims 3, so was interesting to read about how they functioned. They mentioned a

Lemonade Stand

and different juices, so maybe a

Juicer

could be added too!
  • jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member

$17 for a market stall and some deco? :open_mouth:

Imaging a $20 gamepack putting that to shame.

[@quote="Simalleyaile;14735428"]Thanks for the link @Colton147147. I never played them in Sims 3, so was interesting to read about how they functioned. They mentioned a

Lemonade Stand

and different juices, so maybe a

Juicer

could be added too![/quote]

Weird that Ambitions added a lemonade stand and so does this pack.
    edited April 2016
    The link also talked about a

Wood Fire Oven

TtceLiH.jpg

We could finally make PIZZAs, calzones, lasagnes etc, and then sell them somehow.
    Post edited by Simalleyaile on
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    I think you might be right.

Hopefully they give culinary a good over haul, and change how cooking works in the game.

I hate how its "optional" to include apples in Apple Pie... like why would it be optional?
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • PolyrhythmPolyrhythm Posts: 2,789 Member
    MasonGamer wrote: »

Hopefully they give culinary a good over haul, and change how cooking works in the game.

I hate how its "optional" to include apples in Apple Pie... like why would it be optional?
    I'd be fine with this as long as they bring back grocery shopping or being able to buy produce. I hate gardening in this game lol
    :*:,:*:*:*::*:,:*:*:*::
    v5Yd2X5.png
  • asouthernwriterasouthernwriter Posts: 1,041 Member
    edited April 2016
    I'd like the ability to have different ethnic cuisines (Chinese, Japanese, Mexican, etc.) We already have enough food items to create a nice Italian restaurant. I'd also like a deep fryer (similar to the one in TS3) and just a plethora of new recipes and fresh produce in general. :)
  • TriX0099TriX0099 Posts: 850 Member

Well, it really is only optional to use homegrown apples. Some just use "store bought" or rather "magically filled fridge" ones :)
    Maybe they'll give us the VEGETARIAN TRAIT!
    TriX0099 wrote: »

Well, it really is only optional to use homegrown apples. Some just use "store bought" or rather "magically filled fridge" ones :)

See the way I interpret "optional" was, "It's optional to use apples in an apple pie" meaning to make an apple pie you don't even need the apples.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

• klovesjenklovesjen Posts: 361 Member
    I'd like it if we needed to order groceries or go to super market (not rabbit hole, actual market). I dislike the fridge being magically stocked all the time.

Market stalls sound and look amazing!!!
    A farmers market would be fun, with lots of artisan goodies to buy like new toys, foods, produce, home wares, art. Like a real one!

I want lemonade etc stands for kids too
  • momboqueenmomboqueen Posts: 1,721 Member
    There is a mock apple pie it has no apples.
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    I sure hope these hints don't end up leading to things like market stalls or food carts. If restaurants actually are added it would be the first theme I actually care about that Sims 4 has covered I don't want it half done with multiple features not given the attention needed... at least so far game packs have stuck to its theme unlike the expansions.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member

See the way I interpret "optional" was, "It's optional to use apples in an apple pie" meaning to make an apple pie you don't even need the apples.

Maybe it's optional because if you use apples it's a fresh homemade pie, but if you don't the pie is frozen/ "store bought". That's how I interpreted it as. I would like real grocery stores and such.
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

ChadSims2 wrote: »
    I sure hope these hints don't end up leading to things like market stalls or food carts. If restaurants actually are added it would be the first theme I actually care about that Sims 4 has covered I don't want it half done with multiple features not given the attention needed... at least so far game packs have stuck to its theme unlike the expansions.

All the hints could still mean restaurants with Chefs etc are coming. Many chefs - especially those who own their own restaurant, often head to farmers markets and fish markets early in the morning to get the freshest food possible.
    edited April 2016

@MasonGamer

The 'optional part' in the recipe list, is whether or not you'd like to use FRESH ingredients, or purchase ones - through the fridge. You have two options.

5xe2dRN.jpg

If you tick the fresh ingredients box, the menu will expand to look like this. Then it will tell you what fresh ingredients you have available in your fridge's inventory, or your sim's personal inventory. You can see in the pic, my sim has a lot of ingredients, but they don't have BASS, so it will cost extra to make this recipe. Depending on what fresh ingredients you have available will also reduce the cost of the meal.

In some of the baking recipes, you don't get an option: if you don't have the ingredients, you just can't make that recipe.
  • aleeeexxxpaleeeexxxp Posts: 159 Member
    i really miss grocery delivery from sims 2. I would love to have that again.
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,472 Member
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    Haha, imagine if we were so off the mark, and it was actually a food based GP with new ingredients, market stalls, and food competitions etc.

I wouldn't mind that either. Food competition sounds like a lot of fun! :D
    My Top Song of the Day: Fancy Footwork by Chromeo
    FwDXXd5.gif
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    I wouldn't mind market stalls as long as we also get Open Restuarents.

@MasonGamer

The 'optional part' in the recipe list, is whether or not you'd like to use FRESH ingredients, or purchase ones - through the fridge. You have two options.

5xe2dRN.jpg

If you tick the fresh ingredients box, the menu will expand to look like this. Then it will tell you what fresh ingredients you have available in your fridge's inventory, or your sim's personal inventory. You can see in the pic, my sim has a lot of ingredients, but they don't have BASS, so it will cost extra to make this recipe. Depending on what fresh ingredients you have available will also reduce the cost of the meal.

In some of the baking recipes, you don't get an option: if you don't have the ingredients, you just can't make that recipe.

I still feel like that should be the case for all recipes, though. I just want it to be more of a challenge is all.

I'll keep playing that way though, If the ingredient(s) isn't in my fridge/inventory, I won't make it.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

• keylimepiesimskeylimepiesims Posts: 1,908 Member
    I'd love market stalls, really enjoyed them in Ts3, so it'd be great if they made a comeback in the next GP! :)
  • mirta000mirta000 Posts: 2,974 Member
    OH GOD, The Sims 2 grocery stores! I know that we would no longer be forced to stock the fridge no matter what, but I would soooo love this!
  • SimsFanatic2688SimsFanatic2688 Posts: 222 Member
    Its a good thought! I was thinking more along the lines of pop up restaurants that were in the survey.

I forgot about monte vista! I might have to buy that world for the sims 3 now,