The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A Question About Lot Sizes

Hi:

In the Gallery there are lots sized 50X50 and 64X64. In the game there are only a couple of spots that are size 50X50 and if I put anything of that size down, it would require me to bulldoze an already existing structure... which I don't want to do. I can't seem to find any lots that are size 64X64 in the game at all, so my question is what does anyone do with a lot that's size 64X64 (there are quite a few estates of that size in the gallery)?

And as far as 50X50 lots go... it's unfortunate that Maxis/EA Games doesn't give players many options that would allow players to use lots of that size.
If you got it, flaunt it.
If you don't, flaunt it anyway!

Comments

• PwhiskersPwhiskers Posts: 43 Member
    Theres a 64x64 in Windenburg. It is a pain that we can't place more lots/worlds aren't bigger, I agree!
  • DevilNDisguiseDevilNDisguise Posts: 2,225 Member
    64x64 lot sizes come with the new world in Get Together.
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,569 Member
    Hello.
    Do you have Get Together? There are two 64x64 lots in Windenburg.
    This is a map of Windenburg, showing the lot sizes, which I'll post so that you can see where they are.

5bydeu.jpg
  • MugglebumpMugglebump Posts: 52 Member
    Thank you for posting that map Rose. I went into Windenberg, and saw that those two lots are there. But they already have buildings on them and I hate to bulldoze any pre-existing structures. Based on a few experiences, I have replaced lots in the past but the lots that I downloaded from the gallery weren't the greatest. I find it to be a challenge to find Sims and lots in the gallery that have a pretty good amount of what I'm looking for. I can tweak the Sims and the lots but I really don't like to mess around with the handiwork that someone else put a lot of time and effort in.

I wish that the developers would design the game so that you could take a tour of a property (but not modify it) prior to moving your Sims in. That way if you don't like the structure that you put on the lot, you can bulldoze it without having to repeatedly move Sims back and forth.
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,565 Member
    Mugglebump wrote: »
    Thank you for posting that map Rose. I went into Windenberg, and saw that those two lots are there. But they already have buildings on them and I hate to bulldoze any pre-existing structures. Based on a few experiences, I have replaced lots in the past but the lots that I downloaded from the gallery weren't the greatest. I find it to be a challenge to find Sims and lots in the gallery that have a pretty good amount of what I'm looking for. I can tweak the Sims and the lots but I really don't like to mess around with the handiwork that someone else put a lot of time and effort in.

I wish that the developers would design the game so that you could take a tour of a property (but not modify it) prior to moving your Sims in. That way if you don't like the structure that you put on the lot, you can bulldoze it without having to repeatedly move Sims back and forth.

You can always go to the world map view (Manage World view) and then click on a lot you want to 'tour'. Then at the bottom right corner of your screen, you will see a saw and hammer icon. Click on that to go to build mode of that lot without having to have an active household there.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    Simmers go into a World and bulldoze everything and DL what they want in their game. I don't think you end up with glitches in the game if you do it this way (I haven't heard of anyone say it caused any problems).

If you don't want to start a new game, just bulldoze it, and play it and see if it causes a problem. If it does, don't save the game, LOL
  • Pegasus143Pegasus143 Posts: 2,490 Member
    You can always go into one of those lots that you don't want to bulldoze the way that DeKay mentioned and save it to your library, which will be accessible in all save files, so that you will have the buildings for safe keeping if/when you want to put them back.
  • MugglebumpMugglebump Posts: 52 Member
    Thank you DeKay and Pegasus143 for the pointers that you have provided. I'm new at playing this game, and I still have to learn some of the basics (visiting a lot in build mode or saving the lot to my library never occurred to me).
    Thank you DeKay and Pegasus143 for the pointers that you have provided. I'm new at playing this game, and I still have to learn some of the basics (visiting a lot in build mode or saving the lot to my library never occurred to me).

No problem. If you have any other questions, don't be afraid to ask. :)
    832XG3D.gif
    Simmers go into a World and bulldoze everything and DL what they want in their game. I don't think you end up with glitches in the game if you do it this way (I haven't heard of anyone say it caused any problems).

If you don't want to start a new game, just bulldoze it, and play it and see if it causes a problem. If it does, don't save the game, LOL

Nah, it's not that we're scared that it would cause glitches. I'm kinda like OP here cuz I don't really like removing something the devs have already put their time to build! :) I will feel so bad for some weird reason. I do move the lots around to other parts of the world tho, if need be. :P
    832XG3D.gif

Hello :)
    In the builds section of the forums, simmers have showcase threads with pictures of their builds. They post pictures of the interiors and the outdoors areas. You may like to look at the threads, and then you can see what it is the builds before downloading them, and it can help to find homes and venues that suit what you are looking for to have in your game.
    The link to that section of the forums is
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/the-sims-4-gallery

Happy Simming! :)
  • PallystylePallystyle Posts: 2,415 Member
    This is why I like having multiple game saves. You can have one world, I call EA world, with maxis lots and sims and the another with your own stuff or gallery stuff.

Also, I think you can bulldoze a lot with sims living on it and place a new one from the gallery. No moving in and out. Just put stuff you want to save in your family inventory box.
    My Sims 4 Creations= Click Here ;) Find me on origin at Pallystyle
    My Murkland Challenge Adventures: Click Here

• feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
    I move my sims onto a lot, and if I don't like the pre existing house, I go into gallery which is on the right top of your screen, go to community and download a house I like from there.
    I always tweak it, especially as I play and my family gets bigger.
    I am sure simmers don't mind their builds being tweaked, added to or some rooms knocked down. I do it all the time. It makes it more my house. I am hopeless at giving my own builds character and the gallery houses have loads of characters.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    There is a nice lot 50x50 in Newcrest I use to build many different type venues to fit that lot so others can have options of what to put on it. Like one I built was a mall, and another an amusement park. It's a very good lot for large venues.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • smoothyrus129smoothyrus129 Posts: 1,440 Member
    Pallypoo wrote: »
    This is why I like having multiple game saves. You can have one world, I call EA world, with maxis lots and sims and the another with your own stuff or gallery stuff.

Also, I think you can bulldoze a lot with sims living on it and place a new one from the gallery. No moving in and out. Just put stuff you want to save in your family inventory box.

I kind of do this! When I reinstalled the game and started over, I created a sort of throwaway sim in CAS, just to get to the choose a house screen. Then I saved that as "empty," that way if I want to, say, start a new game playing a Maxis sim, I could just choose them without having to go through CAS, then I just go to "save as" and save it as a new name. I did this (minus choosing a pre-existing sim) right away and saved it as "building" so I could have an empty world (I deleted all the Maxis sims right away) that I could bulldoze and rebuild at my leisure.

However, it would be nice if the devs could have given us some more larger lots in Newcrest, or maybe they could give us another empty world with more larger lots.
  • LightSands1LightSands1 Posts: 96 Member
    :) T> @rosemow said:
    > Hello.
    > Do you have Get Together? There are two 64x64 lots in Windenburg.
    > This is a map of Windenburg, showing the lot sizes, which I'll post so that you can see where they are.

Thank you so much for this wonderful map of Windenburg dear rosemow :smiley:. This must have taken you ages to create!
    edited July 2017
    :) T> @rosemow said:
    > Hello.
    > Do you have Get Together? There are two 64x64 lots in Windenburg.
    > This is a map of Windenburg, showing the lot sizes, which I'll post so that you can see where they are.

Thank you so much for this wonderful map of Windenburg dear rosemow :smiley:. This must have taken you ages to create!

Hello :)
    I didn't create the map.Another simmer kindly created it
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/14550231/#Comment_14550231
  • LightSands1LightSands1 Posts: 96 Member
    Hello. that was so nice of them :) and thank you again for sharing it.