Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Lines of communication are opening up YAY!

Comments

• BlueBlack007BlueBlack007 Posts: 4,480 Member
    As I am reading all the posts, I am feeling a little excited, But then Wham! it popped into My head that on the 19th, I would try to log in to find out what is to come, Only the power goes out,and then I am thinking that ya that would just be my luck, for that to happen to me, :).
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    Goldmoldar wrote: »
    April 19th is going to be a very interesting day and I hope it involves some real good features and if not oh well nothing new at least I will not be disappointed, dang no new game release next tue.

I hope it involves some screenshots as well and as in the case of Gamepack 3 a trailer would be nice.
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    Goldmoldar wrote: »
    April 19th is going to be a very interesting day and I hope it involves some real good features and if not oh well nothing new at least I will not be disappointed, dang no new game release next tue.

I hope it involves some screenshots as well and as in the case of Gamepack 3 a trailer would be nice.
    Def would be nice.

Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    As I am reading all the posts, I am feeling a little excited, But then Wham! it popped into My head that on the 19th, I would try to log in to find out what is to come, Only the power goes out,and then I am thinking that ya that would just be my luck, for that to happen to me, :).

LOL, seems you have luck about like me, I could see the power going out :D I always tend to think the worse so when it actually happens, it is good news! (RL anyway) I don't fret over Sims games, I always just go with the flow. It is nice when it is something you want, but not bad when its not because at least others wanted it.
  • Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    @Sk8rblaze, by what has been said I am now starting to think it's more of an overall view of what may come out in the next few months or this quarter or whatever. Like maybe tell us two SPs, A GP etc. But don't know it's still vague.

@Cinebar Yeah, that's what I'm guessing as well.
    One feature I hope they mention is coming back is in bed laying down animations. I know their being worked on.
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »
    Is the announcement to include multiple releases in the next coming months, or a specific pack releasing in the next couple of months?

Multiple I believe.
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »
    Cinebar wrote: »
    @Sk8rblaze, by what has been said I am now starting to think it's more of an overall view of what may come out in the next few months or this quarter or whatever. Like maybe tell us two SPs, A GP etc. But don't know it's still vague.

@Cinebar Yeah, that's what I'm guessing as well.

It will probebly be like it was when they announced ghost,new careers and swimming pools all in the same day and the months their coming out.
    Are the ghosts still in the Sims 4? I ask cause I read somewhere that they were taken out, I hope not cause I've yet to even have a ghost in my game, that would bum me out, if they were gone.
  • AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    Are the ghosts still in the Sims 4? I ask cause I read somewhere that they were taken out, I hope not cause I've yet to even have a ghost in my game, that would bum me out, if they were gone.

Yes :)
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

Thank you AquaSimmer1212, much appreciated.
  • AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member

<3o:)
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

Not only are they still in but the Von Haunt Estate in Windenburg comes with 2 of it's own ghosts attached and the wishing well can make ghost sims become normal again.
  • The_SimScraperThe_SimScraper Posts: 2,083 Member
    Rflong7 wrote: »
    Maxis has been releasing free content alongside paid content since The Sims... why so complex now? ... don't care- it's an excuse to me.

Things are not the same as they were back in The Sims, The Sims 2, or even The Sims 3 days. The way things were done then are not how they are done now as regulations and legal rules change / are added / removed.

@simgurudrake can you confirm it will be more than one thing announced, not just one? :)
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,584 Member
    edited April 2016
    Maxis has been releasing free content alongside paid content since The Sims... why so complex now? ... don't care- it's an excuse to me.

Things are not the same as they were back in The Sims, The Sims 2, or even The Sims 3 days. The way things were done then are not how they are done now as regulations and legal rules change / are added / removed.

Wow- laws on not 'leaking' game information to customers- never heard of it but it's not the loop I live in. Yes, everything changes and yet stays the same- except now we are consider ... blah, not worth it.
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member

Wow- laws on not 'leaking' game information to customers- never heard of it but it's not the loop I live in. Yes, everything changes and yet stays the same- except now we are consider ... blah, not worth it.
    I have from a couple of gaming artists. It is called a non-disclosure agreement. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Non-disclosure_agreement

I have to follow a type of non-disclosure agreement too at my work which is a lot harsher than gaming ones because it could lead me to jail if broken.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    Scobre wrote: »

I have from a couple of gaming artists. It is called a non-disclosure agreement. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Non-disclosure_agreement

I have to follow a type of non-disclosure agreement too at my work which is a lot harsher than gaming ones because it could lead me to jail if broken.
    That's exactly what EA's Hush/Hush policy is. What's really a shocker here is that they had gone ahead and enforced that policy on The Sims and all of it's future contents in the first place. It's not like that someone is just going to rush right on out there and make their own version of the game. Not with EA's grip on the copy right of the game anyways.

• Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,584 Member
    edited April 2016
    @Scobre wrote: »

Hi :)

I realize and understand about individuals and the company with contracts. I was saying something different. :)
  • TreelifeCreationTreelifeCreation Posts: 401 Member
    edited April 2016

A NDA is simply a civil contract between you and a company where you agree to not talk about something. If you break it then they can go to court and impose civil pentalties as defined in the contract (I.e. they can sue you). Other examples of civil contracts are rent contracts/agreements. :)

While the law does vary in different countries I'm pretty sure they are always a civil matter. Which means that have nothing to do with the law and you don't go to jail if you break them. :)

edited April 2016
    A NDA is simply a civil contract between you and a company where you agree to not talk about something. If you break it then they can go to court and impose civil pentalties as defined in the contract (I.e. they can sue you).

While the law does vary in different countries I'm pretty sure they are always a civil matter. Which means that have nothing to do with the law and you don't go to jail if you break them. :)
    Except when it is a government job in which the NDA laws are stricter and I would. I'm well aware of my non-disclosure agreement. I can't even tell my family about what I do at work. :( So I joke that I'm a secret agent.

@Rflong7 No worries. I mean I've heard of gaming NDAs, but man the Sims 4 NDAs are more strict compared to iterations of the past.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
    edited April 2016
    A NDA is simply a civil contract between you and a company where you agree to not talk about something. If you break it then they can go to court and impose civil pentalties as defined in the contract (I.e. they can sue you).

Except when it is a government job in which the NDA laws are stricter and I would. I'm well aware of my non-disclosure agreement. I can't even tell my family about what I do at work. :( So I joke that I'm a secret agent.

@Rflong7 No worries. I mean I've heard of gaming NDAs, but man the Sims 4 NDAs are more strict compared to iterations of the past.

Ah, government is different. It actually isn't a civil NDA instead it is protected by the countries laws that protect state secrets and sharing those secrets can equate to treason. :) you're not the only secret agent, ;)

To clarify non-government NDA can not put you in Jail. :)

Ah, government is different. It actually isn't a civil NDA instead it is protected by the countries laws that protect state secrets and sharing those secrets can equate to treason. :) you're not the only secret agent, ;)

Yeah basically. No worries. Awesome you are a secret agent too. ;)
  • AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    edited April 2016
    The NDA's are one thing - but Maxis management enforcing a certain communication policy is another matter completely - it has to do with what they make money on. In simple terms - it's about corporate greed. They can drum whatever they want into their employees that they can't do this or that, but the truth is, other companies have completely different communication with fans and customers, so something is not adding up. They are not telling the whole story. Ofcourse I don't blame the Guru's - they can only say what management tell them to say.
    Clearly something is lacking in the development side of things if Maxis can't do what other companies can. Nobody is stopping them, it's a choice they made themselves. Maybe it's some lawyer that has way too much say what goes on in game development, maybe it's about resources, or maybe it's about someone wanting to climb the corporate ladder. Maybe it's a little of everything. Who knows.

It seems to me they are complicating things because they are looking at it only from a business perspective, and very little from a creative perspective. When you cage creativity, the end result is mostly lacking. Creativity has to be free, or you are basically killing it.
    It is possible to blend business thinking and creativity - lots of companies have done it. EA/Maxis doesn't seem to be very good at it at the moment, judging from the product of the Sims. You can clearly see the boxed in creativity. The fear or losing revenue bleeds through the production of the game. It's sad because they could do so much money from a game like the sims, if they weren't so afraid, if they did it right. Basically it's a concept that shouldn't be able to fail. They really have to f things up to make that happen. So if they just opened up the gates a tiiiiny bit, they'd probably be fine. Although changing a corporation is like moving a mountain - it takes alot of time and effort.

One thing that does help is us simmers - the more we complain and voice our concerns, the better chance the employees of Maxis has of impacting the management. In a way, by not accepting the situation and by giving constructive feedback, we are helping out.

I'm sure there are alot more things to consider, and many things we don't know about, but that's my take on it. :)
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---

Yeah basically. No worries. Awesome you are a secret agent too. ;)

Lol, secret agent sounds so much more exciting than reality, :p