Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Lines of communication are opening up YAY!

Comments

• TheSingingSimmerTheSingingSimmer Posts: 3,348 Member
    Finally! I'm gonna try not to get too excited though, just in case it's nothing that interesting.
  • FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    Thank you @SimGuruDrake <3

I am excited, even if it's not what I want, at least it's what someone else wants!

Looking forward to April 19th o:)
  • ladybreidladybreid Posts: 3,455 Member
    so excited that ea will start telling us what we can expect

6ozbkz.gif
    wz3Vdbh.jpg
    Saying "not to be rude", then blatently being rude does not excuse rude behavior.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    I thought they said that tax law agreement called something with an N but not NSA lol was the reason they can't talk about anything they are working on...if they can now, what changed? or is this just about an upcoming game pack of some sort?
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
    Cinebar wrote: »
    I thought they said that tax law agreement called something with an N but not NSA lol was the reason they can't talk about anything they are working on...if they can now, what changed? or is this just about an upcoming game pack of some sort?

Not sure but she said plans for the next couple of months so it sounds like its more than just about one pack. :)
    wz3Vdbh.jpg
    Saying "not to be rude", then blatently being rude does not excuse rude behavior.
  • SimsLovinLycanSimsLovinLycan Posts: 1,910 Member
    This is good to hear! Now, no more "Why so quiet?! I'm freakin' out!!" threads on the forums...for a little while, at least. I hope that the up-coming content will give us all something to smile about.
    There is a song I hear, a melody from the past...
    5MNZlGQ.gif
    When I woke for the first time, when I slept for the last.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited April 2016
    It's a good thing, because as they say in Tropico 'the natives are getting restless'..and when that happens in the pirate one, they start fighting each other, and overthrow the pirate king from lack of fun.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,859 Member
    @SimGuruDrake Thank you so much for posting this. Whatever the reasons and whatever the methods I do feel like our pleas for more open communication and information on upcoming content have been heard by the ones who make the decisions on what can and cannot be said, i.e., the "suits" if you will - and that they have allowed you all to give us more information. Hopefully this will go well and they will realize that being a bit more open about the future content is a good thing. I look forward to next Tuesday.

just...no dance parties please....
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • BlueBlack007BlueBlack007 Posts: 4,480 Member
    It is great that they are finally telling everyone what is to come, But at the same time I am thinking it is Not something I was hoping for, so again I am getting disappointed, so I guess I will just have to wait and see.
    Save the disappointment until after the 19th :) they might surprise you!
    wz3Vdbh.jpg
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,290 Member
    Thank you for this, SimGuruDrake! Communication is always good.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • BlueBlack007BlueBlack007 Posts: 4,480 Member
    Yup you are right, I should just wait and get My hopes up yet again to be torn right down again, I do not think I want to do that, But at the same time, yes I will wait and see what they have to say for the 19th, so thank you, much appreciated.
  • Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    @Sk8rblaze wrote: »
    Orchid13 wrote: »
    rudy8292 wrote: »
    Orchid13 wrote: »
    My guess is that it's the result of fewer and fewer people actually playing TS4. Since it's tied to Origin, they can easily track that.

This is the result of my communication with all of you and your desires to know what to expect. This isn't something that just happened in a day, it has been in the works and had always been planned to go out on that date :)

It would be nice if the team that works on the game could open the lines of communications though. You've said plenty of times you don't handle that area. I know many people appreciate you coming here, but some of us want direct information about the game and as long as you keep this same policy the problem wont get solved.

The thing I really wonder is if they will be opening 'the lines of communication' about important subjects such as toddlers too. I doubt it.

I don't even agree with the statement in the first place. I don't think SimGuruDrake is "opening the lines" of communication. She is doing the same thing all gurus have been doing on Twitter, but in the forums. We never get real information. They announce a SP a week before selling it, announce GPs two weeks before selling them. I won't even mention EPs , because they seem to have the most unorganized team working on them. It gets delayed, it has a thousand bugs, trailers are misguiding (GTW) , they don't seem to be about popular demand (GT was a risk) , we've had 2 expansion packs and only one included a decent world. I'm sorry but in GTW you can totally tell the game wasnt executed properly.

SPs are pretty good though. I feel like they have a good team working on them, but SPs can't, well, shouldn't be the game's strong suit.

I honestly don't have a clue who played a role in the announcement of an announcement of an announcement for future content to be announced in coming months (lol) we will, of course, pay for, and are just so entitled to have received.

But I do think strongly agree they need to clean up the huge mess of leaving fans in the dark for so long. Giving us clutter in the form of stuff packs with an extra animation dubbed as "gameplay" is not an excuse to just leave us hanging for more, real content and gameplay with actual depth.

To EA & Co. : Don't shove a DLC window in my face by inserting, without my permission, a literal shiny button (that does not go away until I click) in my UI unless you have some quality DLC to offer me, and some decent organization for future releases

It's a good thing Get Together came out 4 months ago! Best public reception of a pack since the Sims 2 days! :D

Is this sarcasm?

The only time it was featured in blogs and such was when it was delayed until December. I didn't see ANY coverage of it after that. It was almost like it didn't exist at all.
  • BOYBOY Posts: 540 Member
    lovejess2 wrote: »
    I loved them in Sims 2 in Sims 3 they were a bit of a let down though. I'd love to see some new features as well so they can be expanded upon a bit maybe the ability of mind control.
    yeah, i'd like a mix of the two with some new features thrown in. they can definitely be improved upon, mind control could be awesome!
    Fairies & real Plantsims please!
  • SimsFanatic2688SimsFanatic2688 Posts: 222 Member
    Im so excited! I cant wait to see what they talk about!
  • LenaDieters11LenaDieters11 Posts: 1,346 Member
    @SimGuruGraham That's really interesting! Thank you very much for clarifying!! It is much appreciated!
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member

Not sure where you read about this, but here's a super quick explanation... I'm simplifying or glossing over a lot of finer points here, but this is the crux of what we deal with. The issue relates to when we can count revenue on sales of a product.

For upcoming content that we plan to sell, we can announce it whenever we want and it doesn't impact our financials because you haven't had the opportunity to purchase it yet.

For upcoming content that's planned to be a free addition to a product that you've already purchased - for example, when pools were added to the game - then once we've announced that content, it needs to be made available to a consumer within the same financial quarter that we announced that content in. If that content does not launch within that quarter, then we can't recognize any of the revenue we've made on sales of the game until we deliver on the expectation we established.

Things become slightly more complex for us, because we frequently launch new free content alongside new paid content.

Whoa, that's... wow.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member

Not sure where you read about this, but here's a super quick explanation... I'm simplifying or glossing over a lot of finer points here, but this is the crux of what we deal with. The issue relates to when we can count revenue on sales of a product.

For upcoming content that we plan to sell, we can announce it whenever we want and it doesn't impact our financials because you haven't had the opportunity to purchase it yet.

For upcoming content that's planned to be a free addition to a product that you've already purchased - for example, when pools were added to the game - then once we've announced that content, it needs to be made available to a consumer within the same financial quarter that we announced that content in. If that content does not launch within that quarter, then we can't recognize any of the revenue we've made on sales of the game until we deliver on the expectation we established.

Things become slightly more complex for us, because we frequently launch new free content alongside new paid content.

That's is very interesting, thanks for explaining. :)

It doesn't explain the rigorous code of silence you guys have to deal with though, but that is probably part of things you can't discuss, so that's a topic for another time I suppose.

SO basically there is tons of stuff Maxis as a company could say, but haven't. Hopefully that will change going forward. @SimGuruDrake should have tons of props for hearing us, and also whoever made the decision inside Maxis (I'm not sure who's in charge for the sims these days). ;)
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • Aquarius94Aquarius94 Posts: 505 Member

Thank you, Graham. That actually puts some things in perspective.

Why are you usually the only one to give anything that even remotely resembles a straight answer?
  • klovesjenklovesjen Posts: 361 Member
    Yay.

This is nice to see.
    After seeing the tweets about toddlers and pets not being in development, I felt like uninstalling Sims 4.

I hope that was not real and that what is revealed on the 19th is awesome.

I really want to enjoy the Sims 4 more.
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    ladybreid wrote: »
    Finally EA is going to give us something we have been asking for! Comminication of what to expect!
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/884212/no-plans-for-toddlers-or-pets-says-the-sims-latam#latest
    Hello Everyone! I’d first like to state that the only official SimGurus are those based in North America who are also members of the development / production / community team here at EARS. Any official statements regarding content for The Sims 4 will come directly from our offices here at EARS first.

Now that we have that out of the way, I’d like to give you something that is official and that I’ve been helping work on: On Tuesday, April 19, we will be providing you with a look at content to come to The Sims 4 in the next couple months. I will have more information for you about this then, but am excited for you to see what we have in store.

I am stoked about this and I am stoked about having something to be stoked about!

This is great but for some reason I still feel like crap, I had an awful day today and I don't think tomorrow is getting better, especially since I have a test and I pretty much don't know 🐸🐸🐸🐸 about it :\:'(
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • JayandMeekaJayandMeeka Posts: 2,377 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    Finally EA is going to give us something we have been asking for! Comminication of what to expect!
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/884212/no-plans-for-toddlers-or-pets-says-the-sims-latam#latest
    Hello Everyone! I’d first like to state that the only official SimGurus are those based in North America who are also members of the development / production / community team here at EARS. Any official statements regarding content for The Sims 4 will come directly from our offices here at EARS first.

Now that we have that out of the way, I’d like to give you something that is official and that I’ve been helping work on: On Tuesday, April 19, we will be providing you with a look at content to come to The Sims 4 in the next couple months. I will have more information for you about this then, but am excited for you to see what we have in store.

I am stoked about this and I am stoked about having something to be stoked about!

This is great but for some reason I still feel like crap, I had an awful day today and I don't think tomorrow is getting better, especially since I have a test and I pretty much don't know 🐸🐸🐸🐸 about it :\:'(

Honestly, I had such a roller coaster day today, so I know feeling the feels is difficult sometimes. Things change, good or bad. It will pass. Good luck :smile:
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    KatyJay88 wrote: »
    Sigzy05 wrote: »

Honestly, I had such a roller coaster day today, so I know feeling the feels is difficult sometimes. Things change, good or bad. It will pass. Good luck :smile:

Awww thanks :)
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1