Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Urbz: Sims In The City (Ps2) recreation project

15678911...Next

Comments

• AmaterasuChanAmaterasuChan Posts: 310 Member
    edited June 2014
    Thank you! But please, give me time. I will end up either finishing it, or releasing the lots :P Besides, the waterside lots are very awkward and shouldn't be placed any where. Then there's the lots with irregular shapes!
  • MaxTomasMaxTomas Posts: 4 New Member
    edited July 2014
    I love your project. I want to share this article with you guys, it's about the ways The Sims 4 has been inspired by The Urbz, take a look! :D
    http://simgoodie.com/the-sims-4/the-sims-4-vs-the-urbz/?
  • Garret360Garret360 Posts: 240 Member
    edited July 2014
    Thank you! But please, give me time. I will end up either finishing it, or releasing the lots :P Besides, the waterside lots are very awkward and shouldn't be placed any where. Then there's the lots with irregular shapes!

Maybe you could release the world you have so far as a beta :wink::lol:
  • DAZTHEMEAKDAZTHEMEAK Posts: 1
    edited July 2014
    this looks amazing so far i use to love playing urbz cant wait to see the final product
  • synthwitchsynthwitch Posts: 40 Member
    Hi... This is me, Amaterasu. I have horrible news.
    I have a new computer and no interest in reinstalling The Sims 3 as it took way too much space. I might go back to my old one someday to post the lots but that'll be it, I don't think this'll be finished... :(
    GUYS!!!!!!
    I just realized!!
    I once sent @Rflong7‌ a file of my world for her to check the "blueprint" out! I just downloaded it and I HAVE IT! I can continue working on it!

(Also, yes, that's me, amaterasu. I didn't know all I had to do to get my old acc back was to log in haha)
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    Woot~ I'm useful because I didn't clean out my Mediafire! :mrgreen:

Glad you got it and can work on again. :yum:
    edited January 2015
    Actually I got it from my emails :D It's a tiiiiny bit outdated but that's okay, at least I got the buildings! I'm thinking of making a new thread once I'm back in action with it.
    I've also been thinking I should maybe emulate the DS and GBA versions of Urbz so I can include lots from both games too.

Update: Aww, I don't have Gasoline Row or Cozmo Street in that version :( Maybe one day I'll just plug my old computer in to a TV and do something to save both lots haha.
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    Okay- Yay! You got it back. :mrgreen:
  • emmaningemmaning Posts: 3,407 Member
    Lol oh yea I remember it, I could still play ps2 games without any software needed as I kept my ps2 and have a PS3 and ps4 too. I prefer bustin out though. But my fave is still ts4
    feKqkxf.jpg

My blog: ning's backlog
    Don't forget the forum rules are on the forum- go find 'em!
  • ReddvelvettReddvelvett Posts: 236 Member
    Looking forward to downloading this awesome project, whenever you upload it. I just loved The Urbz, still play it on PS2.
    Thank you for the interest! My old computer is working, so I might download the world from there haha... God it's been going for a while!
  • LitnicLitnic Posts: 1 New Member
    > @AmaterasuChan said:
    > Thank you for the interest! My old computer is working, so I might download the world from there haha... God it's been going for a while!

Please keep this up!
  • AlexBrooklynAlexBrooklyn Posts: 162 Member
    Any pictures of this world yet? If so, please show them so we can see the progress so far. Thanks, and please keep up the good work. :smile:
    Hey! Sorry for the wait!

I doubt this will ever get finished; I MIGHT come back to it once I have my new gaming rig, that way I can finally play and create in TS3 fluidly. Id love to finish this project! It has been 3 years and I really wish I had the time. Dont lose hope, but dont get them too high up either! :(
  • synthsynth Posts: 407 Member
    it's looking so awesome!!
    buy artpop on itunes
  • ShisanbaShisanba Posts: 1 New Member
    This is so freakin cool! <3 I have to ask, when do you think a beta download will be available?
    > @Shisanba said:
    > This is so freakin cool! <3 I have to ask, when do you think a beta download will be available?

Likely never, unless I get motivated or get some form of help :( I would love to make the deco lots as neighborhood objects but I'm too bad at 3D lol
    kIHbYiY.jpg
    Idk if I'll be continuing this but I have my files back :D
  • AbereauAbereau Posts: 1 New Member
    > @synthwitch said:
    > Idk if I'll be continuing this but I have my files back :D

Hi, would be nice to see all the progress so far, maybe by sharing everything on a cloud based document. I would want to help with the project since I was looking to build everything on my own before I saw this thread.
    edited June 2019
    Abereau wrote: »
    > @synthwitch said:
    > Idk if I'll be continuing this but I have my files back :D

Hi, would be nice to see all the progress so far, maybe by sharing everything on a cloud based document. I would want to help with the project since I was looking to build everything on my own before I saw this thread.

Hi!

The issue is that my CAW refuses to launch edit-in-game :( but after having played TS4 (and most specifically City Living), I got a better idea of how big cities are structured. It may help in the future!
  • carvernosamcarvernosam Posts: 34 Member
    edited May 2023
    DELETED
    Post edited by carvernosam on
    Hey so I talked to ameraterasu/synthwitch (sorta) and I thought I'd drop a discord invite for this project: discord.gg/nYNHVy9

When have you?
  • denniskerstendenniskersten Posts: 2 New Member
    Hey AmaterasuChan and Synthwitch, I love The Urbz and I would love to have a recreation in sims 3! So much that I tried and failed doing it myself couple of years ago but I would love to help you out wherever you are in the process if you are open to it! Ive tried building a (small) worldmap in CAW which didnt turn out great.. But I feel like it would be less of an overwhelming project if more people work together! :D If you are not open to outsider help I can also understand, but I just thought I could help out!