Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

No plans for toddlers or pets, says The Sims Latam.

Comments

• DarleymikeyDarleymikey Posts: 4,047 Member
    There's just about as much evidence (based on the relevant statement) to not 'write-off' open world or a set of HD meshes for the sims themselves.
    wallshot_zps9l41abih.jpg
  • Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    Have you played Sims4 on a laptop? I mean, I find very little difference in the gameplay on a laptop versus playing on my pc. The laptop I have now clearly beats my third gaming pc as far as specs go. Laptops have come a long way in the last few years;and I believe they will replace pc's in the next few years. Perhaps this is on EA's radar and that is why Sims4 is looking more and more like an experiment in how to transition the Sims to mobile devices. They have tried PlayStation releases, cell phone apps and probably more than I am aware of. Before releasing new base games they have always posted the minimum requirements needed in order to enjoy the full effects of the Sims. So I was surprised when I read the requirements needed to play Sims4 after what was required to play Sims3.

The one thing that bothers me a bit about laptops is the fact they are very difficult to upgrade. Next month I am going to upgrade the video card on my fourth gaming rig. I will purchase it and install it myself thus saving me a bit of money, but it is still going to be spendy. I believe the resources that are needed to run Sims3 led to the somewhat early impending demise of my graphics card. Next year it will be time to upgrade my processor. These are things I know how to do myself so it's not a huge deal. Most Simmers are not that lucky.

Progress and change can be difficult. But businesses must adapt to change if they are going to survive. Technology has advanced by leaps and bounds in the last few years. We can't blame EA for wanting to keep pace with these changes. Their survival depends on their ability to adapt and thrive. That being said, that is no excuse for not sharing news about what is coming for Sims4. EA has millions of fans that have tested every aspect of every generation of the Sims. Why do you think they want us to share game files? They are looking for answers on how to design a game that can be played on many, many types of pcs, laptops, cell phones and game consoles. The bad news is the fact the fans have become disappointed, some have left the Simming community, many are just plain mad and others just don't care what EA has planned for us because EA doesn't feel comfortable in sharing anything of importance.

The new game engine designed for Sims4 is most probably partly to blame for the sudden clamp-down on news being shared with us. And why we get hashtag games to keep our interest alive. ( I won't even get into that here. :/ ) But truth is a good thing. I wouldn't bash EA for being straight with us. The truth would get my respect. The game playing and teasers being tossed about as they are do not earn my respect or my interest.
  • Colton147147Colton147147 Posts: 10,454 Member
    Hello Everyone! I’d first like to state that the only official SimGurus are those based in North America who are also members of the development / production / community team here at EARS. Any official statements regarding content for The Sims 4 will come directly from our offices here at EARS first.

Now that we have that out of the way, I’d like to give you something that is official and that I’ve been helping work on: On Tuesday, April 19, we will be providing you with a look at content to come to The Sims 4 in the next couple months. I will have more information for you about this then, but am excited for you to see what we have in store.

The upcoming Paula Deen & Katy Perry Buttery Treats people have been wanting? :p
    Your Justine Keaton Enthusiast and the Voice of the Sims Community.
  • Glimmer50Glimmer50 Posts: 2,365 Member
    Hello Everyone! I’d first like to state that the only official SimGurus are those based in North America who are also members of the development / production / community team here at EARS. Any official statements regarding content for The Sims 4 will come directly from our offices here at EARS first.

Now that we have that out of the way, I’d like to give you something that is official and that I’ve been helping work on: On Tuesday, April 19, we will be providing you with a look at content to come to The Sims 4 in the next couple months. I will have more information for you about this then, but am excited for you to see what we have in store.

Yayyyyy!!! :) Thank you for sharing and letting us know that those people are not official. Great news!! Whoo hooo can't wait to hear more about what is coming up. Thank you :)<3
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member

Cool that is exciting news. Thanks for keeping us in the loop and clarifying things. Nice to have news a couple months in advance for a change. I admit how marketing has been handled for the Sims 4 has been as the catchphrase goes "weirder stories", so been a strange experience. Then again this is the first game I've been on forums while under development for the Sims so new experience for me that way. The last minute announcements did become frustrating and discouraging for the Sims future. I know things have gotten better since you got hired at times not counting Gamecom....but yeah that was awesome when you got a sneak peak of the arcade machine for GT some months back.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • ladybreidladybreid Posts: 3,455 Member

Thank you, this is what we have been needing to hear, especially the part that is I put boldface on
    wz3Vdbh.jpg
    Saying "not to be rude", then blatently being rude does not excuse rude behavior.
  • AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member

Oh my goodness seriously?! That's awesome!!
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• Renamed2002180839Renamed2002180839 Posts: 3,444 Member

SO GREAT! Thank you, thank you, thank you! I can't wait til next week and I hope the hints about restaurants are true (lol) I for one would love to see them in the game! Thanks again for the clarification!
  • mskubemskube Posts: 483 Member

Thank you! Looking forward to next week.
  • HyenaCrowleyHyenaCrowley Posts: 54 Member
    > @SimGuruDrake said:
    > Hello Everyone! I’d first like to state that the only official SimGurus are those based in North America who are also members of the development / production / community team here at EARS. Any official statements regarding content for The Sims 4 will come directly from our offices here at EARS first.
    >
    > Now that we have that out of the way, I’d like to give you something that is official and that I’ve been helping work on: On Tuesday, April 19, we will be providing you with a look at content to come to The Sims 4 in the next couple months. I will have more information for you about this then, but am excited for you to see what we have in store.

Where did my real life fast forward button go? Anyone? -Glares at my Corgi- You ate it, didn't you?

On a more serious note, thanks for letting us know! Can't wait to find out what's going on. :)
  • Titanium922Titanium922 Posts: 8 New Member
    > @SimGuruDrake said:
    > Hello Everyone! I’d first like to state that the only official SimGurus are those based in North America who are also members of the development / production / community team here at EARS. Any official statements regarding content for The Sims 4 will come directly from our offices here at EARS first.
    >
    > Now that we have that out of the way, I’d like to give you something that is official and that I’ve been helping work on: On Tuesday, April 19, we will be providing you with a look at content to come to The Sims 4 in the next couple months. I will have more information for you about this then, but am excited for you to see what we have in store.

Thank you so much for updating us! :) Very excited to find out what's coming.
  • LadyTachunkaLadyTachunka Posts: 1,454 Member

tumblr_m8f60zKNXs1rr2zps.gif

thank you so much for sharing. this makes me so happy to hear this :joy: i'm so excited to hear this and i think everyone will love to see this
    8a35839c629b9a9f3643198909b278c0.gif Been simming since the end of sims 2~Sims Gallery ID:BSAAWaifu
  • FleurkweenFleurkween Posts: 235 Member
    Hopefully no one who manages the Facebook page gets fires over this...
    \cat%20with%20tea_zpsejebanah.jpg
  • ScarletQueenKatScarletQueenKat Posts: 792 Member

Sweet, thank you for telling us! Can't wait for Tuesday :)
    🌹 Scarlet's Mod List - Includes ALL mods, links to their latest versions, last updated dates, sorting options, and more!
  • LadyTachunkaLadyTachunka Posts: 1,454 Member

tumblr_m8f60zKNXs1rr2zps.gif

thank you so much for sharing. this makes me so happy to hear this :joy: i'm so excited to hear this and i think everyone will love to see this

0qofftwpyg7q.gif

AHHHHHH lilo and stitch!

q3Rq3X.gif
    (since this month rare pokemon is jirchi :lol: )
    8a35839c629b9a9f3643198909b278c0.gif Been simming since the end of sims 2~Sims Gallery ID:BSAAWaifu
  • emilymsimsemilymsims Posts: 398 Member
    > @Polyrhythm said:
    > catloverplayer wrote: »
    >
    > Pets is a Given. At some point they will be coming to TS4.
    >
    >
    >
    > Maybe. I know pets are expected but I would not be surprised if TS4 never got them for whatever technical reason.

And whatever technical reason it might be, they wouldn't tell us! just keep us wishing and hanging on for dear life! Who knows maybe they cant make toddlers but they don't want to tell us because everyone who has played ever sims generation wants that option. ( ok I wont speak for everyone but I think its safe to say.....) I'm just saying if they couldn't would they tell us?
  • rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    We must be getting toddlers next week :D so excited! oh.. wait..

anyway; bring it on, it's about time.
  • emilymsimsemilymsims Posts: 398 Member
    Restaurants really? I mean i'll take it if that's really all they will give me! Ugg SIMS 4!? why you do this to me!? ok I might not even buy that one- unless it adds some kind of family play or just gives child sims more interactions! good golly -homework-skill build- repeat. So over it.

I know that lots of people will be excited for this but for me this idea is bottom of the list! but my sims NEVER leave their homes.... they just stay home and keep trying for toddlers. BAHABAHA
  • ENolanENolan Posts: 2,735 Member

@SimGuruDrake thank you very much for this. I'll take a forecast over pure speculation any day!

giphy.gif
  • Ceres_MeirionaCeres_Meiriona Posts: 5,006 Member

YOU'RE AWESOME! Thank you for sharing this, especially the bolded part. Totally excited for the 19th now (I have that week off work, too, since it's our Spring Break... HUZZAH!) This kind of communication is so desperately needed, and I appreciate it greatly. Thank you!
    tumblr_oesik08PQO1vorh5do6_1280.jpg
  • rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    Aha, so again no toddlers?
    So much for the 'we are listening part'. Its ridiculous.

I am eager to see what the next EP will be, because in all honesty, it's getting more ridiculous every day.
  • AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    rudy8292 wrote: »

I am eager to see what the next EP will be, because in all honesty, it's getting more ridiculous every day.

We'll get toddlers eventually dude.
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• HimynameisHimynameis Posts: 336 Member
    rudy8292 wrote: »

We'll get toddlers eventually dude.

Says who?