Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Lines of communication are opening up YAY!

ladybreidladybreid Posts: 3,455 Member
Finally EA is going to give us something we have been asking for! Comminication of what to expect!
http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/884212/no-plans-for-toddlers-or-pets-says-the-sims-latam#latest
Hello Everyone! I’d first like to state that the only official SimGurus are those based in North America who are also members of the development / production / community team here at EARS. Any official statements regarding content for The Sims 4 will come directly from our offices here at EARS first.

Now that we have that out of the way, I’d like to give you something that is official and that I’ve been helping work on: On Tuesday, April 19, we will be providing you with a look at content to come to The Sims 4 in the next couple months. I will have more information for you about this then, but am excited for you to see what we have in store.

I am stoked about this and I am stoked about having something to be stoked about!
wz3Vdbh.jpg
Saying "not to be rude", then blatently being rude does not excuse rude behavior.

Comments

• AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    Hello Everyone! I’d first like to state that the only official SimGurus are those based in North America who are also members of the development / production / community team here at EARS. Any official statements regarding content for The Sims 4 will come directly from our offices here at EARS first.

Now that we have that out of the way, I’d like to give you something that is official and that I’ve been helping work on: On Tuesday, April 19, we will be providing you with a look at content to come to The Sims 4 in the next couple months. I will have more information for you about this then, but am excited for you to see what we have in store.
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• ChloeDeCookieChloeDeCookie Posts: 2,467 Member
    Finally somethin!
    To all you beautiful people out there, have a lovely day.
  • PolyrhythmPolyrhythm Posts: 2,789 Member
    This was needed so badly...at least that's only a week away.
    :*:,:*:*:*::*:,:*:*:*::
    v5Yd2X5.png
  • ladybreidladybreid Posts: 3,455 Member
    What a rollercoaster of an evening.

I am very happy about this and it is the first thing I have been this happy about concerning TS4 in some time. I could just hug @SimGuruDrake for that :D
    wz3Vdbh.jpg
    Saying "not to be rude", then blatently being rude does not excuse rude behavior.
  • LoveMcQueen5683LoveMcQueen5683 Posts: 3,689 Member
    Finally. Now there's something to be excited about
    LR3g0ni.jpg
  • xBlackDragon7xxBlackDragon7x Posts: 173 Member
    Finally we want some content gurus!
  • Sasquatch_01Sasquatch_01 Posts: 538 Member
    Now that we have that out of the way,

You'd think that was a problem somewhere...

We're all happy for the opening of communication lines everywhere.
  • ladybreidladybreid Posts: 3,455 Member
    I'm just glad for it, whatever the reason behind it. Many of us have been asking for it. One of my favorite things about buying a new EP back in the day was that there would be an insert announcing the next EP. It always gave us lots to look forward to.
    wz3Vdbh.jpg
  • LoveMcQueen5683LoveMcQueen5683 Posts: 3,689 Member
    edited April 2016
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »
    I kind of feel like this decision was unplanned, and made as a result of the unrest of the fans.

If so, good.

That's been happening a lot lately. Toddler discussion gets out of hand and we get a toddler idea thread stickied to the top by a guru. @Orchid13 vents her frustration with retail system and we get a thread about improving retail (though only performance and not new features)

But that's the way it should be. We should have some communication about our issues and have some idea about what's coming.

I'm not expecting much but knowing what's going to be happening the next couple months will be nice.
    LR3g0ni.jpg
  • Colton147147Colton147147 Posts: 10,453 Member
    Well, now I'm scared... the last time they said they had something "exciting", all they did was announce 'Get Together' with barely any actual information of the pack (which left a lot of us very confused)... then the press conference turned into an embarrassing dance party.

I am going ahead and leave this here. o:)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YEFiINtymu4
    Your Justine Keaton Enthusiast and the Voice of the Sims Community.
  • Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    ladybreid wrote: »
    I'm just glad for it, whatever the reason behind it. Many of us have been asking for it. One of my favorite things about buying a new EP back in the day was that there would be an insert announcing the next EP. It always gave us lots to look forward to.

I just liked knowing to expect a new expansion every 6 months and a stuff pack every 3 months, both announced well in advance before they were released. That's what kept me playing.

Now, there is no schedule and things are announced too closely to release. At the same time, I don't want to have to play extremely vague guessing games on Twitter to know what is coming up.
  • HappySimmer3HappySimmer3 Posts: 6,699 Member
    My guess is that it's the result of fewer and fewer people actually playing TS4. Since it's tied to Origin, they can easily track that.
    The Sims 30695923002_cffaca4078_t.jpg

Where are we going, and why am I in this hand basket?!
  • AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    My guess is that it's the result of fewer and fewer people actually playing TS4. Since it's tied to Origin, they can easily track that.

This is the result of my communication with all of you and your desires to know what to expect. This isn't something that just happened in a day, it has been in the works and had always been planned to go out on that date :)

Thanks for letting us know SimGuruDrake :)
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• Sweet_ItalySweet_Italy Posts: 898 Member

This is the result of my communication with all of you and your desires to know what to expect. This isn't something that just happened in a day, it has been in the works and had always been planned to go out on that date :)

Yay! Im so happy to hear all of this! It'll be so refreshing to know further ahead of time what is coming as opposed to 2 weeks between official announcement and release. I will definitely be around on the 19th to see what you've got for us!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Twitch: Sweet_Italy ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Gallery: Sweet_Italy~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Check out my Showcase Thread!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  • MadIrisMadIris Posts: 594 Member
    How wonderful, this was sorely needed! Looking forward to the good stuff coming (please EA, make me eat my past sarcastic/mean/frustrated words).
  • jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    @Sk8rblaze wrote: »
    I kind of feel like this decision was unplanned, and made as a result of the unrest of the fans.

If so, good.

Hopefully EA are letting them speak. I mean, the fact employees are scared of being fired from EA (EA are the ones who do the marketing for FB pages etc) for teasing content is just insane.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,708 Member
    What an awesome way to end a busy day at work!

Actually, in game The Sims 4 reached a new high just 4 months ago, and shows about 35 - 40k online at once each time I log on when the world is awake. That's very good, when that would qualify for Top 10 most played on Steam.

It also shows 19k when I'm awake (Australia) which is also very decent because a lot of The Sims 4's biggest countries are asleep.
    I'm really happy that we will get some information! Thank you for your hard work @SimGuruDrake
  • HappySimmer3HappySimmer3 Posts: 6,699 Member
    That's all well and good, but four months ago is not now. And EA tracks statistics quite religiously, so I still bet this decision is based on stats and not "player unrest" on this forum.
    The Sims 30695923002_cffaca4078_t.jpg

Where are we going, and why am I in this hand basket?!
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,708 Member
    Well I don't care about the 'whys' I'm just glad we're getting some info.
  • Sweet_ItalySweet_Italy Posts: 898 Member
    edited April 2016

@HappySimmer3

She is doing this because of how unhappy we are with the way new info is shared. Not to do with how well TS4 is doing in # of people still playing.

Edit: I didn't realize this was her response to your comment earlier, ha, lol, sorry
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Twitch: Sweet_Italy ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Gallery: Sweet_Italy~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Check out my Showcase Thread!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~