Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

☆☆ Sims 4 Quality Control Practice Challenges ☆☆

Comments

• Cbear13Cbear13 Posts: 6,278 Member
    Practice Challenge 2 - Part 1
    This was quite fun, I was going to do modern and ended up doing more a villa with oasis style pool.

Obviously it looks a bit dull without the house decoration but that will come in the next parts
    Part%201%20front_1.jpg

I have used about 6 different terrain paints trying to blend giving a bit of a sandy beach look around the pool and stone work paths.
    I also tried to spruce up the entrance with fountains and fencing in a different shape.

Part%201%20back_1.jpg

I love mixing fountains with pools and went with the statue decoration in the middle.
    Dont forget the lighting for that spectacular night view which so many normally forget. Also using the lattice roofing I made a little cover for the bbq area

Part%201%20pool.jpg

I used the aqua on the seating and umbrella to give some pop in color

Part%201%20bbq.jpg

New%20siggie%2011th%20Nov%2015.jpg
    ✦✦ Origin ID: cbear1313 ✦✦ Gallery: cbear1313 Gallery ✦✦ Cbear's Creations ✦✦
    ✦✦ Quality Control Contest ✦✦ QC Monthly Contest ✦✦ QC Create A Room Competition ✦✦
    ✦✦ Quality Control Practice Challenges ✦✦
  • cryskcrysk Posts: 657 Member
    *keeps staring at the entrance* WOW, just wow
    ccBcpyk.jpg
  • lisa17annlisa17ann Posts: 2,749 Member
    Love the pool it looks amazing! ;)
    34921575804_8da1fd7db6_z.jpg

• rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,519 Member
    The landscaping of the build looks so very nice! @Cbear13 :) Very nice entrance area! The water fountains look so very nice how they are placed there! The green plants give a nice look to the left and right side front areas. Very nice pool area! The statues look very nice in the middle of the pool and the lotus flowers in the base of the water adds a nice look. The fish fountains look nice there. The lattice roof covered BBQ area looks great! It is a very nice BBQ nook. The flowers look nice on the walls and the plants look great either sides of the counters. Very nice sitting area for sims to relax on the loungers.
    It looks very nice! :)
  • chips46chips46 Posts: 3,655 Member
    Lost for words that pool is very lovely
    Aww thanks Im kinda feeling like I need a holiday at the moment so I thought a villa would be nice to build haha
    ✦✦ Quality Control Contest ✦✦ QC Monthly Contest ✦✦ QC Create A Room Competition ✦✦
    edited April 2016
    My landscaping doesn't look as great as @Cbear13 but well, we can't all do a villa ;)

For the front I decided to create a path, made of two different terrain paints. The dark earth one at the edges and a path one for the main part. I decided to add some stones surrounding the path as well as the flower bed. All other plants are basically wild growing ones ;)
    6iaxmLo.jpg

As special hobby areal I added a chess board. The stone nook from 'Romantic Garden" (heck what's that stone was placed by using a room in the basement.
    fZIdLVX.jpg

Sadly the beams are visibly inside the house, so I'll have to find a way to cover them up. But it became a nice nook for sitting and relaxing.
    zhoQn0Z.jpg

MOO was needed to place the pool ladder on the foundation. I also raised the ladder a bit so that it doesn't poke through the foundation. Sadly once she goes up a bit more on the ladder she is grabbing through the foundation.
    uo4Yp4D.jpg

I created the waterfall by raising several fountains to water level in a small room in the basement below the foundation.
    The blooming scrubs under the tree was created the same way.
    OcUSZgR.jpg

To give the waterfall a more natural look I raised the foundation by one step, so it is now two steps high instead of one. Another reason for the rais was, that the Sims were able to walk over the foundation with the fence. Heck I knew the fence was a stepover one, but not that it still works on a one step high foundation.
    RowU8i7.jpg

If anyone is intrested, this is how the house currently looks like in my game.
    Post edited by crysk on
    ccBcpyk.jpg
  • Amiejaidenalbie_1988Amiejaidenalbie_1988 Posts: 224 Member
    Wow @crysk I love your junk house. It's so unusual. I really like yours and @Cbear13 landscaping too
    @Amiejaidenalbie_1988 thank you :smiley: I really needed to do something different in the game. And I learned that play mode wont load for me with ove 1.5k CC items :sweat_smile:
    ccBcpyk.jpg
    2eFPpTo.png?1

I love what sims do with moo on :D
    ccBcpyk.jpg
    Your landscaping work looks very nice! @crysk :) The front pathway looks nice with the way you have placed the stones lining the edges and used the two terrain paints. The chess nook looks great! Sims will enjoy playing chess there outdoors in the outside air. The sofa seat sitting nook is very nice! The flower boxes and flowers on the walls either sides of the sitting nook looks very pretty. The design of the pool area looks so very nice! Very nice rock waterfall! The lantern lights tree gives a nice look to the area. The flowers and plants look nice in the sections of the pool area, and the sculpture is a nice touch in the corner nook.
    The build looks very nice :)
  • emereemere Posts: 1,755 Member
    Great tutorials and tips here!
    @crysk I <3 your rusty dusty house!
    Reading the new challenge I realized that I've never done the landscape first :o I think it's a good shake to creativity. Well, to mine :s I will try to do it *crossingfingers*
    Haha @emere either had i and it is a bit of a challenge I was talking about it to @crysk other day and said we will probably change the order next challenge haha. But its not judged so u cab alter your landscaping later on to fit with the exterior if needed
    I thought the order was strange as well because I always do my landscaping last. It is nice to mix it up a bit though lol

Here is my practice challenge I thought I would do something a bit more modern then I normally do to push my self :)

I think everyone's looks great so far!

Any ways here is my landscaping :)

qcpc1_1.jpg

qcpc2.jpg

qcpc3.3.jpg

So basically I'm the only one who starts with some basic landscaping?????

@lisa17ann Geez, why did I never get the idea to combine two fences *facepalms* I really like your wall deco and I might try it out in one of my builds. And I'm curious, which fireplace is that?
    ccBcpyk.jpg
    The landscaping of the build looks very nice! @lisa17ann :) The pathways look nice how the terrain paint has been used and nice layout of the pathways . The blue flowers and ground lights look pretty on the pathway edges. Very nice roof covered gate entrance to the build! The raised patio looks very nice! Sims will have fun playing chess on the patio. The curtains and the floral greenery arches look very nice there. The flowers look very nice along the back of the patio. Very nice firepit area. Sims will enjoy sitting resting on the armchairs there around the fire toasting food and keeping warm. The loungers look great! Sims will enjoy relaxing there in the sunshine under the shade of the umbrella . Very nice design of the outdoors dining and bar drinks area. Sims will enjoy cooking on the BBQ or having a drink from the bar whilst sitting on the stools. The seat bench nook looks very nice with the pretty green flowers and plants either sides of the seat. The light and perfect patio wall decor looks very nice there.
    The landscaping is very nice! :)
    Thanks so much @rosemow your always so sweet! :)

Thanks @crysk I'm sure other people do landscaping first (I don't really know lol) It's just for me if I do landscaping first and decided to change the shape of the house or what ever then I have to redo the landscaping. But, as I'm not changing the shape of this build it's not really a big deal lol

The fire pit is the roast em and toast em camp fire. I just added a enlarged floor light under it. It still functions as a fire pit so it's playable :)

Ahh thank you @lisa17ann thats a really intresting combination :smile:

About the landscaping, I make the edges first and leave a free spot where the house is going to be and then finish that part as soon as I have my house. In Sims3 all my Sims had massive gardens and tiny houses :sweat_smile:
    ccBcpyk.jpg
  • Artemis_DreamerArtemis_Dreamer Posts: 200 Member
    I took a shot at landscaping the shell provided for this practice challenge.

Landscaping has never been my strong point, but I kind of like the results:
    Practice%20Landscaping%202_zpsb42xjvaa.png
    Practice%20Landscaping%201_zps2yiakacv.png
    Practice%20Landscaping%203_zpsgrmgbvqv.png
    @Artemis_Dreamer looks nice so far, if you want some feedback and so tips, you could upload it to the gallery so we can take a closer look at it.

Looking at the pictures I would say Sims wont be able to use the mailbox.
    ccBcpyk.jpg
    The landscaping looks very nice! @Artemis_Dreamer :) The swimmable pond looks so very nice! The flowers, plants and rocks look very pretty on the edges of the water! It looks nice how the tree shadows over the pool. Very nice corner fenced gardening nook! It looks nice how the gardening boxes are placed there. Sims will enjoy growing and harvesting the plants. The flowers and rocks look very nice placed around the edges of the wishing well. The bunny looks cute in the build! The outdoors bb dining nook is very nice! Sims will enjoy cooking meals on the BBQ and eating the food in the sunshine at the picnic tables. The hanging plants decor items gives a very nice look to the area. The condiments and fruit bowl are nice touches on the tables.
    The landscaping work looks very great! :)
    @Artemis_Dreamer I love the little natural pool and cute garden, try fill up the sides of the house to even if you over decorate to practice, also try using a few more terrain paints, a tip with them is you can be messy with them around the garden beds and you can mix two on the paths putting one under the other to give a more natural blended look
    As @crysk said if you would like detailed feedback and tips you can upload and supply me with a link and I am happy to go through it from a judges point of view and discuss in a private message if you like
    I'm happy to give advice as well :)

In case anyone is intrested, my Sim more or less managed to renovate her Junk Home. And it only took 50 days......
    Pictures
    ccBcpyk.jpg
    @lisa17ann wow love it, the jagged pathing gives a great look and the two kinds of fencing looks amazing I dont use that trick as often as I should.
    I love the patio so creative and pretty lol did you forget the pool?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top