Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is there an idea of going back to lower career level?

Hi guys, my sim is working in Athlete career. Yesterday, he got promoted to level 5 and got the popup for choosing one of 2 branches, Super Athlete and Body Builder. I picked Super Athlete and switched the active household to another straightaway. I played the other household only for one night, then cam back to the active sim in the morning. Suddenly, his career level is set to Personal trainer in Bodybuilder field, not Minor Leaguer in Super Athlete and late at work in morning time! I don't want to go to body builder. Is there any good idea of going back to Miner Leaguer or even cheats please? I found only promotion and demote cheat for career. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• ChloeDeCookieChloeDeCookie Posts: 2,467 Member
    the demote cheat should work. go to level 4, promote to lvl 5 and pick the super athlete path
    To all you beautiful people out there, have a lovely day.
  • FloofjeFloofje Posts: 181 Member
    edited April 2016
    Yes, there's a cheat for that.
    First, make sure cheats are enabled and then you can type in:
    careers.demote [Name of career (Athletic career? I'm not sure)].
    And then careers.promote [Name of career]
    If I'm correct you should be able to pick one of the two branches again. :smile:
  • JeansooJeansoo Posts: 3,606 Member
    the demote cheat should work. go to level 4, promote to lvl 5 and pick the super athlete path
    I tried that and he got fired. :( Its shown as he lost job.

• jessathemessajessathemessa Posts: 2,342 Member
    Jeansoo wrote: »

Take the job again and try the promote cheat?
    Floofje wrote: »
    Yes, there's a cheat for that.
    First, make sure cheats are enabled and then you can type in:
    careers.demote [Name of career (Athletic career? I'm not sure)].
    And then careers.promote [Name of career]
    If I'm correct you should be able to pick one of the two branches again. :smile:

http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/cheats.php

careers.demote X also works, causing a Sim to go back a level. You cannot use this to go back to the branch choice for a career - if you're at the first level of a branch, you'll be fired using this.

My sim got fired. ;(
    edited April 2016

Yeah I tried that too and it says,'hiring personal trainer at body builder'. Is there a way of setting any career level manually like postbox cheating in the sims 3?

• jessathemessajessathemessa Posts: 2,342 Member
    edited April 2016

Yeah I tried that too and it says,'hiring personal trainer at body builder'.

Bummer :(

Any previous saves?

Or do you have a copy of the sim in your library? You'd have to rebuild (or cheat in) all the skills and relationships. Can't really think of anything else.
  • PolyrhythmPolyrhythm Posts: 2,789 Member
    For someone reason picking a branch is like getting a brand new career. Quitting and rejoining will only let you join back at that branch and that level, and using the demote cheat just fires you.

If you're not adverse to mods there's one that lets you call to switch your branch at any time, that's the only way I've been able to do it.
    :*:,:*:*:*::*:,:*:*:*::
    v5Yd2X5.png

Yeah I tried that too and it says,'hiring personal trainer at body builder'.

Bummer :(

Any previous saves?

Or do you have a copy of the sim in your library? You'd have to rebuild (or cheat in) all the skills and relationships. Can't really think of anything else.

Unfortunately, there's no way to go back, I've been making stories between 2 households. If I replace that sims from library, then all story will get broken I've made. It's ok. I can just let him go to body builder. Thank you very much for help. :) I don't want to use any custom mods for this.
    Polyrhythm wrote: »
    For someone reason picking a branch is like getting a brand new career. Quitting and rejoining will only let you join back at that branch and that level, and using the demote cheat just fires you.

If you're not adverse to mods there's one that lets you call to switch your branch at any time, that's the only way I've been able to do it.

I wish maybe EA can make the postbox career level cheat like Sims 3. Currently, I'm trying to manage my game without custom mods but thank you for suggestion. :)

• FeffdoodleFeffdoodle Posts: 3 New Member
    This might take time, but you could be horrible at your job to get yourself demoted to level 4, and then get promoted back to 5 again. That's the only other possible way you can change it. So much effort.
    Feffdoodle wrote: »
    This might take time, but you could be horrible at your job to get yourself demoted to level 4, and then get promoted back to 5 again. That's the only other possible way you can change it. So much effort.
    I found there's another way to get back to the other branch. Save your active family in the library and start a new game with that family, then you will be able to select the other branch.
  • Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,303 Member
    @Jeansoo
    Easiest way I can think of is quit the career. Start it again, and cheat promote as many times to what you want. In this case to where you want the different career paths. Then when you pick the one you want, you can keep promoting up to what it was originally, if you like.

From Carl's Sim 4 Guide:

How to: Athlete Career Cheats
    Press Control + Shift + C then type testingcheats on and press enter.
    You can now get promotions with careers.promote athletic

Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

Admiral8Q wrote: »
    @Jeansoo
    Easiest way I can think of is quit the career. Start it again, and cheat promote as many times to what you want. In this case to where you want the different career paths. Then when you pick the one you want, you can keep promoting up to what it was originally, if you like.

From Carl's Sim 4 Guide:

That's not possible unfortunately.. :( Because you will start from at least level 9 at the same branch if you quit that career after reaching to level 10. For examples, you reached up to level 10 at chef branch in culinary career, then you quit the career, then get the culinary career again, then you will start from the level 9 at chef branch. You are not allowed to go back to the mixology branch. If you low your career level down to level 4 which you can start from the both branch, then you will be fired. This is what I experienced many times.

• CaprianaBCaprianaB Posts: 511 Member
    This is disappointing. I was hoping to switch my eGamer to the other programming branch so his work hours are more in line with his wife's.
  • peragogoperagogo Posts: 223 Member
    Have you tried rolling back the save? It sounds like not much happened between household swaps.
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,410 Member
    The only in game method I know to switch career branches is send your sim to university and get the corresponding degree. After graduation you can select the branch directly when you select a new job.

If you don't mind mods you can use mccc. that mod has an option to reset the career branch, something which really should be added to the game.
    peragogo wrote: »
    Have you tried rolling back the save? It sounds like not much happened between household swaps.
    Sorry but I don't understand what you mean.

edited February 2020
    Atreya33 wrote: »
    The only in game method I know to switch career branches is send your sim to university and get the corresponding degree. After graduation you can select the branch directly when you select a new job.

If you don't mind mods you can use mccc. that mod has an option to reset the career branch, something which really should be added to the game.

Yes that's the perfect way to switch the branch with DU pack. :) Without the pack and mod, unfortunately, there are only 2 ways to switch the branch.

1. Select other career for a couple of months on sim days, then the level you can get lower down than it used to be. So you can start from 5 or 4 eventually.
    2. Just take the one branch of all jobs in the Sims 4, then save your sim into library, then open that sim in the new game. Then you can get the other branches all without any Eps and mods. My sims used to do that way and completed almost of all aspirations.

• Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,410 Member
    edited February 2020
    I had no idea that saving sims to the library and add them back to the game had that effect. Good to know there is possibility to switch without a specific expansion pack or a mod.
    edited February 2020
    @Jeansoo

From Carl's Sim 4 Guide:

That's not possible unfortunately.. :( Because you will start from at least level 9 at the same branch if you quit that career after reaching to level 10. For examples, you reached up to level 10 at chef branch in culinary career, then you quit the career, then get the culinary career again, then you will start from the level 9 at chef branch. You are not allowed to go back to the mixology branch. If you low your career level down to level 4 which you can start from the both branch, then you will be fired. This is what I experienced many times.

Ah. Ok. Good to know. Would have to be cheat removed somehow then.

On the bright side, if your sim quits then later goes back, at least they don't have to start from the beginning again.

Edit: It may actually be hard-coded into the Sim since they get all the rewards and stuff from what ever branch they chose.
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

@Jeansoo

From Carl's Sim 4 Guide:

On the bright side, if your sim quits then later goes back, at least they don't have to start from the beginning again.

Edit: It may actually be hard-coded into the Sim since they get all the rewards and stuff from what ever branch they chose.

So what I'm saying is just stay in other career for a couple of months in sim time, then the hidden work performance in chef branch is getting dropped, then the level will be lower down you can get when you go back to the culinary career later on. :) One of my sims completed both branch mixology and chef in this way without cheats 4 or 5 years ago. :)

@Jeansoo

From Carl's Sim 4 Guide:

So what I'm saying is just stay in other career for a couple of months in sim time, then the hidden work performance in chef branch is getting dropped, then the level will be lower down you can get when you go back to the culinary career later on. :) One of my sims completed both branch mixology and chef in this way without cheats 4 or 5 years ago. :)

It's that simple, leave it for 60 days or more in-game time?
    (Though without extending the lifetime per age, most sims would be dead in that time, lol!)
    Interesting, thanks. :)
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

@Jeansoo

From Carl's Sim 4 Guide:

It's that simple, leave it for 60 days or more in-game time?
    (Though without extending the lifetime per age, most sims would be dead in that time, lol!)
    Interesting, thanks. :)

Ahh..I forgot to mention that the age is disabled in my game. LOL.. Not sure how exactly long has to be away from that branch but..yes kind of. :D