Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

vanilla sim VS. CC skin sims (pictures)

s1mszzangs1mszzang Posts: 797 Member
I used to play sims with skins but lately I found no skin(ie. EA default skin) sims are good enough.
ex)

*vanilla sim
cas
lZVKgFa.png
in game
8E4RF8m.jpg
PtY8kee.jpg
*+CC skin
cas
zFUqnZc.jpg

What's your experience(thought)?

ps)If you want to check [guide for CAS] check this link
http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/881474/guide-for-beginners-of-sims-4-to-adjust-sims-on-cas-heavy-picture-warning#latest
Post edited by s1mszzang on

Comments

• Options
    GaiaPumaGaiaPuma Posts: 2,278 Member
    edited April 2016
    Many of the skins for me are too shiny or too feminine. I found a rugged skin for males that looks great. I use Kinjiko override on EA skins. It doesn't look super shiny but makes them look better more detailed. There is also a beautiful skin for females the S-Club WMLL ts4 BS3.0 FM skintones imo. Kijiko: Skin Tones Glow Edition are my fav I think.
  • Options
    GhouseGhouse Posts: 11 New Member
    Some skins are too shiny and unnatural.....
  • Options
    remi_narrowremi_narrow Posts: 478 Member
    @s1mszzang Check out these skins here-> s4models.com/skins/
    They make both male and female sims look realistic to some extent.
    I'm using Lbakeryx, Jenny, Precious, Yeying, Brilliant and Loyal Skin V2-Asian currently in my game.
  • Options
    Simfan923Simfan923 Posts: 5,551 Member
    I'm very picky with CC in general especially when it comes to skins. I've found one or two that work wonders and I've set one of them as a default for my sims so they look great.
    1FKDfKj.png
  • Options
    ChloeDeCookieChloeDeCookie Posts: 2,467 Member
    I love cc skins but it depends on what one u have..some are very nice but others can be too shiny or too much of an unnatural colour
    To all you beautiful people out there, have a lovely day.
  • Options
    PixelsimmerPixelsimmer Posts: 2,351 Member
    edited April 2016
    I used Cc skins in TS3 and TS2 all the time. In fact I couldn't live without them. Although it was hard to find one that looked natural and not like a shiny doll. I don't use CC skins in TS4 though. For once I really like the aesthetics of the sims in this game!
  • Options
    TheSimerTheSimer Posts: 1,007 Member
    My opinion is the same as with almost every other costum content. These cc skins are way to shiny and realistic for the game, the don't fit into the style. And they look ugly, he looks like a vampire in three of the four pics.
  • Options
    SiliCloneSiliClone Posts: 2,585 Member
    I think that most of the cc skins don't fit into the graphic style of the game.
  • Options
    PapayaPancakePapayaPancake Posts: 867 Member

There is a lot of cc out there that just doesn't fit the art style of the game. I do prefer skins that are more subtle and maxi match.

For example: vanilla skin
    4Bz7AtV.png

lumialover skin
    QCoNt2a.png
  • Options
    WyrrenWyrren Posts: 724 Member
    Sorry, but I don't like those cc skins at all. Prefer the maxis ones.
    Origin ID: Wyrren
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    Wow- there's only 4 CC skin options that look too shiny out there? That's terrible.

I've used CC skins in the Sims game since they could be made. The ones I found and used were always to MY taste and make the game more enjoyable for ME. Too bad all you found were 4. :(
  • Options
    AmiutzaAmiutza Posts: 1,796 Member
    Rflong7 wrote: »
    Wow- there's only 4 CC skin options that look too shiny out there? That's terrible.

I've used CC skins in the Sims game since they could be made. The ones I found and used were always to MY taste and make the game more enjoyable for ME. Too bad all you found were 4. :(
    There's actually a ton of skins released, from Maxis match to more realistic.
    hhHD2XB.png
    My tumblr - A world of clutter and color
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    Amiutza wrote: »
    Rflong7 wrote: »

There's actually a ton of skins released, from Maxis match to more realistic.

I'm know- it's why 4 doesn't represent the options and real talent of the whole CC community.
  • Options
    BilmonaghanBilmonaghan Posts: 1,552 Member
    edited April 2016
    The vanilla guy looks best to me. one of the CAS samples doesn't look much (EDIT: different from) it. The other three look waxy and sweaty and I imagine they look weird in game unless you made all objects sweaty and waxy.
    Le Dynastie d’Angers: 83 – WWAD?
    Annette Thayer butts heads with the late Eric Lewis on her first day as steward.
    ldd083banner.png
  • Options
    @Bilmonaghan the examples the op picked (in my opinion) arent the best, there are matt type skins that dont look waxy or sweaty, i love usin cc skins..s-club have nice skins
  • Options
    @Bilmonaghan the examples the op picked (in my opinion) arent the best, there are matt type skins that dont look waxy or sweaty, i love usin cc skins..s-club have nice skins

Thanks for those tips.
    Annette Thayer butts heads with the late Eric Lewis on her first day as steward.
    ldd083banner.png
  • Options
    @Bilmonaghan check out @PapayaPancake's comment, that shows a skin thats not very different from the maxis thats quite detailed but not waxy or anythin
  • Options
    Saga-MinxSaga-Minx Posts: 580 Member
    I love moonlight version 2 skin from madmono, its has the maxis look. But I haven't used it in a couple of months. I have been playing vanilla for the last couple of months.
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    The sims in this game rather look like dolls to me than humans and CC doesn't change that. Realistic skins just don't suit them. So I prefer them vanilla.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    I hate cc skin, and certain sims 3 cc looking hair, it just doesn't look right. it really has to fit the game Like Lumialover's cc skin, fits.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    Mizz_Creative48Mizz_Creative48 Posts: 1,044 Member
    It depends on what cc skin you get because many of the sims 4 ones don't look good to me. I prefer sims with cc though instead of the default sims look. Here are some of my sims with cc skins:

[img][/img]PSX_20151221_220022.jpg

[img][/img]PSX_20151221_215810.jpg

[img][/img]PSX_20151226_152433.jpg

• Options
    @Mizz_Creative48 what skins are those? i love them
  • Options
    @Bilmonaghan check out @PapayaPancake's comment, that shows a skin thats not very different from the maxis thats quite detailed but not waxy or anythin
    I use one of lumialover's mods. has never needed updated. good work.

ldd083banner.png
  • Options
    Mizz_Creative48Mizz_Creative48 Posts: 1,044 Member
    @ChloeDeCookie:
    Girl with braids: Poppy skin
    Guy: ESkin V0 by Ephemera
    Girl with freckles: I'm not sure where that one is but I'll keep looking
  • Options
    @Mizz_Creative48 it wouldnt let me download the ESkin VO. my eyes r too bad to make out the letters for the verification