Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

It's the Little Things [TS4 Requests]

Hi. I thought I might make a thread focusing on little things / changes which could be added into the games that would make the game feel more lively and better for me (or others).

1. Random button for traits + aspiration in CAS and Age Up.
2. The floaty sim head that used to look at options. (opinion, i know some people wont like)
3. Sleep variations from emotion instead of just "asleep." Angry sleep, sad sleep, etc.
4. More normal, nice makeups.
5. More drastic / lasting reactions from death, divorce, and cheating. It seems like it hardly matters to sims sometimes.
6. Keeping functional copies of your creative works. (Books, Songs,DJ mixes?) Not sure on DJ mixes. Haven't had one yet.
7. Better little dialogue boxes/texts with sim reactions. Ex. "You weren't at school today, something wrong?" / etc instead of the distant, weird psychic impersonal "I heard you're friends with xxx! He's cool!"
8. More little messages for everything, really. Even just writing books or comments from spouse during marriage / publishers / service sims / kids / sims being interrogated / etc. This could also help as gameplay hints.
9. Flower vases. (Is there a way to put these single flowers into a bouquet that i'm missing?)
10. More specific / Better whims. (Instead of 'Ask somebody to Go Steady', maybe a character with high romance? And maybe not have Propose and Get Married appear AFTER the sims are already married to that character.)

What do you think? Anything that would help liven up Sims 4?

That's all I have for right this second. Need to head off! Will probably come back and edit!

Comments

• AvaTheSimmer123AvaTheSimmer123 Posts: 52 Member
    Nice ideas! <3
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    Some more ideas in this thread
  • axel1015axel1015 Posts: 952 Member
    Really love this. I would especially love to see the return of the floaty little head when you click. I MISS that!
    FreshLion55 on the Gallery! Happy simming! >:)
  • naomehnaomeh Posts: 367 Member
    @AvaTheSimmer123 Thank you! Do you have any?
    @elanorbreton annnd... there's already a thread. well that was a bit of a waste, huh? aww. :D
    I can't delete this. I'm not sure what to do now, haha.
    @axel1015 Definitely! That head was adorable.
  • FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    edited April 2016
    When your Sim is sick, be able to click on them to "Go to Hospital", should not just be for the ones in Labor!

I would like to go in a club and see the ones that are in a club...actually all dancing together (where they perform together). Seems like that only works if I join a club. Bring back the slow dancing also!

When you get a foot or hand massage, at least let the ladies have pretty nails and toes all polished up when done!

As far as the mailbox goes, instead of just bills, let us have love letters, reports cards for the kids, a gift sent from a distant relative on someone's birthday ( NO IF). Receive a letter from a "secret admirer" and let me go on a wild goose chase trying to figure out who it is!

Deliver groceries to the house if we can't have a grocery store, have flowers delivered to the door from someone you went on a date with the night before, where are the Salesman that knock on the door trying to sell you a vacuum cleaner (I need this in game) Just wouldn't want things to go overboard and have someone knocking constantly!

#7, I agree, it would be nice to receive text messages like "I heard you were sick today?, I heard Rocco has a crush on you?, I heard you were having marital problems? (Just not overboard where you are texted constantly)

Maybe an option for a "One Night Stand" when going to a "Singles Night Out" bar , sometimes my Sim wants some "strange" without attachments! >:) Maybe you are rejected, maybe not! Make them SINGLE though!

Edit: had to clarify about Singles, LOL

• MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    edited April 2016
    yeah I didn't like the floating sim head when choosing an interaction, it was creepy.
    I would like to change the way cooking works.

I really want grocery shopping.
    to buy all those other ingredients too
    milk, flour, eggs, sugar etc. and have them be an item in my fridge.

I don't like how things automatically spawn in the fridge when I want to make them.
    I like a challenge and going out to get what I need.
    Baking already does this you can't make something without a ingredient, where cooking you can make an Apple Pie without the Apple.

even Gardening I like having flowers and roses, and my own apple tree and grape vine, but I rather buy bananas and strawberries and such at the store, rather than having a full on farm in my back yard.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • KatrinkuKatrinku Posts: 224 Member
    Cool ideas! I just like them, really!
  • ChloeDeCookieChloeDeCookie Posts: 2,467 Member
    actual shops like ts3 where u can buy groceries, i know theres a mod but i prefer just to wait for the feature if it ever comes. Relaxing and cuddling on the bed. less affected by surroundings. able to do more things with the voodoo doll. attraction system (even tho it aint that little but still thought i would mention it), rain and bein able to have injuries such as broken legs or somethin like that. Also, forgot to add a call out doctor that u can call to come to ur house if ur ill and doctors notes that u have to bring into school or work the next day, prescriptions too
    To all you beautiful people out there, have a lovely day.
  • bythedreadwolfbythedreadwolf Posts: 832 Member
    Functional fruit bowls where you can store fruit and your sims can grab one to eat when they want a quick snack. Also functional alarm clocks. I hate that a lot of things in this game is just for decoration purposes.
  • aaronjc123aaronjc123 Posts: 1,117 Member
    It's the small things that were removed, for no apparent reason, that confuse me the most. I realise certain large aspects were removed to make the game run smoother on lower spec computers, but cuddling on the bed? Did that really impact on game performance?
  • MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member
    On #3, I don't know about angry sleep, but sims sometimes cry in their sleep.

I definitely agree about vases that your sim could put picked flowers into.

I'd like them to bring back clocks that show sim time.

Also, since they take off their shoes for yoga, I'd love to see them take off their slippers to go to bed and get rid of their flip-flops when they swim.

If "sleeping" isn't part of "taking care of needs" when one sim is away from the house, I'd like to see them add that to options for sims at home. I'd also like to see "do homework" added.

Would like to see something that keeps track of how many weeks you've played a sims family.
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    If you want random traits maybe you could randomize a sim and keep their traits but change their appearance to your liking.
  • RamblineRoseRamblineRose Posts: 814 Member
    I miss the newspaper
  • JuanaJuana Posts: 840 Member
    (some of these are less 'little' than others)-

- more/easier ways to die. Not in a gruesome way. But like, when the Reaper comes to my game for any other reason than old age...I don't even plead. Because it's so rare to get a death. I just say "that's life, so sad my Simmy died young...." and move on, just to add some flavor to the game.
    - on that note, I wish there was more depth to illnesses. Like different illnesses have different severities, possible deaths...or maybe you need your arm amputated if you don't take care of that rash. Nothing kids can't see on cable television.
    - Sims' decisions and events had more impact on their lives. Eg: choosing to breastfeed or bottlefeed has a different outcome, traumatic events leaving lifelong traits on Sims, (like...a Sim witnessing a family member's death may cause them to develop a Loner trait or a Good trait (different Sims react differenly....Sims've been cheated on by a spouse develop the non-commital trait. Of course add some positive impacts too, I'm just better at thinking of the worst-case-scenario, lol)
    - the little things, like you said. I miss having some Sims who would always make the bed and other Sims who would never make the bed or wash their hands.
    - Expand on personalities. I'm honestly someone who likes the new personalities in the game...but I think it'd be easier to expand on that. Like with the zodiac signs, favorite color, favorite food. Something that might give that initial relationship boost. I think I've read that you can choose your favorite movie with the movie stuff pack (alas I've yet to discover that in my game)....that's the type of thing I'm talking about.
    - An interaction like "Set me up on a blind date..." where your Sim starts a date with one of the other Sim's friends at random.
    - A way to meet Sims on the computer or anything other than walking up to someone and introducing yourself to them. It's 2016. No one does that anymore. lol. Sometimes I find my Sim has NO friends, and I try to limit my "introductions" to strangers on the street.
  • GaiaPumaGaiaPuma Posts: 2,278 Member
    Agree with everything OP the small things are so important. Shows they put care into the game. Spa day has this type of thing imo. The flower on vase. There are two mods from plastic box at Mod the sims. You can put up to 2 or 3 flowers in them.
  • katniss9katniss9 Posts: 106 Member
    Love these ideas, especially #1.
    KSMMNm59.jpg
  • JaaixJaaix Posts: 27 New Member
    > @Juana said:
    > - A way to meet Sims on the computer or anything other than walking up to someone and introducing yourself to them. It's 2016. No one does that anymore. lol. Sometimes I find my Sim has NO friends, and I try to limit my "introductions" to strangers on the street.

You CAN meet sims on the computer. You just click 'chat' on the computer and you will chat with a random sim
  • feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
    edited April 2016
    I would like to see the slider come back, so we can decide how much impact emotions have on our sims. we can decide how easy it is to die of electrocution, or the freeze gun, or even abductions, they could die of freight. I miss the slide rules.
    I agree with all that's been mentioned. Brilliant ideas.

I like the hospital idea, and just to add, if you get a lousy Dr, you either die or sick for longer. and a good Dr he cures you.
  • RARAWRARAW Posts: 863 Member
    I would like them to finally introduce the option of choosing the sexual orientation of a sim and making that sim strictly that. Like gay, lesbian, bi, straight. Would make stories and sims more complex and realistic.
    tumblr_n5dt2fzXjY1s7xoeto1_500.gif
  • feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
    I just remembered, It would be great to be able to order pizza, Indian of Chinese food.
  • NetteNette Posts: 205 Member
    I want my sims to spoon when they sleep together in bed.
  • JenpantsJenpants Posts: 58 Member
    I'd like to see opps & parties return. I know you can have a "party" at a rave site or at your house but i mean, getting invited to someone else's get together or birthday, etc. You know what I mean. It's a fun thing to do in 3, so why not bring it back xD
    @Jenpants My Sim gets invited to a Birthday Party. I remember it was time for Bella to age up and my Sim was invited. I went to the party and the poor caterer kept trying to bake a cake, guess he forgot to put it in the oven so there were multiple not-finished cakes, LOL. My Sim just stuck it in the oven and called everyone to celebrate Bella's Birthday.
  • JenpantsJenpants Posts: 58 Member
    > @charlotteprice said:
    > @Jenpants My Sim gets invited to a Birthday Party. I remember it was time for Bella to age up and my Sim was invited. I went to the party and the poor caterer kept trying to bake a cake, guess he forgot to put it in the oven so there were multiple not-finished cakes, LOL. My Sim just stuck it in the oven and called everyone to celebrate Bella's Birthday.

Yea but I mean parties other than birthdays. Like get a phone call from the Pancake chick and get invited to a ladies night out or "Come on over, we're just sitting around getting juiced!" xD Ya know!
    @Jenpants oh, well there is ladies night out at the bar (Ghost night, Singles night) not sure if there is more.

But if you have GT you could create a Club and they can hang out at your house.