Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How many sims have you accidentally killed?

Comments

• feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
    edited April 2016
    I lost a few in the first week of sims 1 2 3 , all pregnant. I learnt to keep them near a fridge as their hunger would plummet too quickly. In sims 4 only one and I wasn't playing him at the time, he was a visitor to my sims house, my sim told him a joke and he went outside and died, I remember hearing they can die of laughter, so I checked the telly, they had been watching the comedy channel. I hardly have that station on now.
    I didn't even know that there was sim social services, does this work if they miss to much school??

This thread had me laughing. thanks so much. <3
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,518 Member
    Lol, some funny incidents in this thread.

I remember a little fire in TS2 at uni (a tree struck by lightening), I took no notice of it because I thought it would naturally die down as there was nothing else near the tree, but the next time I peeked outside there were several uni sims burning and they all died... it was their own fault though. I mean, who runs to a burning tree and stands close enough to catch fire?

Grimmy had about 5 souls to collect that day B)
  • MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member
    In Sims 1, I killed a sim before I learned that they have to learn cooking. And I killed a cat before I found out how to get cat food, but her owner pleaded to Grim and brought the kitty back.

In Sims 2, one of my alien sims was struck by lightning after graduating from college, and she was the only one in the household so no one could plead for her. And I lost a child to fire -- there were several children and they all kept running to see the tree that had been struck by lightning. It was very traumatic.

I don't remember losing anyone in Sims 3.

In Sims 4, I lost one who died of embarrassment. First he was turned down for a proposal, and then in the park he was identified as an alien. His girlfriend did plead to Grim for him, but that didn't work.
  • Glimmer50Glimmer50 Posts: 2,365 Member
    In Sims 4, I have had death by fire which was accidental. Burned the house almost completely. I was playing a challenge where I couldn't control any of the Sims so they didn't put out the fire by themselves and a couple of them died.

In Sims 4 while playing my first family one of my Sims died of embarrassment. I have never had that happen since. He had other needs that were low so maybe that contributed to it.

In Sims 3, I had one guy who got hit by a meteor twice. I reloaded the game because I didn't want him to die and then he got hit again the next day. I still have a picture of him. He did some funny stuff in my game. I am not sure why but he was just different. He would stop by garbage cans and scrounge for stuff even though he had no trait that would cause it.
  • SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    Only one. By embarrassment when he was turned down when he proposed.
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • Gabe_ozGabe_oz Posts: 1,880 Member
    edited April 2016
    Iv'e never had an accidental death except from flies and drowning in 2. I have a lot of dead sims, but they either died by old age or I purposely set the kitchen on fire when they were cooking or building a wall around the pool when they were in it.
  • Omri147Omri147 Posts: 11,162 Member
    edited April 2016
    In The Sims 1 & 2 I accidentally killed sims plenty of times! More than I can count really... :p

In The Sims 3 I did accidentally killed some sims (some instances include getting burned while inventing, and once my horse-riding sim got burned by using the fire-hoop) but not as near as in Sims 1 and 2...

In The Sims 4 I only accidentally killed one sim, since it's really hard to do so this time around... J Huntington III died of embarrassment after my sim rejected his engagement proposal. Poor guy... :|
  • LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    Lex2221 wrote: »
    @LaBlue0314 how'd he die twice? Did you resurrect him and then afterwards he went back for seconds lol

Yes his girlfriend pleaded with the Grim Reaper, and he was in a good mood that day, so he brought him back. But he right away died again from embarrassment, again. So she pleaded with him a second time, and this time I was able to keep him from dying a third time. It was tricky, but managed. This time around I had her do the asking for his hand in marriage, and he accepted.
  • Gabe_ozGabe_oz Posts: 1,880 Member
    LaBlue0314 wrote: »
    @LaBlue0314 how'd he die twice? Did you resurrect him and then afterwards he went back for seconds lol

Yes his girlfriend pleaded with the Grim Reaper, and he was in a good mood that day, so he brought him back. But he right away died again from embarrassment, again. So she pleaded with him a second time, and this time I was able to keep him from dying a third time. It was tricky, but managed. This time around I had her do the asking for his hand in marriage, and he accepted.

I don't think he should have children. They might be prone to dying too.
  • LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member

I found the picture of him being brought back that second time. I love that look on his face.
    10960456_423765377773763_3218207805075190953_o.jpg
  • Simslover163Simslover163 Posts: 2,833 Member
    Only one, which was death by electrocution.
    sEgXZ52.jpg
    Sims 3 Blog | Tales from Veronica L. Hopkins High | Camellia Treasures (Coming Soon)
  • shellbemeshellbeme Posts: 2,086 Member
    Don Lothario in one of my saves :( he died of embarrassment after his girlfriend rejected his proposal.
  • Emmy_SimsEmmy_Sims Posts: 324 Member
    I only accidentally killed sims while playing TS2 in 2009. The first one was so traumatic to me I stopped playing with that family
    Jar Jar Binks is a Sith Lord
  • FloofjeFloofje Posts: 181 Member
    edited April 2016
    Once. I didn't know that elders could die from too much woohoo :joy:

hGYZkd7.png
  • Lex2221Lex2221 Posts: 972 Member
    Emmy_Sims wrote: »
    I only accidentally killed sims while playing TS2 in 2009. The first one was so traumatic to me I stopped playing with that family

Lol you sound like my cousin, I introduced him to the sims 2 and let him borrow my game because we lived right down the street from each other. The next day I was like so did you like it? And he said he died, I didn't know they died and he handed me the game back and said he was never playing again. Lol he's still mad until this day and we're grown now. A couple of months ago we talked and I was playing the sims and he was like you still play that game??? I said yep, then he said I remember my sim died all dramatic like lol
    2ahzmo1.gif
    @Floofje she could've at least pretended to care lol she went to sleep all happy while he's dead on the floor :/ poor kids

2ahzmo1.gif
    @Glimmer50 lol the universe was out to get him.
    2ahzmo1.gif
  • FloofjeFloofje Posts: 181 Member
    @Floofje she could've at least pretended to care lol she went to sleep all happy while he's dead on the floor :/ poor kids

Yeah even Death couldn't wake her up lol.
    But I was so sad my sim's kid and the Goth's kid were there to see it :cry: That wasn't my intention.
  • MocaJavaMocaJava Posts: 1,392 Member
    My very first time playing TS4 (first time playing a Sims game at all), the Sim i was playing tried to cook something and caught fire. I had no idea how to put the fire out so I watched helplessly as he burned to death. He lived a grand total of 10 minutes :D
  • MocaJavaMocaJava Posts: 1,392 Member
    Floofje wrote: »
    Once. I didn't know that elders could die from too much woohoo :joy:

hGYZkd7.png

Was that the 100 baby challenge? I killed several elders that way. Hey I named the kids after them :D
  • katrinakrakishkatrinakrakish Posts: 355 Member
    The funnies accidental death I can think of is a meteor death in ts3. This was also my first meteor experience. So I was playing one of my favorite families from the ts3 and he was a 5 star celeb. Anyway, he was playing piano in the park and someone ran up for an autograph. during this I got the message that it suddenly got dark and this being my first meteor death I was like. "No plum, It's evening." which made me giggle afterward a little. xP

Anyway, after the warning I saw a family friend have a picnic and since my sims was hungry I decided to have him go over to the picnic. About 3 seconds later my game blows up and there is a crater right by the picnic blanket. I laughed so hard and told my sister (Who was watching me) That was close or something like that. I thought everyone made it out okay but once the smoke cleared there was a single grave, the fan who wanted the autograph. I never laughed so hard in this game.
    Origin account: Vegeta_tales
  • Omri147Omri147 Posts: 11,162 Member
    The funnies accidental death I can think of is a meteor death in ts3. This was also my first meteor experience. So I was playing one of my favorite families from the ts3 and he was a 5 star celeb. Anyway, he was playing piano in the park and someone ran up for an autograph. during this I got the message that it suddenly got dark and this being my first meteor death I was like. "No plum, It's evening." which made me giggle afterward a little. xP

Anyway, after the warning I saw a family friend have a picnic and since my sims was hungry I decided to have him go over to the picnic. About 3 seconds later my game blows up and there is a crater right by the picnic blanket. I laughed so hard and told my sister (Who was watching me) That was close or something like that. I thought everyone made it out okay but once the smoke cleared there was a single grave, the fan who wanted the autograph. I never laughed so hard in this game.
    Wow, that poor fan... But it makes for a very climactic and dramatic ending for this event. :o

Meteor attacks in TS3 were really scary and left so much death and destruction... Though at the same it was really exciting... :p
  • katniss9katniss9 Posts: 106 Member
    I've had one accidental death. My sims hunger was super low and I didn't notice until I just so happened to click on her. I had her make cereal,(because its a quick meal) and she sat on the table, then died.
    KSMMNm59.jpg
    katniss9 wrote: »
    I've had one accidental death. My sims hunger was super low and I didn't notice until I just so happened to click on her. I had her make cereal,(because its a quick meal) and she sat on the table, then died.

LOL!!
    2ahzmo1.gif
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Accidentally?.....I think this thread isn't for me... :p
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1