Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A way to have restaurants in current game

I am really missing restaurants in this game. My sims ALWAYS used to take their dates to a restaurant in TS2, and I'm kind of bored of the same old park / bar date. As such, I decided to come up with a way to have working restaurants in the game. Of course, you don't get waiters or a host, but I believe it's a nice workaround. I decided to share with you in case someone else wants to add this to their game!

You need to build a bar with tables. As you know, there are some foods you can order at the bar (if you have Get Together). If you remove the bar stools and only have tables, your sims will be forced to sit at the table to eat them (otherwise they will sit on the stools by default). Also, since the food you can order at the bar is rather limited, I decided to put a buffet table too. When your sims get there they can "serve all" and it costs $250 (that's the bill! restaurants in SimCity are rather expensive). Afterwards just have your sims sit at the table and drag the serving platter to their table (I know, I wish a waiter did this...). Voila! Your sims are dining out. Other sims will be around too (most of them having drinks, but others will take food from the buffet table).

Using this method, I created a restaurant with two parts, a more "informal" dining room and a more formal/romantic room for dates :) Hope you like this idea, I know I must not be the first one to have this idea but it may help others looking for a workaround!

04_10_16_12_08_30_PM.png

04_10_16_12_14_05_PM.png

04_10_16_12_09_17_PM.png

04_10_16_12_08_46_PM.png

Comments

• BeaEllaBeaElla Posts: 366 Member
    This is a very cool idea! Your restaurant looks so cozy! :D
    My chaotic simblr
  • jeepjeepcatjeepjeepcat Posts: 2,302 Member
    Is your restaurant on the gallery (great idea btw)?
  • FloofjeFloofje Posts: 181 Member
    It looks lovely! Good job :blush:
  • PixelsimmerPixelsimmer Posts: 2,351 Member

It isn't yet! I used CC (can't live without it :p) and the gallery is not very Cc-friendly lol but I'll upload a CC-free version later today and let you know :)
  • GaiaPumaGaiaPuma Posts: 2,278 Member
    edited April 2016
    Cool idea! You know what I did too? I created 2 clubs, one is the sims gourmets, they go "dine" and eat the retail bakery or restaurant or at a bar. They meet there and their activities are eating, drinking and drinking coffee and socials.

The other one can be chefs. Pick sims with only gourmet skills and good traits and create a club of cooking masters and put as activity to cook at that venue. :) In no time you will get them showing up and will feel like a restaurant!
  • PixelsimmerPixelsimmer Posts: 2,351 Member
    GaiaPuma wrote: »
    Cool idea! You know what I did too? I created 2 clubs, one is the sims gourmets, they go "dine" and eat the retail bakery or restaurant or at a bar. They meet there and their activities are eating, drinking and drinking coffee and socials.

The other one can be chefs. Pick sims with only gourmet skills and good traits and create a club of cooking masters and put as activity to cook at that venue. :) In no time you will get them showing up and will feel like a restaurant!

That's an awesome idea!! I am going to try this on my game. The Lit Tree (that's the name of the restaurant by the way) will feel like a real restaurant in no time! If only we had a club activity to serve up other sims we would have a proper restaurant lol
  • CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    It's a good idea! I like how inventive you've been in creating the work-around and your restaurant looks fantastic! I still hope for restaurants though, I'd love to be able to run one again like in TS2 or be able to set the menus.
  • NiniNini Posts: 309 Member
    Beautiful. Please do share it in the gallery :)
  • FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    I absolutely love the pics! Great job you did!

I don't want to run a restaurant, but I want it available in the game (option to run your own business, or place it in the world ready to go). I loved the way it was in Sims2, go to the bowling alley and be seated and served a meal <3
  • jeepjeepcatjeepjeepcat Posts: 2,302 Member
    QDog wrote: »

It isn't yet! I used CC (can't live without it :p) and the gallery is not very Cc-friendly lol but I'll upload a CC-free version later today and let you know :)
    thank you. It looks lovely :smile:

• NoWayJose527NoWayJose527 Posts: 1,456 Member
    I am really missing restaurants in this game. My sims ALWAYS used to take their dates to a restaurant in TS2, and I'm kind of bored of the same old park / bar date. As such, I decided to come up with a way to have working restaurants in the game. Of course, you don't get waiters or a host, but I believe it's a nice workaround. I decided to share with you in case someone else wants to add this to their game!

You need to build a bar with tables. As you know, there are some foods you can order at the bar (if you have Get Together). If you remove the bar stools and only have tables, your sims will be forced to sit at the table to eat them (otherwise they will sit on the stools by default). Also, since the food you can order at the bar is rather limited, I decided to put a buffet table too. When your sims get there they can "serve all" and it costs $250 (that's the bill! restaurants in SimCity are rather expensive). Afterwards just have your sims sit at the table and drag the serving platter to their table (I know, I wish a waiter did this...). Voila! Your sims are dining out. Other sims will be around too (most of them having drinks, but others will take food from the buffet table).

Using this method, I created a restaurant with two parts, a more "informal" dining room and a more formal/romantic room for dates :) Hope you like this idea, I know I must not be the first one to have this idea but it may help others looking for a workaround!

04_10_16_12_08_30_PM.png

04_10_16_12_14_05_PM.png

04_10_16_12_09_17_PM.png

04_10_16_12_08_46_PM.png

Beautiful job! I miss "real" restaurants, too. Your solution really looks good.
  • Glimmer50Glimmer50 Posts: 2,365 Member
    I love the restaurant you made. <3 It looks really nice. I love how you used the trees everywhere. So pretty and what a great idea for lighting. This whole thing is a great idea and one I never considered as I hate making venues. When you get it up for download I would love to have it in my game. :) I wish we had a bowling alley restaurant. I went there in Sims 2 for the short time I was able to play that game and it was fun. A couple of people got into a fight over something during my date LOL. You just never knew what might happened during an evening out.
  • okesterokester Posts: 4,136 Member
    I only have the base game, so no buffets for me. I was just going to add kitchen stuff to a community lot and have the Sims serve themselves lol
    Origin ID: Okest3r_13 Check out my Sims 4 creations!
  • Emmely_BettineEmmely_Bettine Posts: 102 Member
    Really inspiring. Great idea!
    "Don't make people into heroes, John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them." - Sherlock
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    it's a good idea OP but for me i'm tired of pretending to do thing's in the sims 4 :(

I want,

Host

Waiter

Chef

In mine
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    edited April 2016
    Very clever ideas in here. I miss the restaurants from Sims2 and the romantic interactions they had during their dining experience. I did not attempt to create restaurants in Sims3. Now I am wondering why. LOL Dining out with your newest love has always been one of the most important times spent together while Sims get to know each other. Thank you for creating and sharing your ideas. <3 I hope you upload your restaurant/nightclub. I will watch for it.
  • Sasquatch7Sasquatch7 Posts: 240 Member
    That restaurant you built is so beautiful! I always aimed for something like that when I built restaurants in Sims 2, but I never quite managed to get there :D I really hope that we'll get proper restaurants for Sims 4.
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,579 Member
    edited April 2016
    That is an amazing build! I love that tree you put in there. :) And it's a great idea. I like how we can order some nice foods via the bar now. :smiley:
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    It could be doable as a self-service restaurant.
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,837 Member
    edited April 2016

@QDog, Love your restaurant. :) Been searching for it on the gallery but no luck. Is it uploaded yet?
    Post edited by simgirl1010 on
  • snurflessnurfles Posts: 3,640 Member
    What an awesome idea!