Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Combining traits and personality points

I was thinking about not having enough trait slots in the game, and it occurred to me that there's a way to combine points and traits.

If every sim had say 15 personality points to use on traits, and you could use max 5 points on one single traits, but you could use as little as 1 point on a single trait aswell, for as many traits as one would want - or maybe a maximum of traits that the player could set themselves. It could be maximum 15 traits, or 10 or 5.

What do you think about this idea and would you want to have a set maximum of traits or decide for yourself? I think probably 5-7 traits maximum would be good for 15 points.

Points would lets us create more complex sims that has a dab of some personality - or sims that are just extreme in some areas.

One could have a rule that you have to choose a trait with 5 points, one with 3 points and so on to make sure the sims trait 'works' best in the game.

What do you guys think?

@SimGuruDrake I'd like to discuss this a bit in general please, before it's added to ideas section or whatever, it's not a complete idea yet. Thanks. :)
Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---

Comments

• Options
    allieb312allieb312 Posts: 305 Member
    I feel like it would be okay if we did like pick a trait then have a scale between 1 and 10 points then 1 is (say your a goofball) your a goofball at times and 10 is your always and forever a goofball.
  • Options
    ChloeDeCookieChloeDeCookie Posts: 2,467 Member
    u can get up to 100 cas trait slots usin a mod
    To all you beautiful people out there, have a lovely day.
  • Options
    AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    allieb312 wrote: »
    I feel like it would be okay if we did like pick a trait then have a scale between 1 and 10 points then 1 is (say your a goofball) your a goofball at times and 10 is your always and forever a goofball.
    Yes, I was thinking something like that aswell.

Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • Options
    hannaaj22hannaaj22 Posts: 685 Member
    Hello. This seems like a really good idea :smile: I think it would be fun to create sims with extreme personality traits and others who are less extreme. A sim could be an extreme kleptomaniac or just a little kleptomaniac every now and then lol.
    Leon Family Tree
    Origin ID: hannaaj22
  • Options
    hannaaj22 wrote: »
    Hello. This seems like a really good idea :smile: I think it would be fun to create sims with extreme personality traits and others who are less extreme. A sim could be an extreme kleptomaniac or just a little kleptomaniac every now and then lol.
    Yes, exactly! And you could create sims that are more complex and with more traits.
    Allons-y!

• Options
    GaiaPumaGaiaPuma Posts: 2,278 Member
    I agree, sounds like a great mechanics! Mix of sims 2 and sims 4!
  • Options
    GaiaPuma wrote: »
    I agree, sounds like a great mechanics! Mix of sims 2 and sims 4!
    Thanks, if they can't add it for Sims 4, maybe they can do it for Sims 5.
    Allons-y!