Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What To Do When Bored In The Sims 4?

Comments

• AndygalAndygal Posts: 1,280 Member
    Frankly if you are having to force yourself to play it's probably a sign that it's time to go do something else until you feel like playing again.
  • MiwashyMiwashy Posts: 1 New Member
    Does anyone know why my sims 3 is lagging SO SO bad? It's driving me crazy cause that's my favourite sims game. And I have 5 expansion packs and 1 stuff pack. PLEASE, PLEASE HELP ME! :neutral: I miss playing it SOO much! :(
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Play something else.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • BilmonaghanBilmonaghan Posts: 1,552 Member
    I am getting a bit bored with the game so it would be great to have some suggestions on what other things I can do in the game to make it entertaining. Challenges aren't really working and making awesome families isn't either. Not hating on the game, I sometimes just don't know what to do

I haven't gotten bored yet. Maybe instead of making an awesome family, make a totally dysfunctional one and see if you can help them hold things together or, failing that, play through their downfall.
    Le Dynastie d’Angers: 83 – WWAD?
    Annette Thayer butts heads with the late Eric Lewis on her first day as steward.
    ldd083banner.png
  • nanashi-simsnanashi-sims Posts: 4,140 Member
    edited April 2016
    I am getting a bit bored with the game so it would be great to have some suggestions on what other things I can do in the game to make it entertaining. Challenges aren't really working and making awesome families isn't either. Not hating on the game, I sometimes just don't know what to do

Turn the game off and go outside... or continue stay in and start up TS2 or TS3 :unamused:

TS4 (with GTW) has a lot to do in the game, but I get bored because I'm not interested in my sims personalities; so I just don't pay attention to my sim and focus on collecting stuff and exploring my game features (my sim's just a means to get that done). Hopefully family play will be improved in 2016 and the emotion system will continue to be tweaked. I just hope Sims will be more unique.

Truth be told, I'm having fun with the game right now (I've just been in your position before with this game). Did you do the Easter challenge?
  • kinot9229kinot9229 Posts: 528 Member
    edited April 2016
    When my sim can't get that pink rare egg in the Game.
    It has been two days! IMy sim has got two blue rare eggs but never saw a pink one.
    It makes me crazy. :s
  • Frn0731Frn0731 Posts: 7,180 Member
    I suggest make a single sim and put him or her on the property in the forested area of Windenburg. Do not get a job just harvest the lemon and cherry trees on the back of the property and plant them on one side of you land. Plant enough trees to fill up a large potion of the land and build a house on the other side. Once you need help managing the trees make a club that does nothing but garden, these are your farm hands. I would also suggest you build a small outhouse with a sink on the outside. Always harvest all the fruit before you call in the farm hands.
    Laugh out loud. Often
  • Mizz_Creative48Mizz_Creative48 Posts: 1,044 Member
    I don't know what to tell you since I'm bored too. I've added mods to try to make it better but it's still not enough. I mainly play sims 3 instead
  • peterskywalkerpeterskywalker Posts: 553 Member
    If I got bored of the sims 4, I would go play the sims 2 :) It is still sims and it gives me a break so I enjoy the sims 4 again.

In game, however, if you get bored, I would try to create stories for your sims, or start to enhance your town to make it feel more alive. (I added several clubs, and used the club feature to make bands that visit certain lots, police and criminals, etc.)
    True Love
    Terrific Family Play
    Too fun
    The sims 2 forever
  • BeaEllaBeaElla Posts: 366 Member
    When I get bored (which also happened with Sims 1, 2 and 3) I usually take a break from it all. Then something random will get me hooked again in a couple of months or so.

I know you said challenges weren't doing it for you, but maybe like an extreme challenge? Like the prison one etc.
    I have thought of building a 'boarding school' of sorts, and kidnapping the neighborhood teens and make them attend it :)

I'm doing the Decades challenge right now and considering the fact that I've never completed a legacy, I'm impressed at how far I've come.
    My chaotic simblr
  • duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    When I don't know what to do or just plain bored with The Sims 4, I usually go on to play another game. :#

This. I don't feel like it means I dislike the game or anything, but time away from it playing other things helps me get out of my Sims funk and enjoy it again the next time I play.
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited April 2016
    I go play my Sims 3 with Supernaturals and make plans to "hopefully, (lol - always hopeful)" travel to this - this year - (it's been over 5 years I was totally housebound, and now I am not as severely limited - Lol so I have my eye on this - as I do every year), but it's the NY Faerie Festivale. I love things like this in real life and can indulge my fantasy in Sims 3 Supernatural fairies.

http://www.nyfaeriefest.com/index.php?main_page=page&id=2

It is located in the beautiful Catskills of New York in June. Wishful thinking about it anyway.
    Post edited by Writin_Reg on

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• ChloeDeCookieChloeDeCookie Posts: 2,467 Member
    check out the 1000 fun things to do thread in the sims 4 general discussion, normally near the top of first page, theres loads of ideas there
    To all you beautiful people out there, have a lovely day.
  • lovejess2lovejess2 Posts: 3,049 Member
    If I get bored it's a sign I need to take a break for a bit as when I come back after a month or two it's super fun again.
  • GaiaPumaGaiaPuma Posts: 2,278 Member
    I make CC :)
  • PiperbirdPiperbird Posts: 4,161 Member
    Miwashy wrote: »
    Does anyone know why my sims 3 is lagging SO SO bad? It's driving me crazy cause that's my favourite sims game. And I have 5 expansion packs and 1 stuff pack. PLEASE, PLEASE HELP ME! :neutral: I miss playing it SOO much! :(

Is one of the packs Island Paradise? I can run every single pack for TS3 with no problems, EXCEPT that one. I eventually had to uninstall it. :( Anyway, you might have better luck over in the TS3 forums. Welcome to the forums! ^_^
    Visit me in the gallery! CC-free builds under origin name Piperbird!
    06-01-15_5-18nbspPM_zps8s8jcirw.png
  • EpicSimsEpicSims Posts: 397 Member
    edited April 2016
    I have Need for Speed, so I play it :)
    I mean, there are always other games or things to do when you get bored .. !
    Post edited by EpicSims on
  • StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    Its a boring game. Theres not much else to do.
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • Starglitters9909Starglitters9909 Posts: 2,524 Member
    edited April 2016
    Play the sims 3. It's a lot more fun. There's more to do in the sims 3 and it keeps me occupied for hours. :)
    6cca377d-2512-4319-9ce5-8f4c646cf7f8_zpsa768ec53.jpg
  • inmyeyeinmyeye Posts: 396 Member
    edited April 2016
    Piperbird wrote: »
    Miwashy wrote: »

Is one of the packs Island Paradise? I can run every single pack for TS3 with no problems, EXCEPT that one. I eventually had to uninstall it. :( Anyway, you might have better luck over in the TS3 forums. Welcome to the forums! ^_^

I play Sims 3 with a high end laptop and I have no lag issues at all. If anyone is interested here is a link of how to stop the lag issues with Island Paradise: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/692071/island-paradise-lag-issue-solution-no-mods-required/p2 It actually works. Pay particular attention to the posts by alanmichael1. I know when running overwatch 9 times out of ten the unroutable sim was either Rubisel Itchtaca (the Prince) or the Romantic. My advice is to get rid of all the houseboats as there are serious routing issues. I'm playing an Island Paradise game right now and after following the advice in that thread I have zero lag. You may also want to take a look at this: http://www.modthesims.info/d/513265
    “Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to reform (or pause and reflect).”
    ― Mark Twain
  • KatrinkuKatrinku Posts: 224 Member
    When I get bored, I usually just do something else! But, sometimes I build houses too!
  • belpitabelpita Posts: 1,445 Member
    Build houses, create my own townies, start a challenge with auto-ageing on (well, that's usually a pre-requisite anyway), or take a break and do some knitting instead.
  • DDOLPHIN002DDOLPHIN002 Posts: 2 New Member
    I just go on create a sim and just mess with it a bit.
  • BeaEllaBeaElla Posts: 366 Member
    I just thought of another thing. When I get bored in my game I sometimes go read other players' legacies and such. That usually renews my interest!
    My chaotic simblr
  • FleurkweenFleurkween Posts: 235 Member
    Go outside.
    It's a free to play MMORPG.
    The world's most active game with over 7 billion players.
    The graphics are amazing and the fps is off the charts.

7DVRbo9_zpsyehmzmnv.jpg

3-jpg_zpscwfza59f.jpg

What are you waiting for?
    Join us on r/outside (the best reddit community)

\cat%20with%20tea_zpsejebanah.jpg
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top