The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Malcolm Landgraab is adopted?

Comments

• KiaraSims4ModsKiaraSims4Mods Posts: 2,782 Member
    I made him Nancy's son, I would have made him Geoffrey's too, but he died in my game.

I think he's Dudley Landgraab with a new entertainer name. But I would love to know his bio relation 100 %
  • imhappyimhappy Posts: 1,988 Member
    Cool ideas. In my game, Johnny is now their bio-kid. And I moved him back in with them. They all get along. But he brought his hippie girlfriend, Summer, with him. Nancy fights with her all the time.
  • NoWayJose527NoWayJose527 Posts: 1,456 Member
    Your Malcolm story is really interesting @NoWayJose527!

@Cinderellimouse I got to the point where I hated the guy. He was such a jerk LOL. Maybe that's why I didn't play him again in Sims 4. Oh, I did play another pre-made in Sims 2. That story is even funnier. It was Don Lothario. He started trying to put the moves on the sweetest, most innocent young girl I had in the game...and she hooked him. He fell for her, hook, line, and sinker, as they say. She resisted his advances and made him work to get her. They finally got married, and I changed his philandering aspiration, so he became the most loyal, faithful husband any woman could ever want. Now, that's a story LOL!

• turmalina007turmalina007 Posts: 118 Member
    Malcolm is for sure son of Nancy,the character was passed on to him lol. I had whole project on how to make Johhny Zest related to Landgraabs. First I had to move him in with them,then went to edit household and I created his twin,which I made son of Nancy and Geoff and then deleted original Johnny Zest and kept his clone. That way I gave Mr. Landgraab some nice company,since Nancy and Malcolm are both so mean xD I made Johnny look a bit more fit and made him join Paragons,since it fits the fancy family lifestyle. Basicly,he is trying hard to be accepted by his family and get back what should belong to him-family fortune :D
  • feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
    I just made them a new house, I don't like huge houses. anyway when I went to play them saw that Malcolm is evil and turned my game off. I think I'll do what a few of you have done and make a clone and delete the original, I know its silly but I often wonder if they miss their original kid. if they know. Silly I know, I think I play to much. ;)
  • Lupus95Lupus95 Posts: 72 Member
    You're right, I looked it up after I posted that. I did play Bustin' Out on the Xbox but I don't remember Malcolm at all! And there was a Malcolm Landgraab in TS2 but he appears to have been a different man (he's called Malcolm Landgraab IV): http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Malcolm_Landgraab_IV

But I think my point still stands that as we play the game, we experience different things with these sims and their stories change and develop. So, when I played TS3 and there was that sweet little boy called Malcolm Landgraab I just assumed he was the charming sim I was fond of from TS2 with the same name. So my Malcolm may be different from another player's Malcolm.

I find the idea that a pre-made has a story set in stone is flawed. Because we are only presented with their life up to a certain point, and as soon as we start playing their life branches out into multiple directions! You just have to look at Youtube to see evidence of this. I've been studying Reception Theory, and it shows that any kind of art is interpreted by its audience no matter what the original creator's intentions are. Two people can read a book, and if you ask them about it, they'll have very different versions of the story and have interpreted the motivations of the characters in different ways. People bring their own life-experience to these things. One person may think Hermione Granger is an inspiring role-model to women, another might think she is an annoying swot. Both interpretations are valid.

So, my Malcolm is an adorable, charming, handsome but hopelessly naïve Sim. And people are free to see him in any way they choose in their own game.

Oh, of course it's not set in stone, I was talking about the Sims the way they are "delivered" to us, the backstory they have set. And regarding this, Malcolm in TS3 was an adorable little boy and his grown up version in TS3 for console was still an adorable boy.

The Malcolm delivered with TS4 though is definitly depicted as a an evil person, which matches his portrayal in TSBO. That's all I wanted to say ;)

And btw, I don't think you really need to reach out for Reception Theory, it's in the nature of the Sims games that the players are in power when it comes to creating the stories in their own games.

• Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited April 2016
    Malcolm is not adopted. The Landgrabbes go back to the first families in the Sims game - they have always been the Rivals - sort of - of the Goths as far as first founder families go in the history of Sims - but in Sims 2 - Nancy was pregnant with Malcolm in her memories back story and it was also mentioned even in Sims 1. It seems the Goths and the Landgrabbes was a Will Wright concept initially - and some way or other they were always part of the games just like the Goths. Ironically in Sims 1 they were just mentioned a lot in the histories and really were not seen much of until Sims 2. But Malcomb is the natural child of Nancy and her husband. Supposedly all the line of Landgrabbes only seemed to have a male heir - always and the child is always a spoiled - rotten - brat. LOL.
    Post edited by Writin_Reg on

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Ravager619Ravager619 Posts: 3,738 Member
    There's only way to know for sure. Where's Maury when you need him?
    "That person who helps others simply because it should or must be done, and because it is the right thing to do, is indeed without a doubt, a real superhero." - Stan Lee
    I don't really get why so many people jumped to this conclusion, because of a different hair color ... both his looks and traits are obviously inherited from his parents and it's not a rare thing that a kid has a different haircolor than his/her parents. And in this case it's just another shade of blonde ....
  • drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    All returning premade sims in Sims 4 are botched. They don't follow the same continuity because they were thrown together very quickly and tossed into the game so we would have the tradition of returning Maxis Made sims.

The Caliente sisters' mom has the wrong name, the Goth family has no graveyard (first time in the entire franchise), the landgraabs are just terrible (their disowned son doesn't show up in the family tree, ridiculous), and that's it for returning premades. No other families were brought back, and given how poorly they did the existing ones I would prefer Maxis not ruin their own creative ideas by adding in anymore.
  • FloofjeFloofje Posts: 181 Member
    All returning premade sims in Sims 4 are botched. They don't follow the same continuity because they were thrown together very quickly and tossed into the game so we would have the tradition of returning Maxis Made sims.

The Caliente sisters' mom has the wrong name, the Goth family has no graveyard (first time in the entire franchise), the landgraabs are just terrible (their disowned son doesn't show up in the family tree, ridiculous), and that's it for returning premades. No other families were brought back, and given how poorly they did the existing ones I would prefer Maxis not ruin their own creative ideas by adding in anymore.

There are no graves on the Goth property, because ghosts didn't exist when the game came out, they were included in a patch. Same goes for the family tree. You can easily add him to the family tree yourself now, if you'd like. :smile: That's what I always do.
  • feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
    how can yo
    Floofje wrote: »

There are no graves on the Goth property, because ghosts didn't exist when the game came out, they were included in a patch. Same goes for the family tree. You can easily add him to the family tree yourself now, if you'd like. :smile: That's what I always do.

How can you add sims to family trees.
    My family trees in the Munch family don't even show uncles and aunts.
  • CorkysPetalsCorkysPetals Posts: 1,400 Member
    Remember, Malcom Landgraab from Sims4 and Sims3 is the grandfather or cousin or uncle (or something) of of Malcom Landgraab IV in the Sims2. The family lines are unclear.
    Remember, Malcom Landgraab from Sims4 and Sims3 is the grandfather or cousin or uncle (or something) of of Malcom Landgraab IV in the Sims2. The family lines are unclear.

He's not the grandfather, since this is Malcolm Landgraab II. Actually, he would have to be the great-grandfather, being the "first" Malcolm Landgraab. Howeverr, this would not really match the timeline as the time difference between Sunset Valley and Pleasantview is one generation and not two ...
  • MegastephMegasteph Posts: 58 Member
    I think you might be right or maybe its just the way they create this family. They probably made the parents and then the kid before they finish the genetics simulation feature.
  • FleurkweenFleurkween Posts: 235 Member
    "Alternative universe"
    a.k.a

"We were too lazy to think of a good timeline so we just chucked in a few sims and called it a day"
    \cat%20with%20tea_zpsejebanah.jpg
  • iriefthiiriefthi Posts: 1,073 Member
    As the title suggests I think Geoffrey and Nancy adopted Malcolm. What made me think this is that Malcolm has yellow hair and both his 'parents' have blonde hair. I know it is only little and stupid but it might be possible. But before you all go rage at me saying I am wrong I would like to say I have not followed the Sim's series for that long, I've only started truly delving into the Sim's lives in TS4, I played TS3 but didn't care much about story.

What are your thoughts?

I have had several babys in TS4 with eye colour different from their parents..Completely frustrating! Sims genetics aren't so reliable!
  • princessdylanprincessdylan Posts: 124 Member
    Didnt Malcolm have a sister or something in the Sims Bustin Out? I havent played it but I remember the landgraabs having more children
    qodtl3.jpg
    Gallery & Origin: princessdyland
    I play the Sims 2/3/4 & Medieval
    Please use she/her pronouns (:
  • princessdylanprincessdylan Posts: 124 Member
    And isnt Johnny Zest supposed to be a previous Landgraab but he moved out and changed his name because his parents disowned him after he decided to become a comedian? I havent been on the wikia for a while
    qodtl3.jpg
    Gallery & Origin: princessdyland
    I play the Sims 2/3/4 & Medieval
    Please use she/her pronouns (:
  • Chimp2678Chimp2678 Posts: 4,072 Member
    And isnt Johnny Zest supposed to be a previous Landgraab but he moved out and changed his name because his parents disowned him after he decided to become a comedian? I havent been on the wikia for a while

Yeah, http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Johnny_Zest

• Chimp2678Chimp2678 Posts: 4,072 Member
    I like theories and conspiracies among Sims characters. Bella Goth, Holly Alto, etc.
  • KiaraSims4ModsKiaraSims4Mods Posts: 2,782 Member
    He looks too much like Geoffrey. He might be his son, but Nancy is his adopted mom.

I think Dudley/Johnny is their bio son though.
  • EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    I have never played pre-made Sims, but this is very interesting.
  • Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    Each classic family is taken from a timezone that represents all of them the best.

Nina Caliente would have difficulty agreeing to that. about-to-vomit.gif

latest?cb=20140907180245
  • roman2886roman2886 Posts: 702 Member
    As the title suggests I think Geoffrey and Nancy adopted Malcolm. What made me think this is that Malcolm has yellow hair and both his 'parents' have blonde hair. I know it is only little and stupid but it might be possible. But before you all go rage at me saying I am wrong I would like to say I have not followed the Sim's series for that long, I've only started truly delving into the Sim's lives in TS4, I played TS3 but didn't care much about story.

What are your thoughts?

I wonder who are Malcolm's real parents are.