March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

That was odd

SujabesSujabes Posts: 224 Member
It's lovely to be on your laptop by yourself in a dark quiet room to see and hear your door slowly open itself..
AdhggAl.jpg

Comments

• Colton147147Colton147147 Posts: 10,453 Member
    edited April 2016
    I can sense the paranormal, as well can hear them... But I've become use to it.

There are people like myself - they can sense, hear, or even see the paranormal.

Glad I cannot see them though - I probably would need a new pair of underwear each time I see them. :D

A downside is that you are more prone to getting a paranormal entity (such as a demon) attached to you and brought with you - that is why I try to avoid cemeteries and haunted places if I can.

@chesterbigbird
    @phoebebebe13
    Your Justine Keaton Enthusiast and the Voice of the Sims Community.
  • LaAbbyLaAbby Posts: 3,742 Member
    Sujabes wrote: »
    It's lovely to be on your laptop by yourself in a dark quiet room to see and hear your door slowly open itself..

It's lovely to be babysitting at night, next to a doll, and all of a sudden for the lamp to go off at exactly 11 pm ...

It turned out the lamp was programmed to turn off at that hour.

Idk about you though ...
  • chesterbigbirdchesterbigbird Posts: 8,581 Member
    I have encountered allot of paranormal things in my Life.
    Lived in 2 haunted houses. The first one was where a boy died in the downstairs bedroom (he had cancer i believe.) And every now and then you could hear things moving around in that room.. and a couple of times there was a whole bunch of lego blocks set up all over the floor when nobody had been in there.
    The other house was where a man had committed suicide in the Bathroom.. we often heard footsteps in the hall and heard things moving in the bathroom.. also had the front door open and close a number of times.
    These days i often hear and see my pets that have passed away.. that activity picked up after we did some construction and renovating. But i do like the feeling that my pets do come back to visit me (miss them allot.)
    i7 6700K
    16GB hyper X fury
    MSI GTX 1080
    MSI gaming M5 mobo
    Evga 750 supernova
    Corsair hydro h110i GT
    Corsair obsidian 750D
    500GB SSD
    6TB Seagate Barracuda Pro
    LG 34" ultra wide

• SennieSennie Posts: 2,708 Member

I used to get that when I first started waking up really early, I put it down to my imagination though because now it never happens :) it's surprising what you can hear when your up alone early in the morning :)

Matthew.
  • SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,823 Member
    Gotta say I'm used to it too. I never see anything but I did as a kid.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    3:14 Every Night.

And no. I don't believe in that 🐸🐸🐸🐸.
    Mild hallucinations are often caused by a tired mind.
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • DominicLaurenceDominicLaurence Posts: 3,398 Member
    Place a religious cross in the wall. If when the door opens it falls or turns upside down, you definitelly must run.
    ID: StGerris
    Legacy Photomode
    Place a religious cross in the wall. If when the door opens it falls or turns upside down, you definitelly must run.

Nah, salt across the doorway. I saw it on supernatural, so it must be real.
  • DominicLaurenceDominicLaurence Posts: 3,398 Member
    Movotti wrote: »

Nah, salt across the doorway. I saw it on supernatural, so it must be real.

So it works for sure. Mine I saw on American Horror Story Asylum, great show but not as usefull.
    ID: StGerris
    Legacy Photomode
  • Swiftlover13Swiftlover13 Posts: 2,369 Member
    It's lovely to hear knocking on sliding glass doors and then going downstairs to investigate, only to find the doors sliding open in front of you. It's even more lovely to see a picture after you moved out to show a pasty white girl standing outside those doors....
  • 5782341b77vl5782341b77vl Posts: 9,149 Member
    I have a haunted rocking chair that been in the family since the '30's. My great-grandpa died while sitting in it (long before I was born). Despite the footstool getting thrown out, and the chair being reupholstered over the years, it's still his favorite chair, as you can at times find it rocking on its own.
    ...AND WASH YOUR DING-DANG HANDS!
  • ClassicalSimClassicalSim Posts: 1,535 Member
    I know someone who says she lives in a haunted house. Whenever she takes a picture of her family in front of their fireplace, there's an electrical outlet beside the fireplace in the picture, but there isn't one there in real life. No matter what angle the picture is taken from, it's always there.
  • DarkSuperNinjaDarkSuperNinja Posts: 1,204 Member
    I'm far to cynical to believe in the paranormal, but when you're tired, or you want to believe it's paranormal, your brain tricks you into seeing things that aren't there, or miss-observing things.

Then again, occasionally things happen that can't be explained, but they're few and far between, and Scientists are probably yet to find a solid explanation for them.
  • rosey1579rosey1579 Posts: 6,252 Member
    Hmmm... We're you doing something you shouldn't have on your laptop? Maybe a long dead relative is checking up on you...
  • br560br560 Posts: 1,836 Member
    I kinda want to see a ghost, because they seem interesting... I once said that I want my house to be haunted but I'd rather sleep.

And every now and then you could hear things moving around in that room.. and a couple of times there was a whole bunch of lego blocks set up all over the floor when nobody had been in there.

Imagine stepping on that lego? (shudder) Probably worse than the ghost itself. I feel bad for the ghost boy though.
    Br560.
    Playing the sims since 2012
  • ArlettaArletta Posts: 8,444 Member
    I'm too much of a cynic, I think.

Late at night, especially when tired, your brain plays tricks on you. The likely explanation (which I can't give for what everyone has said) is that the door wasn't quite shut properly. Properties are rarely air tight. A slight breeze blowing through the property opened a not quite closed door. Your brain did the rest.
  • DarkSuperNinjaDarkSuperNinja Posts: 1,204 Member
    @Arletta High five! xD I was literally thinking the exact same thing!
  • Sue_D_NimSue_D_Nim Posts: 2,553 Member

I hope you were playing one of the Silent Hill games at the time, or Amnesia. Better yet, the Return to the Cradle level from Thief:Deadly Shadows.
  • ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    Growing up, my step dad messed with the paranormal stuff (Tarot card readings and the works). They say, when you mess with the arts, you're welcoming the paranormal into your home.

I'd say that's about right, as we always had occurrences happen in our homes growing up.

It was nothing for doors to slowly open, to hear knocks and footsteps thru the house when home alone. I'd say the strangest thing to happen, the one thing that really creeped me out back then, was we had a pit bull named Crazy. (If I can explain this properly) You know how dogs, especially pits, will latch onto something and plant their feet and jerk back with their head, neck and shoulders? Well, Crazy was doing that to nothing in the hallway. I mean, he really had a hold of something pretty solid, but there was nothing there. He was growling and jerking at the thin air. That one creeped me out.

Now days, since dear old step dad's been gone and I've lived a nice, quiet life... I'd probably freak out if my door slowly opened on it's own.
    p8L4V6v.png
  • dominimpdominimp Posts: 162 Member
    >:)

It was most likely the wind if your door is by a window on the other side of the room or a dislodged floor board underneath your carpet or tile making the door that is on it or next to it uneven and that causes it to open randomly.

I have a door in my house that is like that, it is a wooden door that opens and closes randomly because of how it built. (Uneven so the notch on it doesn't click when it closes leaving to swing open by itself when there is movement in the house or an open window).

I have had experiences in the past though so I am not doubting yours at all, just look at it as an experience after all scientific possibilities are accounted for.

>:)
  • Sue_D_NimSue_D_Nim Posts: 2,553 Member
    We've got at least two doors that slowly swing closed by themselves. It just means that the foundation is cracked. :p
    ChelleJo wrote: »
    They say, when you mess with the arts, you're welcoming the paranormal into your home.
    That is BS.
    Played around with "the arts" in my teens, and nothing. Not a bump in the night.
    It's just over-tired people who scare themselves into thinking they see/hear things.

Sue_D_Nim wrote: »
    We've got at least two doors that slowly swing closed by themselves. It just means that the foundation is cracked. :p

Yep, uneven foundations will cause doors to do strange things, as will crooked frames.
    And many houses shift as they warm/cool causing strange sounds, and foor and window frames to warp/unwarp.
  • ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    edited April 2016
    They say, when you mess with the arts, you're welcoming the paranormal into your home.
    That is BS.
    Played around with "the arts" in my teens, and nothing. Not a bump in the night.
    It's just over-tired people who scare themselves into thinking they see/hear things.

I will politely decline to believe that. I know what I grew up around. I seen tarot cards change faces to match a person I never seen, then I met that person. I've seen a lot. You can not convince me that it was all explained away by a tired mind.

p8L4V6v.png
    That is BS.

I will politely decline to believe that. I know what I grew up around. I seen tarot cards change faces to match a person I never seen, then I met that person. I've seen a lot. You can not convince me that it was all explained away by a tired mind.

Sounds more like you've hallucinated a lot. B)
    I am an extreme skeptic, I only accept logic, reason and science backed facts.
    The supernatural does not exist. If it did, it would be natural.
  • dreamerz13dreamerz13 Posts: 9,927 Member
    edited April 2016
    I'm a firm believer in the paranormal (nobody will ever convince me ghosts aren't real. Ever), but I can also appreciate using logic before claiming it's paranormal and getting freaked out.

My bedroom door opens itself all the time, and I do believe my house is haunted, but I know the mechanism that keeps my door closed is worn out and a draft in the house or the walls expanding and contracting can cause it to open. As can somebody opening the front door for some reason though I don't get it given the placement of the two but my door creaks open a bit every single time.

So there's many logical reasons a door can open itself.

It can be spooky when you're alone and odd things happen though. Or like I remember when we moved to where we live now we had lived in this big huge apartment building and the creaking noises and stuff in the night weren't common there, or if they were noisy neighbours drowned them out IDK. We moved into a townhouse kind of dealy and we get all the creaks and stuff and when we moved in I was soooooo terrified at first. But I learned houses are evil and like to scare you and that's just what they do. Now I seldom even notice it.

I also read a lot of paranormal stories and stuff and sometimes those normal noise catch me off guard when I'm alone at night in the dark reading paranormal stories and I nearly soil myself in fright. LOL, so I can definitely understand being unsettled at first. But honestly, if a door opens itself it was like just the house doing house things or the wind or something normal and harmless.