Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Fun idea: Imaginary friend for Sims 4

klovesjenklovesjen Posts: 361 Member
edited April 2016 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
I'd like to see the imaginary friend return :o if they can be even creepier that'd be cool! It was such a creepy and neat feature in Sims 3!

I was reminded of them when I found this hilarious article:

"I have been eagerly anticipating the arrival of my first Imaginary Friend ever since I bought the Generations expansion pack. My Sims haven't had many kids, and not all kids get an Imaginary Friend, so it took nearly a month in real time before I got one. And now that I have it, IT IS SCARING THE CRAP OUT OF ME.
I wasn't prepared for this thing to be so soul-suckingly terrifying. I'm not the only one who thinks so, right? Tell me I'm not alone in this.

Phase 1: The Toy
After a baby is born, or in my case after you adopt the baby, you get a pop-up notification that so-and-so has sent your new baby a toy. Check the mail, and the Imaginary Friend doll will automatically be added to your baby's inventory.
In this stage, it's just a doll. Your baby and toddler Sims can play with it, which not only builds their relationship, it also improves your kid's Social need.

Phase 2: The Animated Doll
Ugh, I get the willies just thinking about it. At some point after your Sim ages into a child, you will get a pop-up about how the doll wants to play, so you should set it on the ground. Drag the Imaginary Friend toy out of your Sim's inventory and set it on the ground.
It will transform into the creature of nightmares: a sort of patchwork clown with a blank face, a glowing ball atop a stalk atop its head, and gloved hands (presumably so that it doesn't leave fingerprint evidence at the murder scene).
Worse, in this stage, it cannot be perceived by any other Sim. Switch to their perspective, and the Imaginary Friend vanishes. EVEN THOUGH WE KNOW IT'S STILL THERE.
It also turns back into a doll when it sleeps.

Phase 3: A Real Kid
Once your Sim and the Imaginary Friend have a high enough relationship (Best Friend or close to it) you'll have the option to "make real." I did this with a bottle of potion. Give it to the Imaginary Friend, and it turns into a real child - boy or girl, depending on whether you've given it a boy's or a girl's name.
This child is just like a regular Sim, except that it has creepy patchwork clothing left over from the doll's outfit. Oh, and it still turns into a doll to sleep! (Mine also had eyes that are an unsettling shade of bright aqua.) "

- See more at:
http://sim2sim.com/news/sims-3-imaginary-friend-horror

Please bring them to Sims 4!
Post edited by klovesjen on

Comments

• TarruviTarruvi Posts: 1,227 Member
    I would love creepier Imaginary Friends! But, I'll still take them in any form really. Maybe, a Dragon Imaginary Friend? Something new-ish could be interesting. :o
  • GruffmanGruffman Posts: 4,831 Member
    I wouldn't mind the imaginary friend, though I would like to see it a bit different.

Children who are creative should be more inclined to have an imaginary friend than say a child with a mental aspiration. I would really like it if the imaginary friend played off the emotion of the child. When the child is happy, the imaginary friend is normal. If angry, the imaginary friend feeds off the anger, if tense the imaginary friend goes into a cuddly mode to make the child less tense. If afraid it goes in protection mode to make the child not afraid. Let it adapt to the child.

I wish kids were afraid of the dark and would want for monsters checked under the bed.
  • ID-ChristianID-Christian Posts: 128 Member
    Gruffman wrote: »
    I wouldn't mind the imaginary friend, though I would like to see it a bit different.

Children who are creative should be more inclined to have an imaginary friend than say a child with a mental aspiration. I would really like it if the imaginary friend played off the emotion of the child. When the child is happy, the imaginary friend is normal. If angry, the imaginary friend feeds off the anger, if tense the imaginary friend goes into a cuddly mode to make the child less tense. If afraid it goes in protection mode to make the child not afraid. Let it adapt to the child.

I wish kids were afraid of the dark and would want for monsters checked under the bed.

awesome!
  • praisespraises Posts: 66 Member

I love this! Especially the "protective" mode and the children looking under the bed for monsters.
  • ID-ChristianID-Christian Posts: 128 Member
    @klovesjen Why don't you move this to the General Discussion so it can get more attention?

• SennieSennie Posts: 2,708 Member

Yeah I wish that as well @Gruffman :) I'd love it if kids got so scared that an adult Sim had to come in to their room and check under the bed, in the toy chest and in the wardrobe as well :) I think that would be awesome to see children Sims acting a little more like children :)

Matthew.
  • klovesjenklovesjen Posts: 361 Member
    Done! :)
    @klovesjen Why don't you move this to the General Discussion so it can get more attention?

Those are fantastic ideas! I'd love for kids to be able to be afraid monsters were under there bed/in closet etc, and have the imaginary friend have emotions based off of the childs.

The imaginary friend could even be released as part of a supernatural pack :O that would be freaky. Or, part of generations haha
    Sennie wrote: »

Yeah I wish that as well @Gruffman :) I'd love it if kids got so scared that an adult Sim had to come in to their room and check under the bed, in the toy chest and in the wardrobe as well :) I think that would be awesome to see children Sims acting a little more like children :)

Matthew.

Some ideas and some photos of imaginary friends from Sims 3

58534e274cffac52d7baad15362decbf.jpg
    imaginary_friends.jpg
    imaginary_friend_by_irbochan999.jpg
    imaginary_friend_by_israfelx_d554g2x.jpg
    1d908d03d26e1875d3b64f4d43521a4d1b72ee11_large.jpg
    Cute_doll_wearing_wollen_cap.jpg
    screenshot_114.jpg
    bddb029.jpg
  • bonnstraxxbonnstraxx Posts: 102 Member
    I think one of the things that creeped me out the most with the imaginary friend is that if you chose to not make it real for whatever reason, it would AGE UP with the kid. And don't get me started on the walk.
    tumblr_no8vxivBfl1s26dsio1_250_zpsh1ymw1es.gif
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited April 2016
    I want an imaginary monster kind of like Monsters Inc. or Where the Wild Things Are.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • LenaDieters11LenaDieters11 Posts: 1,346 Member
    I did not like the fact that you always got it. I think it should come as an exception
    @bonnstraxx Hahaha! I haven't played Sims 3 for so long - did it go through toddler/child/teen etc?

I just installed Sims 3 last night and am going to add one expansion at a time hopefully my computer will let me play! It's working so far with just the base game lol.
    bonnstraxx wrote: »
    I think one of the things that creeped me out the most with the imaginary friend is that if you chose to not make it real for whatever reason, it would AGE UP with the kid. And don't get me started on the walk.

edited July 2016
    Children with various types of imaginary friends would create some unique stories. :)

It would be even more interesting IF the Big Stuffed Animals one day disappeared. But, that is from the Adult's point of view. The Children however, still have their stuffy friends. Whom are now "alive", and interact with the child who brought them to life. :o

I would imagine a Child would have to become very attached to the toy, like BFF status. I can't stop thinking about those giant toys coming to life! They are already "life" sized! :P

They all could have unique imaginary interactions!

OBlarffy could roar, like any bear(sim in bear costume).

ODrago could be mischievous and pretent to run at their creator to get a laugh out of them.

OBun Bun can have the ability to find Decorative Eggs for their creator.

ODino could wow their friend with a puff of fire, and it could sometimes backfire with imaginary fire[/b] spawning on the ground and freaking out their creator.

OSkelly Bear could be a Bonus friend if Spooky Stuff is installed. Skelly could give their creator candy, and receive candy as well.

OUni could have the ability to introduce their creator to another child and start off as Good Friends.
  • monon0kemonon0ke Posts: 144 Member
    Oh my god i want this back so much, they were so much fun and adorable. although they were also super creepy like this little dude going around doing chores and noone else in the house can see it. so there are like floating toys or washing
    tumblr_o7ljq7l45_Y1qet0cro1_500.gif
    @monon0ke
    I liked their mysterious presence in the game, it made long running stories interesting. Not to mention, legacy challenges. :P

There is so much potential for what Imaginary Friends can be and do this time around! :D
  • TrendorinaTrendorina Posts: 48 Member
    I don't like imaginary friends that much. But it is really cool to use in histories at the game. I think instead of it coming in generation EP, it must come in supernatural EP. Because supernatural could bring not only good imaginary friends, but evil ones too.

In supernatural EP Imaginary friends would arise from child's imagination(specially creative, crazy and lonely children) or be made by a witch that would gift it to child's family(according to the relationship she have with child's mom or dad). Good witches only make good imaginary friends(and gift it if she have a good relationship with the parents/autonomous random gift, it would be placed at door), evil witches make evil imaginary friends(and gift it if she have a bad relationship with the parents/autonomous random gift, it would be placed at door), and neutral witches can make both(gifting the doll only according to the relationship she have with family).
    Both types would play with children, but good ones stimulate good behavior and help with bad feelings. Evil ones stimulate bad behavior (be mean with other sims, break or sabotage objects, topple the trash) and bad feelings like anger and sadness. Influencia in the new trait from next life stage.
    Crazy sims would be able to keep imaginary friends to teenager and adult life(low chances).
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    As long as it's not like Sims 3 where you can't not get the Imaginary friend and have to suppress it's creepiness... I'd like this if it's around only because I want it to be.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • FallenPrinceFallenPrince Posts: 928 Member
    i loved the imaginary friend in TS3. i thought it was very originally done and well executed. I would be happy if this feature would come back!
  • Linabelina360Linabelina360 Posts: 362 Member
    Nice idea, it sounds really cool, but I think that the gender based on the name isn't a good idea, there are many unisex names out there, I'd think it'd be better if you can just choose the gender yourself :)
    tumblr_n9ycvbU66h1tv6zypo1_500.gif
    The heart can't beat with out a rhythm
    edited July 2016
    Nice idea, it sounds really cool, but I think that the gender based on the name isn't a good idea, there are many unisex names out there, I'd think it'd be better if you can just choose the gender yourself :)

In TS3 you could choose the gender.

If you did not choose the name, it would be any default Imaginary Friend name.(example: Fluffy, Buttons, etc.) And, a gender is assigned at random.

If you wanted to name it, it would come up with the option of what gender the named Imaginary Friend belonged. You can say boy or girl, and give it any name. A girl, with the name Alexander. A boy, with the name Elizabeth. It doesn't matter. :P
  • Allison18Allison18 Posts: 399 Member
    As long as it doesn't follow the sim into the bathroom every single time then I'd love to have an imaginary friend added as well!
    ch_dadpost.gif
  • Zorna_Zorna_ Posts: 34 Member
    I agree- I liked having the imaginary friend in Sims 3!
  • BrunoBBrunoB Posts: 13 New Member
    I'd like it a lot if the imaginary friend was something sporadical -- not all of the kids should have it.
  • noxximsnoxxims Posts: 134 Member
    @BrunoB that's how it was in the sims 3.

I feel like this wouldn't be something too hard to put in the game. Seems like it would've fit in well with the Kids Room pack, would've given it that little something extra.
    8aec0358-095a-4e29-a083-d49ed056a897_zps3awx8cce.jpg