Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Comments

• PallystylePallystyle Posts: 2,415 Member
    I wanted to "awesome" and "like" some of his comments. Thank you for working on the game I enjoy the most, @SimGuruGraham <3
    My Sims 4 Creations= Click Here ;) Find me on origin at Pallystyle
    My Murkland Challenge Adventures: Click Here

• PixelsimmerPixelsimmer Posts: 2,351 Member
    edited April 2016
    U can already have workin lounge chairs with mods tho..if a modder can do it, why cant they?

Graham never said they couldn't. He just stated that it would require new animations and that's beyond the scope of stuff packs. As such lounge chairs will need to be included in a GP or an EP, both of which include new animations.

• FloofjeFloofje Posts: 181 Member
    If anything besides generations, apartments and vampires, I wanted World Adventures for TS4 :cry:
    Really sad that it might not happen.
  • alyssasim87alyssasim87 Posts: 1,277 Member
    Yeah thats what Id like to see sims relaxing on their beds. I miss having that. I guess that will probably have to wait until another ep too. One for lounge chairs and one for sims relxing on beds.
    my origin id is simkitten87

Im a simmer forever <3
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I don't think it's a matter of the devs not being able to do it, but a problem of them not being scheduled to do it.....yet.
  • TheSingingSimmerTheSingingSimmer Posts: 3,348 Member
    Considering that a modder with a full time job can make a good lounge chair animation in a number of days..I don't understand how a TEAM of PROFESSIONALS can't do the same in a matter of a few months.
  • halimali1980halimali1980 Posts: 8,246 Member
    Considering that a modder with a full time job can make a good lounge chair animation in a number of days..I don't understand how a TEAM of PROFESSIONALS can't do the same in a matter of a few months.

They can do it but Graham is responsible for SPs and this will not make it in an SP
    Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
    giphy.gif
  • TheSimerTheSimer Posts: 1,007 Member

Really? The modders which made the lounge chairs, has not done one single new animation.
  • NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    My question is why wasn't 'relax' in the base game to start with. Problem solved. No? If not it sure would have went a long way to help animators from the get go to get those social right in the beginning while relaxing. This is why things are important to the core game, people.

It would still have been work to do, no matter when they do it.
  • jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    @Cinebar wrote: »
    My question is why wasn't 'relax' in the base game to start with. Problem solved. No? If not it sure would have went a long way to help animators from the get go to get those social right in the beginning while relaxing. This is why things are important to the core game, people.

Probably because The Sims team made the decisions to have all interactions available in any position. So standing up has all the interactions, sitting down contains about 80% of them. Laying down would also mean having 80% of total animations.

They already have the "relax" animation in the game. However, they aren't going to make the ability to use it properly until all interactions are animated and able to be used.

It's the difference between adding it in, without multitasking with like 5 interactions, or waiting to add them in once the get the ability to add 80% of the other interactions as well.

Graham says above, that they would want all possible social interactions available when relaxing, which means a lot of dev work is involved.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    @Neia, that's why you have a plan to start with, about what you may want to add later, and the core must have some features (like height differences) so you can add those things later without too much trouble down the road. Just sayin'. Core matters.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    @Neia, that's why you have a plan to start with, about what you may want to add later, and the core must have some features (like height differences) so you can add those things later without too much trouble down the road. Just sayin'. Core matters.

The plan is there, they can add all those animations without trouble, it's just a lot of work, because with multitasking, there's a lot of possible animations when relaxing. They have always said the lounge chairs were doable, just a lot of work to be done.
  • EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    Perhaps they should hire some modders, I don't use mods, but it seems they can do a lot more then the ones working on Sims now.
  • Stdlr9Stdlr9 Posts: 2,744 Member
    Well, that sounded like a whole lot of nothing. "We can't, we can't, we can't," when modders CAN.
  • sophtasticsophtastic Posts: 610 Member
    At least he is giving answers, though. Not many gurus even reply to requests/questions about lounge chairs. If people want them so bad, it's very easy to download CC (only my opinion but yeah) o:)
    toddddddllleeeeerrrrrrrssss
    tumblr_n0qwctD0MN1sb146lo1_400.gif
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,284 Member
    While having lounge chairs in Sims3 was nice and all, I only EVER used them to decorate the pool area. (Please don't throw anything harder than a marshmallow at me.) I rarely, if EVER had my Sims use them. I'm perfectly fine waiting, but I feel the pain of those who really NEED them. I'm still waiting on what I NEED in this game. Hopefully, your wait won't be as extensive as mine has been. And that the wait will be well worth it. Here's to each of us getting the desired missing thing(s) in our games!
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/