Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

EA silence on family play and family play fans

Comments

• clover24clover24 Posts: 887 Member
    @Gruffman the thread is for everyone no matter what one you play. I play both 3 and 4 currently I'm playing 4 but I my pics would not be appropriate to post as I'm playing the egg hunt challenge so they don't involve no family play,

There has been as many good s4 stories on here as there is any other sims games. :) please join in with the rest of us.
  • alyssasim87alyssasim87 Posts: 1,277 Member
    Hope everyone is doing ok.

Anyway I enjoy the sims 4 as well so its ok to post here if you love the sims 4. I still buy the sims 4 content and I probably always will even if toddlers arent added because I love the sims to much. I cant stay away even if I wanted to. So yes I play the sims 4. True its not my personal favorite sims game but still even if it was you can still post here. For me I have been playing mostly the sims 3 and some sims 2 lately. I tend to switch games every so often. I just play which ever game I feel like playing at the moment. Right now its been the sims 3 with some sims 2 playtime as well. Sometimes its the sims 4. Ive even wrote about some of my game play I played about the sims 4. I used get together to bring some family play into my sims 4 game and it made it more fun for me. But right now the sims 3 is more fun. Sometimes 2 is. It just depends. I like this section because it is peaceful and everyone here is nice to each other. its not just a bunch of arguing. Its people talking to each other caring about whats going on. Discussing their sims games. I dont post all the time cuz Im not on here all the time. But when I do post I enjoy it and I enjoy reading other peoples posts as well.
    my origin id is simkitten87

Im a simmer forever <3
  • sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    Thank you everyone for handling this so well. I'm sorry that I'm just not up to dealing with arguments at the moment. I fell apart last night with mutual friends of our friend we lost and so I'm trying to build myself up from that again. It was wonderful to lean on each other though-I hope she looked down on us and saw how special she is even now in bringing people together.

Thank you to those of you who offered support last night-it truly meant a great deal to me *big cuddles* and @bekkasan your comment really touched me.

Thank you in particular to @Anemone7 and @Sennie for being here when I wasn't around and trying to get across what I have tried to work so hard on here with all of your help in making this a sim neutral space despite the issues we may have with any of the games.

I know it gets frustrating @Gruffman that people aren't happy. But it also frustrates people that they feel left out too. It's a tightrope of expressing how we feel as individuals without upsetting others. We all try really hard here to leave that stuff at the door. I don't believe anyone in this thread means to upset others when they discuss what's bothering them and if you have issues can we please keep them off the open board and talk privately so we don't get a bunch of upset people on the thread like elsewhere? Thank you :) Look how you were welcomed-it shows you exactly how that stuff means nothing here. People care about each other regardless of which game we enjoy most.
  • BlueBlack007BlueBlack007 Posts: 4,480 Member
    I play the Sims 2, 3, and 4, I was playing 1 as well, but then it stopped working on my computer, so I had to take it off, but I Luv all of them anyhow, I will probably keep playing the Sims until there is no more Sims to play, so You can talk about anything you want , I do not mind a bit, I am just sorry you feel like this is not the place for you Gruffman, Come back and say what you like, it is all up to you, Happy Simming, :)
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,518 Member
    Look how you were welcomed-it shows you exactly how that stuff means nothing here. People care about each other regardless of which game we enjoy most.
    Hear hear!

I hope you can feel better in yourself soon @sparkfairy1 - I know how you feel, me and hubby lost a very close friend some years back, one who died in his 20's, and I can still get upset when I think about how much we miss him (I have tears in my eyes now) - it is very hard, but we can also talk about him with smiles and laughs now when we remember the fun times.

I have completed another 2 hoods! I have now finished preparing Oasis Springs and Windenberg - only Newcrest to go! (And that's the empty one, so it will take more filling up) - I'm starting to get impatient now as I am dying to begin playing a family :)
  • SurrealSurreal Posts: 3,241 Member
    Sorry to hear about your friend, @sparkfairy1 - it never gets better... but you do. {{{{sparkfairy1}}}}
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    @Gruffman, we just got you back. I don't want you to leave. :( I still play the Sims 4 by the way, just with work, Simming is limited now. I still play the Sims 1, 2, and 3 as well. I stopped playing the Sims Freeplay since I keep losing my saves and I give up.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Frogprincess_qFrogprincess_q Posts: 1,269 Member
    I mostly just lurk atm, I'm not playing Sims right now so I have no pictures to post and all my thoughts on family play... well, I'm tired of trying to change what I no longer think will change and I have said it all 3 or 4 times at least. I still lurk though because of all the lovely people and part of me still hopes for news... one day.

@Gruffman I was meaning to welcome you back, it's been a long time. I always enjoy seeing other people's screenshots of Sims 4 family play and yours have been missed. I hope that you will stay and bring back some more of your family screenies :) I know that there has always been a significant segment of the population here who is bitter and dissatisfied regarding Sims 4 (some days that segemnt includes me), so it's great to have people like you who can bring balance to the debate with all the lovely things that families can be and do!

@BlueBlack007 This thread gets off topic a lot, by this point. Many of us have been here a long, long time, saying the same things over and over, until we ran out of things to say and/or the will to keep repeating ourselves. We don't want to just let the thread die though or for the family play topic to disappear from discussion, so we talk about a lot of things may be only slightly connected to family play, lack of communication by game developers and Sims. Eventually, it became something of a family here, because family matters to us so we also do support each other when one of us is having a tough time.

However, we are always happy for anyone to stop by and bring new life to the topic! Share your thoughts on family play, share screenies of your families (whatever sims versin they are from), talk about ways that Sims 4 addresses (or fails to address) family play. Welcome, welcome!

@Sennie I have been wanting to send you my well wishes. I hope that you are taking good care of yourself and trying not to let mean people get you down. I ran into some horrible people on a different forum recently. The things some people say! Some people are just bullies. Let them bark and pay them no mind.

@sparkfairy1 <big hug>

P.S. Hi everyone! :blush: While Get Together is half price, I bought it. Reinstalling Sims 4 again. I wonder how I will feel about it after all this time. It's been maybe a year since I last played.
    Edits made and not mentioned will be for typos.

- Froggie
    1nr15n0.jpg
    WIP: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/851667/australian-world-version-1-0-uploaded/p1
  • MylitaMylita Posts: 4,447 Member
    @Frogprincess_q , I look forward to your thoughts on TS4 after Get Together. I haven't played TS4 for several weeks now. I just can't seem to find the fun in it. /sigh

Loving everyone's pictures!!

Mylita
    No friends requests, please.
  • Anemone7Anemone7 Posts: 3,950 Member
    @Frogprincess_q GT improves TS4 style Family play a lot imo. But it does feel more like the size of a GP, so it's good that you paid half price.
  • SennieSennie Posts: 2,708 Member
    edited April 2016
    I mostly just lurk atm, I'm not playing Sims right now so I have no pictures to post and all my thoughts on family play... well, I'm tired of trying to change what I no longer think will change and I have said it all 3 or 4 times at least. I still lurk though because of all the lovely people and part of me still hopes for news... one day.

@Gruffman I was meaning to welcome you back, it's been a long time. I always enjoy seeing other people's screenshots of Sims 4 family play and yours have been missed. I hope that you will stay and bring back some more of your family screenies :) I know that there has always been a significant segment of the population here who is bitter and dissatisfied regarding Sims 4 (some days that segemnt includes me), so it's great to have people like you who can bring balance to the debate with all the lovely things that families can be and do!

@BlueBlack007 This thread gets off topic a lot, by this point. Many of us have been here a long, long time, saying the same things over and over, until we ran out of things to say and/or the will to keep repeating ourselves. We don't want to just let the thread die though or for the family play topic to disappear from discussion, so we talk about a lot of things may be only slightly connected to family play, lack of communication by game developers and Sims. Eventually, it became something of a family here, because family matters to us so we also do support each other when one of us is having a tough time.

However, we are always happy for anyone to stop by and bring new life to the topic! Share your thoughts on family play, share screenies of your families (whatever sims versin they are from), talk about ways that Sims 4 addresses (or fails to address) family play. Welcome, welcome!

@Sennie I have been wanting to send you my well wishes. I hope that you are taking good care of yourself and trying not to let mean people get you down. I ran into some horrible people on a different forum recently. The things some people say! Some people are just bullies. Let them bark and pay them no mind.

@sparkfairy1 <big hug>

P.S. Hi everyone! :blush: While Get Together is half price, I bought it. Reinstalling Sims 4 again. I wonder how I will feel about it after all this time. It's been maybe a year since I last played.

Thank you for your kind message @Frogprincess_q :) I'm taking good care of myself (very tired today though!) and I just ignore the mean people now. Those who are most important are all of us here :)

Ohhh you brought GT? How exciting for you :) they say that it's a good expansion pack and that the the club system is really fun, so hopefully you will get a lot of enjoyment out of it. Be sure to share some pictures :) !

So I also just want to quickly update you all on my personal life at the moment :)
    Last night my Mum was over her sisters', and my brothers were all out except for Andrew who was upstairs at the time. I had my bath and then spoke to Becky, and we hadn't properly spoken in over five days so it was awkward at first. I needed help geling and styling my hair. I wish I could style it like Elvis' myself but sadly the gel makes my hands feel all funny so someone has to do it for me. My brothers can do it ok but Becky is really good at doing people's hair and gets it exact, she's a hairdresser which is awesome for me! :)
    So as she began my hair I took advantage of the situation and asked her how she was, she said she was fine and then asked me how I was so I said I was fine as well, which was a lie but I got the feeling she lied to me so lied back (yes, I'm very immature sometimes) and then Becks asked me if I was sure and then she started to cry, and then I started to cry and it was just a mess :blush:

My hair was only half done and we were both crying our eyes out so would have looked a right state. But although it's embarassing talking about it now, I'm really glad it happened because this morning when she was having breakfast we spoke again, except this time we didn't cry :)
    However unfortunately I'm really tired now because I only got about 3 hours sleep :/ in my house when we're all really upset the number one rule is to play Monopoly (which I'm terrible at). So we invited Andrew down, who suddenly was in a talking mood and then we played Monopoly which lasted all night and in to today's early morning. Whilst we played we talked about when we were kids and all the fun things we had done, we cried and we laughed throughour the entire game :) My Mum got in at 2:17am and we were still playing Monopoly, we all looked tearful and my hair was a mess - what a night!! And I lost Monopoly as I usually do :(

But I'm really happy all of that happened because it in the end, cheered us all up :) I just hope it doesn't happen tonight because I need my beauty sleep :D

However today I'm hoping it'll be a good day :) I've finally started re-downloading The Sims 3 again (currently at 84%) and I am hoping that it'll work properly this time, because I'm really eager to play it again :) *sighs* hopefully it will work :)

I hope you all have a really wonderful fun day :)

Have a good one guys :)

Hugs <3

"quick edit" It works <3<3 YAY!!! :)

TheSims3_zpsbpuby9zz.png

One month of trying and it finally works :)

Matthew.
    Post edited by Sennie on
  • Tremayne4260Tremayne4260 Posts: 3,126 Member
    @Sennie It will be hard for the first few months, but it's good everyone was together and had a good time overall. Never be afraid to talk of the memories you all share and of the good times in the past. Just remember there is always light at the end of the tunnel. Never be afraid to cry. A good cry always makes you feel better afterward. :)

HUGS and much love to you and your family. <3
    Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning.
    Anemone7 wrote: »
    @Frogprincess_q GT improves TS4 style Family play a lot imo. But it does feel more like the size of a GP, so it's good that you paid half price.

I definitely wouldn't have paid full price. It's $50 in Australia. Ouch. I've yet to get a family going, my YA is exploring the party dynamics and although "party simulator" is not on my wishlist it is now actually a good party simulator. Going out clubbing with the group with the dancing skill and group dances is entertaining and there was no "List of Things to do for a Successful Outing" popping up. My sim is in the DJ and dancing club, Spin Masters, but hasn't made her own club yet. Not really sure what sort of club to make at this stage.

Windenburg is an appealling world, although I really want to rebuild a few lots and there aren't many empty ones.

As for starting a family: I'm not sure if I can stand to go through the whole baby jumping out of the crib thing again, maybe my sim should just adopt :grimace:

- Froggie
    1nr15n0.jpg
    WIP: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/851667/australian-world-version-1-0-uploaded/p1
  • Anemone7Anemone7 Posts: 3,950 Member
    edited April 2016
    @Frogprincess_q Something that really improved the neighbourhood for me was creating one club per age stage (age restriction). A learn&fun club for kids, a having-fun-though-being-broke-club for teens (swimming, hanging out at the fireplace, romancing etc...), a party club for young adults,, a parents-need-rest-too-club for adults and a chess-and-being-mean-to-youngfolks-at-the-park-club for elders lol. If you give them a place they usually hang out at, they will gather there automatically when you go there with your active family and that makes for a typical, lively neighbourhood.

ETA: I have a save file, that is only there to start new games. I have it since Newcrest, so I don't have to fill it everytime. The clubs are part of the pre-made save now.
    Post edited by Anemone7 on
    I'm pretty happy that my sims can finally go fishing as a group. Since my sims 2 days, fishing has been one of my favourite family-fun activities for nature/outdoors sims.

- Froggie
    1nr15n0.jpg
  • alyssasim87alyssasim87 Posts: 1,277 Member
    @sparkfairy1 and @Sennie Im so sorry you both are going through so much right now with your personal lives. Im sorry both of you lost someone you care about. Thats really hard to deal with. I hope things start to get easier for both of you soon. Hugs if its ok.

Im ok with this thread being about other things as well. I think this thread is important. I know I dont spend as much time on it as a lot of you do but when I need somewhere to talk its always here waiting for me. I havent really talked about my personal life on this site yet. But I would think that if I had Id probably find some support in this perticular thread with you all. Anyway just wanted to say what I am thinking.
    my origin id is simkitten87

Im a simmer forever <3
  • BlueBlack007BlueBlack007 Posts: 4,480 Member
    Thank you for your kind words Frogprincess_q , much appreciated, Happy Simming, :).
    Hey everyone :)

So today I got my Sims 3 working after a month of trying! Yikes it took a while, but it was definitely worth it in the end :) I started a new game and made my Sim a fireman, and I took some pictures for you all :)

Screenshot-5_zps1iz4qnck.jpg

Screenshot-9_zpsgrecufwy.jpg

Screenshot-4_zps7v1rs2de.jpg

Screenshot-10_zpsru5k18eq.jpg

My Sim hasn't had to deal with any fires yet, but he has got his athletic skill up to level 5 and has maintained the fire engine as well :) I'm hoping tomorrow he'll get to put out his first fire :) !

I've had a pretty good day today :) I had a bit of an upsetting moment mid-afternoon but I'm all ok now :) I'm just browsing the forums tonight and posting in different threads. Tomorrow though I'll be going out and looking for a job :)

I hope you all have a lovely day <3

Hugs.

Matthew.
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,518 Member
    Love the pics @Sennie I like playing firemen but they often end up bugging out in my games.

Good luck tomorrow, mate, and hugs back at ya <3

I did some work on Newcrest tonight. Only about another 4 houses to find and then I can start playing. But all these sims 3 pics are putting me in the mood for my sims 3 instead :)
    edited April 2016
    I loved the fireman flirt line of "I'm a fireman". I don't know why it amused me so much :lol:

Speaking of things that amuse me: last night I made my new (Sims 4) sim a romantic interest and I moved him into her house (I'm a very helpful matchmaker). She cooked up franks and beans for dinner and they flirted with each other across the table while umm being very flatulent. I know not everyone is a fan of the low-brow humour of the old green clouds, but it was cracking me up. Them striking sexy poses in between laughing at their own stinkiness.

No kids yet. I'm too busy trying to get a stupid tomato. I may resort to cheats, tomato soil is in buydebug, yes?

EDIT: I'd forgotten how strict the censor is over here :lol: huh. strike disables the plum filter?

- Froggie
    1nr15n0.jpg
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    EDIT: I'd forgotten how strict the censor is over here :lol: huh. strike disables the plum filter?
    Nope, editing the post only temporarily lifts it on your side.

So weird, well the word I used equates with foolish.

- Froggie
    1nr15n0.jpg
    Hello everyone just popping by to say... :)

GMMyFriendsHaveALovelyDayMouse.gif

I'm feeling really good today :) I'll be going for a job interview at 2:00pm at my village Nisa where hopefully I'll be one of those people who work behind the counter and serve the public, I'm not sure if I'd be any good at it but I guess the best thing I can do is try :)

I've also began work on a Sims story which I'm writing as a series, like how DVDs have series, this particular Sims story I am hoping will be very popular and will also hopefully have up to 3 - 5 series with 14 books in each one :) but we'll see what happens and how popular it is :)

Any-ho, I'll be off soon for this interview. I'm fairly hopeful as I know the owner of the shop as well as all of the staff, everyone's really nice there and there's a young girl, I think she's a year younger than me, but she likes Elvis as well so working with her would be nice :)

Have a good day everyone :) I'll be playing The Sims 3 later, so should have some more pictures soon :)

Hugs <3

Matthew.
  • MrHawkMrHawk Posts: 4,345 Member
    edited April 2016
    Wooooh I knew I could do it!

I worked out a way to make some of the decorative toys in TS3 playable. I tried it first with Koonzilla here.

Of course the animations aren't perfect because poor 'zilla is a little big bigger than the stuffed toys in the game, so it clips a little, and the stuffed toys themselves are animated, unlike 'zilla, but I really wanted to give the toddlers more toys.

5089659_orig.jpg

Now, there are quite a few decorative toys in the game I think I'll do. Depending on the size of them, they may not work very well.
    Does anybody have a favourite toy they'd like to see done?
  • bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    @MrHawk Awesome work!! I love the fire truck and for the life of me couldn't figure out why they couldn't do the zoom zoom thing with it. Hugging it would be weird though. Could you do it with Geoffrey(not sure I'm spelling that right) though?

@sennie Matthew, good luck on your interview. I gotta start doing the resume thing soon.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top