Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Bundle 3 coming June, GP3 coming May/June-ish? - Speculation

123457...Next

Comments

• catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    I just told Alexa to ask the magic 8 ball if there would be a Sims 4 Gamepack coming soon and her reply was Don't Count On It..
  • TomatplanteTomatplante Posts: 2,793 Member
    smoesie wrote: »
    In the first 18 months of Sims 3, there were 3 EPs, 2 Stuff Packs, and one World (not counting the World released at launch).
    In the first 18 months of Sims 4, there were 2 EPs + 2 GPs (= 3 EP equivalent), and 6 Stuff Packs.

Not seeing a big difference here.
    I feel like TS4 GPs are the equivalent of TS3 SPs, they both cost the same ($20) and add very few gameplay.

I feel like you and I have played very different things called "Sims 3" and "Sims 4" O_o

This. I can't understand that anyone would say the gamepacks have included very little gameplay. They've been waaay worth the money so far, and I'm very excited for the GPs to come.

Whether they're worth their price or not, I do not consider GP's to be half of an EP. Unless the EP reference is Get Together (which is pretty much a game pack with how little it brought to the game). So IMO 2 GP's do not equal 1 EP.

I haven't really compared GP-content to EP-content. But I have liked both the Game packs so far and prefer them a hundred times over Stuff packs, because gameplay is so much more worth it to me than stuff. GPs vs EPs is a different story, and you're probably right.
  • Simfan923Simfan923 Posts: 5,551 Member
    I wouldn't be surprised if we got the GP in May and a EP in September/October
    1FKDfKj.png
  • LukeLuke Posts: 642 Member
    smoesie wrote: »
    I probably formulated that wrong. :p I never meant that TS4 GPs are the same as TS3 SPs, they are not. I just think that one GP is far from half an EP (as you said), not even close. That's why I said (in the calculation/equation/thing) that 1 TS4 GP = 1 TS3 SP, I feel like that's closer to reality than 2 TS4 GPs = 1 TS4 EP. GPs add gameplay, but not much compared to EPs. You made it seem like at this point, TS4 has more or just as much content as TS3 had. That's simply not true.

I don't think TS4's GP's are the same as TS3 SP's, but GP's are much better than SP's.

OR came with 60+ objects (probably around 70), along with everything else like CaS items (80+), skills, rewards, traits, collectibles, etc. and then the gameplay mechanic of vacations.

High End Loft stuff came with 45 objects and 13 CaS items.

They are both worth the same as well, at $20.00. I don't think TS3 having more content means that TS3 had better content. It's hard to compare because TS3 never included gameplay mechanics outside of EP's (to my knowledge), but I think that the content TS4 has produced is better content than TS3. Spa Day is an amazing GP that added quite a lot ... I never got that from a TS3 SP.

TS4 has revamped the traditional concept of EP's/SP's/Store.

TS4 GP's are revamped TS3 SP's, and TS4 SP's supplement the TS3 store. It is more marketable to release larger volumes of content at a fixed price and a moderate pace rather than frequently releasing smaller volumes of content at varying prices. I think that we are definitely getting better deals with TS4 than we did with TS3. A lot of TS3 was overpriced in my opinion.

As to the amount of content it's easier to implement structures when they are rabbit holes opposed to implementing structures that may require specific actions/mechanics to function.
    Origin ID: Derpiez
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,232 Member
    edited April 2016
    I can't wait for April 24th... Game of Thrones Season 6 :) I will forget The Sims 4 during 10 weeks.
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    I just told Alexa to ask the magic 8 ball if there would be a Sims 4 Gamepack coming soon and her reply was Don't Count On It..

Who's Alexa?
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
    Sigzy05 wrote: »

Who's Alexa?

I think its the Amazon Echo device. Kind of like Siri.
    1FKDfKj.png
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Simfan923 wrote: »

Who's Alexa?

mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    No GP03 announced today then no pack released this month.

Just because it's not announced this week doesn't mean it can't be released this month.
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

Who's Alexa?

No Problem :smile:
    1FKDfKj.png
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,232 Member

Just because it's not announced this week doesn't mean it can't be released this month.

I already heard this sentence in March :p

Okay here's what I was thinking. Hear me out. I believe 99% that something is going to be announced this month. Why? Because SimGuruDrake said she'll put an excited gif on the Monday of the week that something will be announced. If nothing was going to be announced this month she could have just gone about with her no gifs, or she could have stayed quiet about it. The fact that she told us this ahead of time makes me believe that something is coming this month.

Okay here's what I was thinking. Hear me out. I believe 99% that something is going to be announced this month. Why? Because SimGuruDrake said she'll put an excited gif on the Monday of the week that something will be announced. If nothing was going to be announced this month she could have just gone about with her no gifs, or she could have stayed quiet about it. The fact that she told us this ahead of time makes me believe that something is coming this month.

Or she was tired of always having to post a no gif every week and decided that instead of doing that, she would post an excited gif of which was the sure fire sign that there would be something to be excited about. And there's nothing that says that it will be any Monday this month. It could be next month.
    1FKDfKj.png
  • GaiaPumaGaiaPuma Posts: 2,278 Member
    edited April 2016
    I have a thought. The sales for origin sims EPs and basegame ends on 11th April next monday.

I think is a chance to let people pick the old stuff before they announce new bigger DLC. Once you announce or expect something new or better like restaurants, generations, whatever they do, the attention will be turned to the new DLC. So, makes sense to have some sales right in the end of the old/beginning of the new FY (fiscal year just started in April).

Then the patch that takes the eggs away is this month prob around 25th April. I guess we might have an announcement after April 11 or even around patch time.

Prob GP won't come before end april/ begin may, but we might hear something about it after the big spring sales ends in 11th April :) I think.

Or she was tired of always having to post a no gif every week and decided that instead of doing that, she would post an excited gif of which was the sure fire sign that there would be something to be excited about. And there's nothing that says that it will be any Monday this month. It could be next month.

I understand that, but if it's not going to be for this month why say anything at all? She could have gone back to being silent or just responding with no like she did before.

I understand that, but if it's not going to be for this month why say anything at all? She could have gone back to being silent or just responding with no like she did before.

True she could've but maybe she doesn't know when the go ahead to say something is coming this month at all. For all we know she's just as much in the dark about the announcement like we are. Remember she doesn't actually work on the game so my guess is she won't know when to give us an excited gif until they say she can.
    1FKDfKj.png
  • sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member

True she could've but maybe she doesn't know when the go ahead to say something is coming this month at all. For all we know she's just as much in the dark about the announcement like we are. Remember she doesn't actually work on the game so my guess is she won't know when to give us an excited gif until they say she can.
    SimGuruDrake is in the loop on the game, even though that she doesn't make any part of it. She will let us know when they might give the official announcement when she is given the okay to do so. ;)

I just hope we get something. Two months with nothing is a long time (for me), and those challenges don't count.

I wouldn't be surprised if we got the GP in May and a EP in September/October

As long as they filll in the Summer months with Stuffpacks. If we only get 1 EP this year I'm going to get worried.

Who's Alexa?

Voice assistant for amazon echo,tap and dot.