Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Help the Dev team! Retail Saves

Comments

• JuanaJuana Posts: 840 Member
    I would've loved to use the retail part of the game but every time I've built a store up, it said I didn't have enough funds to open a store. Eventually I gave up. Don't have the energy to reinstall the game every time something comes up!
  • Krisha880Krisha880 Posts: 1,553 Member
    I wish our sims would have the option to rent retail space and not only buy it!
  • GaiaPumaGaiaPuma Posts: 2,278 Member
    Juana wrote: »
    I would've loved to use the retail part of the game but every time I've built a store up, it said I didn't have enough funds to open a store. Eventually I gave up. Don't have the energy to reinstall the game every time something comes up!

@Juana You can use the cheat "freerealestate on" and then you can afford the store (type the cheat after you pick the choice to buy a retail store in the phone and when it takes you to the screen to pick the shop). Since we can't rent a store but only buy it.
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited April 2016
    Hello everyone!

I’ve got something a bit different for you today :)

The team is constantly looking at ways they can improve the game and one of the items we are currently looking at is the retail system. We are interested in getting save files from those of you that have used retail for any length of time (as long as you’ve played with it even for a little bit it would help). Your save files will be helpful to allow us to make your gaming experience better.

If you’d like to provide us with a file feel free to respond with a download link here or you can send the link via PM :)

Happy Simming!

Is this real? Is THIS REAL? WHEN WAS THIS POSTED? SO THERE IS HOPE FOR GTW AFTER ALL.....
    tumblr_n8tqcqPhPB1thowlgo1_250.gif
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
    I wouldn't get too excited guys. If they are asking for save files and not for what we want to see fixed/improved then it's because they are looking to tweak small things that are already in the game and not add new things like working cash registers, home business, etc. Which is sad, but oh well.

I just want shopping bags....

211691_original.gif
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • MicemSimsMicemSims Posts: 463 Member
    edited April 2016
    I don't have a save file I can give you right now, but I essentially would like it to be very similar Open for Business, or just like OFB altogether. That is my all time favourite expansion pack and I could spend hours on end playing with the OFB retail system. That's what I was really hoping the retail system in GTW would be like.

I would really like to have the following implemented:
    • Home businesses, which for me is a must.
    • Ticket booth so I can own a nightclub or a gym etc.
    • Rank system and customer loyalty system.
    • Working cash registers and shopping bags where the customers can line up. Maybe if they get tired of waiting and it's taking too long they can do what they did in OFB and drop their shopping bags and walk out.
    • Customers being able to sit down and eat in bakeries.
    • Employees that actually do what they are suppose to do.
    • Maybe bring back some of the special interactions you could unlock like determining what the customer was wanting to buy, look for mark etc.
    • Setting individual items or grouping items together and setting their markup. For example some items in the store will have a 25% markup and others will have a 100% markup.
    • If your Sim is a retail owner, maybe they can have that as their job title. It's especially annoying when we have Sims who have the ambitious trait and own a retail store, yet they still want a career and get tense or sad.
    • Maybe we can have our Sims apply for jobs in the retail stores, even if they act like NPC Sims.

This is probably asking for too much, but those are my suggestions of what I would love to see implemented into the retail system for the Sims 4. I think it's great that you are looking for our opinions and feedback! :)

Edit: Just seen the most recent comments from the gurus. There goes some of my hope.. :(
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited April 2016
    omg, If I could find my saves (not sure where I put them when I moved over to a new pc this Jan.) I would send them. This is good news to me. Hope many, many people participate in this to get it worked out. Thank you @SimGuruDrake, this is actually exciting news to me. Love OFB, and would love to see the GTW improved concerning retail.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • XopaxPaxXopaxPax Posts: 1,769 Member
    So they are not going to add new features?
    Then, i don't care.
    tenor.gif
    XopaxPax wrote: »
    Then, i don't care.

If it allows a smoother experience and better employee and costumer AI I care, but I really wanted what I and some players posted in here.... :\
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    XopaxPax wrote: »
    Then, i don't care.

Sometime you need to respect what others went
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • LoveMcQueen5683LoveMcQueen5683 Posts: 3,689 Member
    Just to clarify SimGuruDrake's request, the improvements we're making are mostly code rewrites to improve performance.

Any long term save data you can give us not only helps us test the performance of improvements, but also helps us prevent new bugs from being introduced, so please do send your saves to SimGuruDrake!

I thought so. If your going to improve anything though, get customers to stop talking in a big sweaty horde of gossiping Sims and prevent employees from mingling with customers because it isn't cool.

But you should really listen to the ideas in this thread.
    LR3g0ni.jpg
  • 23456672345667 Posts: 6 New Member
    I really would like to help out and upload my sims 4 save file, but I don't know how to PM someone on the forums. Could someone help me?
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Make it like Sims 2 the current retail system is horrible I wont even use it not fun at all.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • nanashi-simsnanashi-sims Posts: 4,140 Member
    edited April 2016
    Just to clarify SimGuruDrake's request, the improvements we're making are mostly code rewrites to improve performance.

Any long term save data you can give us not only helps us test the performance of improvements, but also helps us prevent new bugs from being introduced, so please do send your saves to SimGuruDrake!

@SimGuruDrake and @SimGuruMegs, so this is to speed up performance, i.e., speed, routing, game loading, etc. and not to improve the game play itself, viz., suggestions are a waste of typing because as far as the EA team is concerned this game is done?

Please confirm :confused:

Just started playing GTW, and don't want to waste time posting suggestions if you guys have no choice but to ignore them.
  • CiarassimsCiarassims Posts: 3,547 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    I wouldn't get too excited guys. If they are asking for save files and not for what we want to see fixed/improved then it's because they are looking to tweak small things that are already in the game and not add new things like working cash registers, home business, etc. Which is sad, but oh well.

211691_original.gif
    This gif is going into my folder of reactions to ea disappointing me as well as my disappointed nicki and nene :):):)
    giphy_1.gif
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    2345667 wrote: »
    I really would like to help out and upload my sims 4 save file, but I don't know how to PM someone on the forums. Could someone help me?

I think @SimGuruMegs or @SimGuruDrake has to PM you first because you're a New Member. But they're tagged about it now :)
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • AulericAuleric Posts: 2 New Member
    I have a save I could share with a few hundred hours of time logged, and a huge chunk of that was spent running my retail store. I tried to PM @SimGuruDrake but I didn't have the permissions to do so... I haven't been super active on this forum so I don't really have the permissions to do anything it looks like! :smile: I'd love to help though.
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited April 2016
    Bummer. I was really hoping for a cash register to have an additional option for routing check out and home businesses. :( I was hoping for lemonade stand and toy making machine too for the kiddos. Oh well. Still nice the retail routing issues are being fixed. The Sims 4 has a lot of routing issues.
    Post edited by Scobre on
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • KeyserFnKeyserFn Posts: 1,424 Member
    They should've did the retail system like sims 2 with the register
    b96a6288-80b2-4a90-b4f2-d0ff50a849e2.jpg~original

Origin gtgirl1999
    twitter @gtgirl_99
  • axel1015axel1015 Posts: 952 Member
    I find myself not even using the retail system because I cannot open a store on my home lot. It's just so much easier that way. If that is any way do able, please do!
    FreshLion55 on the Gallery! Happy simming! >:)
  • LadyTachunkaLadyTachunka Posts: 1,454 Member
    axel1015 wrote: »
    I find myself not even using the retail system because I cannot open a store on my home lot. It's just so much easier that way. If that is any way do able, please do!

i agree with you i miss having homestores and then if possible have a thing so that you can lock costumers out of your house but let guess be able to come into the house. that was the only thing that bother me when i played the sims 2 that you couldn't ;ock it so the costumers would walk into your home unless you did the household. i wouldn't be able to have guess into my house or have my sims boyfriends or girlfriends in the house

i've had a couple of retail stores but i loved the homeones :blush:
    8a35839c629b9a9f3643198909b278c0.gif Been simming since the end of sims 2~Sims Gallery ID:BSAAWaifu
  • bythedreadwolfbythedreadwolf Posts: 832 Member

Figured as much. Too bad people got their hopes up thinking you were actually looking to improve features.

Sigzy05 wrote: »

211691_original.gif

I just wanted OFB 2.0 :( I don't think I will ever open a store with GTW because of the annoying tablet paying system. It just doesn't feel like a store at all, it's more like an art gallery or something. I had plans to make a little grocery store for my sim's grandma and I just can't imagine seeing her with a friking tablet going after customers. Sigh...
  • GviperGviper Posts: 45 Member
    > @SimGuruMegs said:
    > Just to clarify SimGuruDrake's request, the improvements we're making are mostly code rewrites to improve performance.
    >
    > Any long term save data you can give us not only helps us test the performance of improvements, but also helps us prevent new bugs from being introduced, so please do send your saves to SimGuruDrake!

Wow, what a B-U-M-M-E-R...
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top