Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How are you liking the worlds in Sims 4 so far?

Hi All

I'm interested to see how you all feel about the current worlds in Sims 4?

Do you think there's enough lots? Do you like the themes?

Personally I really like Windenburg. The world has been done so well. The developers have definitely set themselves a benchmark.
Aussie_Simmer

Comments

• PixelsimmerPixelsimmer Posts: 2,351 Member
    edited April 2016
    I really like them. They're beautiful. However I miss customization. I'd like to be able to at least choose the backdrop (I know there are some mods for that) and the areas surrounding the different sub-hoods. For example Id love to create a city neighborhood but it's currently impossible for me since skyscrapers and city buildings would not look good in any of the current neighborhoods, all of which have a suburban feeling to them. If in-game customization (TS2 style) is not possible I wish they would at least release a CAW tool so that modders could create custom worlds.
  • Colton147147Colton147147 Posts: 10,453 Member
    10/10 best worlds ever. o:)
    Your Justine Keaton Enthusiast and the Voice of the Sims Community.
  • GaiaPumaGaiaPuma Posts: 2,278 Member
    The countryside in Windenburg is my favorite and the island too!
  • jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    Windenburg is the best world we've had so far imo.
    Just so incredibly detailed and so much history surrounding it.

Oasis Springs and Willow Creek are good and bad. Some of the Neighborhoods like the ones where the Goths live, or the Calientes live are really good.
    And then the community area of Willow Creek, the cheap area of Willow Creek and the area where the Landgraabs live, have too many 2D backdrops and it ruins the whole illusion.

Newcrest is mostly ugly imo. I mean it's alright, but the buildings in the background look wayyyy to fake. Nothing looks real.

If the rest of the Sims 4 has the quality of Windenburg, then it will be amazing. No more obvious 2D blurry sprites. More 3D! Or if it has to be 2D, make it really detailed.
  • LunaNovaLunaNova Posts: 1,239 Member
    I personally like them all. I use each one for diffrent stories. Windenburg has given me hope that worlds in the future will be more diverse!
    tumblr_ox7j4tmNjd1wqkiw6o1_1280.png
    //Sims Tumblr Here-MoonPhase Simblr//Berry Sims Here- MoonBerry Sims//
    Let me make you a cute forum avatar [Closed right noww!! will re-open closer to cats and dogs!] //
  • AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    edited April 2016
    I only like Winderburg. The two that came with the base game have aged badly, Newcrest is no different and Magnolia Promenade is a joke.
    I still use them because I need the space but if I wouldn't play rotational I would only play in Winderburg.
    There isn't enough lots in general and I miss being able to add and remove lots very much. Change their size, moving them from vertical to horizontal. All that.
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • EpicSimsEpicSims Posts: 397 Member
    I also like Windenburg the most because there are most lots and all different kinds of venues compacted there. My second choice is Oasis Spring because of its beautiful scenery with streams and green green trees here and there.

Oh plus when I saw the Magnolia something for the first time, I was like "What the heck.." since it's just literally "what the heck" if you know what I mean. There are just four retail stores(techinically just four lots).. even though the world is - as far as I believe - supposed to be like a commerce metropolis. (No..!?)

Besides, I personally hope that game players can create their own worlds and can choose the SIZE and the number of lots in one world in ts4 JUST LIKE TS2.
    I mean, WHY aren't we not allowed to choose the size of the lots !!? Lack of freedom...it is.
  • BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    I like them all. Even the secret lots. I do hope we get other unique worlds. Some people want tropical, but I'd love something darker, similar to a mixture of midnight hollow and moonlight falls.
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    I'm not. I play mainly in Willow Creek, but the worlds feel underwhelming to me. That said, Windenburg was their best.
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • SupersonicAvalancheSupersonicAvalanche Posts: 3,307 Member
    Windenburg is ok - But we still need more winter themed destinations/alpine towns - I´m thinking ski lift systems, snowmobiles, alpine rescue helicopters, search and rescue dogs, snowboarding, skiing - all in a beautiful snowy atmosphere...
    Z5yqGx5.png
  • Aussie_SimmerAussie_Simmer Posts: 2,623 Member
    Windenburg is ok - But we still need more winter themed destinations/alpine towns - I´m thinking ski lift systems, snowmobiles, alpine rescue helicopters, search and rescue dogs, snowboarding, skiing - all in a beautiful snowy atmosphere...

I'm thinking that those worlds will come with seasons or after seasons have been released.
    Aussie_Simmer
  • HeyItsTashieeHeyItsTashiee Posts: 172 Member
    I really like them.. Im loving Windenburg. Maybe there could be more lots, but im happy with the worlds. I cant wait to see what the next world will be and the inspiration behind it ..
  • SupersonicAvalancheSupersonicAvalanche Posts: 3,307 Member

I'm thinking that those worlds will come with seasons or after seasons have been released.

:) Yeah, hopefully... It´s just a bit worrying that so many sub-zero themes have been overlooked in previous sim-games - Winter could be awesome - but has so far always been limited to that 1/4 of one single EP...
    Z5yqGx5.png
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    Hi All

Personally I really like Windenburg. The world has been done so well. The developers have definitely set themselves a benchmark.

Love New Crest and Windenburg. WB lacks empty lots though.Oasis Springs and Willow Creek,Magnolia Promenade and Willow Creek are OK but not my favorites.
    Hi All

Love New Crest and Windenburg. WB lacks empty lots though.Oasis Springs and Willow Creek,Magnolia Promenade and Willow Creek are OK but not my favorites.

Thank you for your thoughts!
    Aussie_Simmer
  • SkobeeSkobee Posts: 2,864 Member
    I'm still in love with Oasis Springs, I love Windenburg aswell though but I just love the feeling of Oasis. I do hope however the worlds will be more like Windenburg however, since they did an amazing job with that one!
    Origin ID - RosyAngelina
    We need a tropical world next that is a destination location.
    We need a tropical world next that is a destination location.

Yes!!!
    Aussie_Simmer

Now your talking.
  • hannaaj22hannaaj22 Posts: 685 Member
    I would love to see snowy or tropical worlds too.

I do like the current worlds though. I would say Windenburg and Oasis Springs are my favourites.
    Leon Family Tree
    Origin ID: hannaaj22
  • FaberriesFaberries Posts: 1,354 Member
    I love them, I think they're all extremely beautiful in their own way. I just wish there was a few more lots
    Star Wind Flower Sun
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    edited April 2016
    Kind of over each world, I still tend to choose Willow Creek and Windenburg over Oasis, NewCrest, and Magnolia Promenade.
    don't know anything about Granite Falls

I have a love hate relationship with this lot especially in Windenburg
    screen_shot_2016_04_06_at_10_12_30_am_by_mphattyboi-d9y1lka.png
    First of all i think the lot should move forward and touch the road.
    second i think the lot should be shifted to the left a little more.
    thirdly turn it into a 30x40 lot

I kind of want an ocean front City World. Downtown commercial and Government buildings, like City Hall, a Bank, Park, Police Station, Shopping plazas, apartments, and then as you travel out had residential houses, and then Woodland and great lakes, all around the city, it would be like a national park, where sims could go jogging, practice Archery.
    and a Secret lot could be oh I don't know a Cliff side 64x64 lot, with an abandon mansion that rests on top of it, overlooking the woods, and City in the distance.

I really want the world I'm seeing in my head, would make a very fitting world for a Supernatural pack.
    Post edited by MasonGamer on
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    The worlds are nice but as far as space goes it lacks a lot being there is no customization and the lots are static.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • GaiaPumaGaiaPuma Posts: 2,278 Member
    I love Magnolia Promenade area too, makes me sad is so small though. But the palms with lamps and the joyous atmosphere, the boat by the dock. I really like it.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    Newcrest is my least favorite for ambiance, and I dearly wish I could edit the neighbourhoods there - this one very rectangular, plain park bugs me. I was happy for the lots, though.

I get frustrated that Magnolia Promenade never got added as the Willow Creek neighbourhood it's clearly designed as. I wish they'd find a way to fix that :/

I wish more Sims hung out in the Old Town part of Windenburg.

Otherwise, I'm really happy with the attention to detail in the worlds. I get good use out of the neighbourhood around lots - generally speaking small enough to get around and remember later, generally speaking big enough to have lots to find and lots of detail, and varied in size.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.