Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Daily Deal (DD) 2018 Rotation List and Sales Help

Comments

• EniracYEniracY Posts: 1,008 Member
    aF9mMl0.png

So this is my current breakdown for the current set, Live Laugh Love and yet it's not free. Can anyone explain to me why? :#
    'Understanding is half the battle. Fireballs are the other half.'
    - Acolyte Sousuke

'You can English in an English way all the way to the English'
    'Whether it rains, whether it snows, Sims now have weather, whatever the weather whether they like it or not.'
  • KevinL5275KevinL5275 Posts: 2,489 Member
    edited April 2016
    @EniracY Wow, that's strange. I don't have that answer. Did you view the collection from the daily deal screen or click on the set and view it from its own page? I've noticed the discount does not update on the daily deal page, until you click on the set and view it directly.

But I see from your signature you are a Guild Wars player, too? Awesome. :)

Update: Today I got the January 2012 collection on green download for free. Yay me! :) That means I finally have the cow plant and can have some fun with paparazzi. }:)
    I'm a 48 year old married man, with a beautiful wife, a cat, and a simverted personality.My Sims 3 Pictures
  • ajaxpostajaxpost Posts: 4,200 Member
    edited April 2016
    EniracY wrote: »
    aF9mMl0.png

So this is my current breakdown for the current set, Live Laugh Love and yet it's not free. Can anyone explain to me why? :#
    Hi @EniracY, this is because you already own some items in the set so you have a CYS discounted price and that discount is added to the Daily Deal (or Sale) discount.

The DD price of 728 is for anyone who owns nothing of the set but as you do have some 90% of the cost of those items you own is taken off that price to give you a final discounted price of 575.

As @KevinL5275 has said this is why we always recommend going to the set page and not just looking at the DD page to make sure you get your full discount.

You can see how your CYS on any sets you have parts of will improve your DD or Sale prices by using Elianahere's calculator - check out all the advice on combining discounts and using cascades in the help post http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/14402835/#Comment_14402835

NOTE: Only two discounts will be combined, either DD + CYS or Sale + CYS, the site does not combine Sale + DD + CYS :(

Edit: Yay! Go @KevinL5275, congrats on the FREE compilation, top stalking skills! :star:
    @KevinL5275 I did indeed play Guild Wars and have since moved on to Guild Wars 2 :smiley: Elementalist FTW.

This was on the set's own page. Bit odd and the deal's long gone now so I guess I'll wait until next time. Thanks @KevinL5275 and @ajaxpost for trying to help anyway :smile:
    - Acolyte Sousuke

'Whether it rains, whether it snows, Sims now have weather, whatever the weather whether they like it or not.'
    ajaxpost wrote: »
    No, sadly it is not possible to gift Store content when it is on sale :cry:

EA needs to update this, because it sounds like sale prices work in the wishlist:
    EA wrote:
    Please Note: The Complete Your Set discount does not apply in the Wish List. All set prices displayed here are either the current full price or sale price. Please visit the product page to see if you qualify for the Complete Your Set discount.
    I'm a 48 year old married man, with a beautiful wife, a cat, and a simverted personality.My Sims 3 Pictures
  • angeljess26angeljess26 Posts: 2,400 Member
    KevinL5275 wrote: »
    ajaxpost wrote: »
    No, sadly it is not possible to gift Store content when it is on sale :cry:

EA needs to update this, because it sounds like sale prices work in the wishlist:
    EA wrote:
    Please Note: The Complete Your Set discount does not apply in the Wish List. All set prices displayed here are either the current full price or sale price. Please visit the product page to see if you qualify for the Complete Your Set discount.
    I do believe originally you could gift the DD, back when some items would sell out within seconds. They found people gifting others on quick selling items caused others to miss out resulting in annoyed customers, so it got changed.
    As for gifting sale items I think you can only do it if they are in the first couple of items on the Wishlist.
    As of April 24th 2015 I joined the own the store club. Thank you to those who helped in my journey.
    DD spreadsheet

Studio
    edited April 2016
    @EniracY RE: live, laugh, love What is your normal CYS price? If this number is over 1103 (the estimated number in the CYS for free tab on the spreadsheet) the set would not be free.
    As of April 24th 2015 I joined the own the store club. Thank you to those who helped in my journey.
    DD spreadsheet

Studio
    @angeljess26 It's now at 1,675. I really should keep my spreadsheet updated with my CYS figures :blush:
    - Acolyte Sousuke

• Me1620Me1620 Posts: 4,983 Member
    @EniracY - To add to what ajaxpost and angeljess26 have explained. As angeljess wrote, your normal CYS (your CYS when the item is not on the DD or Sales page) needs to be 1103 for you to have gotten the green download button when Live, Laugh, Love was on the DD. Your normal CYS is 1,675. Your CYS less CYS to be free - 1675 - 1103 = 572 or rounded to the nearest "5" is 575 which was your CYS when deal 784 was up.
    a.k.a. - Jodi and a link to My Page on the Sims 3 website

To help you organize your stalking of the Daily Deal, please join us on the Daily Deal Rotation and Sales Help thread and please view the DD Spreadsheet
    Here is the list for the current deal and upcoming deals for just over the next 24 hours

Current Deal Started at Apr/3/16 3:19 PM UTC
    806 ) Suspending Suspenders / 23 / 75 / 69% / 2 hours
    Part of: Individual item; not part of any set
    This is the only time the item is offered on the DD

Upcoming Deals
    807 ) Hit the Bookshelf / 31 / 75 / 59% / 2 hours
    Part of: Front Row Center Bedroom; Front Row Center Bedroom + Wretched Threads

808 ) Full Regal Living Set / 528 / 1376 / 62% / 2 hours
    Not part of any other set or compilation; 1 item included in Sandy Shoals Sea Shanty
    Includes: Regal Living Bathroom Set; Regal Living Living Room Set; Regal Living Bedroom Set; Regal Living Dining Room Set; Regal Living Kitchen Set. The Full set includes a fence and two gates that are not available in any of the subsets.
    Repeat Deal: This is the least expensive price for this item (Less than # 511, # 266)

809 ) Futureshock Bedroom / 290 / 752 / 61% / 2 hours
    Not part of any other set or compilation
    Repeat Deal: This one of two deals with the least expensive price for this item (Same as # 839 but less than # 63, # 920, # 962)

810 ) Lovely Geisha Table Sculpture / 7 / 28 / 75% / 2 hours
    Part of: Japanese Inspired Living Compilation; Finest Living, Finest Cooking; December 2011 Compilation Set; The Monarch Suite

811 ) Zen Again / 332 / 842 / 61% / 2 hours
    Part of: World Inspiration Compilation
    Repeat Deal: This is a medium price for this item (More than # 52, # 928, but less than # 868, # 541)

812 ) Edwardian Expression Kitchen- Noble Nuker Microwave / 23 / 68 / 66% / 2 hours
    Part of: Edwardian Expression Kitchen Set; New Year, New Kitchen!; January 2012 Compilation

813 ) Carry a Torch for Me Mirror / 38 / 54 / 30% / 2 hours
    Part of: Jazz Age Living Room; Jazz Age Living Room + Jazz Age Wear; February 2011 Compilation

814 ) Wilderness Dreaming / 204 / 360 / 43% / 2 hours
    Part of: Animals Abound; Tip Top Toddler Collection; Best of 2010 Collection; Kids! 2010; 1 item included in Sandy Shoals Sea Shanty
    Repeat Deal: This is the most expensive price for this item (More than # 524, # 829)

815 ) Boho Vintage Men's Collection / 517 / 990 / 48% / 2 hours
    Part of: October 2011 Compilation
    Repeat Deal: This is the most expensive price for this item (More than # 951)

816 ) Atomic Age Living and Dining / 782 / 1377 / 43% / 2 hours
    Part of: November 2011 Compilation Set; One item included in The Gentlemen's Lounge Collection
    Repeat Deal: This is a medium price for this item (More than # 248, but less than # 277 )

817 ) Little Princess Girl's Toy Box / 60 / 81 / 26% / 2 hours
    Part of: Critter Comforts; Critter Comforts & Forest Bedrooms; Kids! 2010

818 ) Faire Table Lamp / 14 / 25 / 44% / 2 hours
    Part of: Faire Folk Den; Faire Folk Furnishings (Slumber + Den); Faire Folk Furnishings + Attire; Make a Wish Compilation

Note: Before you purchase deal 819, you may wish to activate the Animal Abounds Cascade instead. Top o' the Tots Hairstyles and Headwear is part of Tip Top Toddler Collection which you can get free through the Animal Abounds Cascade. As posted by LadybugLeslie in her Cascade thread, buy one single item worth about 25 sp to initiate the CYS discount. She bought the Fuzzy Friend's Lamp Post (dd#293 for 7sp), then buy the Animals Abound Playground set for roughly 375 sp. Now go download the Tip Top Toddler Set (reg price 2,795 SimPoints) and Kids 2010 (reg price 4,950 SimPoints) sets for free.

819 ) Top o' the Tots Hairstyles and Headwear / 310 / 628 / 51% / 2 hours
    Part of: Fun for Kids of All Ages Compilation; Tip Top Toddler Collection
    Repeat Deal: This is the least expensive price for this item (Less than # 119)

To help you organize your stalking of the Daily Deal, please join us on the Daily Deal Rotation and Sales Help thread and please view the DD Spreadsheet
    Here is the list for the current deal and the upcoming deals for the next 24 hours.

Current Deal Started at Apr/5/16 2:19 AM UTC
    824 ) Front Row Center Bedroom + Wretched Threads / 800 / 1600 / 50% / 2 hours
    Includes: Front Row Center Bedroom; Wretched Threads
    Repeat Deal: This is the most expensive price for this item (More than # 375, # 861)

825 ) Safari Living Set / 371 / 548 / 32% / 2 hours
    Part of: Adventurous Life!; World Inspiration Compilation
    Repeat Deal: This is the most expensive price for this item (More than # 313, # 128)

826 ) Full Hewnsman Set / 1000 / 1980 / 49% / 2 hours
    Includes: Hewnsman Outdoor Set; Hewnsman Living Room Set; Hewnsman Bedroom Set; Hewnsman Dining Room Set
    Repeat Deal: This is a medium price for this item (More than # 903, but less than # 327, # 891)

827 ) Luxe Kidswears / 590 / 1000 / 41% / 2 hours
    Repeat Deal: This is the most expensive price for this item (More than # 746, # 589)

828 ) Island Escape Compilation / 1416 / 2400 / 41% / 2 hours
    Not part of any other set or compilation; some items included in Sandy Shoals Sea Shanty
    Includes: Island Villa; Tiki Outdoor Party; Tiki Living Room Set; Full Tiki Set; Tiki Dining Room Set
    Repeat Deal: This is the most expensive price for this item (More than # 833, # 582, # 233)

Before purchasing this deal, you may want to check out the Animals Abound Playground - Outdoor Fun Cascade.
    829 ) Wilderness Dreaming / 192 / 360 / 47% / 2 hours
    Part of: Animals Abound; Tip Top Toddler Collection; Best of 2010 Collection; Kids! 2010; 1 item included in Sandy Shoals Sea Shanty
    Repeat Deal: This is a medium price for this item (More than # 524, but less than # 814)

830 ) Haute Hacienda Kitchen- Hot Haute Hot Spice Rack / 13 / 25 / 48% / 2 hours
    Part of: Haute Hacienda Kitchen Set; Haute Hacienda Kitchen and Dining Room Compilation; Fabulous Fiesta!; April 2012 Compilation Set

831 ) Bohemian Garden / 901 / 1700 / 47% / 2 hours
    Not part of any set or compilation
    Repeat Deal: This is a medium price for this item (More than # 78, but less than # 177)

832 ) Grapes of Nectary Stove Hood / 21 / 45 / 53% / 2 hours
    Part of: Mediterranean Villa Kitchen/Dining; July 2011 Compilation Set; Charmingly Simple Kitchen Collection

This is a 3-hour deal
    833 ) Island Escape Compilation / 696 / 2400 / 71% / 3 hours
    Not part of any other set or compilation; some items included in Sandy Shoals Sea Shanty
    Includes: Island Villa; Tiki Outdoor Party; Tiki Living Room Set; Full Tiki Set; Tiki Dining Room Set
    Repeat Deal: This is the least expensive price for this item (Less than # 582, # 233, # 828)

834 ) Loads of Laundry / 504 / 1080 / 53% / 2 hours
    Includes: Ultra Lounge Laundry; I Heart the 50’s Laundry; Bayside Laundry
    Repeat Deal: This is a medium price for this item (More than # 447, # 399, but less than # 744, # 688)

835 ) Club Vaindenburger Relaxation (Den + Study) / 486 / 891 / 45% / 2 hours
    Includes: Club Vaindenburger Den; Club Vaindenburger Study
    Repeat Deal: This is the most expensive price for this item (More than # 790, # 471)

836 ) Rocket Johnny's Retro Ride / 80 / 198 / 60% / 2 hours
    Part of: Mid-Century Fantasy; Blast From the Past Compilation; May 2011 Compilation
    Repeat Deal: This deal is offered twice at the same sale price (Same as # 39)

My current CYS on the Island Escape is 95 points, so I should get it free on deal #828.
    Was it explained why some deals repeat so soon? #833 is the same Island Escape at a cheaper price. I'm guessing it was totally random and that's how it is.
    KevinL5275 wrote: »
    Was it explained why some deals repeat so soon? #833 is the same Island Escape at a cheaper price. I'm guessing it was totally random and that's how it is.
    Since none of us are on the store team, we don't know the logic used to create this list. It certainly appears random.

• simgeek79simgeek79 Posts: 2,173 Member
    @KevinL5275 your CYS for Island Escape is only 95 simpoints? According to Me1620's tab on the DD spreadsheet "CYS for Free", it only had to be 1534, looks like you waaay over spent... make sure you look at these numbers to avoid wasting your precious points on items and be sure to check your CYS on compilations often so that you don't buy things in the individuals sets that would end up costing you more than just getting the compilation. (e.g. buying a 100 point item in the Island Villa set when you could purchase the compilation for 95 or better yet free on the DD). I created a spreadsheet too way back when (it's in my opening post in the Weekly Sales Page thread in this forum) where I would put in the set I was working on and then figured out what items I needed in terms of point values that would get me to the required CYS for free. I would then see if any of those items were on the DD and buy them and if not, I would buy them and/or add them to my wishlist for others to help me get them. This way, points were spent on just what I needed and no more.

@Me1620 not sure how the ads are going in your neck of the Canadian woods, but mine have been nonstop! It's been crazy and I hate to leave my PC even for a minute and miss out on them. Although I do have a very sore elbow right now from clicking so much so maybe a break would be helpful. I've been able to give out multiple worlds and venues in the past few days, absolutely crazy, I've never experienced this before...hope I'm not jinxing things by saying this... :o

Have a great day everyone :kissing_heart:
    I now Own the Store!!...Thank you to everyone who helped me get here <3

Are u new to the Store? Then check out: the Daily Deal Thread
    - Cascades & Daily Deals & Love Kids Stuff? Check this out!
    simgeek79 wrote: »
    @KevinL5275 your CYS for Island Escape is only 95 simpoints? According to Me1620's tab on the DD spreadsheet "CYS for Free", it only had to be 1534, looks like you waaay over spent... make sure you look at these numbers to avoid wasting your precious points on items and be sure to check your CYS on compilations often so that you don't buy things in the individuals sets that would end up costing you more than just getting the compilation. (e.g. buying a 100 point item in the Island Villa set when you could purchase the compilation for 95 or better yet free on the DD). I created a spreadsheet too way back when (it's in my opening post in the Weekly Sales Page thread in this forum) where I would put in the set I was working on and then figured out what items I needed in terms of point values that would get me to the required CYS for free. I would then see if any of those items were on the DD and buy them and if not, I would buy them and/or add them to my wishlist for others to help me get them. This way, points were spent on just what I needed and no more.

I ended up owning 75% of the Island Escape by buying other things that cross over and cascaded. I didnt set out to own this compilation, its just happened. :) Now that I'm so close, I'll finish it when it comes on sale. I hope that makes sense.
    edited April 2016
    Ah yes @KevinL5275 - many of us had no intention of owning it all, it just sort of happens, resistance is futile :D

Me1620 always suggests when you acquire a new item to click on the details and if it's part of other sets / compilations it will show them at the bottom of your screen. You can use side way arrows to check out the different sets and see how that one item may have affected your CYS :)

ETA: In case anyone is interested in Sims 4, Origin has the base game and some EPs on sale - 50% off :)

FYI - I was able to gift a set last night that was at the top of their wishlist, I went into Origin to see what I paid and I paid the full price, not the listed sale price.
    I do believe originally you could gift the DD, back when some items would sell out within seconds. They found people gifting others on quick selling items caused others to miss out resulting in annoyed customers, so it got changed.
    As for gifting sale items I think you can only do it if they are in the first couple of items on the Wishlist.
    Post edited by simgeek79 on

@simgeek79 - I have not tried today, but my ads are certainly not in abundance. Going off to hunt some blue ad boxes.

Good luck @Me1620 I knew I would jinx myself, they've now run dry lol... I've cleared my browser history but hasn't made much difference.

@simgeek79 - I am getting the usual amount of ads. Lately, I am getting an ad for Charlotte Tilbury cosmetic company that does not give out any points.

Yes @Me1620 I got that one too and just refresh the screen as it never closes / pays out. Hope you get more of the others and less of those :smile:

• JohJoh Posts: 37 Member
    Me1620 wrote: »
    @simgeek79 - I am getting the usual amount of ads. Lately, I am getting an ad for Charlotte Tilbury cosmetic company that does not give out any points.
    simgeek79 wrote: »
    Yes @Me1620 I got that one too and just refresh the screen as it never closes / pays out. Hope you get more of the others and less of those :smile:

I can relate... I'm starting to see red when I get a run of those pink ads... :neutral:
    Here is the list for the current deal and the upcoming deals for the next 24 hours.

Current Deal Started Apr/6/16 5:19 AM UTC
    837 ) Floral Fruits / 10 / 19 / 47% / 2 hours
    Part of: Romanza Ceremony + Reception; Romanza Ceremony, Reception + Attire

Upcoming Deals
    838 ) Feathered Table Sculpture / 7 / 28 / 75% / 2 hours
    Part of: Indulgent Living; Indulgent Living + Luxe Loungewear; The Monarch Suite

839 ) Futureshock Bedroom / 290 / 752 / 61% / 2 hours
    Repeat Deal: This one of two deals with the least expensive price for this item (Same as # 809 but less than # 63, # 920, # 962)

840 ) Dimensional Dress / 38 / 75 / 49% / 2 hours

841 ) Once Upon a Time Cottage- Quaint Kitchen Island Counter / 28 / 39 / 28% / 2 hours
    Part of: Once Upon A Time Cottage; Happily Ever After; Make A Wish Compilation

842 ) Gothic Glamour Living Room- Aichmophobia Despair Loveseat / 53 / 81 / 35% / 2 hours
    Part of: Gothic Glamour- Living Room Set; Gothic Glamour- Living Room and Home Office Collection; Oh My Goth! Compilation; May 2012 Compilation Set; Technophobe No More

843 ) Through the Spy Glass / 306 / 601 / 49% / 2 hours
    Part of: Fortune's Folly Compilation
    Repeat Deal: This is a medium price for this item (More than # 425, but less than # 875, # 211)

844 ) Demeter's End Table / 23 / 41 / 44% / 2 hours
    Part of: Muse Luxury
    Repeat Deal: This is the most expensive price for this item (More than # 356, # 396, # 231)

845 ) Haute Hacienda Kitchen Set / 188 / 608 / 69% / 2 hours
    Part of: Haute Hacienda Kitchen and Dining Room Compilation; Fabulous Fiesta!; April 2012 Compilation Set

846 ) Cushy Cushion Sofa / 51 / 81 / 37% / 2 hours
    Part of: Ultra Lounge Living Set; Full Ultra Lounge Set; Ultra Lounge 2010; Best of 2010 Collection

@simgeek79 yer I meant that you would pay full price but could only gift them if those sale items were higher on the Wishlist
    DD spreadsheet

Studio
  • Pugslover4Pugslover4 Posts: 2,849 Member
    Hey peep, glad almost everyone got the DD! Got quick question... do I need to download pet shop again? Cause they are missing the register and replace it with microwave. Not happy. At least I own all the store item. :wink::smiley:
    9cac0e69-be99-4238-b1c8-e9ef2f5d7718_zps38d42068.jpg
    I owned the store! Yahoo!
  • trithonetrithone Posts: 1,406 Member
    edited April 2016
    Here are the current and upcoming deals for the next 24 hours. In this section of the rotation we will see the best price on the Sizzle Baby Pro Deep Fryer and the solo appearance of the Make a Wish Compilation. Happy Shopping!

Current Deal:
    847 ) Everyday - Cool Summer Nights / 714 / 1386 / 48% / 2 hours
    Part of: July 2011 Compilation Set
    Repeat Deal: This is the most expensive price for this item (More than # 778 but same as # 76)

Upcoming Deals:
    848 ) Haute Hip / 466 / 859 / 46% / 2 hours
    Not part of any other set or compilation; 1 item included in Sandy Shoals Sea Shanty
    Repeat Deal: This is the most expensive price for this item (More than # 747)

849 ) Sizzle Baby Pro Deep Fryer / 140 / 542 / 74% / 2 hours
    Part of: Fabulous Fiesta!; April 2012 Compilation Set
    Repeat Deal: This is the least expensive price for this item (Less than # 795, # 376, # 529)

850 ) Africa Inspiration Collection / 518 / 1309 / 60% / 2 hours
    Part of: Adventurous Life!; World Inspiration Compilation
    Repeat Deal: This is a medium price for this item (More than # 873, but less than # 310, # 369)

851 ) Uber Sani-Sim Toilet / 216 / 467 / 54% / 2 hours
    Repeat Deal: This is the most expensive price for this item (More than # 476, # 644, # 921, # 923)

852 ) Luxe Lounge Spa / 231 / 473 / 51% / 2 hours
    Part of: August 2011 Compilation
    Repeat Deal: This is a medium price for this item (More than # 166, # 423, but less than # 609, # 590, # 61)

853 ) Make a Wish Compilation / 2622 / 4077 / 36% / 2 hours
    Not part of any set or compilation
    Includes: Once Upon a Time Cottage; Happily Ever After Clothing and Hairstyles; Happily Ever After; Faire Folk Furnishings + Attire; Full Storybook Set

854 ) Fifi Youth / 40 / 75 / 47% / 2 hours
    Part of: Rebel Just Because; I Heart The 50's

855 ) Mid-Century Modern Bathroom- Sinkomatic / 20 / 72 / 72% / 2 hours
    Part of: Mid-Century Modern Bathroom Collection; When Worlds Collide Collection; Mid-Century Modern Bed and Bath Set; Blast From the Past Compilation; A Mid-Century Modern Trailblazer Set

856 ) Happily Ever After- Inside, A Princess Dress / 38 / 39 / 3% / 2 hours
    Part of: Happily Ever After Clothing and Hairstyles; Once Upon a Time Cottage; Make a Wish Compilation

857 ) Faire Folk Attire / 370 / 669 / 45% / 2 hours
    Part of: Faire Folk Furnishings + Attire; Make a Wish Compilation
    Repeat Deal: This is the most expensive price for this item (More than # 93)

858 ) Haute Hacienda Kitchen- Talavera Tile Counter / 21 / 50 / 58% / 2 hours
    Part of: Haute Hacie
    nda Kitchen Set; Haute Hacienda Kitchen and Dining Room Compilation; Fabulous Fiesta!; April 2012 Compilation Set
    Repeat Deal: This is the most expensive price for this item (More than # 351)

859 ) F.L. Dining Table / 29 / 48 / 40% / 2 hours
    Part of: Regal Living Dining Room Set; Full Regal Living Set
    a.k.a. Samantha (though Sam is just fine, too. Also, Simmantha, according to my husband.)

Thanks to a lot of amazing sim friends I have owned the store for a while now. If you'd like to help out a really good friend of mine who just started playing the game, here is his wishlist. Thanks!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top