Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Writers' Lounge - For All Games!

Comments

• CharmingMaruskaCharmingMaruska Posts: 1,051 Member
    MadameLee wrote: »
    @CharmingMaruska what excatly are people talking about here?

About @Marialein idea! She shared a few super interesting facts about her country (Austria) and asked us to do the same. And I love it. I hope you'll share some about Canada :smile: I would love to learn more about that place.
  • VanityHighVanityHigh Posts: 1,300 Member
    Just dropping this off before I head off for the night.

Night guys :heart:

G1CH2_zpsva5mukkc.jpg
  • MarialeinMarialein Posts: 2,885 Member
    I finished my cookbook and now I wanted to show you a few pics of it. It is about gluten free nutrition and it is in German.
    I wrote all the recipes and made the photos from the dishes and the book itself.

9Y4Jzec.png

2y7blEI.png

HHFz6Rd.png

l7l7HSN.png

77eHCIq.png

tJO8UnQ.png

fWPf7gm.png
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,750 Member
    @Marialein

My Country: Canada

1) Well Canada's current prime minster (Justin Trudeau) is the son of a former Prime Minster (Pierre Trudeau)

2) The drinking ages any (province/territory) which is not Alberta, Quebec or Manitoba, their drinking age is 19 (Manitoba, Alberta or QB's drinking age is 18)

3) a lot of movies which are supposedly set in the U.S. are actually filmed in Toronto (My Big Fat Greek Wedding movies are an excellent example)

4) We got rid of the penny a couple of years ago

5) Canada's motto is "From Sea to Sea"

6) the inventor of Basketball James Naismith, was a Canadian

7) 5 pin bowling was invented in Canada and by a Canadian

8) Quebec traditionally have their "Moving Day" on what is for the rest of the Country is "Canada Day"

9) In the Dawson City, Yukon, you can get a "Sourtoe drink" (yes it does have a toe in it)

10) Our official languages are English and French (only one problem here I see-in any province which isn't Quebec, signs have to be in both French (French is 2nd) AND English (1st) but Quebec doesn't abide by the same rule 'backwards')

11) Alex Trebex, Celine Dion, Lucy Maud Mongtemary-sp?, Peter Mansbridge (news caster), Avril Lavigne are a few famous people who all are Canadians

12)Quebec City is the only city in North America which is a walled City

13) Superman's alter ego Clark Kent has a Canadian connection Daily Planet, is named after Toronto's Star old name, Daily Star, which one of the two Superman creators (can't remember which)-used to deliver when he lived in Canada
    6adMCGP.gif
  • CitizenErased14CitizenErased14 Posts: 12,187 Member
    Haha good point @CharmingMaruska ! Okay for you and @Marialein here are some random things about my state, Maine. (Note: I did not research these facts, they're just things I know about my state. And most of them will not make you want to live here or visit here :lol:)

1. Maine is the most heavily-forested state in the US. Something like 90% of my state is forest. So if you love camping and the wilderness, it's a great place to visit!

2. Because of fact #1, the population density in Maine is very uneven. I don't know the percentage, but the vast majority of people (including myself) live in the south of my state. About halfway up, it's basically all forest (see fact #1)

3. Speaking of population, Maine is both the "oldest" and "whitest" state in the US :lol: Our average age is higher than any other state in the in the US, and we also have the highest percentage of Caucasians.

4. Our top products are lumber (see fact #1), lobster, and blueberries

5. We don't have the HIGHEST snowfall rate in the US, but we are up there as having some of the worst winters

6. We have a lot of beaches and a beautiful, rocky coastline

7. There are lots of moose living in Maine

8. There are lots of lighthouses.

9. The leaves are very beautiful in the fall

10. I am out of facts :lol:

So if you want to meet a bunch of old white people in the woods for some lobster and a slice of blueberry pie, come to Maine? :lol:

Nah, it's an okay place to live, very beautiful :)
    snvAF3B.png
    Haha good point @CharmingMaruska ! Okay for you and @Marialein here are some random things about my state, Maine. (Note: I did not research these facts, they're just things I know about my state. And most of them will not make you want to live here or visit here :lol:)

1. Maine is the most heavily-forested state in the US. Something like 90% of my state is forest. So if you love camping and the wilderness, it's a great place to visit!

2. Because of fact #1, the population density in Maine is very uneven. I don't know the percentage, but the vast majority of people (including myself) live in the south of my state. About halfway up, it's basically all forest (see fact #1)

3. Speaking of population, Maine is both the "oldest" and "whitest" state in the US :lol: Our average age is higher than any other state in the in the US, and we also have the highest percentage of Caucasians.

4. Our top products are lumber (see fact #1), lobster, and blueberries

5. We don't have the HIGHEST snowfall rate in the US, but we are up there as having some of the worst winters

6. We have a lot of beaches and a beautiful, rocky coastline

7. There are lots of moose living in Maine

8. There are lots of lighthouses.

9. The leaves are very beautiful in the fall

10. I am out of facts :lol:

So if you want to meet a bunch of old white people in the woods for some lobster and a slice of blueberry pie, come to Maine? :lol:

Nah, it's an okay place to live, very beautiful :)

is it ironic that Once Upon a Time's Storybook 'state' is actually suppose to be Maine, but in reality it's really a town in British Columbia?
    6adMCGP.gif
  • MarialeinMarialein Posts: 2,885 Member
    @CitizenErased14 I like the nature. Actually the place I live is between three lakes and it is very beautiful here. Old houses, lots of trees, a little "castle" (it is not the typical castle type), little mountains to take a walk and close to my village is a moor.
    @CitizenErased14 That sounds pretty awesome, actually. I mean blueberry pie? That alone is a good enough reason to visit :lol:
  • sunnyshaysunnyshay Posts: 2,927 Member
    sunnyshay wrote: »
    The 2nd part of the final dates is posted. Read on #teammaid #teamjenny. Tee-hee.

26218603945_5cbda72701_z.jpg

Ep. 2.13, Part 2 - Windenburg Delight

Robi and Isabella go sightseeing in Windenburg. And oh what a sight it was.

he looks like hes going to hit his head on the bottom f the pond. ps that means i like the pose.
    The 2nd part of the final dates is posted. Read on #teammaid #teamjenny. Tee-hee.

he looks like hes going to hit his head on the bottom f the pond. ps that means i like the pose.

I wish I could have got a shot of him in the air but my laptop wasn't having it. Plum lag.

i didn't mean it was a bad shot i liked it. i tried to take a picture of the andersons once and they moved. so i only got the couch.

Oh no. I know you meant it was a good shot. It's a great shot in my opinion. I was just airing my frustration with my laptop and how laggy this game is on here. Perhaps I should change the settings.
    Origin ID: Shar1W
  • moonswirlsmoonswirls Posts: 2,350 Member
    Hey everyone! How are you all?

I'm fine except for a lack of detail that my employment program forgot to mention in a budgeting activity we did today

Owch, I hope its going well though! x
  • SilverDaybreakSilverDaybreak Posts: 2,080 Member
    Hello again,

@MadameLee: Good list of Canadian things

@Everyone: Here are a few additional ones mainly from the Maritimes:

-The Maritime Provinces include New Brunswick, Nova Scotia and Prince Edward Island. If you add Newfoundland then we become the Atlantic Provinces.

-My hometown is Moncton, NB where I grew up and was born in Halifax before being adopted at the age of 6. Sorry the name of my current town of residence is censored here but it is listed on both my Facebook and Simbook accounts.

-A few years ago a I read a silly weird law that NB had: Driving through New Brunswick? Better stay off the roads -it’s apparently against the law to drive on them. - Oops, guess we all broke that one. I mean where else are we supposed to drive?

-New Brunswick is home to 'Beaver Tails' a delicious snack found at Magic Mountain in Moncton.

-Prince Edward Island is home to Anne of Green Gables by Lucy Maud Montgomery.

-The Cabot Trail on Cape Breton Island in Nova Scotia is a great place for a honeymoon.

- Our gas prices change every Wednesday night at midnight, for better or worse.

- The Atlantic Balloon Fiesta happens each year on the second weekend in Sept in my current hometown which I can't name here.

That's all I can think of at the top of my head.

Here is another update from one of my main legacy families after a long absence for Jessica Reynolds of Texan Trails:

https://silverscampfirestories.wordpress.com/2016/04/05/texan-trails-generation-2-texan-tribe-2/

@CathyTea, @aroseinbloom. @CitizenErased14's Sim husband, Rafael Connolly, @SimmerPT , and @ThePlumbob

Enjoy!
  • moonswirlsmoonswirls Posts: 2,350 Member
    My partner picked out parts for a high spec computer today! So verrryyy soon i'll be up, running, and ready to go in HIGH DEFINITIONNNN. #AlsoMaybeYoutube
  • ra3reira3rei Posts: 2,418 Member
    @RipuAncestor because of our discussion yesterday, the Huffmans now have an outdoor sauna.
    Check out Raerei's Fortress for Builds, Short Stories, and maybe some longer stuff.
  • friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member

i meant great shot.imeant great shot. because i didn't shop yesterday7

I wish I could have got a shot of him in the air but my laptop wasn't having it. Plum lag.

i didn't mean it was a bad shot i liked it. i tried to take a picture of the andersons once and they moved. so i only got the couch.

Oh no. I know you meant it was a good shot. It's a great shot in my opinion. I was just airing my frustration with my laptop and how laggy this game is on here. Perhaps I should change the settings.

i meant great. because i didn't shop yesterday theres not much food. jelly beans ,brownies peanut butter and jelly breadand eggs oh and cabury eggs. so im trying to figure out what lunch should be. which means i didn't eat when i posted before.
    Hey everyone! How are you all?

I'm fine except for a lack of detail that my employment program forgot to mention in a budgeting activity we did today

Owch, I hope its going well though! x

The budget activity was that we were living on our own and we had $125/wk (or $500/month) set aside for groceries. We are suppose to make a menu and then look though grocery store flyers, and then the final thing was to see what the groceries would cost. What they forget to mention (which was an extremely important detail to me), was whether we just moved out to this new place OR if we been living in the "place" for awhile.

Since they didn't mention till the end of the activity I assumed it was the latter of the two choices. So I didn't get much stuff since I was assuming that I would supplement what I already had 'at home' with the new stuff.
    6adMCGP.gif
    Just a little self-promo time, forgive me :tongue:

Two posts today: first one is not an actual post, it's my attempt to do a song short, @KitDragonFlight style! (Not sure if I did it right, but I just felt the need to tell where I stole the inspiration from. I hope that's okay.)

Chapter 26: So this is love

And the second one is just a regular post, although slightly filler-y and slightly more reflective/contemplative than I originally intended :lol:

Chapter 27: Journeys we share

End of shameless self-promo and I'm off to bed. Hope you're all having a wonderful day/evening :smile:
  • RipuAncestorRipuAncestor Posts: 2,332 Member
    @ra3rei Oh yeah! That's awesome! Huh, now I kind of want to go to a good old-fashioned outdoor sauna again... but I only have an electric, indoors one (and in the apartment I have to stay in during school weeks there's none so that's the really bad part) so I have to wait for the summer so I can get to one in a friend's summer cottage or something.

@CitizenErased14 Ooh, the forests and wintry winters of Maine sound a lot like home to me! And the moose too.
    doublebannerpic.jpg?w=676
    My Sims stories:
    The Fey of Life - fairytales in life are few and far between (Forum thread HERE)
    The Chrysanthemum Tango - a story about life, death, magic, and how to be a good landlady (Forum thread HERE)
    Forget-Me-Not - some things just refuse to stay buried; an Ambrosia Challenge story (Forum thread HERE)
    I need something really offensive for ("Queenbee" in my story to say to Jacob which makes Hannah want to start a duel with her)
    6adMCGP.gif
  • CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    i meant great. because i didn't shop yesterday theres not much food. jelly beans ,brownies peanut butter and jelly breadand eggs oh and cabury eggs. so im trying to figure out what lunch should be. which means i didn't eat when i posted before.

Sounds to me like you've got all the food groups covered:

Protein - [Cadbury] eggs
    Greens - jelly beans
    Fruit - jelly
    Grains - bread
    Fun - peanut butter and brownies

You're set! :)
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
    writer has a silly Harry Potter quote in her head and..its not even romantic. It was Dumbledore says when he has to 'leave' Hogwarts during the events of book 2. "I'm never truly gone, from (Hogwarts-replace with home/you), help will always be given to those who ask for it."
    6adMCGP.gif
  • friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    CathyTea wrote: »

Protein - [Cadbury] eggs
    Greens - jelly beans
    Fruit - jelly
    Grains - bread

you get me. i wonder if coffee is a food
  • JLBDreamerJLBDreamer Posts: 622 Member
    edited April 2016
    I see the facts and I think I'll do one on California since people think they know about it.

1) CA has pretty much every habit known to man within its borders from temperate coasts, forests, mountains, high desert, desert and even a small bit of rainforests in Northern CA.
    2) CA produces more produce than any other state and ships it all over and the abundance of fresh produce available is truly unique.
    3) We are the second largest producer of avocados in the world.
    4) There are festivals for just about anything in one place or another.
    5) Most of the technology used regularly now was produced here in Silicon Valley including where Apple, IBM and Microsoft got thier starts.
    6) We have the best Mexican food and if you've eaten it then nothing else but the real thing (from Mexico) compares.
    7) We eat a lot of sushi and many consider ours second best to Japan's.
    8) When we talk about how long it takes to get somewhere we count it in time not miles. (Ie "It's about an hour drive")
    9) Southern CA was built around cars and public transportation is bad though they finally are trying to improve it.
    10) We have 3 world-renowned art collections at the J Paul Getty, Norton Simon and Hearst Castle.
    11) Unless an earthquake is a 6.5 or above its no big deal since our construction standards are enough there's hardly structural damage.
    12) It regularly rains everywhere in CA and snows in CA depending on where you live.
    13) Not every city has movie stars living in them.
    14) All of the space shuttles and the stealth bombers were built in CA.
    15) Technology to produce the first atmosphere-skimming commercial planes is being built in the Mojave Desert in CA.
    16) There are just as many fat and unhealthy Californians as there are skinny healthy ones but our state is sighted as one of the most health conscious.
    17) CA air quality measures have been so effective in improving the air quality some other nations are studying the model.
    18) Californians generally class/and speak of themselves as Northern or Southern Californians because of the differences geographically, in weather and life style. No. California's 4 seasons are more pronounced where So. Californians generally do a lot more outdoors year round.
    19) CA who have moved away report having withdrawals from not having In and Out Hamburgers.
    20) CA produces many fine wines and Nappa Valley is famous for having so many vineyards.
    Post edited by JLBDreamer on
  • VIRTUALEEVIRTUALEE Posts: 2,507 Member
    @Schwepps loved your Disney Princess story I have a few questions for you so I will head over to 'Its Finished' Thread shortly Thanks again it was amazing fun!

• VIRTUALEEVIRTUALEE Posts: 2,507 Member
    It's mine (and @roseinblack69 's) birthday tomorrow! So excited! =)=)=)=)=)=)=)

Happiest of birthdays <3
  • CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    CathyTea wrote: »

Protein - [Cadbury] eggs
    Greens - jelly beans
    Fruit - jelly
    Grains - bread

you get me. i wonder if coffee is a food

It IS! It's medicine, too!
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top