Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Just wondering if this is normal for a vampire

SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
Hi everyone,

I have not played vampires in sims 2 to any extent yet but when I sent my sims for a meal downtown I saw the grand vampire on the other side of the street with a bat flying round his head despite him obviously not traveling that way, The bat then kept circling the other normal sim infront of the vampire like a scarf, pic below as its hard to explain lol Just wondering if its a bug?

UA64s4Q.png

I do have mods but have never experienced this before and otherwise my game seems okay but I want to be sure beforehand if its something that requires sorting...

Comments

• SataiDelennnSataiDelennn Posts: 1,265 Member
    That's, interesting, lol. I have no idea as I don't have any vampires (base game, no extensions, and I think someone said vampires are part of an expansion pack).

Maybe the bat is just being very friendly? lol
  • SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    @SataiDelennn

Yes I just commented on the other thread after I realized you are only playing with the base game so shall not repeat myself here lol I hope someone knows because I don't know the series well enough yet to know if something is a glitch or sign of corruption :'(
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    Hi :)

I've never seen it before. How many Vampires do you have?

It can mess up the game if Mrs. Crumplebottom is turned ... :(

edited April 2016
    @Rflong7

I only have 1 vampire I made specifically to try out that role but used cheats to make him a vampire rather than getting bitten as I read about how grand vampires can go on biting frenzies after an initial bite and after watching the above pair for a while there was no indication of the other sim being bitten just that bat floating around everywhere.

Afterwards he decided to go for a bite to eat in the restaurant where my sims are and the bat is always just in-front of him -)

Jcr03O4.png

now I am just searching for an error code as just after i took that last pic i got error code N001 under-defined transition for the count?? Do you have any idea what that could mean?

After posting the last pic I sent my only vamp sim downtown and there were no problems with that sim or any error messages at all, however after a few sim hours the countess vampire sim turned up with the same problem and a similar error code which I just cannot work out what it is or why my own vamp sim does not have the same problem?

zH3r9Bj.png
    Post edited by SPARKY1922 on
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    I sure don't, sorry. :(
    @Rflong7

No worries I will try and focus on what it could be tomorrow when i am less tired I just hoped someone might recognize it and know what causes it and what to do about it..
  • Seera1024Seera1024 Posts: 3,629 Member
    You say you have mods. The easiest way to test without having to worry about remembering to put your mods back in to see if it is mods is to literally rename your Sims 2 folder to anything. Just even add Original to the end of it. You don't even have to move it. This is also a good way to have two different theme games. A modern day game and a medieval game. So you can have your dirt road defaults for your medieval game and not have to keep adding and removing the mod in when you go from your medieval game to your modern game and back. Or for challenges that require you to remove mods that give advantages if you have any of those mods.

Load the game, go downtown at night and hunt out the count[ess]. The game will generate a brand new fresh The Sims 2 folder when it doesn't detect that one exists. If the problem persists, it's your game files and you'll either need to try a repair files if you are installed via Origin, or you get to do a complete reinstall if you're on discs.

If the problem goes away, it's either mods or neighborhood corruption.
    @Seera1024

Thanks for the logical info-) I was so tired yesterday all I could think about was trying to make it go away without moving anything-) I like the idea of the theme games as well. Today is now a new day and one way or another it will be sorted lol
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    No, that is not a TS2 problem so it must be something else, not sure what, maybe cc or mods if you had any or something else like a graphic card error. Not sure at all but in ten or eleven years of playing I have never witnessed those glitches. But now with the TS2UC you might see more bugs than we had in TS2 EPs because the bundles do not contain some needed patches the EPs got (that's a fact they are glitched) and they are in the TS2UC. Several come to mind like Fun With Pets with M&G installed can't place stairs next to a wall glitch. Might be a problem with newer graphic cards too, but if you have CC in game remove it first and try again to see if it happens.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
    @Cinebar

Thanks I have messed around with my mods and despite the bat infront of the vamps disappearing I am still getting constant objects errors so tomorrow is going to be spent going through a ton of CC-) I was hoping it would be a mod as that's easier for me work out lol