Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 Feedback Thread - come share yours

Comments

• ItsKiteyyItsKiteyy Posts: 121 Member
    edited March 2016
    I am liking the game so much more than I did when I first got it, but I still miss the little things that were taken out of TS3. They're literally tiny little things such as laying on the bed while reading a book, watching TV or just laying there for a rest, it's one little thing that made the game seem more realistic, in my opinion.

On the plus side, I have finally begun to explore the game in more depth and have used to community features a lot more too, and I think it is brilliant. However in regards to the world and the size of it, it would be better if it were bigger and had more business/community kind-of lots, such as shops, schools, work places and local areas for entertainment (basically like TS3), other than that, I can't really complain.

Still waiting for TS4 Pets though! ;)
  • TashasuarusTashasuarus Posts: 3 New Member
    •What you liked - I like how Sims have varied emotions and can now multitask and do things like engage in multiple group chats, so much easier to get Friendships up and maintain social ties. I LOVE how easy it is to now upload custom content to the game, and how loading screens are now significantly reduced, meaning I am more comfortable exploring the many towns and lots without feeling like it will take me an eternity to do anything. Weirdly, I also like how adult Sims can now go and chat to other Sims whilst they are using the toilet etc and don't get embarrassed if they are in a relationship etc but become mortified if not, it's more like real life and these weird and wonderful realistic little touches are what makes the Sims great.

•What you didn't like - I don't like that you cannot customise clothes, I find my Sims start to look too samey without this feature. I also dislike the whole no toddlers issue and babies confined to cribs, it makes it less realistic, which as above, is something I look to in the game. I also hate the fact that you can no longer take control of multiple Sims across several different lots. This particularly puts me off making my Sims do the interactive jobs in Get to work etc, as I feel that I am wasting all my time on one Sim, when I have other things I need to be doing with the rest of the family. I loved how in the Sims 3 you could go to work with your Sim, but still keep popping back onto your other Sims and setting your other Sims tasks, without interrupting gameplay.

•Suggestions? Seasons, bring them back! More open gameplay and more lots!

•Overall thoughts? So far, I think the Sims 3 is superior in terms of content and Gameplay and I certainly enjoyed it more than I have enjoyed the Sims 4 so far. However saying that, the Sims 4 does have some good features and game play is a lot smoother, so if future expansion packs can bring back the much longed for an requested classic well loved features from previous games, the Sims 4 still has a chance of coming out on top.
  • pixie05xxxpixie05xxx Posts: 7 New Member
    When I first started playing Sims 4 I really didn't like it. After playing Sims 3 and having lots of expansion packs etc Sims 4 just felt like too much was missing. However after sticking with it and playing more I am coming round to it. Although a lot of thing that I liked about Sims 3 is missing for example, toddlers and also like not been able to customise the furniture with different patterns. Or maybe you can and I have yet to discover how. I also miss the map lay out. I love that you can travel to different places without having to move there but hate that all the rest is missing, like shops etc.
  • Sims54BeatsSims54Beats Posts: 3 New Member
    I love the sims even though it's missing a life stage *cough ... :wink: anyway besides that the game is great. If I could add anything to the game(besides the missing life stage) it would be cool if we could have a some sports stuff like in the sims 3, eg. Soccer ball, hand ball, Frisbee and Kites(oh the days of the Sims 2 when after school you could go fly a kite) :disappointed:.
    Also more lots in a world would be nice, since I'm always running out of room with my lots.

Dislikes:
    -not toddlers
    -lack of fun for kids
    -lack of lots (residential and Community)
    -need more careers (one I would like is a interior design career)
    -that there are no insects in the Residential worlds. Whhhyy? in every other sims game you could. Anyway,
    -lack of dancing. (in the sims I like the slow dance, I know it was about more club stuff but still)
    -would have liked to get photo albums.
    -the color wheel (I don't really mind not having it if it courses problems with the game)
    open worlds.
    -not cars

- Building
    - interactions with sims
    -Get to Work
    -Gardening options
    -Ice cream and popcorn(I mean who doesn't) :yum:
    -Garden items
    -Worlds looks
    -lot options
    -hobbies(need a keyboard though, one that you can carry around with you)
    -The movies (would like it if you could create them like in the sims 3)
    -The design of the sims
    -Ageing of the sims.
  • rachluvsdaverachluvsdave Posts: 80 Member
    At first the Sims 4 made me a bit claustrophobic because I really missed the open world but I've gotten used to it and it runs so much better on my computer than Sims 3, which makes going back to Sims 3 a bit monotonous. The multitasking and the smoother gameplay is worth sticking it out with Sims 4. Now I'm just crossing my fingers that the creators will remember us folks that love playing legacies and family gameplay when it comes time to release new content. Sitting on the edge of my seat every morning when I pull up the Sims 4 news, hoping for something new!
  • EmsimmmerEmsimmmer Posts: 19 Member
    What I liked:

~ Lighting
    ~ Multi-tasking

What I didn't like:

~ Graphics (too cartoony, it's nothing like the sims!)
    ~ Limited and boring game play.
  • monamour1977monamour1977 Posts: 3 New Member
    i like sims 4 a lot the built mode and buy mode are fabulous, and the roof tool is so helpful
  • RoyalTeacupRoyalTeacup Posts: 114 Member
    I suggest that you incorporate more ethnic hairstyles into this game.
  • mmnby2mmnby2 Posts: 47 Member
    I agree with @RoyalTeacup, I would love my personal sim to have my ethnic hair (long corkscrew curls). I also miss the sims 3 create a style tool and pets. Having my female sims get pregnant from abduction would be nice too.
  • dangelionslayerdangelionslayer Posts: 39 Member
    I want pets
  • curlhappycurlhappy Posts: 93 Member
    I hope the next game pack is a new destination world like a beach getaway . I miss the lounging chairs and swimming in the ocean.
    Seasons from S3 was cool because it made good use of the seasonal style clothing.
  • AnneeMcHughesAnneeMcHughes Posts: 19 Member
    I've thought of a few more things I think would improve Sims 4. :)

;) -When I tap on a plant and select the option to hire a gardener, no gardener shows up. If I'm not missing something, please fix this.
    :) -More diverse outdoor furniture - full body lounge chairs, poolside towels, sunscreen/suntan lotion and it would be hilarious if they got sunburned for not using the right sunscreen :-D
    :* -In the hairstyles that have a side part, the same style mirrored for left or right side part.
    :p -More options for hair/eye color or a color selector that allows varying hues and densities of color.
    :/ -Control over time it takes for sims to accomplish tasks. It seems preposterous to me that when a sim eats, an hour or more goes past on the clock. Their day is unreasonably short to accomplish what they do. Like peeing takes the same amount of time it does in real life, cooking is shorter than eating. If the activities are calculated to make a day happen in an hour or whatever it is, then things like using the bathroom, showering, bathing, etc. should be significantly reduced and cooking times should depend on food prepared. So they might put a cake in the oven and go do other things while it's baking. Heck, burn it if they don't pay attention! One second it's 8pm and sim is pumped to go on a date and a few seconds later when they arrive at their destination, they're starving, peeing, and exhausted. Unreasonable. Maybe an option to stop the clock or adjust it could be offered in the game settings.
    :# -The auto prompts for sims to do things such as meet someone new, kiss someone, etc. don't make any sense to me. They're too random. It would be nice if they were more oriented toward that sim's personality and career goals. Kiss someone pops up at 2am and sim is exhausted after staying up half the night to accomplish a career goal. There's that timing issue again. Drives me nuts sometimes.
    :) -Ability to use build mode in all areas, not just certain venues.
    :) -Take a river cruise for a date
  • mmnby2mmnby2 Posts: 47 Member
    @curlhappy Totally! I forgot about that, Seasons would be a nice one, playing in the leaves, making snow angels, beach trips, rain, getting struck by lightning.
  • AlwaysTheSunAlwaysTheSun Posts: 388 Member
    This game needs to be more family play!!

And why, why game still has the same bugs !!

I order drinks for a group but bartender makes one and then he just looks around...

Why them two can't sit like normal by the table, just stand like crazy fans?! It's so annoying!
    iRARvha.png

How can we want toddlers, pets or something that will make our game expanded, while already existing content has to be fixed?!

Musical chairs still appears! It's even worse for me..
    For example I make a dinner party. Everybody's sitting by the table. But when I tell my sim to talk to another, he stands up, sits back again and then starts talking!
    I love making parties when all my family can sit together by the table, but I'm always affraid about that changing chairs..

• natalinglingnatalingling Posts: 1 New Member
    I think The Sims 4 is such an awesome game. Of course there are a few things that I miss from The Sims 3 that aren't in The Sims 4:
    - We can't drive cars anymore
    - No more toddlers
    - Not as many careers
    - Not as many lots
    - Can't edit hair color

However, there are so many things that I LOVE about this game:
    - You can customize your Sim even more! Making small edits on the face and body.
    - Really cool stuff packs and game packs
    - Stylish clothing
    - Emotions
    - How clear the graphics are
    - Sharing all of our creations online so others can see
    - Get Together
    - Outdoor Retreat

What I would love to see The Sims 4 to eventually have:
    - Seasons
    - The Sims University
    - Sims Supernatural
    - Toddlers
    - Pets!
    - Create a style
    - More hair color options
    - Movie theater (so sims can go there for dates)
  • JRBearJRBear Posts: 190 Member
    Just got the Get Together expansion about 10 minutes ago. Loaded game, read info on clubs, joined the gardening one that sounded rather safe. They invited me to a club gathering at the park, so I went... And I was attacked randomly by two people. I saw no enemies to the particular club among the other clubs... So not sure why that happened. Club is neutral. One of the attackers was not in a club, was a coworker, and was previously a /friend/ of my sim. Now they're not friends.

Long story short - Shouldn't friends of sims not be the ones randomly attacking? Is there a way to set a filter to pay attention to relationship values? That would be my feedback.
  • deeman190deeman190 Posts: 99 Member
    I would love to Seasons and Pets in the future. I actually kind of miss having the option to call the fire department if there is a fire.
  • Amathyst8Amathyst8 Posts: 46 Member
    > @Amathyst8 said:
    > I have played quite a bit of Sims 4. I have decided to stick to sims 3. But I will give my feedback on the Sims 4 here.
    >
    > The things I like about Sims 4
    >
    > Let's start with CAS. I love that you can shape and mold sims like never before by clicking and dragging different parts on the sim's body.
    >
    > I like that the sims are more animated than previous versions and have more emotions than ever.
    >
    > Things I do not like.
    >
    > Sims 4 does not have very many features. I miss create-a-style. I miss having more color options for clothing, hair, flooring, walls, fences, etc.. The textures in sims 4 do not even compare to those in sims 3. The lawn looks painted on rather than looking like grass. The trees do not have as much detail as in the Sims 3. Basically the texture details are not near as good as in the Sims 3.
    >
    > The worlds in the Sims 4 are very restricted. In other words, you have a load screen everywhere you go. There is not an open world feel like in the sims 3. You do not drive cars to work anymore. When you go to work you just go out to your front lawn and disappear. There's no fun in that. It's boring. You cannot walk around the world without load screens. I miss the edit world feature that allowed you to lay down lots and add other items to the world.
    >
    > You can only control one sim at a time and cannot switch between them while they are in the world away from home.
    >
    > Basically, if EA and Maxis were to make the Sims 3 with the new sims of sims 4 as well as how they are created in CAS, this would be the perfect game. Also if they would fix the performance and routing issues that some people were experiencing in the Sims 3. Personally I did have some routing issues in the Sims 3 at times, but never had performance issues. I'm hoping they will come out with Sims 5 in this fashion. Detailed textures, open world, new sims from sims 4 as well as how they are created, fixed performance and routing issues, etc... So far, the Sims 3 is much better and I will stick to that. If they come out with a Sims 5 later down the line, I will have to think long and hard before pre-ordering because I pre-ordered the Sims 4 without fully knowing what I was getting myself into. Had I known some people were getting their money back because they were disappointed, I would have done the same. Now I'm stuck with it. I will not be purchasing any DLC for this game. However, I have still been purchasing DLC for the Sims 3.

I have played more Sims 4 trying to give it another chance. I did find out that I do actually enjoy building lots once I was used to using it. Actually playing the game doesn't really keep me entertained. I finally realized the number 1 thing that bothers me the most. In the Sims 3 users were given a lot of freedom to use their creativity. We had the CAW tool which is an amazing thing. We had terrain tools to be able to set up the landscape the way we wanted. If you wanted a house on a hill, you could do that. Not in Sims 4. It's almost as if they stripped most of our ability away to be creative and took upon themselves to decide what they think we want. I'm still playing Sims 3 more than Sims 4. I really do hope they listen. Being able to be creative is what made Sims 3 great. I really hope they will create a Sims 5 and really listen to our concerns.
  • LynzSimmerLynzSimmer Posts: 198 Member
    Yay! I really wanna post in this, in all hopes that EA / Maxis see this so they can help improve and add stuff we dislike.

I like:

- The game in general.
    - The graphics are amazing.
    - My game runs amazing and very smooth.
    - I love it's so customized.

I dislike:

- I miss Create-A-Style. :(
    - I really want Pets back.
    - ^ As well as Seasons, and Toddlers.

Other than that, I actually really like everything. Though (I hope this doesn't offend anyone. Which I don't think it will but) I prefer more of family-oriented style of gameplay.. and I loved in The Sims 3 you had Seasons, Pets, and toddlers. <3

I hope they can come back, as some new worlds. :D
    Which I understand, I need to be patient because I'm sure it takes forever to make games.
    (It actually does, I did a program and it took me FOREVER to make a mini game for a class. WOW)
    Store Name: ltswiftie13
    Have A Good Day
    Wishlist
    Thank You Page
    Top 5
    Origin ID: LynzSimmer
    Have a good day, and thank you! :)

• joanbarfieldjoanbarfield Posts: 46 Member
    I am conflicted in emotions about the game.

I LOVE it for the most part; but I also don't?

Thing I love about it:
    EMOTIONS! They can sometimes be a pain but for the most part I love the fact that sims have emotion now and can be influenced like you can in the real world. The graphics don't make my PC want to jump out the window anymore and I can actually play the game without lag spikes. The packs that have come out I am enjoying thoroughly. The addition of pools is cool (I'm not huge on pools in my game but its still cool!) and genealogy finally being a thing again. The hairstyles and clothing options aren't outdated anymore and I've always loved the descriptions for items in the game (so many of them make me laugh WAY more than I should be laughing)
    Things I don't like:The game was very basic to start out with and I have to go off and spend 10$ to buy these packs that should have been in the base game. I would have likes more options for careers. One thing I love about Sims 3 that you guys didn't include in Sims 4 was jobs VS professions. An athlete is a profession but maybe adding in JOBS would have kind of spiced up the game some. I'd love to make a sim a baby sitter or have them working as a life guard something like that if that makes sense (which is what I was hoping was in the Get To Work pack but wasn't :( ) And the Get To Work pack is VERY limited. I don't know if it was really worth spending my money on. I would have loved for you guys to add in maybe an Athlete option to it or a Criminal (to go along with the Police addition to Get To Work) Although I know it took awhile to program it and I'm certainly not grateful for what I got!
    Suggestions:
    PEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEETTTTTTSSS! Please give us a pets EP. I know you guys are working hard on it; I can tell by the bird textures! They're different (I don't know if anyone noticed in the recent Get Together pack but the birds are VERY detailed with better AI) So I know you guys are working on minor pets at least. Please please make sure to add dogs and cats. I'm a hugeeee animal lover and I would pay for a pet expansion in a heart beat!
  • AvaTheSimmer123AvaTheSimmer123 Posts: 52 Member
    My personal review:

I only got the Sims 4 around a month ago, as a treat. I like the fact you can really edit your sims in CAS and I like the fact there is a wide selection of hairstyles to choose from and most of them are very nice. Building is lots of fun and there is a wide selection of skills and jobs that really are amazing.

I don't like the fact there is loading screens everywhere and you simply can't cross the road and visit your friend's house without a 20 second loading screen popping up. I think that toddlers and cars and pets should be added - fingers crossed for more expansion packs! Also, I don't like the fact there is absolutely no Story Progession Mode which means Sims in your neighbourhood can't meet new people or have children. This isn't realistic or a good idea. And lastly, I personally think it is missing a spark which is needed when you want to start a family.

My suggestions are, as I've said, more expansion packs and more varied selection of items.

My overall opinion is that it's a decent game and I will play it for as long as possible. Things must be added shortly but for now, it's an okay game.
  • alishamartin97alishamartin97 Posts: 43 Member
    Love the fact we can really get in to the customization of each Sim! It truly makes them unique and not "all the same"

I dislike the lack of story progression and I'm not keen on the focus of only partying so far.. I like parties now and then but I think there should be an equal amount of family play options too.

My suggestions would be to equal out each catagory of play to suit different players. Also, the babies being stuck to the bassinet is atrocious!

It just feels like we have regressed instead of progressed. It feels like i'm playing sims 1 with better graphics to some extent!

When more things are added I think it will get better!
  • LynzSimmerLynzSimmer Posts: 198 Member
    > @alishamartin97 said:
    > Love the fact we can really get in to the customization of each Sim! It truly makes them unique and not "all the same"
    >
    > I dislike the lack of story progression and I'm not keen on the focus of only partying so far.. I like parties now and then but I think there should be an equal amount of family play options too.
    >
    > My suggestions would be to equal out each catagory of play to suit different players. Also, the babies being stuck to the bassinet is atrocious!
    >
    > It just feels like we have regressed instead of progressed. It feels like i'm playing sims 1 with better graphics to some extent!
    >
    > When more things are added I think it will get better!

Very true, I like more family play kinda style but lately EA/Maxis has been doing all partying. I'm sorry if this sounds rude, it was NOT meant to be but I'm not much of a partier, on The Sims or irl tbh. Hah, I'm still waiting and crossed fingers for Generations and toddlers. :D We should do a hashtag the #ToddlerFam haha
    Store Name: ltswiftie13
    Have A Good Day
    Wishlist
    Thank You Page
    Top 5
    Origin ID: LynzSimmer
    Have a good day, and thank you! :)

• alishamartin97alishamartin97 Posts: 43 Member
    > @LynzSimmer said:
    > > @alishamartin97 said:
    > > Love the fact we can really get in to the customization of each Sim! It truly makes them unique and not "all the same"
    > >
    > > I dislike the lack of story progression and I'm not keen on the focus of only partying so far.. I like parties now and then but I think there should be an equal amount of family play options too.
    > >
    > > My suggestions would be to equal out each catagory of play to suit different players. Also, the babies being stuck to the bassinet is atrocious!
    > >
    > > It just feels like we have regressed instead of progressed. It feels like i'm playing sims 1 with better graphics to some extent!
    > >
    > > When more things are added I think it will get better!
    >
    > Very true, I like more family play kinda style but lately EA/Maxis has been doing all partying. I'm sorry if this sounds rude, it was NOT meant to be but I'm not much of a partier, on The Sims or irl tbh. Hah, I'm still waiting and crossed fingers for Generations and toddlers. :D We should do a hashtag the #ToddlerFam haha

I completely agree!!
  • LenaDieters11LenaDieters11 Posts: 1,346 Member
    Please bring back realistic jealousy. A wife and children, who see their husband or father cheat react. They should be mad and sad. The kids should be able to tell their other parent