March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How often do you have "sim breaks"

xBob18xBob18 Posts: 7,893 Member
I know I'm going through one right now, I haven't played Sims 2 in months and I don't even miss it. :[
oh3cjs.jpg

Comments

• Frogprincess_qFrogprincess_q Posts: 1,269 Member
    I play less often than I do play, probably. I consider myself to more go on Sims benders. Playing obsessively for a few weeks than I wander off to other games. Somehow, during my whole "angry about Sims 4" period, I turned into a forum regular. I only check the Family Play thread and the Sims 2 boards though atm.
    Edits made and not mentioned will be for typos.

- Froggie
    1nr15n0.jpg
    WIP: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/851667/australian-world-version-1-0-uploaded/p1
  • SataiDelennnSataiDelennn Posts: 1,265 Member
    Does a single day count as a break? Lol. I haven't yet played today, but my "breaks" so far, haven't been more than a day.
    I've been playing since the 1st sims game, but some of my breaks have been years, lol :lol:

- Froggie
    1nr15n0.jpg
    WIP: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/851667/australian-world-version-1-0-uploaded/p1
    @Frogprincess_q

Well, then I guess I can consider my previous time a break, because I hadn't played for several years until the Monday before last, and I haven't really taken a break for more than a day in the last two weeks, lol. What's worse, is that I'm up all night playing (and I mean ALL NIGHT, as I'll suddenly look at the clock or my watch, and it's already 5 something in the morning!), and the first day I reinstalled the game, I nearly forgot to pick up my dogs from daycare [I send them there to keep them socialized with other people and other dogs and it's a safe and secure environment, unlike walking them on my own with clueless dog owners yapping away on their cell phones while their little fido thinks they're tough enough to attack my dog, and then the other person tries wrongly to blame me and my dog because my dog is bigger and is trying to protect me, and dog parks can turn out the same. Not to mention that you can't guarantee that people have properly vaccinated their dogs against rabies, distemper, bordetella, and now the flu virus(es), whereas those vaccinations are mandatory at the daycare facility]). So, yeah, I was so involved with my Sim family, trying to make sure they were taking good care of themselves, that I was a bad mom to my family by forgetting to go get them from daycare! Lol
    Oh dear :grimace: I remember the first time I ever played Sims, I was a sleep-deprived mother of a small child, yet I somehow stayed up all night playing :lol: Sims can be quite addictive.

- Froggie
    1nr15n0.jpg
  • AstroAstro Posts: 6,651 Member
    I'm going through one of those breaks right now, unless you count freeplay as a sims game (I've been playing that game for a minutes every day). Actually, forget sims break, I haven't played any video game for a few weeks now.
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,586 Member
    Hi :)

I'm going through one. I did play TS4 to get the grow fruit/eggs - I hadn't played for several days before and now back to nothing. It's all good. My challenges will wait. :)
  • TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    I've been taking a break now because I've had to clean out my hard drive after it got too full.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • LadysimPlayer8LadysimPlayer8 Posts: 775 Member
    The only time I have had breaks from my Sims Games is probably when I am on holiday or away from home. :)
    I go from playing one generation of the Sims Games to another - currently playing Sims2 since last week but since the start of the year working on Sims3 CAW.
    During my peak of playing Sims2 I used to play all the Sims in each neighbourhood for 7 Sim days, then moved to another neighbourhood etc - it seemed to take forever to have the adults turn into elders - I really should have stuck with just one neighbourhood. :)
  • cleo00cleo00 Posts: 1,088 Member
    I think the longest I can say for not playing ts2 in the last 11 or so years is two weeks. I've never stopped playing. But real life sometimes makes me skip a few days. I guarantee it's never been longer than 2 weeks before though.
    Ts3 however I'll go a few months at a time.
    I have not touched ts4 since like October.
  • kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    I've taken breaks for whole years at times. Then I binge play for about a year. Then I stop for a year. Etc.
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
    I could not imagine not playing for a year.I'd have to like force myself :p
  • xBob18xBob18 Posts: 7,893 Member
    I played a bit yesterday but for a short while. I almost forgot the controls lol.
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    I just ended my sim break and got into Sims 3 again and should load TS2 up again soon.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • meepweepmeepweep Posts: 309 Member
    Every day I have around an eight hour break. It's called sleeping.. :flushed::lol:
    I didn't get a chance to play at all Thursday,but I watched Let's Plays on Youtube to make up for it:D I played all day yesterday though.
  • KatNipKatNip Posts: 1,065 Member
    I rarely get 'sim breaks' (or get bored of sims) but when I do they last a long time. I've had one last for a year! :s
  • CharlieGothCharlieGoth Posts: 192 Member
    I just have 'sims breaks' when I'm really busy and I don't have the time to play it. But I understand the concept, because I've had them at certain periods of my life. But I don't know what I would do without playing the game for more than two months!
  • Emily4331Emily4331 Posts: 10,850 Member
    Like with most games, I sometimes just get sick of playing the same thing a lot. I'd say twice or more a year, I won't play any sims games for a few months.
  • CowPlantForHireCowPlantForHire Posts: 6,002 Member
    Very frequently. I haven't played The Sims 2 since last summer. :/
    tumblr_msl1pmMPdd1sho68to1_400.gif
  • dw4518dw4518 Posts: 263 Member
    i'm on a TS3 break right now. glitches driving me mad. booted up TS2 and enjoying it a lot, so planning to play TS2 for a while
    dw4518 wrote: »
    i'm on a TS3 break right now. glitches driving me mad. booted up TS2 and enjoying it a lot, so planning to play TS2 for a while

YAY for TS2!
  • Sapphire268Sapphire268 Posts: 66 Member
    My longest 'break' (aka I was very young when I played TS1 and didn't even know they were sequels) was about 5-7 years, but now it's usually only eight months for the longest. I'm trying to spread out my playtime so I don't get sick of the games, I usually don't play in the week.