Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why do other sims/kids have no reaction to cheating?

Back in TS3, if your sim cheated the kids would be able to have a reaction and expose them. Even your family/friends or ect would get a reaction. The only ones who seem to react now are those they are involved with.

Comments

• ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    I don't know. The broadcasters are weird in this game. There are a lot of reaction issues.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • SimslikeeeSimslikeee Posts: 188 Member
    Even in TS2, they'd have a reaction.
    a89288ef-cb73-4b64-b739-a5fc56944e13.jpg

Bring back realistic babies and toddlers!
    Check out my blog for my simming adventures!
    http://www.irishsimmer.wordpress.com
  • IceDrizzle27IceDrizzle27 Posts: 648 Member
    I was wondering the same thing. I feel as if ts2 and ts3 had more accurate emotions and reactions. It's ironic too because when ts4 was being released that's all they promoted, emotions and how it's so real.

I miss the ts3 feature of when a Sim caught their lover or spouse cheating, they would react in anger by breaking up/divorcing and kicking them out. I also miss how the children would have a negative moodlet when they witnessed a cheating parent.
  • aaronjc123aaronjc123 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Ah, I remember getting my married Sims to cheat on each other all the time in TS2 and watching the ensuing chaos as one of them inevitably finds out, gets angry and kicks them out.
  • tuityfruity12ajtuityfruity12aj Posts: 1,508 Member
    This bothers me so much!! I wish the reactions were more accurate, like the person who was cheated on can run up, scream at the person, slap them, etc. and then hate the cheater and person involved. The kids don't react and that's not realistic.
  • lalkalalka Posts: 1 New Member
    I'm testing to see if a sim has an affair and gets pregnant if anything happens then. So far no. The spouse is just excited about having a baby even though it's not theirs. I wish the sims could confess to cheating. I liked the drama it all caused in ts3.
  • kingkong192kingkong192 Posts: 953 Member
    Yup I noticed this too and death! There nana and papa dies and they watch tv right in front of there bodies!!
  • EpicSimsEpicSims Posts: 397 Member
    I know!! So unrealistic...
  • Prink34320Prink34320 Posts: 5,078 Member
    I've had mixed responses with my Sims across The Sims 2, 3 and 4. Sometimes Sims don't react to any big event and just continue with their assigned tasks, sometimes they actually do react but whether it's unrealistic to not react would depend on their relationship I would think, hope they keep adding more reactions like they have before.
    Live your life to the fullest, don't wait for a miracle to happen, be the miracle to make things happen.
    Sometimes your creativity is limited where you use it most, but you can use those limitations to inspire new forms of creativity you may never have thought of beforehand.
  • FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    This bothers me so much!! I wish the reactions were more accurate, like the person who was cheated on can run up, scream at the person, slap them, etc. and then hate the cheater and person involved. The kids don't react and that's not realistic.

It didn't even matter if the Spouse was clear across town, they just KNEW and then went home to accuse, LOL. There is no such things as one-night stands, no place to have a secret rendezvous.

They kinda overdone it or underdone it in Sims4 :s Smarter Sims indeed? Weirder Stories?
  • AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    aaronjc123 wrote: »
    Ah, I remember getting my married Sims to cheat on each other all the time in TS2 and watching the ensuing chaos as one of them inevitably finds out, gets angry and kicks them out.

Yes! Now not only no one reacts (well, sometimes the spouse but not all the time), but they can't get kicked out. That bothers me so much... they fight and divorce and then stay in the same house until you manually and after several steps you remove one of them. Grrr! Drives me mad.
    There is no way to create proper family drama in this iteration.

Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    Yup I noticed this too and death! There nana and papa dies and they watch tv right in front of there bodies!!

Yes.. ir they are at school and when they come back dad is dead but there is no acknowledgement whatsoever. Is like he never existed basically.
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    Now I know why I play the single sim >:)
  • staravia81staravia81 Posts: 369 Member
    edited April 2016
    Last week I was playing a couple where the husband kissed another woman in front of front of the wife and teenage kids and then divorced her (player controlled of course). I did notice the kids react in sadness, which surprised me since sims in this iteration don't seem to react to other sims' relationship issues.

I do miss the fact that in I believe TS3, if your spouse's friends saw you cheating the spouse would find out and react later. I also wish death affected those who were close to the deceased (family or close friends) but weren't on the lot to witness it.
    My builds!
    EA ID: staravia81
  • shellbemeshellbeme Posts: 2,086 Member
    Yep the game needs more depth and more recognition of the world.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Maybe they felt this was a good thing for this game because so many wanted the reputation removed in TS3 and wanted to be able to cheat without consequences and therefore they went overboard (as usual) and decided the game wouldn't make Sims react to cheating (kids or nothing more than sad (adults)) etc. I think it is directly related to what people asked and complained about in TS3. But I enjoyed the chaos and my Sim kids throwing fits in TS2.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    I dunno. How old do we imagine these kids are? How attuned to adult relationships? When you were 9 or 10, would you have known the difference between playful pretend-flirting and something serious? How far would the adults around you have had to go before you knew something was wrong? Would you actually have said anything to anyone? Teens, sure, but Children? I think a less strong response is age-appropriate.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • PixelsimmerPixelsimmer Posts: 2,351 Member
    I dunno. How old do we imagine these kids are? How attuned to adult relationships? When you were 9 or 10, would you have known the difference between playful pretend-flirting and something serious? How far would the adults around you have had to go before you knew something was wrong? Would you actually have said anything to anyone? Teens, sure, but Children? I think a less strong response is age-appropriate.

That's a good point. I could live with kids' reactions as they currently are. Perhaps I'll have to repeat my little experiment with a teen instead of a child! :p But there should definitely be an option for friends and teens to tell the cheatee about the affair if they know about it!
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,861 Member
    QDog wrote: »

That's a good point. I could live with kids' reactions as they currently are. Perhaps I'll have to repeat my little experiment with a teen instead of a child! :p But there should definitely be an option for friends and teens to tell the cheatee about the affair if they know about it!

I think the kid reaction was appropriate . I would love to see the same scenario with a teen. :)
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member

I really like the idea of that option. Good for soap-opera stories :)
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • PixelsimmerPixelsimmer Posts: 2,351 Member
    edited April 2016

I think the kid reaction was appropriate . I would love to see the same scenario with a teen. :)

I repeated the scenario with a teen and..shocker! No reaction at all . Teen Jess just stood there watching her mother kissing a stranger. After a while she got bored and turned to the chess table. I think they really need to tweak these reactions. They did it with spouses (jelousy has improved a lot since the base game) so it shouldn't be too hard.

04_01_16_4_12_54_PM.png

ETA: perhaps other simmers can try out these scenarios and see if they get a different outcome?

• GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,552 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Maybe they felt this was a good thing for this game because so many wanted the reputation removed in TS3 and wanted to be able to cheat without consequences and therefore they went overboard (as usual) and decided the game wouldn't make Sims react to cheating (kids or nothing more than sad (adults)) etc. I think it is directly related to what people asked and complained about in TS3. But I enjoyed the chaos and my Sim kids throwing fits in TS2.

Exactly. It's like all the complaints about babies being left on the floor resulted in fewer interactions with the infant. And everybody bathing the toddler relentlessly, or the toddlers playing in the toilet that so offended players, equated fewer interactions with said toddlers in Sims3. Now we don't have toddlers at all. Face/palm.

Be CAREFUL what you wish for. This game has gotten so tame, THAT'S why its boring.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/