Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I kinda want this game but......

I keep watching videos showing off the build mode in The Sims 4. I get really tempted to buy the game when I see the way stairs and balconies work, and all the lovely furnishings. But then I see the Live Mode, and it really saddens me how much is missing. It really hurts that the game has such a refined and polished CAS and Build/Buy mode (but no Create-a-Style...... grr..) but lacks so massively in content. I really want to get the game when amazing things like Get To Work and Spa Day come out, but then I'm reminded of the shady business practices with the constant Stuff Packs with hardly any content coming out rapidly.

Why must Sims 3 Live Mode and Sims 4 Build Mode be separate? :s

Comments

• SweetieTreatsSweetieTreats Posts: 2,668 Member
    It is on Origin's Game Time. You can try it free there for a full 48 hours. Once you start the trial, it ends in 48 hours whether you are playing or not. If you actually like the game, you can buy it. Don't go off the hype train and experience the game for yourself.
  • tobumontobumon Posts: 680 Member
    edited March 2016
    Cuz they are different games built on completely different game engines?

If you like TS3 for open world and create a style, you're not going to like TS4. Just keep enjoying the game you enjoy.

I love TS3's open world and CAS, and although it's my fave Sims game, I keep on playing TS4. The new features Sims 4 has is awesome, and they are things I wish TS3 had.

Using the Game Time feature is the best option. DL it and try it yourself. That's how I did it. I played it, and bought it.
  • jessathemessajessathemessa Posts: 2,342 Member
    You should definitely try out the free trial. If you really like creating sims, I would suggest to get the free CAS trial first, as this does not have an expiration. You can spend as long as you want in there playing around. This way, when you get the regular game trial that only lasts for 48 hours, you don't waste too much time in CAS and can experience more of the game.
  • TheSimerTheSimer Posts: 1,007 Member
    Why are people still saying that so "much" is missing in live mode. The only things, i can thing of are toddlers, burglers and consoles. Everything else was already patched in.
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,584 Member
    I agree-You can try it out with the Free trial. :)

While it's different, there are things that are annoying, such as having the controls all over the place. Also, without CAS it's limiting, too. imo.

The only thing it has over TS3-imo-is the load speed.
  • Swiftlover13Swiftlover13 Posts: 2,369 Member
    I am currently trying before I'm buying! I hope I like the game that still has content being released!

I came to Sims 3 after all the content had already been released, so I didn't get the same excitement....
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    TheSimer wrote: »
    Why are people still saying that so "much" is missing in live mode. The only things, i can thing of are toddlers, burglers and consoles. Everything else was already patched in.
    People don't just mean 'stuff' when they say that. I understand you don't like reading the complaints and probably aren't (neither would I) but then you also don't know what people are missing.

OP, I'm totally with you. I really miss some of the things in building mode as well, among with some other things. But you can't really know whether you like gameplay or not, so I'd give it a (free) try if I were you.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • PolyrhythmPolyrhythm Posts: 2,789 Member
    tobumon wrote: »
    I love TS3's open world and CAS, and although it's my fave Sims game, I keep on playing TS4. The new features Sims 4 has is awesome, and they are things I wish TS3 had.

Using the Game Time feature is the best option. DL it and try it yourself. That's how I did it. I played it, and bought it.
    Same. I love TS3 and especially CASt and I'm currently playing it again, but I do play TS4 here and there. If they added a few more things to it, it might become my favorite.
    :*:,:*:*:*::*:,:*:*:*::
    v5Yd2X5.png
    Ok. I just remembered how slow Origin's downloader is........... I'll wait a few days......
    I guess I'll create that Sims 3 Car Showroom that I've been thinking about while I wait...
  • Sasquatch_01Sasquatch_01 Posts: 538 Member
    I keep watching videos showing off the build mode in The Sims 4. I get really tempted to buy the game when I see the way stairs and balconies work, and all the lovely furnishings. But then I see the Live Mode, and it really saddens me how much is missing. It really hurts that the game has such a refined and polished CAS and Build/Buy mode (but no Create-a-Style...... grr..) but lacks so massively in content. I really want to get the game when amazing things like Get To Work and Spa Day come out, but then I'm reminded of the shady business practices with the constant Stuff Packs with hardly any content coming out rapidly.

Then advance your characters while your waiting for product releases. The Sims was two-dimensional didn't offer much more than sound effects, a more involved family experience was introduced with The Sims 2 in addition to support for high quality content and full customization, open world, fully functional editors, and a wider range of social activities with The Sims 3, and now we have what is effectively a fixed version of the sims 3 build functions in addition to user-friendly controls and more natural models with The Sims 4. They've also eliminated many of the optimization problems which were introduced with The Sims 3 so if you consider it an ongoing project then it appears that they're making great progress. Imagine what fixes and enhancements will be added to the next version if we continue to support the project!
  • Simfan923Simfan923 Posts: 5,551 Member
    I would definitely try the Free Trial cause you don't have anything to lose really. And at least you get an updated version of the game just minus the DLC.
    1FKDfKj.png
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,284 Member

This is the question of the Ages. I wanted what came in Sims3, combined with the best of Sims2. Didn't happen, ever. I stuck with Sims3, despite my love/hate relationship with it, hoping upon hope that some of what I was truly missing would be returned via an EP. I bought all but one EP (not into Supernaturals, on the whole, and was so glad aliens came with Seasons). I never fully got what I wanted in the end. In Sims4, however, the Sims themselves are far more lively, animated, as in Sims2. (Although Sims2 Sims are still the best.) That, along with the advanced CAS and build/buy mode, sold me on it. Yes, I miss toddlers. Yes, I hate the fact that the babies are objects tethered to their bassinets and that they spring out of it into a full-fledged child. It's abrupt, shocking and unnerving. But, this CAS I can't live without. My Sims look more like themselves in this game.

Wait for a sale, give the game a go, and then decide for yourself.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • FloofjeFloofje Posts: 181 Member
    Tbh, I thought the same way as you did before trying the game. But I find that with CAS I create a lot more different looking sims than in TS3, where they all began to look the same lol. With TS3, I also needed CC to really create nice looking sims, IMO. But with TS4 I don't feel the need to download CC, because I think the clothes and most of the hair look really nice! (I'm someone who also like the cartoon-y style, so that might be part of it).

I was also hesistant to get the game due to lacking live mode, but when I tried it I found it hard to go back to TS3 (except for legacies because I like my big, non-culled, family trees), because of the constant foot-stomping, sims getting stuck, lags, etc. With TS4 they really look more alive and the multitasking really is one of the great features in live-mode.

Honestly, I enjoy both games. And both games have their better and weaker points. I would just try it out for 48 hours, like the other people have mentioned already. Or wait until the game has more content and buy most of it during a big summer-sale or whatever. I always wait for sales.
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Yeah gameplay is probably the weakest area of the Sims 4. It was much more richer in the Sims 2 in my opinion. CAS and build mode are probably stronger areas of the game. But yeah, it wouldn't hurt to use the Game Time trial on checking out the live mode out.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    @Swiftlover13 If you pause the download and download the CAS demo first, you can play around with that while the trial downloads. Then when you have the trial, you can transfer your sims from the demo tray to the game tray and save most of the time spent in CAS.
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    EmmaVane wrote: »
    @Swiftlover13 If you pause the download and download the CAS demo first, you can play around with that while the trial downloads. Then when you have the trial, you can transfer your sims from the demo tray to the game tray and save most of the time spent in CAS.
    That's an awesome suggestion. True it would give the OP more time to check out build and live mode.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • plumbob3458plumbob3458 Posts: 60 Member
    You'll be paying a lot just for buy/build mode. Stick to TS3. (: Or try out the free trial then you can decide yourself
    EmmaVane wrote: »

That's what I'm currently downloading!
    You'll be paying a lot just for buy/build mode. Stick to TS3. (: Or try out the free trial then you can decide yourself

Buy mode is my favourite Sims feature!
    edited March 2016
    To me, TS4 Sims look all the same. Just change the hair and clothes and poof~ The Same Sim. Once in game. Lol! I do find it funny. XD

*unless they're made with exaggerated features.
    Two hours later, and the CAS Demo is 38% Downloaded!

Meanwhile, I've been creating my car showroom in Sims 3! Do you like it?

1zdnlvo.jpg

• JayandMeekaJayandMeeka Posts: 2,377 Member
    Floofje wrote: »
    Tbh, I thought the same way as you did before trying the game. But I find that with CAS I create a lot more different looking sims than in TS3, where they all began to look the same lol. With TS3, I also needed CC to really create nice looking sims, IMO. But with TS4 I don't feel the need to download CC, because I think the clothes and most of the hair look really nice! (I'm someone who also like the cartoon-y style, so that might be part of it).

I was also hesistant to get the game due to lacking live mode, but when I tried it I found it hard to go back to TS3 (except for legacies because I like my big, non-culled, family trees), because of the constant foot-stomping, sims getting stuck, lags, etc. With TS4 they really look more alive and the multitasking really is one of the great features in live-mode.

Honestly, I enjoy both games. And both games have their better and weaker points. I would just try it out for 48 hours, like the other people have mentioned already. Or wait until the game has more content and buy most of it during a big summer-sale or whatever. I always wait for sales.

latest?cb=20120705231207

YES. YES YES YES.
    edited March 2016

1zdnlvo.jpg

Truthfully? Too many buildings, not enough cars.... but its got potential. A lot of glass with cars inside... :)
  • Simfan923Simfan923 Posts: 5,551 Member

1zdnlvo.jpg

I'm no builder so I can't give a creditable critique but maybe delete one building, connect the tother two, add lots of windows and just add more cars inside and just have a few outside.
    1FKDfKj.png