Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Building a new neighborhood with Sims 2 SC on Mac?

LutefiskLutefisk Posts: 92 Member
Hello everyone, I am a long-time lurker but I had a question I was curious about so I decided to make an account.

I recently got the Sims 2 Super Collection for Macs and I'm loving it a lot. I really want to make my own neighborhood and fill it with townies I've created. However, after doing some reading it seems like when you create a neighborhood it is automatically populated with pre-made townies? Am I incorrect?

I wanted to know if you can create a neighborhood without townies, but most things I've read say you have to download a lot of mods or go into files and delete things... it makes me nervous, since I don't know if the Super Collection has the same types of files or if there's anything that is no longer safe to delete. I'd hate to delete something that messes up my game.

I guess my question is, has anyone with the Super Collection tried making new neighborhoods, especially ones without townies? How is it and what did you do? Thanks!

Comments

• cleo00cleo00 Posts: 1,088 Member
    I don't think it'd be possible to without mods, like you said. I mean, there's not only the townies but there's downtownies and the vacation townies. There's special townies like the vampires, the fire dancers, the social workers, maids, service sims in general, garden club member, etc. I don't think those can be created without a mod and therefore it doesn't seem possible that you'd be able to create a neighborhood without townies. There's also the dormies, and all of the pets that get auto added to new neighborhoods.

I am not saying it's for certain impossible as I have never tried...but it does just seem like there's too much reliance on all the townies to not have them auto generated.
  • meepweepmeepweep Posts: 309 Member
    I just recently made my own neighborhood with the Sims 2 Super Collection for Mac but I haven't played enough to notice any townies that I haven't made. I did populate my town with sims that I've created, but there are going to be the NPC's such as the Garden Club person, matchmaker, etc.. I'm sorry I can't give you a better answer, but that's what I've noticed as I've played. :smile:
  • LutefiskLutefisk Posts: 92 Member
    Hmm, I definitely want to keep all those important NPCs, so I think I will just keep everything as-is. Thanks everyone!
  • Simma123Simma123 Posts: 6 New Member
    Where did you find the sims 2 collection for Mac?
  • meepweepmeepweep Posts: 309 Member
    Simma123 wrote: »
    Where did you find the sims 2 collection for Mac?

It's in the app store. Just search for sims and you'll find the Sims 2 Super Collection. Make sure you look at which expansions are included as it's not an ultimate collection. It's set at a good price for all the things it features. :)

• xLunaSimsxxLunaSimsx Posts: 6,719 Member
    Does anyone here know if my Macbook Air 13 inch early 2015 with Intel HD 6000 graphics card will work without the glitches with the Sims 2? Because in sims 3 it glitches terrifyingly and nonstop. Lol.
    MPy9H9S.gif
  • Heehee_BearHeehee_Bear Posts: 13 New Member
    > @xLunaSimsx said:
    > Does anyone here know if my Macbook Air 13 inch early 2015 with Intel HD 6000 graphics card will work without the glitches with the Sims 2? Because in sims 3 it glitches terrifyingly and nonstop. Lol.

The Sims 2 runs well on my MacBook Air from 2012