Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

S4 BuildnShare Winners Circle

Comments

• Issabella14Issabella14 Posts: 1,656 Member
    Congrats @Stsciurus, well done :)
  • popettypop2012popettypop2012 Posts: 1,318 Member
    Thank you @BuildnShare for your critique. I will take your advice to hand and next time I will label my screenshots and take more overhead shots.

Congratulations @StSCiurus Your win is very well deserved.
  • StSciurusStSciurus Posts: 1,580 Member
    Thank you @Issabella14 for your well wishes! :)

I remember thinking that I was the only entrant in the Established category, and thinking I'm glad I don't have to compete with @popettypop2012. Her design is so lovely and well thought out! :) Thank you, too for your well wishes.

And thank you @BuildnShare for the thoughtful comments. I used to be a BuildnShare judge a hundred years ago in TS3 and so I know how much work it is. I really appreciate the effort.
  • popettypop2012popettypop2012 Posts: 1,318 Member
    Thank you, @StSciurus. You are really sweet:)
  • BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    ESTABLISHED RESULTS FOR CHALLENGE #39 - ALIEN ENCOUNTERS

@opod67

Modern Surprise is a fantastic structure with perfect roofing for this type of build. Excellent choice of windows and doors which contrast well with the exterior textures of the walls. Beautiful lavender planting at the front, I can almost smell the aroma! The outdoor living spaces at the rear are wonderful areas to relax. I love how you've hidden the stairway to the basement, great thinking! The interior layout is very good and the open plan concept provides plenty of space. There is a modern industrial feel to this area, especially the well equipped kitchen. The hidden basement is perfect for storing those treasures and having two stairways is certainly a master plan!

Suggestions: The open plan ground floor is great as it is but to add more interest I would have used half walls to break up the kitchen and living areas.

@TwtyBrd0707

Absolutely love how you've designed Cube, there is so much visual interest with this build, especially with the variety of windows and doors. Great combination of exterior textures providing good contrast and shape. Perfect choice of balcony fencing and the roofing tops the build off very nicely. You have used just the right amount of landscaping for this modern style and it provides a lovely splash of colour. Great interior layout with the open plan concept on the first floor, garage on the ground and basement treasure room. Love all the extra details! Very impressive how you've mounted the tv and the master bathroom is indeed luxurious, a truly beautiful room.

Suggestions: I can't really fault this build at all but I would suggest adding some greenery to the balcony, this will add interest to this area and enhance the modernity. Also, please title the pics in slideshows.

The Winner of this Challenge is ....

@TwtyBrd0707

GArBA5W.jpg
    Congratulations, @TwtyBrd0707 ! :) Both your entry and @opod67 's were fantastic.
  • TwtyBrd0707TwtyBrd0707 Posts: 102 Member
    edited March 2016
    Thank you! :) and thanks @BuildnShare for the suggestions. I'm so excited this is my first win!
    EXPERT RESULTS FOR CHALLENGE #35 - WE HAVE A PLAN

@masajo

Chequers is perfectly suited for Ned and Edna. You have made efficient use of the plan footprint for both indoor and outdoor spaces. The asymmetrical exterior is well balanced with interesting windows, wall textures and roofing. The landscaping enhances the overall Tudor look of the exterior. And the outdoor lounging areas, bbq and covered bar are nice features. It has great curb appeal!

The traditional interior decor coordinates well with the exterior. I love the use of yellow as an accent color throughout the house; it’s adds a homey warmth. The rooms are all well laid out with plenty of appropriate clutter items, but Sims will still be able to navigate easily throughout the house. Nice touch giving Ned and Edna a child’s bedroom, too.

Suggestions: Wonderful build overall! The WooWho! Historical Poster 4 in the master bathroom, although its color coordinates with the tile, is perhaps less in keeping with the style of wall art used in the rest of the house. Also, I may just not have looked in the right place, but I don't see a stereo or other source of music for the lovely dance floor in the outdoor area.

@masajo

GArBA5W.jpg
  • masajomasajo Posts: 5,993 Member
    Many thanks @BuildnShare really appreciate your kind comments and suggestions, all taken on board :)
    uzE2H1V.jpg
    Expert Results for #BnS 36 - To Sleep Perchance To Dream

@Cbear13

Mini Modern overall has a great masculine feel to it because of your use of blue and black on both the inside and out. The exterior is clean and modern with an excellent choice of windows and wall textures. The roofline is especially attractive. The front landscaping gives it great curb appeal.

The interior is harmonious and laid out for convenient navigation. The bathroom is especially nice, and I like your use of the bamboo to divide the kitchen from the meditation area. The footprint of the house in the shape of a man elevates it from modern to postmodern (although I don’t think I would have noticed it if you hadn’t pointed it out)!

Suggestions: The use of black and blue, while attractive, is very dark. A little more of a contrasting color like white or metallic silver, especially in the lounge area and kitchen, would make the dark colors pop.

@gmcrozier

What strikes me first about 123 Pleasant Acres is the brilliant red exterior contrasting with the white door and windows. The white planter box on the front adds to the appealing design. The landscaping around the house is handsome and fits the style of house well. I especially love your use of the hedges, and the fencing completely surrounding the yard gives a sense of privacy and calmness for the meditation area. Lovely fountain area, too.

Even with the bright interior colors, there is still a sense of serenity inside because of the white doors, fixtures and furniture. The layout is efficient and nicely divided with half walls. The walls of windows on three sides fill the house with light!

Suggestions: A few area rugs would have been nice against the bare wood and stone floors.

@Issabella14

Cosy Lair has a sleek ultra modern look enhanced by the beautiful pool in front. The flagstone pillars, one right into the pool, make a beautiful contrast with the stark white exterior walls. The bar by the pool is a great feature, too.

While the interior is ultra modern, the interior is playfully postmodern! I love the microscope prints on the walls and the whimsical statues throughout. And I love your use of the sunken living room/kitchen—a brilliant way to separate those areas from the “loft” bedroom, study areas and bathroom. Nice contrasting brick and smooth walls in the interior and an overall light feeling with pops of yellow- and blue-green.

@Karababy52

Marriner ProMo is a feast of post modernism both inside and out. The architecture is eye-popping and reflects well your inspiration picture. The roofline is especially attractive, and your choice of exterior colors and window shapes gives the house a playful feeling. The whimsical fountain outside the meditation area seems just right.

It is difficult in the game to find decor choices that really seem post modern, but you seem to have found them all! The overall layout works well and seems efficient. The half walls, columns and spandrels divide up the space nicely, and I love how you used the enlarged floor runner to connect both sides of the house. The interior colors work well with wood tones and pops of purple and turquoise. The penguin TV is inspired!

Suggestions: The stone pathway around the house seems oddly out of character; perhaps a quirky zigzag flagstone path might be more appropriate.

@masajo

Casa Bonita es muy bonita! The playful exterior is striking on all sides, and the contrasting wood and stone wall textures, roofing and landscaping make it fit in perfectly to the surrounding desert landscape. The outdoor meditation area and pool are very inviting.

The interior space is nicely divided with tall half walls giving a sense of room division in an otherwise open space. It’s especially nice for the bedroom area. Pink and turquoise is a fun choice for accent colors which also add playfulness to the modern interior. The wood textures of the half walls and kitchen cabinets are a warm contrast to the cool gray walls.

Suggestions: The boho curtains are fun but perhaps the bold pattern dominates the interior space a bit too much.

@WrathofCath

One of the best features of Solitude is your use of large windows to maximize the view of the desert landscape. The windows and the green and terra cotta exterior wall colors make the house harmonize with the environment and thereby give a sense of peace and relaxation. The meditation area in the back yard with its waterfall fountain are perfect for yoga and meditation, especially at sunset, and the hot tub is just what is needed to relax those sore muscles after a vigorous day at the ballet studio!

The warm wood colors contrasted with the brick on the inside reinforce the sense of calm throughout. The bar is a nice feature, as is the fireplace. Nice use of half walls to set off the bedroom area, too. Overall, the layout seems efficient and easy to navigate.

Suggestions: While I appreciated the peaceful effect that the browns and greens give to the interior, I longed for just a pop of color somewhere—even a vase of flowers on the coffee table.

Sim challenge: Great realization of Rich Marriner! His wardrobe seems just right especially the all black formal look, and I loved the pictures of him enjoying a drink from his at-home bar. There is, after all, more than one way to relax!

The winner of this challenge is ....

@Karababy52

The winner of the Sim challenge is ....

@WrathofCath

GArBA5W.jpg
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    Thank you so much @BuildnShare! Your comments on my build made my day! Thank you also for the suggestion for improvement, always appreciated! :) Also, congratulations @WrathofCath on winning the Sim Challenge with your gorgeous version of Rich Marriner! Great job to everyone else in this round of the BnS Challenges as well, you're all winners in my eyes! *Hugs* <3
  • Issabella14Issabella14 Posts: 1,656 Member
    Thanks for the great review @BuildnShare and congratulations to @Karababy52 and @WrathofCath, winners for #Bns36 :)
    Big thank you @BuildnShare for your kind words and valuable feedback, very much appreciated :)
    Many congrats to @Karababy52 and @WrathofCath fantastic creations :)
    uzE2H1V.jpg
    Expert Results for #BnS 37 - The Play is the Thing

@Issabella14

Play House Theatre has a grand historic and urban look to it. The show placards on the front look realistic, and the landscaping will entice theater goers into the building. I also love the HV/AC units in the rear of the theater—again very realistic! The brick façade of the building looks exactly what you would expect from an old theater in a downtown area.

The inside of the theater is wonderful, too, with many lovely details. I love the banks of doors at the entrance—exactly what you would expect. The theater seating looks welcoming, and I especially love how you have lined the walls with red curtains. The stage set is perfect for the romance announced by the show placards outside and in the lobby. Upstairs, the café area looks comfortable, and the stage boxes have dramatic views of the action on stage below!

Suggestions: Yours is a fantastic realization of an historic theater. You might have considered creating more of a backstage area for the actors to access the stage.

@masajo

Your theater’s name, The Apollo, fits the Greek Revival style of architecture perfectly! The red-orange brick against the white window frames and friezes is lovely and contrasts well with the abundant green landscaping surrounding the theater. It reminds me of a summer stock theater set in the countryside. You have provided cozy sitting areas on patios and balconies both front and back.

On the inside, you have thought of every detail. The stage is set for a spooky show! The theater seating looks elegant. Upstairs, the cafe and bar areas look inviting, and I found the shop, kitchen and bedroom to be inspired touches. But my favorite area is the dressing room. So many fun details! It looks like the actors have just left and are about to start the play!

Suggestions: The theater is lovely overall. My only very minor quibble is that you might have put in a back staircase for the actors to get to the stage.

@masajo

GArBA5W.jpg
    ESTABLISHED RESULTS FOR CHALLENGE #40 - LA CASA DELLO SPLENDORE

@StSciurus

Casa dei girasoli is a beautiful name for your build and very appropriate as I do believe a lot of Italian villas are named after flowers. The sunflower picture, being your inspiration, has provided lovely shades of blue and yellow to the interior design, resulting in a sunny and cheery feel throughout. The eclectic style is very interesting and you have placed just the right amount of clutter so as not to overwhelm. I love your arrangement of pictures in the dining room and your choice of ornaments and plants in the garden room. The sculpture studio is spacious and the large windows ensure a light and airy atmosphere. The Italianate style architecture is typical Victorian, very ornate and decorative with columns, spandrels, balcony, fencing and wrap around porch. A good solid structure! The rear pool/patio looks very relaxing and the high fence provides much privacy here.

Suggestions: The master bedroom looks a little too masculine to me for an Italian woman with the dark wood and deep blue colours. I think maybe using a lighter shade or perhaps sunny yellow would give a more feminine appearance.

Sim Challenge: You have created a beautiful Eleganza and given her very appropriate traits. I really am amazed at how Italian she does look! The olive skin tone, the dark eyes and the hair are all great contributors, together with a very elegant wardrobe. It's great to see her enjoying her new home and working in the sculpting studio.

@StSciurus

The Winner of the Sim Challenge is ....

@StSciurus

GArBA5W.jpg
    Thank you, @BuildnShare , for your thoughtful—and helpful—comments! :)
    Many thanks @BuildnShare really appreciated your kind words and feedback :)
    uzE2H1V.jpg
  • WrathofCathWrathofCath Posts: 4,419 Member
    Congratulations @Karababy52! Your build was So Creative and unique! Very well deserved :blush:

Thank you @BuildnShare for your always welcome, comments and suggestions, and @Karababy52, @Issabella14 and @masajo :)

Congratulations to @masajo and @StSciurus for your wins! :smiley:
    Expert Results for #BnS 38 - Habitat for Humanity

@masajo

This was a particularly difficult challenge and with Xenon you made it look easy! A futuristic house was a great style choice for giving it a luxe feeling. The black and white elements used throughout the exterior and interior create an appealing consistency, and the use of spot colors like the red alien trees on the outside, or the terra cotta walls and furniture add dramatic contrast as do the various colorful clutter items like the plants and bowl of fruit. The compact layout works beautifully with well designed rooms and luxury areas such as the hot tub and the dance floor. A super job!

Suggestions: Not really much to suggest. I might have reversed the garage to make it seem more realistic. (I’m not sure how those cars will get in and out.)

@masajo

GArBA5W.jpg
    Many thanks @WrathofCath :)

Thank you very much @BuildnShare for such a lovely review and I totally agree with your suggestion, it was in fact something I realised once all the landscaping had been done :)
    uzE2H1V.jpg
    Expert Results for #BnS 39 - Alien Encounters

@masajo

Any bachelor would be proud to live in Xavier ! The sleek modern look with its black and white interior is definitely a babe magnet. ;) Love the efficient open layout of the upper two floors. The small treasure room in the basement is perfect. You have chosen harmonious color schemes throughout. I especially like the pops of orange/terra cotta on the ground floor. The outdoor areas are beautifully landscaped, and the grill and seating area is a nice feature. The master bedroom and ensuite bathroom are sumptuous!

Suggestions: The gnarled oaks work as a bit of camouflage from above, but from the street your striking design really stands out! I would definitely be curious about who lives there! You also might have considered an outside stairway from the upstairs balcony as an escape route should our alien be caught in fragrante delicto as it were. :)

@masajo

GArBA5W.jpg
    Big thank you @BuildnShare for your feedback and suggestions, always very much appreciated :) There was a staircase there originally but when the budget ran out this was the sacrifice :)
    uzE2H1V.jpg
    edited April 2016
    Expert Results for #BnS 40 - La Casa dello Splendore

@masajo

There is an elegant simplicity to Capodimonte. One could easily imagine it sitting on top of a hill in the Tuscan countryside. The exterior colors are warm and attractive, and the open archways invite the visitor inside. The interiors are filled with light, and the eggshell and pale gray walls will keep the inside cool even on a hot summer day. The furnishing are everywhere simple (seemingly) and tasteful with appropriate dashes of colorful clutter items. I love the campanile on the topmost floor that is used for a study!

The patio and pool are charming. I can hear the waters of the fountain spilling over into the pool. The pergola is a nice touch connecting the main house with the sculpture studio. The studio itself is light-filled and looks like Ms della Pietra was just there sculpting. Lovely idea to include a guest bedroom and half bath on top of the studio. Basically, I want to live there! :)

Suggestions: Fantastic job! I might have MOO’d some sort of plants on top of the pergola to create a bit more shade, but it doesn’t really need it.

@masajo

GArBA5W.jpg
    Many thanks @BuildnShare for your wonderful review and feedback, this is very valuable :)
    uzE2H1V.jpg
    edited April 2016
    STARTING OUT RESULTS FOR CHALLENGE #41 - A TASTE FOR FINER THINGS

@emere

L'Aubergine is a beautiful house with a very appropriate name, the aubergine shades give the exterior a warm and attractive appearance. Great choice of windows and doors, the shutters are very French, as are the dormers and window boxes. Well designed roof structure, the different textures work well together! The rear patio looks a very relaxing place to sit overlooking the beautiful pond and countryside. It's good to see you've brought the aubergine colour scheme indoors, the living room looks very cosy with the fire burning. The kitchen design is stunning and certainly well equipped, I love the counter island in the middle, very French! The wine storage room is another favourite and again, very well stocked.

Suggestions: My only suggestion would be to use terrain paint, especially at the front of the house, to create curved pathways and planting borders. I always think this softens the appearance.

@emere

GArBA5W.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top