Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Oh my freaking GOSH!

Fairy_HappyFairy_Happy Posts: 8,901 Member
Ok so Catelyn just finished college (thanks again to the faster college mod) and during her senior year she decided to fight me every step of the way. I was trying to get her to study, do her coursework, and raise her skills but she kept canceling out everything I tell her to do so she can play with the radio, play with the phone, talk to her roommates, play Sims 3 on the computer, search the web for her hobbies, play with the bird I got her but decided to free, eat non stop, build snowman in the yard, clean the dorm, take showers when her hygiene bar is still half full, watch tv, write in her diary, I mean, EVERYTHING besides schoolwork. She graduated with a 3.9 GPA. After graduating, since she still have 24 hours to dawdle around at university, she decided to come home from final exams to study her coursework! I mean, what the heck?? What good is it going to do you now? Where was all this determination before? Are you kidding me right now?

I know you might ask how she was able to still do work when she graduated. She left her course book notebook or whatever you call it on the dining table after canceling out (yet again) doing her homework 2 days before so she can go answer the phone.

Comments

• SataiDelennnSataiDelennn Posts: 1,265 Member
    This is why I love the Sims so much! They do the WEIRDEST things!

I was trying to get my very tired parent Sim to use the phone to call the Nanny so she could get a little sleep (and eat, and maybe after she did those things, have some fun, because all three of those meters were almost down to nothing, and I was afraid she was going to die), and instead I failed to click on the Nanny option but didn't realize it, and the next thing I know, she is being approved for an adoption... She already has FOUR kids, one is a toddler, and two are babies!!! The LAST thing she needed (without getting pregnant on her own again) is to ADOPT a kid!!! My eyes bugged out at my mistake, and I shrieked, and had to exit the game without saving and re-enter and then try the nanny option again, which this time thankfully worked.

Oh, and now that I've got them all managing nicely, I went and got Joan (the female parent) pregnant again. She's due in a few days, lol. Yep, I'm insane and making my Sims insane. But she has four boys and I want her to have a girl. This time I'll get her to have one because people here have been VERY helpful and someone (sorry, I can't remember who offhand or I'd give you a shout out) suggested I save the game just before she gives birth and keep reloading the game until she gives birth to the girl. I wish I'd done that four kids ago, lol. Still, I'm actually having fun trying to manage four kids at once, soon to be five, lol.
  • cleo00cleo00 Posts: 1,088 Member
    My freewill must be broken. Even if I have it on my sims will for the most part still wait for me to tell them to do things and not get up to anything too crazy. The only issue I face is thst they'd rather paint and lounge on the couch than take care of their personal hygine. My sims seem to have an aversion to getting clean unless I tell them to :p even if they're smelly.
  • BoergeAarg61BoergeAarg61 Posts: 954 Member
    Don't worry.
    FIrst, 3.9 or 4.0 don't make any difference afterwards.
    Second, the number of friends does as that number has impact on which job she might get.
    > @BoergeAarg61 said:
    > Don't worry.
    > FIrst, 3.9 or 4.0 don't make any difference afterwards.
    > Second, the number of friends does as that number has impact on which job she might get.

____

Tell me about it! I've been focusing so much on my Sim family that I haven't allowed them to talk on the phone and if they bring a friend home from school or the office, I make them say goodbye immediately because with a toddler and two babies (now three) they've already got their hands full. As a result, their relationship with friends has suffered BADLY and as soon as I have the kids either all toddlers and children or teen and children, I'm going to start getting the parents refocused on friendships so that they can get their next promotion. The father is currently a judge, so I have no idea where he can go from there, and the mother is a chef, but failed with her last chance card (twice. It was a trap as whatever option was chosen failed, so if it comes up again, I'm ignoring it in the hopes something else will come up the next time). But they each need like, five or six friends and they're each down to one or two now, lol.

And yeah, like BoergAarg61 said, like in real life, as long as you're in the 3.7 - 4.0 range, the GPA doesn't matter. That's just a personal desire re: the GPA.
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    Hi :)

In the Aspiration Rewards are the Cool Shades. If your Sim is in Gold or Platinum, using those will give any social interaction a big boost. One or two with them, a hug if they're friends already, will boost the friendship up a good deal. My Sims have a party once a week to get the friends together and use those glasses. - A Birthday party is a great way for family to keep friends. :)

Also, use the Energizers in the Aspiration rewards in Gold/Platinum to give those parents all their energy back.

There is an Espresso mach which can give them some energy back- it's hard on their bladder needs though. XD

lol.
    @Rflong7 thanks!
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    lol.
    @Rflong7 thanks!

Make sure it's a Friendly Hug. I don't want to be the cause of Sims breaking up. XD