Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Tips for keeping the social need up?

I have a feeling that because I have the outgoing trait it's hard to keep social up. I don't have time to keep it up due to my career, because once I get home I have to tend to the other needs. Chatting online or on the phone only bumps it up by a centimeter, and (as stated above) I don't have enough time to go to a public area to socialize. What are some good ways in keeping my social need up that aren't so time consuming and actually work?
~I do not use mods or cc~

Comments

• SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    FFX2Paine506,

I have not played much and I could be wrong but talking to the mirror and if the gardening skill is high enough sims can also get their social need up by talking to plants, I hope that helps I have noticed its a struggle to keep that high enough :D
  • FFX2Paine506FFX2Paine506 Posts: 675 Member
    Thanks so much! I needed new suggestions because the ones I was messing with weren't doing anything. They actually kept them at the same level rather than bumping them up any.
  • AshcarrAshcarr Posts: 383 Member
    You don't have that one friend that has nothing better to do than to stop over all day? I have one friend that doesn't do anything else but come over at 9am. If I don't answer the door in two hours she walks away, calls me, and then comes back and knocks on the door again, repeat ad nauseum. Once I let her in she never leaves even when I go to work. She'll be there until like 1am when she's finally like "Okay time to go!".
  • RachelRosebudRachelRosebud Posts: 1,103 Member
    What is she doing when she works - is it working from home?

If that is true, just invite Sims that are walking outside your house (no need to go to a public area), and once they are in your house, multitasking will do social & skill stuff at the same time.

Plus, once your friend bars are high, these Sims come over from their own free will A LOT. Easy to invite them in, then. :)
  • fightingeternalyfightingeternaly Posts: 28 New Member
    I was going to suggest the same thing @Ashcarr. I invite friends over, it helps me keep the friendships up and it helps the social need.
    OMG yes I have that same problem but she always comes by when I'm working so I never get to see her. But when I have the day off she basically lives here.
    [quote="RachelRosebud;12616929"]What is she doing when she works - is it working from home?

If that is true, just invite Sims that are walking outside your house (no need to go to a public area), and once they are in your house, multitasking will do social & skill stuff at the same time.

Plus, once your friend bars are high, these Sims come over from their own free will A LOT. Easy to invite them in, then. :)[/quote]
    No I work outside of home. But my issue is that my shift ends at 12 am, so when I get home I immediately go to bed, then when I get up I have to tend to my hunger, my hygiene, my fun, and then do my daily task that my work gives me, so I never really have anything I can multitask with
    Ashcarr wrote: »
    You don't have that one friend that has nothing better to do than to stop over all day? I have one friend that doesn't do anything else but come over at 9am. If I don't answer the door in two hours she walks away, calls me, and then comes back and knocks on the door again, repeat ad nauseum. Once I let her in she never leaves even when I go to work. She'll be there until like 1am when she's finally like "Okay time to go!".

lol I have not allowed my Sim to make a friend yet just casual relationships because of what I read in other threads about Sims getting stalked from friends and then when they ask them to leave their home lots the relationship goes downhill fast, I am trying to figure out the rest of it and all that stalking would do my head in not to mention our sims cannot even lock their own front doors, cannot choose the the gender of the baby and some are reporting some sort of incest bug.............. :D I think I will concentrate on skills and career for now lol
    [quote="SPARKY1922;12616986"]
    lol I have not allowed my Sim to make a friend yet just casual relationships because of what I read in other threads about Sims getting stalked from friends and then when they ask them to leave their home lots the relationship goes downhill fast, I am trying to figure out the rest of it and all that stalking would do my head in not to mention our sims cannot even lock their own front doors, cannot choose the the gender of the baby and some are reporting some sort of incest bug.............. :D I think I will concentrate on skills and career for now lol[/quote]

Hahaha yeah they didn't do very well on when friends come over. I tried fencing my house and she walked through the gate as well. I wasn't going to delete the gate though because that would get on my nerves when I had to leave. I always wondered if when I didn't answer the door they would get mad, but apparently not considering they show up every single day and don't leave for about 12 hours..
    FFX2Paine506,

If and when it ever gets that bad I will fence off the whole property takeaway the gate and tele-port my sims in and out like I used to do in Sims 3 vacation homes when they would buy extra properties and you could not lock those doors or gates :D

Other Sims wandering around my Sims house without being invited in is one of my biggest pet hates I just cannot stand it :D
    edited September 2014
    It reminds me of the Sims 2 when you would choose the attractive trait from the lifetime points (or along the lines of that) and guys would be knocking on your door in the dead middle of the night.
    It reminds me of the Sims 2 when you would choose the attractive trait from the lifetime points (or along the lines of that) and guys would be knocking on your door in the dead middle of the night.

That sounds Like fun I never played Sims 2 only 3 but from what people are saying 4 is a lot like 2, however I am going to concentrate on getting used to careers and collecting and by the time I have done all that I am hoping for some changes to have been instigated for all these niggles and perhaps a useful mod or 2 :D

I am enjoying Sims 4 but went back to 3 today for a while just so I could play with all that lovely content I have and the open world :D
    [quote="SPARKY1922;12617219"][quote="FFX2Paine506;12617142"]It reminds me of the Sims 2 when you would choose the attractive trait from the lifetime points (or along the lines of that) and guys would be knocking on your door in the dead middle of the night.[/quote]

That sounds Like fun I never played Sims 2 only 3 but from what people are saying 4 is a lot like 2, however I am going to concentrate on getting used to careers and collecting and by the time I have done all that I am hoping for some changes to have been instigated for all these niggles and perhaps a useful mod or 2 :D

I am enjoying Sims 4 but went back to 3 today for a while just so I could play with all that lovely content I have and the open world :D [/quote]

Yeah it's a sad downgrade but I'm trying to deal with it lol
  • FlewingFlewing Posts: 95 Member
    I have three sims, they all live together and are friends, but it's STILL hard to keep the social need up sometimes xD

Like 🐸🐸🐸🐸
  • keyb0xkeyb0x Posts: 1,641 Member
    Like the username, Paine is the best of the three on X-2. :P

You can chat on your computer, send texts, call, host dinner parties (costs 100 simoleons each but if you get the gold reward you can make a 300+ profit each time)... There's a bunch of stuff you can do to keep your social up. You can talk to plants in this game as well, too.
  • Selena_SouleSelena_Soule Posts: 438 Member
    get the independent reward trait.. it lowers social need basically canceling out the negative from outgoing
    [quote="Selena_Soule;12617273"]get the independent reward trait.. it lowers social need basically canceling out the negative from outgoing[/quote]

How do I get that?
  • AshcarrAshcarr Posts: 383 Member
    Also, just send a quick text message to all your friends and acquaintances while you're having breakfast or dinner. That'll boost it up a bit.
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,590 Member
    When your sim is at work, click on this two-men logo on their profile pic (or whatever you call it on the UI) and there will be options like 'socialize with co-workers'. Do that for a while and maybe in the last few hours of working time, change it to 'normal' or 'work hard'.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
    edited September 2014
    Thanks so much! I forgot that existed!
  • Jessa_DakkarJessa_Dakkar Posts: 9,737 Member
    Can you go to the bar and hang out, eat chips, have a drink, socialize and have fun there?
  • Selena_SouleSelena_Soule Posts: 438 Member
    you buy the independant reward trait from your aspiration points in the rewards store.. if your having alot of problems with social it would be a good reward to choose since it will cancel out the negatives from outgoing.
  • MadiHatterMadiHatter Posts: 2 New Member
    > @Selena_Soule said:
    > you buy the independant reward trait from your aspiration points in the rewards store.. if your having alot of problems with social it would be a good reward to choose since it will cancel out the negatives from outgoing.

Also, if you don't have enough aspiration points, you can use this cheat: sims.give_satisfaction_points 2000
    If you don't mind cheating.
  • FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    Insane trait >:) They talk to themselves >:)
  • allisoneg02allisoneg02 Posts: 2,870 Member
    Insane trait >:) They talk to themselves >:)

I was going to say this one does help! But also gardening can be good once they have a high enough skill to talk to plants. I have a sim though who I just bought the incredibly friendly trait which gives her an instant friendship with any sim she introduces herself to. She has a bunch of friends so I just try to have her chat them up whenever she does get a bit of free time. But a lot of times her social bar is still yellow.. I may need to look into that independent trait too.
    - Check out my youtube channel and my sims 4 legacy on tumblr-
    alliesim02
    The Scott Legacy