Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Way to increase abduction chance?

(Edit: this post is directed towards the gurus)

I was reading the patch notes for today (April 13) and was a bit concerned about the fix for the alien abductions. I know a few people have been insanely vocal on how much they hate the abductions/pregnancies, but I'm actually on the opposite side of street. I've played about 60 hours worth since the release of Get To Work (bringing my total game play to 423 hours) and haven't had a single abduction yet.

I've placed satellite dishes on all of my played lots, have a ton of science career related inventions placed all around the neighborhood, and even have a specific family set aside to raise an alien. No luck yet. Not even a non-impregnating abduction. It'd make for some great screenshots/stories for my TS4 blog if it would actually happen.

Has the effectiveness of the satellite dish been tweaked to compensate for the reduced frequency of abductions, or are there any plans to do so? If not, I might be up a creek without a paddle. Or a boat. Or even the dang creek. T_T
My Origin ID is Raging_Furball
Simblr: http://raging-furball.tumblr.com

Comments

• Options
    boguczed1boguczed1 Posts: 170 Member
    Setting the satellites to "contact aliens" increases chances, having space rocks in the house helps, meeting aliens in the community increases chances, the ways to identify an alien sim in disguise that I know of is, they glow when they are very confident or very flirty, be in the science career and use discuss aliens, or be in the medical career and discover an alien sim through examination.
  • Options
    I'm in the same boat as you, not getting any abductions either, but I'm trying to meet aliens in the community through those tricks.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Oh one more option, install the wormhole generator on a space ship with 10 rocket science skill, or build the portal in the science career with the sim you want to get pregnant, a male sim that woohoos a female alien will get pregnant if you try for baby. It doesn't have to come from an abduction.
  • Options
    RagingFurballRagingFurball Posts: 111 Member
    Thank you for the reply. I've been using the satellite dishes to contact aliens every 24 sim-hours, and even had a group of aliens visit a house as a result. On top of that, I've visited Sixam a few times, gathering geodes, plants, and whatever else it has to offer. Still no luck though. : /
    My Origin ID is Raging_Furball
    Simblr: http://raging-furball.tumblr.com
  • Options
    I remember The Sims 2, it had a less than 2% chance of abductions, there may be a mod on Mod The Sims that increases abduction chances. Unlike The Sims 3, The Sims 4 works well with mods. Since The Sims 2 there have been mods like this.
  • Options
    That is if you don't mind putting mods in your game.
  • Options
    VitmanVitman Posts: 50 Member
    I was actually kind of happy to see the reduction in alien abductions. My main sim worked at the science facility and pretty much every 3 nights or so if he wasnt pregnant he was getting abducted, got to the point that i started removing his door if i caught him waking up in the middle of the night
  • Options
    mamx2mamx2 Posts: 91 Member
    my went out side on the patio at 10 15 pm , was abducted, this 3 times now, the first time i didnt even see it happened. i do have a spaceship with the wormwood hole on it . and i have spacerocks too and space critters .mm t
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    I think having a high logic skill will help too.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    TurnedBattyTurnedBatty Posts: 120 Member
    I too wanted an increase! My first playthrough my female was abducted twice in a row. Nothing since then. Driving me crazy!
  • Options
    PamhamletPamhamlet Posts: 5,556 Member
    I wonder if trying too hard actually backfires on your efforts? Someone else was having the same trouble--doing everything they could think of to get abducted, but nothing happened. In my case, I wasn't planning or wanting any abduction, at least not yet. My Sims weren't doing anything at all. No science, no logic, no satellites, no rocket ships...yet the male got abducted and came back pregnant. Oh well, the alien babies are cute. Hope you get one soon! :)
  • Options
    Tanja1986Tanja1986 Posts: 1,237 Member
    I read now repeatedly that the biggest boost for higher chances are meeting disguised aliens. So if you happen to meet one and communicate with him/her, then your Sim most likely will get abducted. Also the Satellite Dish from the Science Career makes the chances higher. Some needed to activate the dish 4 or 5 times, before it gets dark.
  • Options
    OlympusGirlOlympusGirl Posts: 7 New Member
    Hey! I figured out that being in a group of aliens with 5 other aliens will increase chances. They do not have to be played, and they don't have to be in your household. When I went to meet a group of aliens so my own alien could have a child with one, a few hours later a female got abducted. Random. Out of the freaking blue. It might work better if you have male aliens only, I guess?
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    Hey! I figured out that being in a group of aliens with 5 other aliens will increase chances. They do not have to be played, and they don't have to be in your household. When I went to meet a group of aliens so my own alien could have a child with one, a few hours later a female got abducted. Random. Out of the freaking blue. It might work better if you have male aliens only, I guess?

Hello @OlympusGirl . Welcome to the forums :) Thankyou for posting about what happened in your game and the helpful tip.
  • Options
    Thank you! I also know that being a Doctor or Scientist heavily helps the chances of abduction.
  • Options
    allisoneg02allisoneg02 Posts: 2,870 Member
    My poor sims have been getting abducted left and right. My one sim got abducted twice and the second time they finally got him pregnant and he gave birth to twins. The other sim got abducted when he was an elder so I thought he was safe from getting pregnant but NOPE he had a baby girl which is son and his wife took care of.
    - Check out my youtube channel and my sims 4 legacy on tumblr-
    alliesim02
    The Scott Legacy
  • Options
    My poor sims have been getting abducted left and right. My one sim got abducted twice and the second time they finally got him pregnant and he gave birth to twins. The other sim got abducted when he was an elder so I thought he was safe from getting pregnant but NOPE he had a baby girl which is son and his wife took care of.

Hello,
    It was nice that one of Sims has twin alien girls. You would enjoy watching them grow up in your game.
    It was nice that the son and his wife cared for his sister when the elder sim passed away.
  • Options
    GeekInterpreterGeekInterpreter Posts: 4 New Member
    It's funny how diferent our experiences are... My sims have never been abducted and only recently did an alien suddenly show up in the game haha. before that I never saw them
  • Options
    It's funny how diferent our experiences are... My sims have never been abducted and only recently did an alien suddenly show up in the game haha. before that I never saw them

Hello @GeekInterpreter :) Welcome to the forums!
    I hope that your sims may be abducted very soon! Perhaps now that you have started to see aliens in your game, it will increase the likelihood of an abduction.
  • Options
    sooozeeebeeesooozeeebeee Posts: 665 Member
    I suspect that the more aliens you know the more likely you are to be abducted as well.
  • Options
    Bluebeard45Bluebeard45 Posts: 3,889 Member
    Thanx to the cry babies they have killed off Aliens.Before the crying started I was seeing Aliens walking all over and getting a nightly visit wasn't a issue.But after the fix it's zip even with all the tricks.
  • Options
    My sim is an alien Detective I made is CAS, and guess what.
    Both males, both aliens, in my household have been abducted, one after the other, two nights. In a row.
    Is this normal?
  • Options
    > @OlympusGirl said:
    > My sim is an alien Detective I made is CAS, and guess what.
    > Both males, both aliens, in my household have been abducted, one after the other, two nights. In a row.
    > Is this normal?

Only Doctors and Scientists improve chances.
  • Options
    Sketch793Sketch793 Posts: 1,218 Member
    Yes, it's normal for two Sims to be abducted two nights in a row. It's a little unusual but there's nothing wrong with it happening.
  • Options
    My sim is an alien Detective I made is CAS, and guess what.
    Both males, both aliens, in my household have been abducted, one after the other, two nights. In a row.
    Is this normal?

Hello .
    Alien Sims can be abducted two nights running. It doesn't happen in all games all the time, but it does occur. They don't need to be a scientist to be abducted, but being a scientist increases the likelihood.