Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How Do I Turn Aging Off in Sims2 Again?

GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,490 Member
It's been some time since I've really played Sims2. I do recall that one way I used to play so that I could have as much time as I wanted with my Sims, was to turn Aging Off. I can't quite recall how to do this. I thought I had it off, but returned to my game to find the infant had aged into a toddler. :( This was quite a disappointment because I never got a chance to bathe the baby. Can someone please remind me of how I turn aging off? I did a search but can't find one on Sims2. Please help. And thanks, in advance.
You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/

Comments

• ShinobuTypeErrorShinobuTypeError Posts: 2,838 Member
    Ctrl+shift+C aging off

You may have to do this for each individual household you play while you are on their lot. I can't remember for sure. I agree though that the lifespans in Sims 2 are way too short. I liked the sliders in 3, or at least the options of short, normal and long that we got in 4. I always play with Long lifespans in Sims 4, usually with an extra potion of youth for double the YA stage, otherwise it feels like their lives are far too brief.
    "It's like there's a pink elephant in the room and no one's allowed to talk about it."
  • cleo00cleo00 Posts: 1,088 Member
    I think the cheat is the same with the boolprop cheat that it should stay on for any household until you shut the game down.
  • kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    edited February 2016
    You might be able to create an entry in the userStartup.cheat file to assure the game always has this cheat set to 'on' as well.

I believe it would be something along the lines of 'boolprop aging off'

If you don't have this file. Create a text file called 'userStartup.cheat' Edit it with Notepad.
    Add the line: boolprop aging off

save this text file in the config folder in your Sims 2 folder in your documents.

Mine has several entries that save me from having to continuously make entries every time I play. I've also created aliases so I don't have to type in full cheats when I hit Ctrl+Shift+C

For example, I only have to type 'm' instead of 'moveObjects on' and 'mm' to turn it off.

Here is an example of my own file.
    # Always active
    boolProp allow45DegreeAngleOfRotation true # use '.' and ',' to rotate
    boolProp useShaders false
    setHighestAllowedLevel 100 #Max Level = 225
    floatprop tvvolume 0.1
    intProp censorGridSize 0
    uintProp maxTotalSims 50
    uintProp maxTotalHumans 35
    uintProp maxTotalPets 15
    # faceBlendLimits off

# building
    alias a"boolProp aptSubLotSpecificToolsDisabled false"
    alias aa"boolProp aptSubLotSpecificToolsDisabled true"
    alias b"boolProp aptBaseLotSpecificToolsDisabled false"
    alias bb "boolProp aptBaseLotSpecificToolsDisabled true"
    alias d "boolprop dormspecifictoolsdisabled false"
    alias dd "boolprop dormspecifictoolsdisabled true"
    alias f "boolprop constrainfloorelevation false"
    alias ff "boolprop constrainfloorelevation true"
    alias l "boolprop locktiles false"
    alias ll "boolprop locktiles true"
    alias m "moveObjects on"
    alias mm "moveObjects off"
    alias q "setQuarterTilePlacement on" #use [ctrl] + [f] to toggle quarter placements on/off; will crash game without use of an alias
    alias qq "setQuarterTilePlacement off"
    alias s "boolProp snapObjectsToGrid false"
    alias ss "boolProp snapObjectsToGrid true"
    alias ch "changeLotClassification low"
    alias cm "changeLotClassification middle"
    alias cl "changeLotClassification high"
    alias clr "clearLotClassValue"
    alias prc "printLotClass"

# zoning
    alias apt "changeLotZoning apartmentbase"
    alias res "changeLotZoning residential"
    alias hotel "changeLotZoning hotel"
    alias vac "changeLotZoning secretVacationLot"
    alias hob "changeLotZoning secretHobbyLot"
    alias soc "changeLotZoning secretsociety"
    alias dorm "changeLotZoning dorm"
    alias grk "changeLotZoning greek"
    alias wtc "changeLotZoning secretWitchLot"
    alias com "changeLotZoning community"

# terrains
    alias desert "terrainType Desert"
    alias lush "terrainType Temperate"
    alias dirt "terrainType Dirt"
    alias concrete "terrainType Concrete"

# misc
    alias car "unlockCareerRewards"
    alias c "boolProp testingCheatsEnabled true"
    alias cc "boolProp testingCheatsEnabled false"
    alias p "plumbbobtoggle"
    alias t "modifyNeighborhoodTerrain on" #use 'p'=smooth ''=raise '\'=level
    alias tt "modifyNeighborhoodTerrain off"

boolProp testingCheatsEnabled false

Note: this is an old file as I'm on a machine that doesn't have access to my newer one. I've since added a few new boolprop entries to help with newer video cards. There are certain view options that aren't available in-game on newer cards, but they're available through cheats. So I use them as boolprop entries.

Anything followed by the # sign is a note that the game won't read. It's more of a mental note for myself.
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,935 Member
    Well, the cheat code is
    aging off

and make sure, that you are not using capital letters.
    This will turn off your household aging and NPC's and sims in other families usually never age.
    A very time consuming alternative would be just accumulate a TON of those life-drink hourglass shaped things from aspiration rewards :D
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,490 Member
    Thank you, All, for the tips. I think my problem was I used caps. :open_mouth:
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
  • TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    edited February 2016
    I use an aging comtroller object from MTS that allows me to decide who is allowed to age in a household by age group.I love being able to select aging on or off for each age group so some might age while others don't age.
    Post edited by TadOlson on
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,490 Member
    TadOlson wrote: »
    I use an aging comtroller object from MTS that allows me to decide who is aloowed to age in a household by age group.I love boing able to select agint on or off for each age group so some might age while others don't age.

Is that one still available? If I go back, full time, to Sims2, that would be well worth it, I'm sure.
  • TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    I've got THIS and it lets me turn aging off for selected age groups.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    In TS2 the aging off cheat is per lot. So, if you don't want one household to age daily you can use the simple cheat and it will stick forever until you want to turn it back on. The only bad thing is your pregnant Sim will not have the baby (if she is pregnant or becomes pregnant) until you turn it back on. And buying a birthday cake will not work in TS2 until you turn aging back on.

In help box typing in aging off. It's that simple.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
    You could also try one of those "realistic aging mods". I've always been curious how fun or annoying those are. Myself I have a custom lifespan mod that I made giving adults 66 days instead of the 29 or whatever is defaulted, which is what I have for adults in ts3. I can't remember the other ages.

With the realistic aging mods it's like thousands of sim days before they age up...so it's pretty much like not aging except they are, just very slowly.
  • kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    cleo00 wrote: »
    You could also try one of those "realistic aging mods". I've always been curious how fun or annoying those are. Myself I have a custom lifespan mod that I made giving adults 66 days instead of the 29 or whatever is defaulted, which is what I have for adults in ts3. I can't remember the other ages.

With the realistic aging mods it's like thousands of sim days before they age up...so it's pretty much like not aging except they are, just very slowly.

The mod I use basically flips the lifespans of elders and adults. Makes a huge difference in my game. Can't imagine playing without it.
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
  • Leo_GruenLeo_Gruen Posts: 468 Member
    I play with an altered lifespan but aside from that Inge as Simlogical has a shurb which refunds back the day lost to keep specific households from aging while others can age. Your sim may age one additional day based on the time of day you buy it but it should prevent further aging. Not sure if it was kept up to date with future EPs, though.
  • SataiDelennnSataiDelennn Posts: 1,265 Member
    > @Cinebar said:
    > The only bad thing is your pregnant Sim will not have the baby (if she is pregnant or becomes pregnant) until you turn it back on.
    >

That's not true. I've had my female Sim pregnant four times now while the aging has been off and she has the baby every time. In fact, I just got her pregnant again with her fifth child now and am waiting for her to show. She can give birth no problem, it's just that the babies stay babies until the aging is turned back on, so I've got two babies, soon to be three, and it's getting a little hard to handle. But after this baby, I'm going to let them age into toddlers, and the toddler into a child. The already existing child will stay a child as he's got 7 or 8 days left.