Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Move objects off grid.

i used to know how to do this but need some help. I'm watching YouTube builders building and see them rotating the objects so they aren't on an angle. They are slightly off the angle. Does that make sense? Which key do you use to adjust the objects? I tried holding in the mouse and rotating the object to be wherever I wanted it but that just moved my camera.

Comments

• PolyrhythmPolyrhythm Posts: 2,789 Member
    Hold alt to rotate/move things without following the grid
    :*:,:*:*:*::*:,:*:*:*::
    v5Yd2X5.png
  • PiperbirdPiperbird Posts: 4,161 Member
    Polyrhythm wrote: »
    Hold alt to rotate/move things without following the grid

That's awesome, I didn't know that was a thing. Do you need MOO on or anything? Does it mess with routing or clipping at all? I might need to play with this!
    Visit me in the gallery! CC-free builds under origin name Piperbird!
    06-01-15_5-18nbspPM_zps8s8jcirw.png
  • PolyrhythmPolyrhythm Posts: 2,789 Member
    Nope, no MOO needed and sims will walk around them like normal objects. The item's footprint still applies though.

I didnt know it was a thing either until I watched a TS3 LP a couple months ago, changed the way I place everything now :p
    :*:,:*:*:*::*:,:*:*:*::
    v5Yd2X5.png
  • PiperbirdPiperbird Posts: 4,161 Member
    Polyrhythm wrote: »
    Nope, no MOO needed and sims will walk around them like normal objects. The item's footprint still applies though.

I didnt know it was a thing either until I watched a TS3 LP a couple months ago, changed the way I place everything now :p

Good deal! Writing that down to try on my next build. Thanks so much!
    Visit me in the gallery! CC-free builds under origin name Piperbird!
    06-01-15_5-18nbspPM_zps8s8jcirw.png
  • ashleyl2203ashleyl2203 Posts: 322 Member
    I use alt a lot to place things off grid but some rotate them to be inbetween angled and to the side. It's like a weird inbetween place.
  • ashleyl2203ashleyl2203 Posts: 322 Member
    So after playing some more with it, it seems you have to switch to sims 3 cameras and then you can hold in alt and click your mouse and Move the object on whatever angle you want it.
  • ItsJayEmmItsJayEmm Posts: 15 New Member
    > @ashleyl2203 said:
    > So after playing some more with it, it seems you have to switch to sims 3 cameras and then you can hold in alt and click your mouse and Move the object on whatever angle you want it.

I had no idea this worked. I've used alt to free place items, but the rotate thing is totally new to me. So much more freedom now! haha
  • ebuchalaebuchala Posts: 4,945 Member
    ItsJayEmm wrote: »
    > @ashleyl2203 said:
    > So after playing some more with it, it seems you have to switch to sims 3 cameras and then you can hold in alt and click your mouse and Move the object on whatever angle you want it.

I had no idea this worked. I've used alt to free place items, but the rotate thing is totally new to me. So much more freedom now! haha

I didn't realize it was dependent on the TS3 camera controls. I've been using them since I started playing and was thrilled at how easily we can place things at angles and offset of the tiles if we wanted.
    Origin ID: ebuchala
    I'm not a psychopath. I'm a high-functioning psychopath. Reaper
  • Kiki4300Kiki4300 Posts: 1 New Member
    Hello Hi um so now that Sims 4 has updated for a while I realized, that I don’t think that alt key works anymore I have a pc and I’m confused...