Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The future of the Sims 4 interview with Rachel Franklin!

1636465666769...Next

Comments

• BlueBlack007BlueBlack007 Posts: 4,480 Member
    edited March 2016
    My Opinion is based on what I have read in the forums, so it is not based on nothing, I have said I was sorry for the remark of No kids in real life part, so I have made my peace about it all, except I did not say for people to not have kids, I said basically that they should not, if they can not handle kids in a game, then they would not be able to handle them in real life, cause a game is much easier, Right? , but again that is My Opinion, which I am entitled to, now I am done with this, I've made my peace.
  • PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    My Opinion is based on what I have read in the forums, so it is not based on nothing, I have said I was sorry for the remark of No kids in real life part, so I have made my peace about it all, except I did not say for people to not have kids, I said basically that they should not, if they can not handle kids in a game, then they would not be able to handle them in real life, cause a game is much easier, Right? , but again that is My Opinion, which I am entitled to.

I'm not sure if I agree with your logic. In real life I'm the consummate animal lover. Those SPCA commercials can bring me to tears. I'm angry when I hear about animal abuse and I've fussed at my neighbors for making their dog stay outside in the cold and rain with no shelter.

However I find the pets in the games really irritating and plan to never buy another Sim pet EP.

It's just like true crime and murder mysteries are my favorite genre. I find it highly unlikely that I'd ever become a serial killer but I've done that often in my Sim games.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Mizz_Creative48Mizz_Creative48 Posts: 1,044 Member
    edited March 2016
    Oh my goodness, I read some of the posts, and who would leave a baby out in the snow? , People if you do not want toddler's in your game, then DO NOT have kids period, Meaning = if you can not handle a child in a game, then you should not have them in the real world either, that is my opinion, as for me I luv kids of all ages and sizes, but for me I was not blessed to have any in the real world, So I DO WANT them in My Sims game, because they only make the Sims world a little bit more Brighter each and every day. :) , also as for putting the blame on just 1 person for the Sims 4 game, remember folks it was a team effort , she was not the only person working on the game, again just My opinion.

Lol many people play the game to escape from everyday life so I don't see how not playing with virtual toddlers is a big deal and relates to not being parent material in real life. There are other ways to play besides sticking to the predictable family life

I understand that so well...that's me. It honestly doesn't matter to me if toddlers are added but I would love to see their return for the people who want them. Me....I thought it was funny when a Sim would forget their baby out in the snow and I've played games where the parents ignored their kids to the point that the social worker came for them.

Maybe it's because I have a orderly, normal kind of real life that I'm such a twisted Sims player. I don't know. I miss my Supernaturals and I'm so sick of these perpetually happy Sims. I wanted Sims that I could inflict misery on...not ones that rebound from a mood in a minute to be insanely happy again.

I'm fine with stuff like that too and my sims barely took care of their kids when I allowed them to have them XD

I'm a twisted sims player too and I usually have psychotic sims on killing sprees. I also miss supernatural sims and can't stand the happy sims either. I don't understand why they feel the need to stare into space grinning every few minutes...
    I am a pet person, and I would really get another pack for pets, I have never had trouble in my games for pets , kids, or anything, I do it all, and glad I did, Sorry if others had trouble with theirs.
    I am a pet person, and I would really get another pack for pets, I have never had trouble in my games for pets , kids, or anything, I do it all, and glad I did, Sorry if others had trouble with theirs.

I don't have trouble with the pets EPs they work fine. I just find the way pets are made in the games irritating attention hogs.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • MocaJavaMocaJava Posts: 1,392 Member

I don't have trouble with the pets EPs they work fine. I just find the way pets are made in the games irritating attention hogs.

I've been playing sims 2 for the first time and the pets drive me a bit nuts. I pet a stray cat right before I left for work and the cat let itself in my house and scratched my couch down into a pile of rubble in a matter of minutes.
  • ebuchalaebuchala Posts: 4,945 Member
    MocaJava wrote: »

I've been playing sims 2 for the first time and the pets drive me a bit nuts. I pet a stray cat right before I left for work and the cat let itself in my house and scratched my couch down into a pile of rubble in a matter of minutes.

Ok, I admit, I laughed out loud at this. Sorry. :D
    Origin ID: ebuchala
    I'm not a psychopath. I'm a high-functioning psychopath. Reaper
  • MocaJavaMocaJava Posts: 1,392 Member
    ebuchala wrote: »

It was kind of funny, I was just all 🐸🐸🐸🐸. :D
  • InvaderchickycatInvaderchickycat Posts: 809 Member
    ebuchala wrote: »

It was kind of funny, I was just all 🐸🐸🐸🐸. :D

That happened to me with my pet kitty I started pretty much my first game and my cat ripped my couch to shreds it was amazing and insane and my simself was useless to stop it :D
  • windweaverwindweaver Posts: 7,375 Member
    My Opinion is based on what I have read in the forums, so it is not based on nothing, I have said I was sorry for the remark of No kids in real life part, so I have made my peace about it all, except I did not say for people to not have kids, I said basically that they should not, if they can not handle kids in a game, then they would not be able to handle them in real life, cause a game is much easier, Right? , but again that is My Opinion, which I am entitled to.

I'm not sure if I agree with your logic. In real life I'm the consummate animal lover. Those SPCA commercials can bring me to tears. I'm angry when I hear about animal abuse and I've fussed at my neighbors for making their dog stay outside in the cold and rain with no shelter.

However I find the pets in the games really irritating and plan to never buy another Sim pet EP.

It's just like true crime and murder mysteries are my favorite genre. I find it highly unlikely that I'd ever become a serial killer but I've done that often in my Sim games.

This is another one of those posts that needs the "LOL" click. It surely would have been clicked on this one over all, but especially with: "I find it highly unlikely that I'd ever become a serial killer but I've done that often in my Sim games."

Thank you for the chuckle.
    My Origin Name is: Cynconzola8
    windweaver wrote: »

This is another one of those posts that needs the "LOL" click. It surely would have been clicked on this one over all, but especially with: "I find it highly unlikely that I'd ever become a serial killer but I've done that often in my Sim games."

Thank you for the chuckle.

No problem, glad you got a chuckle.....I just told the truth. I don't think I'll be a serial killer...but you know life can spin on a dime....you just never know.
  • inmyeyeinmyeye Posts: 396 Member
    Rachel Franklin = (is) the problem. Sims 4 = No open world. Sims 4 = no fun. Sims 4 = DONE.
    “Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to reform (or pause and reflect).”
    ― Mark Twain
  • SummerskydreamerSummerskydreamer Posts: 1,681 Member
    Hello everyone sorry about all this that Rachel Franklin has done to make a sloppy mess of our beloved sims games. It is sad that this had to happen. We may never see our sims games great again.
    I do not know why others think to put the blame only on 1 person, cause it was a Team effort, she is not the only one to Blame, there were many others involved.
  • FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    You do what you got to do, with what you got.........or look for another job