Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why does the sims 4 get boring after awhile?

Comments

• Options
    halimali1980halimali1980 Posts: 8,246 Member
    bekkasan wrote: »
    All sims games depend 50% on imaginations and scenarios/stories the player can make
    If you spice up the game with them then any game will be enjoyable.

My case with TS3 is an exception, because when I start that game and see how ugly the sims are I'm about to throw up. Even with tons and tons of CC I could never make them look decent to my taste. And not to forget also the awful loading times when trying to do something in CAS. That was too horrible. Thank goodness the Sims 4 sims are very beautiful without much effort. The look of the sims gives me lots of motivation to play the game and build my stories.

The sims 4 is absolutely not boring to me. I put over 730 hours playing it. Imagine it, all these hours and we still did not get seasons, university, generations, pets etc... The hours played will most probably double or triple once one of the popular EPs is released.

I agree with you to an extent. TS4 does have some very lovely sims (even without CC) but I've seen some really gorgeous sims over in the TS3 picture thread as well. Sure it does require a moderate amount of time, talent (and CC) to make those sims..but that's besides the point. I'm just saying that both games are capable of producing amazing results. I might not like TS3 non-cc sims but I wouldn't go as far as to say I'd "throw up" from looking at them. :/ I feel you could have worded that a little better for the more sensitive folks around here. I know how it feels to have my favorite TS game (TS4) be bashed on so I can sympathize with any simmer who considers TS3 game to be their favorite TS game and sees a ..uh... "not very nice comment" in that sentence of yours.

^^ I'm sorry if this reply may offend you.. but that's not my intention! :) We should all try to get along without tearing down each other's favorite games especially since they're all from the same franchise. All of them have issues one way or another. It doesn't stop us from playing and enjoying them though.~

Actually, you are not allowed to call people sensitive either....that is one of the reasons we lost our lol and disagree buttons :( Shame we all can't just get along....sings Disney tunes....

@halimali1980 Gosh, just a few months ago you were attacking Sims4 left and right on threads re the culling and getting attacked for your comments. You would think that would make you a bit more circumspect about your own comments. I don't like the appearance of sims4 sims at all WITHOUT CC. That doesn't exactly make me want to throw up, maybe cry a little since I really was very disappointed in the art style of Sims4. I see some sims3 sims that make me want to fix them...but, it doesn't take that long to fix them in CAS+ if you take the time. You cant fix the shiny, plastic, cartoon look in Sim4 that I and others see without CC as that is the way they are designed. :( Go look at the townie makeover thread somewhere in the Sims3 forums and tell me what you see. Some of the sims that @cravenlesat and others posted just needed a different hairstyle, adjust the smile or eyes or even no tweak. That doesn't take hours and hours. I am not the most creative person in these forums, but, I think I've made some really awesome Sims at times without CC and with CC. It is not the look of the Sims that causes the game to be boring for me. It is the game play or lack there of, over the top emotions and multi tasking that does not work, closed worlds, lack of creative tools in the game, general bugs and glitches that continue to plague the series.

@Paigeisin5 Nope, can't say I've ever made a sim of someone I dislike and put them in my game. I like my game time to be enjoyable and that does not sound fun. Gaming is an escape from the day to day pressures for me, not a revenge fest. If the game play is not available in the game for me to enjoy and play MY WAY then it is boring for me. I don't want to play the game YOUR WAY, or RF's WAY. I want to RULE MY GAME. Sorry, not shouting, just emphasizing. :) Until I can play the game my way I will withhold all my gaming funds from EA/Maxis. It is a drop in the bucket to them and they apparently don't care. It is important to me though. I'm finding other fun games to play that don't bore me. :)

Hey,
    Of course I would say culling is really bad. Actually I think it is the worst thing ever introduced in the sims franchise and the last iteration to have it is even a bigger shame. But that has nothing to do with how the sims looks. I would give the developers the credit where it is due and criticize them where needed. Be it for TS2, TS3 or TS4. After all this is one of the main goals of the forums.

What I have stated is a fact to me because that is my personal opinion. To you this is just an opinion. so when I say I would throw up then I mean that. Fixing TS3 sims is way more difficult than fixing TS2 or TS4 sims. That pudding effect needs lots of time to get rid of and sims moving in and out makes it even more difficult. At some point I just gave up because I could not cope with the annoyance.

Again I say here. The first criteria to ME to enjoy making my stories is to have decent and good looking sims. Once I have this then I can go forward and look into other things. I can't tell you how many times since TS3 release I have wished that we had TS2 sims in TS3 worlds. The worlds of TS3 are so beautiful but unfortunately the sims are not.
    Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    Mstybl95 wrote: »
    All sims games depend 50% on imaginations and scenarios/stories the player can make

My case with TS3 is an exception, because when I start that game and see how ugly the sims are I'm about to throw up. Even with tons and tons of CC I could never make them look decent to my taste. And not to forget also the awful loading times when trying to do something in CAS. That was too horrible. Thank goodness the Sims 4 sims are very beautiful without much effort. The look of the sims gives me lots of motivation to play the game and build my stories.

The sims 4 is absolutely not boring to me. I put over 730 hours playing it. Imagine it, all these hours and we still did not get seasons, university, generations, pets etc... The hours played will most probably double or triple once one of the popular EPs is released.

I disagree with your imagination sentiment. I use the sims simulation engine to play a game. Of course, it is also a creative tool, but I don't imagine anything that doesn't happen in the game itself (or modded in). Which just proves that we all play differently. We all use the game for different reasons and no one way to play is the right way.

I've played TS1-TS3 for marathon play sessions. Shoot, at one point in my life, I had to remind myself to live, too. Never got bored of the games. As a matter of fact, I can still go play TS2 and TS3 for hours and still want to play the next day. I usually turn on TS4 and turn it off within 15-30 minutes. This game is just lacking too much in the logics department for me. Because I'm a player who simulations are important to. I rely on the game making logical decisions, even in the background, to keep my interest. I mean...that's what a simulation is supposed to do. Make you believe you are part of the world. Having random sims walking around my tiny neighborhoods is unbelievable, it's annoying. Having children at nightclubs during school hours is unbelievable. When I go to a lot and my sims are missing school and work because the game can't even place them in the right places and keep track of their schedule, it's unbelievable!

That is up to your style. But to me if I stop imagination I would have quit playing sims right from TS1. If I play like you with what the game only has then I would not be here right now discussing the game. We have different styles.

I agree with you regarding the simulation part, I would not want children sims walking in the midnight outside too and I also have criticized GTW for being an awful EP and completely lacks this kind of simulation. But again TS3 was not different at all. The fake one apartment in one building, the epidemic celebrity status and so many other things. The only sims game until date that had some kind of a true simulation is TS2.
    Both TS3 and TS4 are far from it in that area.
    Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
    giphy.gif
  • Options

I agree with you to an extent. TS4 does have some very lovely sims (even without CC) but I've seen some really gorgeous sims over in the TS3 picture thread as well. Sure it does require a moderate amount of time, talent (and CC) to make those sims..but that's besides the point. I'm just saying that both games are capable of producing amazing results. I might not like TS3 non-cc sims but I wouldn't go as far as to say I'd "throw up" from looking at them. :/ I feel you could have worded that a little better. I know how it feels to have my favorite TS game (TS4) be bashed on so I can sympathize with any simmer who considers TS3 game to be their favorite TS game and sees a ..uh... "not very nice comment" in that sentence of yours.

^^ I'm sorry if this reply may offend you.. but that's not my intention! :) We should all try to get along without tearing down each other's favorite games especially since they're all from the same franchise. All of them have issues one way or another. It doesn't stop us from playing and enjoying them though.~

No don't worry. It does not offend me.
    What I am trying to say here in Sims 3 all you will find very ugly townies roaming in the town and you have to take lots of time in fixing every one of them. It was impossible. And by the time you fixed them all some will move out and others will move in. Hardly there is any control there.

How the Sims 3 sims looked was one of the main reasons why I could never get into The Sims 3. Even with ton of CC I was still not satisfied.

Ah, yes... well.. I mean, you may see it that way but other folks don't. There's no point in arguing that they're ugly because there's always going to be someone that disagree's and finds them to be appealing. It's just like @luthienrising said. It's a matter of taste. Trying to get a person who dislikes TS4 art style to like it (or TS4 person to like TS3 style) is like trying to get a hardcore rocker to suddenly start jamming to pop music. Not going to happen.

Oh not at all.
    I came here to tell OP I did not get bored of TS4 but I felt the same way he feels now with TS3 and I gave also one of my reasons why I don't like TS3.
    I have no intention in convincing anybody to like or dislike anything. There is absolutely no benefit for me whether someone likes or dislikes any of the sims games. I was just stating how I personally feel and that is an opinion. Others are free to agree or disagree with it.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    GITTE2001 wrote: »
    Kaantje wrote: »
    @GITTE2001 Looks like your using a skin. If you want to compare you need to do it vanilla.
    I love both games, I really don't undersand why people feel the need to compare. Taste is taste.

That's everything I use. A skin, but I know people who did make the prettiest sims for years with absolutely no cc.
    @JoAnne65 throw the Kobaynes around here again.

This is how some of my sims look without a piece of cc by the way:
    iCziqrz.jpg
    tCxwgvz.jpg
    (All right, she's got eyelashes)
    hXYiM1h.jpg

They are nice sims but I am a control freak. I give a makeover to all my townies. In TS3 I have to give every and each one of the townies a makeover. Not just the played sims. In TS4 many times I get nice townies that I want to play them! In TS3 all the townies (game generated ones) are far from decent.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    OK I am going to stop here so the subject won't get derailed into looks comparison.
    All I want to say as a final message that one of the main reasons got me bored of TS3 was the looks of the sims.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    LAIUIliLAIUIli Posts: 24 Member
    It gets boring because it's way more limited than Sims 3 was. There is very little to do, the loading screens put a break on the gameplay and split up your household if one of your sims go out, and there is very few content. Also, the game seems to populate lots with the same sims all the time which makes it repetitive. Always the same customers at GTW stores too. It gets boring pretty quick, and I'm back to 3 for now.
  • Options
    SuperCoolRachaelSuperCoolRachael Posts: 392 Member
    I know I'm going to get bored once I finish fulfilling different Sims' Aspirations. I'm disappointed that only one EP and one GP have new Aspirations, and that's only one per pack. I've enjoyed fulfilling my Sims' wishes since TS2 (man, but some of the ones from 2 were hard--way too hard for early-20s me), but I've only begun working on their Aspirations in TS4 (I love the goal/milestone system!). It's become my favorite way to play; I don't even bother with whims most of the time.

Once I'm done with Aspirations, I think I will attempt some challenges. Those look like fun.
  • Options
    3KNPen3KNPen Posts: 2,825 Member
    I know I'm going to get bored once I finish fulfilling different Sims' Aspirations. I'm disappointed that only one EP and one GP have new Aspirations, and that's only one per pack. I've enjoyed fulfilling my Sims' wishes since TS2 (man, but some of the ones from 2 were hard--way too hard for early-20s me), but I've only begun working on their Aspirations in TS4 (I love the goal/milestone system!). It's become my favorite way to play; I don't even bother with whims most of the time.

Once I'm done with Aspirations, I think I will attempt some challenges. Those look like fun.

I agree I wish there were more Aspirations to choose from. If you're not opposed to using mods there are some User Created Aspirations out there some of which look like they might be fun to add to the game. But hopefully more official Aspirations get added to the mix soon.
    ~ ~ ~
  • Options
    Chocoholic_GurlChocoholic_Gurl Posts: 72 Member
    I miss the open world, that's why it got kind of boring for me. I like the multitasking and new emotions for sims, but I miss all the combinations of traits and customization from TS3.
  • Options
    EpicSimsEpicSims Posts: 397 Member
    I think the reason for getting bored at this game after playing it a certain amount of time is that there haven't been many expansion and game packs released yet!!
    No restaurant
    No hotel
    No vacation but just one camping site
    No apartment
    Not many interesting items that sims can actually enjoy..
    And so on ... and so forth... Gee..

How long should we wait for the next one after Get together!!? I am so exhausted and sick of waiting.
  • Options
    GITTE2001GITTE2001 Posts: 2,638 Member
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    @Joanne65 I never said I don't like the look of the sims 3, I just said I like the look of the sims 4 vanilla better. And I only said if you compare sims you have to compare them both in their vanilla state. And why you "need to do that?" Because its a more honest comparison.
    Plus I have nothing against cc. I have used tons in both sims 3 and 4. And like we all have said many times, its all about taste.

@Swiftlover13 That would be a great sims game. Also with quicker loading time. Who knows for sims 5!
    I think you may have missed the inducement of Gitte's comment. Halimali1980 said that even with tons and tons of CC she could never make the sims in 3 look decent to her taste. After that she responded to me with a lot of pictures, some of them with CC. So CC or no CC wasn't the issue. The issue was: is it possible to play Sims 3 with attractive and varied sims. No, said Halimali. Yes, said Gitte, and showed hers.

I don't think I read that post. Also @CravenLestat makes really good looking sims 3 sims, without cc. I wish I could. I would love to dump my cc folder like I did for sims 4.
    Yes, I love what CravenLestat does to the (female) premades too. I played Sims 3 vanilla for years, but that's slowly changing. I embraced some NRaas mods and I have this skin now. That's all I need. I play Sims 4 sims vanilla too, I don't need CC for them (I for instance like their hair, in contrast to many) but I have some mods for the game as well.

And you have two hairstyles!
  • Options
    BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    A couple of weeks ago I played sims 3 base Sunset Valley. The Landgraabs. And a few hours ago I played riverview, with one of my cute sims from 2009. I was curious to see if my opinion about the base game has changed. Which was boredom. Well, I got through one day in sunset valley, bored to tears. In riverview I got to night 2. Again, I wanted to fall asleep. Then I opened sims 4 to throw a dinner party that wasn't going right. But it was fun.

For me, I truly think it's the sims in sims 3. They're not "lively" or something. The correct word is probably not as animated as the sims in 1, 2, and 4. I love watching my sims. Anyway, from time to time I will go back to sims 3 base. I want to check out the other worlds with out EP's. I know Midnight Hollow has interesting looking sims. Also, I want to check out base game "gameplay". I don't remember it being a whole lot. :)
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    staravia81 wrote: »
    I think I have to agree with @luthienrising that a lot of this is a matter of taste. Whether TS3 sims or TS4 sims look better is very subjective. They are very different art styles.

In terms of gameplay, it depends on what you're looking for. I will say that the base of TS4 had less than TS3 (or TS2 for that matter), although I enjoyed the aesthetics and playability of TS4 more than TS3 (I would say TS2 is my favorite of the series). That said, I have enjoyed TS4 more since some of the DLC has come out. For example, Get Together is a game-changer for me because I could do a lot more in terms of gameplay, even with children, than I had been able to previously. For example, I just finished from taking my girl scout troop on a camping trip. That's the kind of stuff I couldn't do even in previous iterations of the game.
    I haven't bought GT because I suspect that EP is only great fun when you already like the rest of the game. So even though the new feature (clubs) sounds great (and Windenburg looks awesome), I fear it will not be enough for me to enjoy the game now. A befriended simmer is trying out the clubs now and sharing her thoughts. She is by no means negative about Sims 4 but she did confirm my suspicions. She created a few clubs but she's bored by it pretty quick. I must add she's not the storytelling kind of player. She needs the game to present all the fun (Sims 1 and 2 are her favourites). When Sims 4 releases an EP that will really appeal to me I will buy GT as well though. I think I need somethng else first to accompony it.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    I'm not over the moon about Sims 3 townies either, I'll never allow them in my familytree. But as bit-players I'm fine with them. The thing is, for me that's the same in Sims 4. I love two of the premades - Bella Goth and Bob Pancake - but the rest looks meh to me. I genuinely have no idea why people are bringing up Don Lothario as an attractive guy all the time, he looks totally dull to me and like any other sim. And the NPC's are all look alikes. Not complete clones like in 3 (the all sliders in the middle syndrom), but they are clones of the prototypes in CAS and I don't like them. So I find myself changing them all the time. Like I change some NPC's in Sims 3 now that I have Mastercntroller. It's as easy as pie now with that mod. And I prefer their behaviour, I'm just the kind of person who doesn't get amused when too much effort is put into amusing me.

The looks of the sims is important in order to be able to enjoy the game I agree. A few years ago I was invited by a forum to go to the preview of ITF at EA's in Amsterdam. We had two hours and there was no time to create a sim obviously, so we played with premade puddingfaces. I'll be honest, the EP disappointed me. I was pushing around the puddingfaces, trying out some of the new stuff, but I wasn't enthousiastic. I did buy the EP (I bought everything for 3) and I love the EP. Because it's a completely different thing when I do all those things with my own sims. Suddenly everything became part of their lives and that's when it started working.

But a game with failing gameplay (putting aside if that's the case with Sims 4) is a bore. Even with the most amazing characters imaganable. It's clear it is because I see lots of people declaring the only thing in Sims 4 they like are the sims, and still they quit playing.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    lovejess2lovejess2 Posts: 3,049 Member
    It's all just personal taste. There's nothing objective about any of this. Some people like one thing, other people like another. There's no reasoning about taste. No matter how much I explain how awesome my favorite contemporary painter this week is, it's not going to change your preference for Monet. You'll still find my big blocks of colour boring, and I'll still be bored by Monet. And that's okay. I don't get why we spend so much time trying to argue taste in this forum.

Here's why :p

[img]http://cdn.🐸🐸🐸🐸/instances/48990764.jpg[/img]

Yeah I don't get this thread
    Apparently we can no longer have tastes and opinions apparently if you like Sims 4 you're wrong and vice versa. You can't expect to like everything given to you. I can't complain every time something doesn't appeal to my personal preference. I don't like Korean BBQ but I don't go to Korean restaurants and tell people that that they have a horrible taste in Asian cuisine.
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    lovejess2 wrote: »
    It's all just personal taste. There's nothing objective about any of this. Some people like one thing, other people like another. There's no reasoning about taste. No matter how much I explain how awesome my favorite contemporary painter this week is, it's not going to change your preference for Monet. You'll still find my big blocks of colour boring, and I'll still be bored by Monet. And that's okay. I don't get why we spend so much time trying to argue taste in this forum.

Apparently we can no longer have tastes and opinions apparently if you like Sims 4 you're wrong and vice versa. You can't expect to like everything given to you. I can't complain every time something doesn't appeal to my personal preference. I don't like Korean BBQ but I don't go to Korean restaurants and tell people that that they have a horrible taste in Asian cuisine.
    Some don't want others to have different tastes and opinions, others don't want them to share it apparently. But thanks for the notification. I'm having more trouble understanding a post like this one than Halimali who explains why she hates sims in 3. The latter at least is Sims related and that's what I'm here for. I don't go to Korean restaurants to complain about their bbq, but when I'm at a Korean restaurant and I don't like the food I'll say so. Especially when I am into Korean food in general.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    MiKeeMiKee Posts: 72 Member
    lovejess2 wrote: »

Haha funny. Especiallygoing restaurant everyday for more than year just to say they dont like theor food. They can do what they want but...what would other normal people will think looking at them. Well it is their life they chose and life is fun when peoples are all different.
  • Options
    feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
    edited March 2016
    why does the game get boring after a while??? for me its lack of toddlers. But also I see all those places my sims cant get to or use, like the tram and boat, like the large water pool
    03-28-16_2-33-10nbspPM_zps2dc1dtab.png
    and they cant use them. I see the other houses and the big sky scrappers and cant play them.
    Sims have no effect when drinking alcohol except needing to pee quickly. getting a little tipsy or drunk would be fun.
    and a fun water slide in that pool. and sims being able to swim in it.
    also, it would be great to be able to have the option for kids to do home work with friends that visit.

cinebar said, chaos cause and effect, I totally agree. we need this in our game.
    there isn't enough chaos, no effect. the kids might come home angry. but all they do is stomp. they don't refuse to do homework, they don't slam doors. though one of my angry kids wanted to shout at his dad, not the kid that made him angry.
  • Options
    shadowiciashadowicia Posts: 591 Member
    The game gets boring for me because there is a lack of objects for Sims to do together, like a pool table, play ball.. I miss that kind of stuff..
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Personally, I'm not here to be a 'hater' I'm here to express my frustration with a game that I sort of like in some areas and know they can do better than the half baked (not followed through) stuff they put in this game. I have seen their work (some of them) for the last fifteen years and it can be fifty times better but sometimes it seems they aren't willing or can't do the things (for whatever reason maybe boss won't let them) the things they have done in the past that connected everything in a game to everything they added. Like there is thread up right now you can spy on the neighbors with the telescope..half baked because there isn't a consequence for that. Nothing happens. At least in TS2 the first Sim added to the hood would come to your house and curse you out. And they would see thought bubbles of that Sim, their house, cars, shrubs, whatever was anywhere in the hood. And with the spy thingy in the career in TS2 they could find out stuff about other Sims and in TS3, too, I think. But this is wasted text imho to just say spy on neighbors and it not mean or do anything. That is what I'm talking about do a better job and I will be happier.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    In the Sims 3, I started compiling all my forum posts about my simming in one thread. Other simmers suggested it would nice to easily find all my postings. I then added whatever else was going on in my game. TS3 didn't get really interesting for me until the 4th expansion pack. That's when I started doing my Top 10 simming experiences for each year.

I plan to do the same for TS4. It should be insightful to compare the two after TS4 gets two more expansion packs. I do have my TS3 simming documented from about World Adventures on. Both games feel nebulous so early on, but I am ready to put TS4 away at this point until the next Expansion Pack comes out. Depending on what the game pack is, I will probably put it off and get the EP and the GP at the same time.

But...

That expansion pack has to be Generations.
    I just feel like I shouldn't buy anything else until it comes out. If it ever does. :p
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    I believe whether Sims 4 gets boring or not depends on the playstyle you want to go with. My imagination can cover alot of ground in Sims 4, but as soon as I want to try a different playstyle I walk into a wall. That's when I get frustrated and stop playing, and not open the game for a looong time. This didn't happen in Sims 2 - I can literally switch playstyles mid game session and still enjoy it - I'd play until the game crashed. I don't know what it is with Sims 4, but I end up getting tired, exhausted playing a longer period of time, even when I am playing a playstyle that works. Maybe it's the repetition of everything.
    I use the Sims 2 as a comparison because I never really got into Sims 3. But in Sims 2 everything seemed so alive, despite the limitations of graphics etc. When you travel to a community lot in Sims2 things happen. When you have a party in Sims 2, things happen. Chatting with other sims don't seem pointless. Kids actually have a personality. There are more animations than talking. I guess it's hard to quantify sometimes, but it's both hard and easy to see what is different in the two games. I think one thing that is different is the richness of animations we got with Sims 2. And the sims aren't smiling like loonies all the time.
    I'd rather have the points system back, instead of having traits based on Craigslist descriptions. Like, what were they thinking?

Anyway, I do like Sims 4, but to be a lasting game, it needs to be overhauled. I don't think that will happen though. That's why spending money on the game seems so useless, because it won't last past the next 5 years. That is what we all want though, for the game to be something we can love for a long time. I don't know about you, but I'd buy ALL sims games, if they were as good as or better than sims 2. If the games were as good as Sims 2, Maxis could easily have us spend money on the games indefinitely. LOL
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • Options
    LAIUIliLAIUIli Posts: 24 Member
    [quote="Cinebar;14690152"]Personally, I'm not here to be a 'hater' I'm here to express my frustration with a game that I sort of like in some areas and know they can do better than the half baked (not followed through) stuff they put in this game. I have seen their work (some of them) for the last fifteen years and it can be fifty times better but sometimes it seems they aren't willing or can't do the things (for whatever reason maybe boss won't let them) the things they have done in the past that connected everything in a game to everything they added. Like there is thread up right now you can spy on the neighbors with the telescope..half baked because there isn't a consequence for that. Nothing happens. At least in TS2 the first Sim added to the hood would come to your house and curse you out. And they would see thought bubbles of that Sim, their house, cars, shrubs, whatever was anywhere in the hood. And with the spy thingy in the career in TS2 they could find out stuff about other Sims and in TS3, too, I think. But this is wasted text imho to just say spy on neighbors and it not mean or do anything. That is what I'm talking about do a better job and I will be happier.[/quote]

So true. The game is extremely half baked. I mean right from the beginning I remember they released it with 6 or 8 careers! 8! I mean how is that acceptable in any way?!? And then they only added two to the base game. It is extremely shallow and I didn't really feel any real sense of choice playing it. I mean to this day a bunch of careers from previous games are missing (no Politician, for example). And the careers they release are all extremely random and unrealistic in many cases. It's just ridiculous. Then I got GTW and found out that besides the obvious problem of the same Sims being at community lots ALL the time the customers at your store were the same ones all the time too. They didn't find a way to fix that.

Worlds can now be as offensively small as four lots. And the two base game worlds were very, very small. There is little to do. It just lacks the depth and variety of previous games. Oh but it did give us loading screens again so... Yay?
  • Options
    PiperbirdPiperbird Posts: 4,161 Member
    LAIUIli wrote: »
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Personally, I'm not here to be a 'hater' I'm here to express my frustration with a game that I sort of like in some areas and know they can do better than the half baked (not followed through) stuff they put in this game. I have seen their work (some of them) for the last fifteen years and it can be fifty times better but sometimes it seems they aren't willing or can't do the things (for whatever reason maybe boss won't let them) the things they have done in the past that connected everything in a game to everything they added. Like there is thread up right now you can spy on the neighbors with the telescope..half baked because there isn't a consequence for that. Nothing happens. At least in TS2 the first Sim added to the hood would come to your house and curse you out. And they would see thought bubbles of that Sim, their house, cars, shrubs, whatever was anywhere in the hood. And with the spy thingy in the career in TS2 they could find out stuff about other Sims and in TS3, too, I think. But this is wasted text imho to just say spy on neighbors and it not mean or do anything. That is what I'm talking about do a better job and I will be happier.

So true. The game is extremely half baked. I mean right from the beginning I remember they released it with 6 or 8 careers! 8! I mean how is that acceptable in any way?!? And then they only added two to the base game. It is extremely shallow and I didn't really feel any real sense of choice playing it. I mean to this day a bunch of careers from previous games are missing (no Politician, for example). And the careers they release are all extremely random and unrealistic in many cases. It's just ridiculous. Then I got GTW and found out that besides the obvious problem of the same Sims being at community lots ALL the time the customers at your store were the same ones all the time too. They didn't find a way to fix that.

Worlds can now be as offensively small as four lots. And the two base game worlds were very, very small. There is little to do. It just lacks the depth and variety of previous games. Oh but it did give us loading screens again so... Yay?

Another thing that hurt for me is a single Sim can't do both branches of a career. Why in the world would they possibly choose to limit that? Who sat around in a meeting a decided that was a good idea? Everything in this game is so very, frustratingly, limited.
    Visit me in the gallery! CC-free builds under origin name Piperbird!
    06-01-15_5-18nbspPM_zps8s8jcirw.png