Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Run away

dallymunoz21dallymunoz21 Posts: 99 Member
How can my teen sim run away?

Comments

• Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,585 Member
    Hi :)

They have to have very low relationships with all of the family on the lot.
  • cleo00cleo00 Posts: 1,088 Member
    I think then the option is on the phone, though I'm not certain and I might be confusing that with the sneak out option. I've never actually had a teen run away. @Rflong7 can fill in the blanks I'm leaving :p
    It's not on the phone- I believe, since I've never had on runaway, it happens on it's own once the relationships hit a certain low point. I was always told it had to be with all the members on the lot. They won't come back until they're ready to grow to adult.
    I've wondered if they show up for moving to Uni even if they're runaways?

I figure Lilith would be a good candidate for it with just a little push.
  • dallymunoz21dallymunoz21 Posts: 99 Member
    How do I get the voodoo doll?
    @dallymunoz21 - You get it from fixing all the broken objects in the Witch Doctor's house in Twikkii Island. First you have to find a map to the secret lot on Twikkii Island- There are 3 vacation places and each has a hidden lot map. :)
    Dig to find it or some are given on the Tours for a reward.
  • LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    I had Lilith run away from home a couple of different times in the past. There is a small window of opportunity after a teen runs away from home, their parents can call the police to report that their child ran away from home. I read somewhere in the past the parents only have a few hours to do this. Now the chances of the police finding and returning them back home, there is one of those percentages that either they will find them, or they won't.

In one game save I managed to get her back home, while in the other, she stayed away until her birthday, and then she returned for that.
    How can I go to a group outing with a child and other people?
    To make a Group they can use the phone option or ask while the Sim in there. I believe a child can't do it, a teen or older has to start the group and then invite the child- if they're high enough in a relationship.

The parent has a group and the child is in the group, but every time the parent goes to meet the group they say that they don't want to leave the child.
    The parent has a group and the child is in the group, but every time the parent goes to meet the group they say that they don't want to leave the child.

Are they using their car or going by taxi?

• LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    edited March 2016
    I remember once when I was playing Alexander Goth. His girlfriend called him up for a group outing. When he finally arrived in Downtown, he came out of the taxi along with his girlfriend, her witch friend, her mom, her dad, and her little brother, still a child, and was best friends to Alexander.

The first time the child did not have that little blue diamond above his head, and he left pretty soon after that. Then another time, another outing, same people, but this time the child had a blue diamond above his head and he stayed the whole time. But each time the child showed up, he came with the main group.
    Can I write a love letter?
  • cleo00cleo00 Posts: 1,088 Member
    Not in sims 2, no. That came with sims 3 I believe.
  • Rukola_SchaafRukola_Schaaf Posts: 3,065 Member
    does anyone know how a teen can run away together with another teen sim ?
    is this even possible ?

i won't be participating in the forums & the gallery anymore - thanks EA
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    Teens can't run away together. Although that would be a great thing for story telling! They can sneak out together but that's all.
  • BoergeAarg61BoergeAarg61 Posts: 949 Member
    edited September 2016
    Goldbear86 wrote: »
    Teens can't run away together. Although that would be a great thing for story telling! They can sneak out together but that's all.

With University, they can go to college together, too.

They can either be sent from the neighborhood screen or sent one at the time and moved into the same lot from the student bin.
    Post edited by BoergeAarg61 on
  • SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    @dallymunoz21

When I first started playing after quite a bit of effort I got Lilith pleasant to run away and then felt really guilty especially as I did not have much idea about bad memories it can cause so I made the parents call the police ans she came back as @LaBlue0314 says...

Just wondering has anyone played independent teens? I am given to understand they can go live by themselves so am wondering how they would be moved out the family home and once they were out of the home in their own place can other teens go live with them? do they still have to go to school/work?

Or would I have to make a single family with teens and then move the parent out ( if that was even possible? )
  • classicXcrimeclassicXcrime Posts: 175 Member
    @SPARKY1922 During my most recent play I focused on the Pleasant family and wanted to have Mary-Sue and Daniel separate and Mary-Sue and Angela would move out to live on their own and Lilith would move in with her grandparents. I used the phone to move out Mary-Sue and had her take Angela, but when I went to move Lilith out I was not able to because she needed an adult with her. However, I was able to have Daniel move out and Lilith was left on the lot alone. So moving the parents out and leaving the teen sim behind is definitely possible, or at the very least I was able to do it.
    @classicXcrime

LOL thanks for that because honestly I try to avoid killing off my Sims to get what I need so after finding that out have you tried to move any other teenagers in to live with Lilith?

I am thinking I am going to try what you have done but leave Angela at the house and try move Dustin Broke in with her because although I do not play premades very often it is obvious when I am playing the Broke family that Dustin often hankers for Angela and I wanted to explore that more..
  • classicXcrimeclassicXcrime Posts: 175 Member
    @SPARKY1922 No, I didn't end up moving anyone in with her. I kept with the original plan and moved her in with her grandparents. It ended up working pretty nicely since she got complete control of the funds from leaving her family home and I was able to make a really nice living space for her and her grandparents.

I've been having some issues with my computer that could potentially be linked to TS2, which doesn't really make much sense, but because of it I haven't been playing it much.
    i asked cause one of the sims i played now wished for running away together with another teen
    but what's the point to wish for something which cannot be made ?

@classicXcrime

No worries I will save my neighborhood and then try a few things and see how it works out. What problems are you experiencing with playing 2 are you playing the UC version?

@Rukola_Schaaf

I have not seen that option/wish yet lol but it sounds interesting.. I have only seen the shall we sneak out options with teens and then they get arrested by police and just come home afterwards..

It would be strange for sims to get wishes they cannot achieve in game?
    the teen which had the wish is Ripp Grunt from Strangetown
    he was constantly bullied by his older brother Tank Grunt & apparently the future love of his life is Ophelia Nigmos & he wished to run away together with her
    i remember dimmly from 8 years ago before TS3 as i played TS2 still there were some wishes which seemed to me not feasible
    i know that sims can run away alone & i had maybe two actually run away but i would like to know what to do with that wish :smile:

chances are if someone plays Ripp Grunt from the start that he wishes it there too :smile:

• AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,835 Member
    edited September 2016
    Rflong7 wrote: »
    I've wondered if they show up for moving to Uni even if they're runaways?

I don't think they are controllable again until they transition to adult, right? Maybe if you cheat selected them?
    I've only had one, maybe two runaways since release so I can't remember...

baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,835 Member
    SPARKY1922 wrote: »
    Just wondering has anyone played independent teens? I am given to understand they can go live by themselves so am wondering how they would be moved out the family home and once they were out of the home in their own place can other teens go live with them? do they still have to go to school/work?

Or would I have to make a single family with teens and then move the parent out ( if that was even possible? )

Yeah, you can't move them out on their own. They can raise younger siblings/members, but keep in mind that if they run low on funds and can't feed or pay for the nanny to take care of the younger ones while they are at school/work, the Social Worker will pay a visit to snatch them away. If their grades drop, they will be forced to quit their job, so you really need some funds left from the adults to ensure survival. ;)

baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif