Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

OS X 10.11 El Capitan official release thread

Comments

• pop_electricpop_electric Posts: 126 Member
    Has anyone tried to contact game support recently to see what they say?
  • intheclear12intheclear12 Posts: 82 Member
    Has anyone been able to get this resolved? I haven't been able to play since El Capitan came out in October!! I can't believe EA still hasn't fixed this problem...
  • BluebellFloraBluebellFlora Posts: 7,110 Member
    No, it hasn't been fixed yet.
    apple-signature.png
  • cbartsch69cbartsch69 Posts: 169 Member
    I have an open case with EA Help right now trying to address the issue. I keep uploading crash files and images of the weird graphic distortions that happen right before a crash, so maybe it'll finally get fixed. Although my case has been open for 6 weeks and all I ever hear from them is that they're sorry my case has slipped through the cracks, no info. on a fix...
  • clamshelliclamshelli Posts: 1 New Member
    I have the same issues.....I have wasted the past 3 days going through all of my custom content - ONE BY ONE! I took out ALL mods, still crashes. Then I found this thread. I cannot believe that we are just being ignored on this. I spent a LOT of money....having bought the game a couple of days BEFORE their 1/2 price "anniversary sale".....and I also bought both expansions...and some stuff packs. THAT is a lot of money for a game that DOESNT WORK and NO SUPPORT!
  • onnaday14onnaday14 Posts: 8 New Member
    So another patch has been released which still does not address our issue with the game. We must be invisible to EA....this is so 🐸🐸🐸🐸 frustrating!
  • candy8candy8 Posts: 3,815 Member
    I agree that is because there are not enough people with this problem some people with Mac's seems they can play and others can not.
  • lizbliz008lizbliz008 Posts: 7 New Member
    I just downloaded the El Capitan update and can no longer play the Sims 4. I can get past the loading screens up to live gameplay and the graphics begin to glitch and I get the debug prompt. I have to force quit to get out of the game. I am running the Intel HD 4000 graphics card.
    Here are my specs.

Model Name: MacBook Pro
    Model Identifier: MacBookPro9,1
    Processor Name: Intel Core i7
    Processor Speed: 2.3 GHz
    Number of Processors: 1
    Total Number of Cores: 4
    L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB
    L3 Cache: 6 MB
    Memory: 4 GB
    Boot ROM Version: MBP91.00D3.B0C
    SMC Version (system): 2.1f173
    lizbliz008 wrote: »
    I just downloaded the El Capitan update and can no longer play the Sims 4. I can get past the loading screens up to live gameplay and the graphics begin to glitch and I get the debug prompt. I have to force quit to get out of the game. I am running the Intel HD 4000 graphics card.
    Here are my specs.

Model Name: MacBook Pro
    Model Identifier: MacBookPro9,1
    Processor Name: Intel Core i7
    Processor Speed: 2.3 GHz
    Number of Processors: 1
    Total Number of Cores: 4
    L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB
    L3 Cache: 6 MB
    Memory: 4 GB
    Boot ROM Version: MBP91.00D3.B0C
    SMC Version (system): 2.1f173

Your Mac has dual graphics. When you load the game it is switching over to the NVIDIA 650M 512Mb which is causing the problem. Click on Graphics/Displays in the System Profile window and you can see all the info about your graphics cards.

apple-signature.png
  • pop_electricpop_electric Posts: 126 Member
    So I recently called EA support team to see what was happening and the customer service I received was terrible! I told them the issues and they said yes they are aware and thats all he said, he proceeded with long pauses and no information. I said it's completely unfair that there is no information or an update about the issue and if it was a pc issue it would have been addressed quickly, I also said its unfair in the amount of money we have all paid for a now useless game to which he responded that the game is playable I just have to downgrade my operating system and if I still have problems then come back! I cannot believe this is the solution that has been given to us! after I sent images also of the crashing he gave me the good old line.... 'I want to you remove the game and reinstall it again!' I swiftly cut him off and said I have already went down that path and it does not fix the issue, he also hung up on me!

this is beyond infuriating and I hate that there is no way we will be heard or there's not even a simple way to complain to EA!
  • SansSanitySansSanity Posts: 1 New Member
    HI, I usually play Sims 4 on my PC, I have a a mac a recently downloaded sims 4 on it? I transferred all my CC from my PC to Mac. On the mac it doesn't seem to be showing up. As if I didn't put any CC in my Mods folder at all. Any suggestions that could help?
    For those of you waiting for EA to fix the NVIDIA issue have you thought about installing Yosemite on an external drive and reinstalling the game on there? I've just written instructions for another Simmer here if anyone's interested :)
    apple-signature.png
  • jemerefijemerefi Posts: 5 New Member
    OS X El Capitan
    Version 10.11.3
    MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Early 2015)
    Processor 2.7 GHz Intel Core i5
    Memory 8 GB 1867 MHz DDR3
    Graphics Intel Iris Graphics 6100 1536 MB
    Serial Number C02QPFG3FVH3

Expansions: Holiday Celebration Pack, Luxury Party Stuff, Cool Kitchen Stuff, Spa Day, Get to work, Get together, Up all night digital content, digital soundtrack, Digital deluxe upgrade, life of the party digital content.

I bought this computer and the first thing I downloaded was this game. I used it 5 consecutive days, and after that couldn't use it anymore.
    I haven't been able to play the game since january, when I try to start the game it freezes and i have to shut it down because is not responding.
    @jemerefi

Have you tried repairing the game in Origin?

Have you moved your Sims 4 folder from Documents > Electronic Arts out onto your desktop and loaded the game again?

apple-signature.png
  • jemerefijemerefi Posts: 5 New Member
    > @BluebellFlora said:
    > @jemerefi
    >
    > Have you tried repairing the game in Origin?
    >
    > Have you moved your Sims 4 folder from Documents > Electronic Arts out onto your desktop and loaded the game again?

Yes, I've tried everything that the've told me, which includes what you mentioned. If I wrote my problem here, was because they told me to, I've been having this problem for almost 2 months, I can't believe I spent so much money for something that I could only use for 5 days. Telling me that this problem will be resolved with a new patch isn't making me happy, 2 months, and if I don't contact them on a daily basis I'm pretty sure They don't even bother to answer. I'm very dissappointed with EA.
    To all those who can't play due to the NVIDIA/El Capitan issue, @SimGuruModSquad has suggested installing the latest NVIDIA drivers manually from the NVIDIA site.

If you need help I've written a detailed guide here.
    apple-signature.png
  • sophielauraxosophielauraxo Posts: 5 New Member
    Hi! I'm just unsure as to whether my mac can run Sims 4 if I were to update to El Capitan.
    I've not updated to El Capitan yet as I want to make sure I'm able to play it.
    It would be OS X verison 10.11.4, and my current version is 10.8.5 (I know, its bad. I really need to update)

Here is my system information:
    MacBook Pro
    Processor: 2.3 GHz Intel Core i7
    Memory: 4 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
    Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 4000 384 MB (also says NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M when graphics/displays is selected)

I've recently had the 'install helper' problem but managed to fix this.

Could anybody give me some advice please?

Thanks in advance!
    @sophielauraxo

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/14151690/#Comment_14151690

After you have read that please read SimGuruModSquad's post towards the bottom of page 7 about updating your drivers manually and my post at the top of this page.
    apple-signature.png
  • EthanSimsEthanSims Posts: 27 New Member
    Hey, I'm about to upgrade my ram from 4GB to 8GB is there any changes in gameplay/performance I will notice?

Specs:
    MacBook Pro (13-inch, Mid 2012)
    2.5 GHz Intel Core i5
    4 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
    Intel HD Graphics 4000 1536 MB
    @EthanSims

Yes. You should notice an overall boost in your Mac's performance as it will have more RAM available.
    apple-signature.png
  • sophielauraxosophielauraxo Posts: 5 New Member
    @BluebellFlora
    Thanks!
    My mac matches this description: Late 2012 15" MacBook Pro - Model Identifier 9,1 - Model No. A1286 (650M 512 MB)
    But, my mac doesn't say Late 2012, but says Mid 2012 instead. I've read through the posts and noticed that most problems are late 2012 rather than the mid, will this still impact me?

If I were to update my drivers, should this be done before installing El Capitan?
    @BluebellFlora
    Thanks!
    My mac matches this description: Late 2012 15" MacBook Pro - Model Identifier 9,1 - Model No. A1286 (650M 512 MB)
    But, my mac doesn't say Late 2012, but says Mid 2012 instead. I've read through the posts and noticed that most problems are late 2012 rather than the mid, will this still impact me?

If I were to update my drivers, should this be done before installing El Capitan?

Is your Mac the retina 15"? Model Identifier - MacBookPro10,1? If so, and you have this issue, then I'd like to add it to the list :)

You should update to El Capitan first and load your game to test it. If it doesn't work, and you are experiencing the same graphics issues that others have who have replied on here have, then yes, you could do the manual NVIDIA driver update but please be aware of what it entails. I have written a guide and explained why it is not necessarily a good idea to do it here.
    apple-signature.png
  • Ldyt611Ldyt611 Posts: 3 New Member
    My Specs:

Running: OS X El Capitan version 10.11.4

Model Name: MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2014)
    Processor Name: 2.5 GHz Intel Core i7
    Memory: 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
    Graphics: Intel Iris Pro 1536 MB

Upgraded from OS X Yosemite.

The Sims 4 Premium Edition, Get to Work, Get Together, Luxury Party, Perfect Patio, Cool Kitchen, Spooky Stuff, Movie Hangout, Romantic Garden, Outdoor Retreat, Spa Day and Outdoor Retreat are currently installed on my Mac.

Used to crash running Yosemite, now runs smoothly and haven't had a problem yet.
  • BournefreakyBournefreaky Posts: 3 New Member
    I'm not sure how everyone else is getting but for what it's worth - i've installed the latest NVIDIA drivers mentioned above and the problems have vanished! I managed to play for 2 hours straight with no crashing, no funny graphics, just pure Sims magic! I'm running OS X 10.11.4 on an iMac (Late 2012) with NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660M 512 MB. Hope that's of some help.
    I'm not sure how everyone else is getting but for what it's worth - i've installed the latest NVIDIA drivers mentioned above and the problems have vanished! I managed to play for 2 hours straight with no crashing, no funny graphics, just pure Sims magic! I'm running OS X 10.11.4 on an iMac (Late 2012) with NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660M 512 MB. Hope that's of some help.

Oh that's great news!

apple-signature.png