Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 2 megahood and prescripted events

KalanafeinKalanafein Posts: 106 Member
edited March 2016 in The Sims 2
Hi, I need a little help with a problem that I've found after reinstalling the sims 2 with meetme2theriver mega hood on my new pc:
a few months ago I had installed everything the same way, and the prescripted events in pleasantview and strangetown worked as in the base game (while in Veronaville they had some problems, but not dealbreaking ones).
This time around however, when I loaded the Curious household and sent the brothers to the telescope, Vidcund was not kidnapped by aliens, no matter how many times I reloaded.
Does anyone know how to fix this? Or how to force the abduction? I've already tried with boolprop and right click on the telescope, but it does not work. I'm 100% sure that last time I installed the mega hood (with pleasantview as the main hood) vidcund was regularly abducted,

Does anyone also have a list of the pre-scripted events (and more generally speaking of the events that are suggested the first time a household is loaded) per neighborhood?
The ones I remember are the following:

Pleasantview
- The Caliente household has a burglar during the first night, Mortimer Goth is there as a visitor the first time the household is loaded.
- The Pleasant household has Mary-Sue get a bad work event and come home just in time to get the husband cheating with the maid.
- Brandi Broke is pregnant with a male (oddly, i got a female in my last try, but I was kinda sure that it was scripted to be a male)
- At the Goth Household Cassandra is marrying Don, who can have cold feet and run off if the relationship is not high enough.

Strangetown
- Vidcund Curious gets abducted by aliens if he uses the telescope during the first night, while Pascal is pregnant with an alien baby

Veronaville
- Romeo Monty is supposed to call over Juliet and make out with her, which makes Mercutio go nuts (not really sure about this: this household always gave my an error when I opened it the first time)
- At the Summerdream party, Puck can choose to kiss Hermia, which makes Mercutio go nuts.

Did I miss any?

Thanks for the help! And Happy Easter!

Comments

• Cabelle1863Cabelle1863 Posts: 2,251 Member
    It's been so long since I played the pre-scripted events, I can't remember if there were any others. I think there's supposed to be something going on in the Beaker household (Nervous gets freaked out over cockroaches?) and I think Johnny Burb is supposed to have an awesome birthday party, but I quickly send him to Uni instead because I don't want to age him to an adult and miss out on college.

My megahood is more of a custom version (extracted sims via SimPE) so any corruption or messed up files is corrected (like the missing DNA for many of the Strangetown sims). So in my version, there's no pre-scripted events. But it's pretty easy to replicate some. To get Vidcund abducted, you just need the "summon aliens" aspiration benefit. Do you know how to set that option under the aspirations benefits table?

Also, they fixed Brandi's pregnancy with one of the later patches, so that it would properly link to Skip's DNA. That's why the baby is sometimes now a girl.