Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What has made you think of Sims in your everyday life?

SephySimsSephySims Posts: 18 New Member
Today I was in a food court with my boyfriend and I heard someone nearby say something that sounded very like "Dag-dag!"

Anyway I got very excited and babbled to my boyfriend about how that phrase is a greeting in Simlish, to which he mentioned that it also sounds like "Da-da" in English...

Low and behold, there was a father and his toddler nearby....

It made me laugh all the same. Has there been anything specific in your every day life that has made you think of Sims?

Comments

• PiperbirdPiperbird Posts: 4,161 Member
    There are products named 'Plum', and that always cracks me up. I suppose that's more forum-related than Sims, related, though.

Plum%20Baby.jpg
    20151115_Berry_Day_Night_Set_opt.jpg?v=1447687883
    Visit me in the gallery! CC-free builds under origin name Piperbird!
    06-01-15_5-18nbspPM_zps8s8jcirw.png
  • NeonHighwaysNeonHighways Posts: 1,508 Member
    Whenever I see beautiful houses and mansions in real life I remember my days building in The Sims and get super inspired and wanting to play! I take pictures for inspiration and all that! It makes me super happy!
  • IceDrizzle27IceDrizzle27 Posts: 648 Member
    I always think about Sims when I want to put something away, but I sit down first for at least 15 min. ;) (Yes, pun intended - that bug annoys me)
  • hailey080702hailey080702 Posts: 47 Member
    Yes, of course xD. I often see people in real life that remind me of a sim of mine. Me and my sister both play sims, so whenever we see someone who looks like one of our sims we always have to point it out to each other. For some reason it happens very often, lol.
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    When I drive around I often think houses look like a "sim" house. Not necessarily big fancy one's either. I wonder if I can remake them... since I'm not the best builder. I sometimes wonder if the gallery might have some celebrity sim when I watch something.. and I'll go look.
    Sometimes doing mundane things makes think about the Sims.. just daily stuff.

egTcBMc.png
  • kokoro80kokoro80 Posts: 651 Member
    When I meet an interesting real life "character" and try to imagine if they were a sim what would thier traits be.
  • IceDrizzle27IceDrizzle27 Posts: 648 Member
    kokoro80 wrote: »
    When I meet an interesting real life "character" and try to imagine if they were a sim what would thier traits be.

I do the same as well.

• kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    Reading this forum makes me think of them. As for the rest of my days, I have a pretty active imagination that borders on erratic. But I do recall back in my S2 days that listening to people talk in crowded rooms reminded me of simlish. Gave me a good year's worth of chuckles.
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
  • halimali1980halimali1980 Posts: 8,246 Member
    The obsession of being in control with a god hand have always made me think of The Sims.
    When I am jogging outside and see the lively neighborhood and everyone doing something just reminds me of the sims all the time
    Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
    giphy.gif
  • SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    Driving past houses and buildings that I would love to have in the sims.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • dreamerz13dreamerz13 Posts: 9,927 Member
    edited March 2016
    Sometimes I just see people that make me think of a sim, lots of times actually. Sometimes they look like a sim, whether it's a premade sim or a sim I've made. No kidding one day this couple came into the store I was working at and they looked exactly like my main couple at the time. We also had a regular who looked exactly like a premade in TS3. EXACTLY, clothes and everything. Sometimes I just see a person and start thinking about how easy they would be to make as a sim, how they just have a sim-like look to them.

Or like, the other day, and this might sound a bit mean, I saw a lady who my first thought was "I hate when my cheek sliders do that to a sim, it just looks kind of odd... maybe if the lighting wasn't so poor and harsh on them." (she honestly was overall pretty though she just had this hint of the look in TS3 when your sliders are a bit off and the lighting casts a poor shadow on them... but outside of the poor lighting they look better. It was the exact same thing).

Also at this store I worked at, they sold a bit of everything which include furniture and I swear to god our furniture department either inspired the sims, or was inspired by the sims... whichever. So many times I would walk through the department and think "Hey that sofa's in the sims... I think my sims actually have that sofa."

Also, whenever somebody exclaims "woohoo" my mind directs to the sims and I have to stifle a giggle.
  • DominicLaurenceDominicLaurence Posts: 3,398 Member
    Well, seeing nice houses is one of the main things for sure. The others are mostly when I'm staring at the mirror trying to come up with a nice ideia for my hair, and when I start to queueing in my head the actions I'm about to do.
    ID: StGerris
    Legacy Photomode
  • tinyplumbobtinyplumbob Posts: 58 Member
    I'm not sure if this counts, but when I see minimalist houses on pinterest. ^^
  • Ravager619Ravager619 Posts: 3,738 Member
    Whenever I see a nice, modern home I always think "I wonder if I can build that?"
    "That person who helps others simply because it should or must be done, and because it is the right thing to do, is indeed without a doubt, a real superhero." - Stan Lee
  • GasStationSushiGasStationSushi Posts: 20 New Member
    I was in a hospital waiting room once and there were magazines on the coffee table in front of me. I picked up one that had many minimalistic homes included in articles. I took pictures of a lot of them so I could recreate them in the sims.
  • Evenstar606Evenstar606 Posts: 1,618 Member
    I think of Sims in a lot of situations lol. Whenever I see a house I like, I always want to build it in Sims. I also wish we had the capability to stretch rooms in real life and make them bigger, since I hate my 8x11 bedroom lol.
  • SephySimsSephySims Posts: 18 New Member
    Yeah Pinterest is great for lot-building, comes complete with floorplans :)
  • 5782341b77vl5782341b77vl Posts: 9,149 Member
    Walking into a room and not know why I'm there for - think MY watcher canceled the action I was about to do... :open_mouth:
    ...AND WASH YOUR DING-DANG HANDS!
  • IdontrcallIdontrcall Posts: 19,349 Member
    Whenever I see beautiful houses and mansions in real life I remember my days building in The Sims and get super inspired and wanting to play! I take pictures for inspiration and all that! It makes me super happy!

I used to be like that!!
    Check out my cooking Youtube channel: Living with Leigh
  • AngelEb95AngelEb95 Posts: 1,538 Member
    I wish I could do the motherlode cheat in real life whenever I look at my bank account
    attack-on-titan-attack-on-titan-s4.gif
  • clysonclyson Posts: 80 Member
    Once my sims got a $25 per hour dollar promotion. That would be useful in real life right now
  • HappySimMaxHappySimMax Posts: 79 Member
    Every time I look at a nice house, I'll think
    ...I wonder if I can build a house like that on Sims.

Or if I see any kind of diamond I think of Sims.

On a side-note, my boyfriend and I make a lot of Sims references. Like we sometimes greet eachother saying "Sol-sol!" and sometimes he'll exclaim "aww YIBS!"
    It's pretty great.
  • SephySimsSephySims Posts: 18 New Member
    > @AngelEb95 said:
    > I wish I could do the motherlode cheat in real life whenever I look at my bank account

That's the dream!