Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

So why are you still playing Sims 3?

Comments

• Options
    CatKittyFish77CatKittyFish77 Posts: 33 Member
    I'm just personally not impressed with the Sims 4. I like that the characters seem to have more "personality" but its limited with other things in my opinion. My computer cant handle the new game very well either. So I am just sticking with the Sims 3. And even though I have been playing it since it has come out, there are lots of things that I have not yet done with the game. Such as mods and the achievements and what not.
  • Options
    wsteffi30wsteffi30 Posts: 115 Member
    I just like the Sims3 better. I played the Sims 1and 2. I wasn't impressed with 2, but I'm glad I got Sims 3 because I really do like to play it. What I've seen and heard about the Sims 4, I don't think I would like it. Right now I'm still enjoying the Sims 3 so I'll stick with it.
  • Options
    dw4518dw4518 Posts: 263 Member
    what there is of TS4 I like very much but it's one tenth of the game that is TS3. there's just not enough content and gameplay.. I feel like I'm playing an unfinished game (which it is)
  • Options
    AngelEb95AngelEb95 Posts: 1,538 Member
    Because I like playing it? Im not going to abandon sims 3 and jump on Sims 4 just because it is a newer game. :/
    attack-on-titan-attack-on-titan-s4.gif
  • Options
    Okblondee7Okblondee7 Posts: 2,607 Member
    From what I have read, there is no way I would spend the money on Sims 4. It's too expensive for what you get. I have up until now been one of those people who runs out and buys the newest version of anything. Not anymore.

I love my Sims 3. :)
  • Options
    KoumoriDiruKoumoriDiru Posts: 6,681 Member
    Cos it's fun
    tumblr_nvbyvezH0b1uvyu9yo8_r1_400.gif
  • Options
    andyb9274andyb9274 Posts: 307 Member
    I still play TS3 because I simply find it the most enjoyable of the sims games. While TS2 has quirkier, funnier sims, I just cannot go back to it before I become irritated by the lack of an open world, and 3 also had far better customisation tools. Sure, TS4's more streamlined build/buy mode is good for quick "pick-up-and-play" gaming, but I prefer working out every little detail of what my houses and sims look like, which is tough to do in TS4. TS3 also has better features are simply better than any of the other games (excluding businesses from TS2) in my opinion. Sure, TS2's sims are more fun, but everything that the sims can do in that game (and TS4) compared to TS3 are just lacking.

You could argue that it's unfair for me to compare TS3 to 4 due to the expansions and other content that has been added to the game of the years, and you may have a point. However, without the open world TS4 becomes incredibly frustrating, and with its current lack of content on par with the quality and quantity of both TS2 and TS3 make it the weakest of the three in my opinion.

It feels like a throwback to TS1, only without the charm and humour (or the music).
  • Options
    pisceschick75pisceschick75 Posts: 541 Member
    Why do I still play TS3? Because I can...LOL...and TS4 bores me. I thought Get Together would liven things up a bit...nah. I went back to TS3 shortly after getting my fill of it. I am currently working on an "alphabet soup" family...generational family A-Z. It's going to take awhile...so, yeah. I am in it for the long haul with TS3.
    Is there a support group for Simming Addiction? I think I need it... :p
  • Options
    PhilipsimPhilipsim Posts: 40 Member
    Because Sims 4 just feels like a whole different game... I don't know why but it feels empty and so un-fun, in Sims 3 you got this whole open world and I just much more connected to it, I tried playing Sims 4 and it's just different.
    large.gif
  • Options
    BlackSandBlackSand Posts: 2,074 Member
    Romire wrote: »
    Rather curious for those still playing Sims 3
    As soon as I get the chainsaw started ... I'll show you.

Kinner%20077_zpsragulv1r.jpg

I eat pickles on my hamburgers ... MWWAHAHAHAHA
  • Options
    JessiebrumJessiebrum Posts: 21 Member
    I like to play with families, and in the sims 4...I don't know, I like the game, but it's really confuse try to make a family gameplay and every time one of my sims go to parties and bars etc, and with no open world it's kind difficult :/
    And babies. I really miss babies.
  • Options
    Dani47531Dani47531 Posts: 192 Member
    I'm still playing because there's so much to do! I got TS3 back in 2013 and I've barely explored the whole game, I'm pretty sure I've explores 1/8 of the options, and I've never had a long family legacy, or completed many lifetime aspirations, plus, it's a completed game with cool expansions, while the sims 4 is not completed and there are barely any options/things to explore/do. I also enjoy the open world, and having cars, and although I enjoy the build tools in TS4, I prefer having terrain tools. I also like the fact that we have a color wheel. I like how the bars/lounges/places to go to in TS3 have so much life and things to do, while in TS4 everything is plain and lacking character (I don't have all expansions, so I can't speak for everyone) I also love the fact that we can give our sims more traits and choose their favorites, but for the most part, I have a personal attachment to TS3, so I would never let it go.
  • Options
    PhilipsimPhilipsim Posts: 40 Member
    > @Dani47531 said:
    > I'm still playing because there's so much to do! I got TS3 back in 2013 and I've barely explored the whole game, I'm pretty sure I've explores 1/8 of the options, and I've never had a long family legacy, or completed many lifetime aspirations, plus, it's a completed game with cool expansions, while the sims 4 is not completed and there are barely any options/things to explore/do. I also enjoy the open world, and having cars, and although I enjoy the build tools in TS4, I prefer having terrain tools. I also like the fact that we have a color wheel. I like how the bars/lounges/places to go to in TS3 have so much life and things to do, while in TS4 everything is plain and lacking character (I don't have all expansions, so I can't speak for everyone) I also love the fact that we can give our sims more traits and choose their favorites, but for the most part, I have a personal attachment to TS3, so I would never let it go.

I know! I'm playing since 2009 (Then I stopped at 2011 and came back in 2013) and I still feel like there's so much to explore!
    I've never played with fairs, never made a family without kids, never went on a too much long vacation, and more and more!
    large.gif
  • Options
    ECrafters99ECrafters99 Posts: 99 Member
    I still play sims 3 because it has more stuff then sims 4,

I love sims 4, I just switch back and forth.
  • Options
    EmperorDittoEmperorDitto Posts: 128 Member
    I play the Sims 3 because the possibilities it gives me in my game play almost feel limitless. For example it allows me to make my sims into immortals for example. And because I don't have the Sims 4 yet as well.
  • Options
    amyedwards1986amyedwards1986 Posts: 244 Member
    That's simple. I still play TS3 because It's so much fun and will be much funnier than TS4 would ever be.
    11ay6ix.jpg

What we have once enjoyed we can never lose. All that we love deeply becomes a part of us -Helen Keller-
  • Options
    ManPhobIaManPhobIa Posts: 88 Member
    I have to say, I've played Sims 3 since day 1 release and I've took a few breaks from it and due to a younger age back then I was totally oblivious to the amount of bugs and whatnot, as well as being capable enough to start messing with files and use mods... I've just figured out this year how to get the game running how I want it, there's just so many issues with the whole story progression and random townie spawners for my liking to play it vanilla. The issue is arising with The Sims 4 where the townies wear the most random assortment of clothing, it'll only get worse with future expansions, but at least The Sims 3 has Nraas (huge, huge amount of mods) and AwesomeMod (play it TS2 style aging). I do love how TS4 allows customization of the aging and story progression deeper than TS3, but that's just not enough to get me to enjoy TS4...

My issue with TS4 is pretty much everything that isn't build mode or CAS. 4 holds the benefit for any sims game to have the best build mode and CAS, the whole picking and pulling features is fantastic and build mode is incredily intuitive even if you sucked in previous iterations. The other games (possibly excluding 1) felt like build mode was always in advanced mode, it's often intimidating because it is very advanced and you may argue it allows for endless possibilites, but it's how you get around to putting pen to paper so to speak. But... the gameplay is so shallow. It's entirely focused on partying, nothing but gathering together and partying. There's no balance of play style whereas all of the other games got that perfect, it isn't even the lack of toddlers either it's the lack of actual gameplay. If you play 4 like how you used to play 3 you'll find you'll just be doing mundane tasks that has no progression to gameplay whatsoever, just groundhog day in the Sims world. It's got something to do with the open world because of this, Sims 2 worked due to it's time as well as the fantastic family gameplay (just how they interacted etc was brilliant, you'll know what I mean if you played it. Sims 3 advanced in that aspect and it may not have as much as a nostalgic feel to TS2 that's in my opinion due to the expansions and content within them (felt more optional whereas TS2 all of them were perfect, some features in 3 from expansions were underused and shoehorned in too, but again completely optional). I have an issue with TS4 skills too, it's like whenever you use an object related to gaining a skill you immediately earn it instead of having a bar first reach fully and then earn it, it's so annoying it made me turn off autonomy but that just made the game extremely boring for me because I felt too in control due to no AI, I can't even trust it. I want my sims to have like specific skills and needs. It's little things like that which bug me to no end, as well as the stupid behaviour of sims, I get EA wanted to go for a more comedic feel but it feels like whatever they do it's just ridiculous and forced, like why are they behaving like absoloute monkeys even when nobody is around? Probably to tailor to kids but yeah, so so ridiculous for older players.

I don't think 4 will ever live up to previous iterations, even with the amount of stuff packs it has now it still feels like it has zero gameplay to it, it's just dissapointing but hey if we dissapointed players who want the franchise to achieve the same level of diversity in gameplay as 2 and especially 3 did, then we'll just be silenced and paid dust. Or told to go away by players or something, I imagine the fan base is incredibly split because of the utter disaster of a launch 4 was, but I haven't been on the forums since before 4 launched so I dunno (it's for that reason I haven't bothered with the forums judging from almost every thread being players asking for missing features returned or somethins). It's sad, really sad actually. What's good about The Sims in general is that it's a never ending game so we always have the older games to play in these dark ages. Lol, melodrama...

I'll probably just be playing 3 until 4 becomes good with content (and Pescado returns to fix all the annoyances with an AwesomeMod). I'm curious, really curious about if there'll be a 5th game; but I'll probably just have zero input when it comes to it's release lol. I'm really digging Supernatural atm though, I never knew how fun the collecting aspect would be with the werewolves and witches, Moonlight Falls is gorgeous at full moon due to the overly done bloom effect too. I'm signed in and I didn't actually realise how much achievements there are so it's making the game really fun due to that too :smile:
  • Options
    carlystur03carlystur03 Posts: 435 Member
    I did the free trial of Sims 4, but I wasn't interested enough to buy it.
  • Options
    nickibitswardnickibitsward Posts: 3,115 Member
    I bought the Sims 4 but it doesn't hold my interest enough to play it, it's missing too much for me.
  • Options
    clysonclyson Posts: 80 Member
    The reason why I still play the Sims 3 is because the Sims 4, in my opinion isn't complete. If you are going to release a game at least make it were the people who don't have game/expansion packs don't feel left out and feel as if they need to buy the expansion packs to feel welcomed. Plus in Sims 4 they don't have open worlds which was a big let down for me. The loading screens everywhere you go is annoying as hell. We are stuck with this until Sims 5 comes out because if they made open words they would have to start from starch again.
  • Options
    sdangelo78sdangelo78 Posts: 75 Member
    You all just made me miss sims 2&3
  • Options
    catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    I played sims4 for 8 months, then I just couldn't take it anymore. All they can do is talk pretty much. There is no freedom to create, the lots are too small, the graphics are horrible. There will never be toddlers, babies are tied to the crib. There is nothing I like about it except the sims themselves, they move better. I just made a story of jealously and obsession which I never could do with sims 4. I like doing stories. Everything in sims4 is goals which hold no interest for me.
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    edited March 2016
    I am talking a break, but TS3 is not coming off my computer.
    The reasons to play it:

-It's complete.
    -Open World
    -Create-a-style
    -World Editing and World creation
    -More creative freedom
    -No telling me how to play
    -Toddlers
    -Sims that don't play musical chairs
    -Teens that don't look like young adults
    -I decide where and how my sims go for a jog.
    -No loading screens to travel to lots in the world
    -All the household members are available to me no matter where they are in the world.
    -The journey to the destination is as important as the destination itself.
    -Cars, taxis, bicycles, motorcycles, hover bikes and hover boards, and horses.

The performance issues that others complain about don't affect me much.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    spivoskispivoski Posts: 299 Member
    I like this thread. It's good to see so many people still enjoying the Sims 3 like me.

I'm going to go play right now! Goodbye :D