Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Glenkarri's DNA Builds, complete list and links

Comments

• GlenkarriGlenkarri Posts: 2,181 Member
    edited February 2016

Nooooooooooo, :'(:'( I moved my Tester Sim out of the fully furnished home and she took all the furnishings, everything with her, >:)>:) that's me screaming you hear...................so sorry Reddvelvett, :s the build you might have from the Gallery is unfurnished, you may enjoy doing it yourself. At present I am re-decorating the build and will put it up shortly, thank goodness I have it all in inventory and memory, but sheesh, how annoying :#:#

Saved by my great clever friend, here is the complete version Reddvelvett
    [urlhttps://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/186A9581D2D511E58075D2521D31BD01?category=lots&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=Glenkarri&max=50&maxis=false[/url]]

Post edited by Glenkarri on
  • romagi1romagi1 Posts: 6,988 Member
    Annoying! ANNOYING!! Does not even begin to describe it! I so despise having to redo something let alone a whole house! :'( Since I can't help you I will sniffle along with you. :'(
    PHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW.....our gorgeous BRILLIANT Retired,Team mate, Kaztomp helped me retrieve my FULLY FURNISHED build, uploading it now. So don't cry Rox......... :p
    blair2396 thanks for checking in, I have some good ideas for your Houseboat and will get started very soon, good to see you have lots of Store goodies, what fun. ;)
  • romagi1romagi1 Posts: 6,988 Member
    Glenkarri wrote: »
    PHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW.....our gorgeous BRILLIANT Retired,Team mate, Kaztomp helped me retrieve my FULLY FURNISHED build, uploading it now. So don't cry Rox......... :p

Yay for Kaz!!!! :)

• Swiftlover13Swiftlover13 Posts: 2,369 Member
    Lol. Be careful....

Hi Glen. I am having an issue with Seascape. Whenever I go to map view, it still shows the Unabridged lot. I'm going to go ask the technical help team for help as the house is un-viewable unless I get up close to it. Can't lose points on the RFSS!
  • ReddvelvettReddvelvett Posts: 236 Member
    Glenkarri wrote: »

Nooooooooooo, :'(:'( I moved my Tester Sim out of the fully furnished home and she took all the furnishings, everything with her, >:)>:) that's me screaming you hear...................so sorry Reddvelvett, :s the build you might have from the Gallery is unfurnished, you may enjoy doing it yourself. At present I am re-decorating the build and will put it up shortly, thank goodness I have it all in inventory and memory, but sheesh, how annoying :#:#

Saved by my great clever friend, here is the complete version Reddvelvett
    [urlhttps://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/186A9581D2D511E58075D2521D31BD01?category=lots&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=Glenkarri&max=50&maxis=false[/url]]

Awwww, thank you and tell your clever friend thank you too. I actually thought that is how you did it....beautiful work friend. Just beautiful.
    edited March 2016
    Hi Again Reddvelvett, Looks like it will be me again for your Mansion as listening to other Team Members, they are either unwell, out of action or having PC problems. I know I cannot build amazing Mansions 9like 60209060 but hopefully this one will be a tasteful rendition of the original, again I will do my best. I have made a good start on the outside, WIP photos below ;)
    The first pic is taken in Sunlit Tides, (it fits onto Lovely Lot) but I am building in Riverview as the colours and lighting are better. Starting inside now..... can only manage 10 bedrooms as I am leaving a large area double height as you asked. I read in your request form most of the bedrooms are b/w ... do you mean black and white decor or just stick to nice pastels for the bedrooms???

Screenshot-4_zpsou0dnhmf.jpg

Then I changed the fencing around the roofline and balconies etc. I think this looks better

Screenshot-15_zpsl7p7ebst.jpg

Screenshot-13_zpsshadjav4.jpg

Screenshot-10_zpsltr0elqh.jpg

Screenshot-14_zpszoqexjen.jpg

Screenshot-12_zpsy6t5b7az.jpg

• soocoolsimsoocoolsim Posts: 6,262 Member
    Wow Glenkarri, you are off to a speedy and wonderful start :smile:
    edited March 2016
    Thanks Paula, Mansions are not really my forte, but this one is lovely, right on the Beach, in a favourite World, right up my ally.........lol, still I am glad you like it, your work is amazing and I appreciate your input, thanks again for dropping by ;)
    Still no Reddvelvett, I hope you are not having too many computer troubles. I am nearing the completion of your Mansion. It does not contain some of the rooms from Second Life, as it would not all fit on the lot and in some cases my decor in some of the bedrooms, is a little less sumptuous, as my Computer was starting to groan under the size of the build towards the end. Still I feel it is a very beautiful luxury home and hope all will enjoy it. It will go up to The Exchange very soon. :)
  • TiaBaddTiaBadd Posts: 104 Member
    Hello :smile: I saw you claimed my build and thought I would go ahead check in and bookmark this thread! :smiley:
    Hi Tia, I am making a start on you home. Do you have the Romantic Garden Set?? There are some goodies in there that would fit in nicely. :)
    Yes I have it :)
    edited March 2016
    Thank you :) Build going well Tia Badd, about half done, on the interior now and loving this new Romantic Garden Set. ;) I have had some Real Life issues so that's why it's a bit slow. All done, hope you like it
    https://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/C5A1DE16F2DE11E587A6112135E6DD8F :)
    Hi Patrick, I will have some fun with this one, found the photos of the farm it is so nice and challenging. Catch up soon :)
  • flstriderflstrider Posts: 1,912 Member
    I sent you a message with the Eagle Harbor link and glad you found the pictures, I still really need to learn how to build lots to reflect this time period!

Here is where the farm will go:
    farmlot.jpg

Thanks for doing this!!!!!!
    My World's thread linked in Sig
    NewSig.jpg

Yess, My sims love it <3 and just in time for the Easter party they are gonna have, Thanks! :) <3 :D
    Oh that's great to hear TiaBadd. Have fun in there. :)

Hi Patrick, Getting my head into Medieval Farm mode right now............lol B) catch up soon ;)
  • ohthedramaohthedrama Posts: 181 Member
    edited April 2016
    Hi Glenkarri! I really appreciate your willingness to edit the lot for me.

So I googled some pictures for some clarity on my vision for the lot:

iZWpVGx.png

6AnXSJR.png

In both images, there are beautiful hanging lanterns, lights and cherry blossom trees overhead. This is the kind of setting that I envisioned for the front and middle of the lot. I love the pathway that you build on the left side of the lot that's lined with hedges on both sides-- it's really beautiful. I also enjoy the fountain that you made that's next to the lounge, and I love the lake that you built at the front right side of the lot. I would love for these features to stay on the lot.

I do have a request that you demolish the lounge on the lot, as a fully outdoor setting would be ideal, and to also delete the romantic garden arches on the left of the lot, the cobblestone pavement in the middle of the lot, the jungle gym, and any children's toys because I plan on mostly adults visiting the lot. I also request square and/or wooden tables for the furniture, along with some nice chairs that match. Any lanterns, or hanging lights that could hang overhead from the trees would be a fantastic touch for the lot.

Also, I really like the Christmas tree with string lights that comes in the free Celebration Pack, as it gives a nice touch to lots, and it would fit into an Asian themed park. The tree that has lanterns attached that comes with the Movie Stuff Pack is also a really nice tree. I do love the cherry blossom trees you used, so a combination of any of these colorful trees would be wonderful!

I know that you'll have a ton of space to fill for the remainder of the lot, so here are some suggestions : a bonfire, one grill, a small "performing stage" that has a foundation that maybe Sims can play the violin on or some other instrument, chess tables, etc.
    I'll get onto reworking this lot tonight. As I said, this is the first Park I have built in Sims 4 and they have different rules. I was forced to put the Jungle Gym in and the monkey bars and a toilet, sink etc., as these items must be in a Park or it remains incomplete. Here is a quote from a Sims advisory service online:

Park
    Take a stroll around this beautiful outdoor space. Watch the kids scream with delight around the playground.
    [col type=”6″]1 Sink
    1 Toilet
    1 Waste Disposal
    2 Benches
    1 Chess Table[/col][col type=”6″]1 Monkey Bars
    1 Patio Table
    4 Outside Patio Chairs
    1 Jungle Gym

National Park

Grill some hot dogs and enjoy a family picnic in serene forest.
    [col type=”6″]1 Gril
    1 Trash Can[/col][col type=”6″]1 Picnic Table

Perhaps it would be better to make it a National Park, if I can. I will go in and delete the building and other items I can and see how it all goes. Will get back to you. I feel you won't need too many more Cherry Trees. They make a thick screen from above and do not seem to disappear readily when playing the game, unless you get extremely close.. I know you want space for picnic baskets .........at any rate off to renovate and will get back to you. I will leave the present Sakura Way online for others to enjoy as it does offer many fun things for Sims families to enjoy, as it is. Your re-worked lot can be named something else. :)
    edited April 2016
    OK building gone, pathway gone, Jungle Gym and monkey bars gone. I have set it up as a National Park. so there is no need for a toilet or sink either. I am putting up some pics of various tables as it will be hard to make them look like your inspiration photos. Also a photo of the trees lit up, I hung a light in them, also blended a lamp into the trunk, what do you think???

04-12-16_6-26nbspPM_zpsa6mekfgf.jpg

04-12-16_6-26nbspPM-3_zpsvuidy0cd.jpg

Pics of other square tables, let me know which one you like

04-12-16_6-27nbspPM_zps0shj7xnc.jpg

The Trees lit up
    04-12-16_6-52nbspPM_zpstyft4ixo.png

Have a good look at the tables and chairs and let me know what you have in mind............will now wait to hear from you
    I really like how you made the trees look! I would like for you to use the longer wooden tables for the table furniture. There are also some lovely chairs called "Chair in the corner" that would look great with the table. Perhaps we can name the park Sakura Park.
    OK I went with the lighted trees theme, it is most impressive at night. Here are some photos of the Park as it is now, is this suitable for you. I could not find Chair in the Corner, is it Sims 4 content, or CC. You could always change the chairs as I have no CC in my builds. Let me know :)

04-14-16_5-13nbspPM-2_zps9jktf82p.jpg

04-14-16_5-13nbspPM-4_zps8askwziu.jpg

04-14-16_5-14nbspPM_zpsi0ohayar.jpg

04-14-16_5-13nbspPM-3_zpsbmbedxmz.jpg

04-14-16_5-21nbspPM-4_zps44oqudlv.jpg

04-14-16_5-21nbspPM-2_zpseb8u9azp.jpg

04-14-16_5-21nbspPM_zps8ekhqgjk.jpg

04-14-16_5-20nbspPM_zpshh7ohfia.jpg
    The Chair in the Corner is Maxis content, so I'll just add them myself like you suggested. The build looks great! I love the tree lanterns, and I also like how you incorporated all of my suggestions. It looks lovely ^_^. Love the stage too.