Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Relationship building activities?

cleo00cleo00 Posts: 1,088 Member
edited March 2016 in The Sims 2
Hi there!

So for about 2-3 years now I have had a generational thing going on where I have 16 young adult sims. I then divide them into groups or cliques - the masculine men play kicky bag (4), the alternatives hang out (8), and then the boring and/or nerdy play video games (4). It's stereotypical as plum...but oh well.
Anyways, I am thinking about changing the video game group to something else, as they don't seem to necessarily gain relationships with each other from it. So while the 4 kicky baggers and the 8 hangouters are all bffs, the 4 videogamers have no friends. 29 Generations later, I think it is time to change that.

What are some other 4 person indoor activities that they'd build relationships from? I thought about mahjong or cards but I'm not sure if those increase relationship or just fun&social.

Thanks in advance for suggestions.

Edit: random annoying question mark stuck itself in there.

Comments

• Summerbear5Summerbear5 Posts: 643 Member
    That is funny that the "gamers" have no friends.

When you do have them play video games is it on the computer? Also are they doing "lan party"? I think they build relationships that way...not positive. What about gaming competition?
    angrycat.gif
  • cleo00cleo00 Posts: 1,088 Member
    It's the game console that they play on the tv. They don't seem to actually be interacting with each other. especially since only two can do it so there's the two watching.
  • Cabelle1863Cabelle1863 Posts: 2,251 Member
    The game console doesn't seem to do anything other than increase fun, from what I've seen.

I have rarely bought the handheld electronics that came with University (other than the phone), but I think that hand held game thing can increase the relationship if they play together. Emphasis on think, because it's been ages since any of my sims have had one. They can buy it from the "Sellafone Gadget Kiosk" which comes in the University lots, but is also found it the catalog so you can place it in the regular community lots too. Have your gamers all buy one for themselves, and see if they'll be able to play together.

Another idea is to set up a "rec room" area with some of the video arcade games and/or the pinball machines, and have them play together. Some of my sims have gone from acquaintances to good friends just by getting in some pinball time.
  • TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    I put chess tables on ommunity lots and pinball machines for sims to get to know each other though I don't get many visitors to my community lots in a new town because of a Mod I use to restrict that if the lot isn't built up yet.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • cleo00cleo00 Posts: 1,088 Member
    I didn't even think of pinball machines :o

I ended up putting the card table down. The only thing I hate is the stupid llama Amar Sator keeps sitting and playing the whole freaking day when my sims aren't using it :P
  • TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    Here's an example of the pinball machines at the lot.They're from career rewards and I got a Mod to unlock them in buy mode.
    25368644683_b8d6357765_c.jpg
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • DrewRowlandDrewRowland Posts: 2,057 Member
    I have them play kicky bag and chess. One of my sims played kicky bag with her worst enemy (-100 daily relationship) for a night and in the morning they were best friends. :D
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited March 2016
    They can gain social and relationship points from any of the games they can play together, like pillow fight, snow ball fight, red hands, tag, hide and seek, torment, (possible negative drop in relationship points) swing around, etc. etc. Any game they can play together like Mary Mack etc. builds relationship points, no objects necessary. ETA: Hide and Seek and Kicky Bag can be played by more than one two Sims. And or if playing with toddler and they are using their skill building toys the parents and siblings (or anyone really) can play with them. Can be played by more than just two.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.