Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My sim just walked across the street without a loading screen in the sims 4. What is this sorcery?

My sim just walked across the street without a loading screen in the sims 4.
2jer5s9.jpg
6JSxk49.png?1

Comments

• kinot9229kinot9229 Posts: 528 Member
    Everyone can walk across a street without a loading screen...
    You will see a loading screen when you visit another sim's house or other lots.
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    You can walk all around the neighborhood.... visit the neighborhood gardens if there is one built in and fishing spots. You can't go into another home lot or or venues though without going through a loading screen.

egTcBMc.png
  • jessathemessajessathemessa Posts: 2,342 Member
    What others have said. Each little sub-neighborhood has it's own "public areas" -- so basically anywhere that is loaded except for lots themselves. If you move around the neighborhood, any place where your cursor shows the little "feet" thingy your sim can walk to. I hope this is helpful.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    What others have said. Each little sub-neighborhood has it's own "public areas" -- so basically anywhere that is loaded except for lots themselves. If you move around the neighborhood, any place where your cursor shows the little "feet" thingy your sim can walk to. I hope this is helpful.

Shame we hit a loading screen when going to visit the neighbor.
  • jessathemessajessathemessa Posts: 2,342 Member

Shame we hit a loading screen when going to visit the neighbor.

Agreed. I would love open neighborhoods!
  • LukeLuke Posts: 642 Member

Open neighbourhoods need to happen at some point ... hopefully.

Origin ID: Derpiez
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,752 Member
    Luke wrote: »

NO OPEN neighbourhoods. it would be a load on people with older computers
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited March 2016
    2jer5s9.jpg

Did you seriously just happen to find that you can roam freely around the districts of the town now?
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • LukeLuke Posts: 642 Member
    MadameLee wrote: »

It's 2016 though ... it's the 4th generation of The Sims. The natural progression has always been to include some sort of open concept of play.
    Origin ID: Derpiez
  • Frn0731Frn0731 Posts: 7,180 Member
    open neighbourhoods would be great then we would only have loading screen when visiting separate neighbourhoods. I can see that much of a problem if it's just a few houses.
    Laugh out loud. Often
  • BilmonaghanBilmonaghan Posts: 1,552 Member
    edited March 2016
    The load screens are about eight seconds long. They don't bother me as much as Sims 3 crashing to desktop every six weeks and losing your entire "open world" about two generations in.
    Le Dynastie d’Angers: 83 – WWAD?
    Annette Thayer butts heads with the late Eric Lewis on her first day as steward.
    ldd083banner.png
  • wolfkomoki1wolfkomoki1 Posts: 5,053 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    2jer5s9.jpg

Did you seriously just happen to find that you can roam freely around the districts of the town now?
    Yes. XD

6JSxk49.png?1
  • mrnhmathmrnhmath Posts: 750 Member

Then give us a option to disable the open neighborhoods. Options is what's lack in sims 4
  • CaronteCaronte Posts: 44 Member
    > @Bilmonaghan said:
    > The load screens are about eight seconds long. They don't bother me as much as Sims 3 crashing to desktop every six weeks and losing your entire "open world" about two generations in.

Not to mention empty public lots for the most part, especially at night.
  • TheMomminatorTheMomminator Posts: 4,215 Member
    Yes, you can trudge around the neighborhood with all the other trudgers. You cannot go to the library without a loading screen. Worse you cannot send Mom to the library without losing control of the rest of the family. You can't even think about sending Mom to the library, Dad to the gym and the kids to the park. That's just crazy talk in The Sims 4 which was developed 1984 not 2014.
  • SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    mrnhmath wrote: »

Then give us a option to disable the open neighborhoods. Options is what's lack in sims 4

So you're the "option person" I remember when Sims 4 was about to come out and everybody wanted everything as an "option"
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I wouldn't mind the option, but I'm at this point with the no open neighborhood crowd. I don't want the lag of having all of that happening at the same time. I don't want community lot or neighbors garden's dying because it's all open and working at the same time.
    egTcBMc.png
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,596 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    2jer5s9.jpg

Yes. XD

Haha, oh my goodness. All this time! XD
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif